Celestica

Celestica Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Won't be around for long.
Senior Administrator/Book Keeper (Former Employee), Gourock, SCTJuly 19, 2013
Pros: nice location
Cons: long hours, no thanks, no formal training.
Badly managed company, managers living on Cuckoo land.
They call themselves the "Dream Team" what a laugh.
Manipulate & bully employees.
fun place to work at
Cosmetic Inspector/Pack out Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: fun place
Cons: the heat
typical day at work is always busy.
i learned multiple things at this job site
management is very understanding and will help at anything u need
co-workers are nice never really spoke to anyone.
hardest part of this job is the heat.
most enjoyable is the hours and over time
PRODUCTIVE FUN PLACE TO WORK
Production Team Lead Supervisor II (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 16, 2013
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: long hours
Conducting daily expectation meeting.
Electronic assembly
Co-Worker worked well as a team.
Hardest part of job enforcement of terminations
Most enjoyable part of job working with diversity.
Warehouse
Customer Representative/General labor warehouse (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: smoke breaks
Cons: everything
You really have to slave yourself in this job and if you don't know Spanish then you might as well resign because practically everyone that works there speak Spanish and have their own little gang to replace any other worker they want behind their backs without any notice.
Challenging and fun place to work.
Coordinator for Final Solder and Completion (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 10, 2013
Pros: lots of diversity that made it fun and challenging.
Challenging place to work with lots of opportunity to learn more about supply side management.
I learned a lot about how push work through when it was necessary to meet due date with literary hundreds of part numbers and multitudes of processes for each one.
My coworkers were very dedicated and willing to put in long hours with the added benefit of – more... lots of overtime pay which is what most of them desired, but it wasn't required.
Great crew to work with very positive attitudes.
I coordinated the Final Solder and Completion also the rework of circuit boards. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all assemblies and their sub-assemblies without a good tracking system, which I think they had finally gotten down right using an Excel spread sheet.
My greatest joy was meeting those due dates and rectifying all the issues along the way each day. – less
fun
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJune 3, 2013
its always great when you have a first job and I enjoyed working there
I enjoyed working at celestica.
assembly (Former Employee), kidsgroveMay 17, 2013
Cons: the salary could of been better.
I enjoyed working at celestica. I used to look forward to getting on with my work and seeing my friends that i worked with.
productive and fun workplce
Operator (Former Employee), Tampoi,Johor,MalaysiaMay 16, 2013
Pros: low salary
Cons: long hours to rest
1.Learn new things
2.Team work
3.Maintain an organized and clean work environment
Very Stressful
Technician Level 2 (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 15, 2013
Cons: everything
Go thru metal detector, Dress in smocks, heel straps and wrist straps before entering the work floor. I did not learn much more here than I already knew. I got along great with all co-workers.
Management lied to all of us.
All of the supervisors started leaving the company.
Then the CEO announced that he was going to just retire.
He said that every – more... thing was going Great with the company and that he would not just jump a sinking ship.
Several months later the Depot area closed down to relocate to Reynosa, Mexico. – less
Productive Workplace.
Flex Inspector (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 28, 2013
Fast paced work enviroment.
I have learned to be an independent employee.
Vicitim of Celestic
whatever they want u to be (Current Employee), Ontario, CaliforniaApril 20, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: too many to type
The management has no clue on what is really going on in the office as they spend their entire day in meetings 4 out of the 5 days a week.

The company has absolutely no structure and has no desire to change.

They do not care about the employees, they push and push and push you then try to break you down emotionally only to turn around and try build – more... you up just a bit just to beat you down again. – less
Easy job
Program Management Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 28, 2013
its a manufacturing shop, not sure what one can expect from it. I was in fairly junior level roles, but the work was pretty easy
Best Manufacturing Job I have ever Had
Line Material Coordinator, Operator 3 (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: competitive pay and in house cafeteria
Cons: plant closed
These people did it right.... I was taken in shortly after graduating high school. Had no experience in this field, but was trained on the job to be a successful addition to the Company. I learned so much about the industry of circuit board manufacturing. I am also a fast learner, so I was trained in almost every position on the floor except management – more... (by my choice). I also became friends with many of my co-workers, and enjoyed the time I spent at this company. We worked a lot, but the benefits they provided were worth it. – less
Great for students of Electronic Engineers
Engineer (Current Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: low pay for technicians
Very productive. Good work environment. Great to get some experience
my experience at celestica
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: learning new things
Cons: work get slow
celestica was the best warehouse i've ever worked at.i learned everything that has anything to do with warehouses,celestica made me the man i am today.great co-workers and supervisors
Busy everyday, crowed wharehouse.
Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Leads sometimes dont kno whats going on. Confused and hot inside.
co workers okay, some are friendly.
Products were Dell Laptops and Also some mobile phones and Virgin set top boxes
End of Line Auditor (Former Employee), Dell sectionJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: there were no pros
Cons: and no cons
I would go to work and have to put my white coat on and my static wrist straps and ankle straps as our bodies has static in which can cause problems with some electrical items. I learnt all about this I got on with all my colleagues too the point I won best employee competition on several occassions there was nothing hard in my job and it was a pleasure – more... and a joy to go to work everyday unfortunately the company went out of buiseness so me and my colleagues could not work there any more – less
Fun when on target but stressful on last week of the month
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: good hearted workers
Cons: no free lunches or means of appreciation to workers, expected to work long hours and/or weekends at short notice
It's a given, the higher one moves up the longer the hours one works per day. I've learned that everyone basically wants to do a good job but not everyone can handle changes quickly.
Very clean, organized work environment. Freindly and great work assignments.
Assembler (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 23, 2012
Pros: pool table, ping pong, and more games during break/lunch.
Cons: heavy lifting. lifting tools by hand.
A great place to build your experience. From assembling, to cable harness, and machine operating.
Productive Hard Workerr energetic easy to work with
Material Handler Lead (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: work well with others
Cons: there are none
I ran one the most produtive cells in the warehouse, i also moved from material handler to material handler lead. i went ffrom being a temp to a permanent position. I was never late for work and showed up on time everyday. I enjoyed my job and did it very well.

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more