Celestica Employee Reviews

Productive, easy workplace, great support staff
Board repair/ hotbar, new hire orientation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2013
great place to learn about electronic production, co workers with different ethic backgrounds added to the learning experience. Scheduled breaks and lunches with a diverse menu and access to popular food outlets.It was not a pressured work environment but you needed to be focused on your specialty of work. Great staff to work with all the way up to the Director of that particular division that took interest in your work and your peace of mind. Every one did a proffessional job and had constant group updates. I would work there again
Pros
clean working conditions
Cons
time limited contract work only, average pay, no benefits
good place to learn
Commodity Management (Former Employee) –  toronto27 February 2013
poor management team and negative working environment in some departments. able to develop lots of skills through workshops, training and input from other workers. some corporate bureaucracy
Excellent company to work with. Good management and staffs. Good salary and benefits.
Operations Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2013
Flexible schedules, enjoy working with the technician and management....very understanding and career focus. The job is very challenging but I love it. I worked there for almost five years..I enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
great company.
Cons
nothing
pervide a fun of work
Solar Panel soldering Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2013
co-workers are friendly
summer is hard busy work, winter is not busy
The work place was very clean.
Electronic Assembler / Operator (Former Employee) –  DonMill Toronto18 January 2013
I was a testing and encapsulating cardboard memory. Some soldered under microscope. The co-workers very nice to me and we were getting along well. The job was very easy, nothing was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got 4 days off.
Pros
always has free donut, big lunch room with a chef cooking for us.
Cons
12 hours a day for 3 days only.
Service
Senior Product Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2013
Production repairs and service
Onsite service
Factory production
Celestica
Electronic Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto12 January 2013
Although the pay is not the best, the work environment and core principles of the workplace are truly worth staying for. The managers stress adherence to strict work standards, and ensure that all matters of safety and cleanliness are maintained
Pros
consistent breaks, good work principles, consistent safety and health standards
Cons
low pay
A Great Place to Learn
Program Coordinator / Producton Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2013
Learned everything from the manufacturing process, information technology, lean, six sigma, warehousing, after-market services, supply chain, leadership, personnel safety and many others.

Management is very fair and by the book sometimes to much which negatively impacts some employees. Sometime being too fair comes at a cost to employees who consistently exceed expectations.

The hardest part of the job is finding new and efficient ways of doing this, but this is a challenge that we are constantly encouraged and motivated to accomplish, which brings many rewards from personal growth and satisfaction to sometimes financial rewards.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to continually grow and learn new things on the job and through furthering education at the company's expense.
Pros
yearly bonus, plenty of vacation time and very flexible
Cons
during slow periods, not much room for promotions
Good internship position
Corporate Process and Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2012
Steady work, friendly people. Good support and willingness to help
One of the best companies I ever worked for, enjoyed learning new techniques.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2012
Very well organized, Celestica ensures that employee is rewarded going that extra mile to implement innvovation like setting up suppliers on SMI (Supplier Managed inventory) , Kanban and optimizing inventory by using SMI to ensure 2 week stock is always available.

Management is excellent and innovative, conduct regular weekly meetings to discuss issues.
Pros
learnt new ideas techniques like setting up and calculating optimised stock for smi, inventory mitigation, flexitime, very accomodative and understanding colleagues; good salary.
Cons
i worked in a contract position.
Productive, a good employer, teamwork, good environment, etc.
Manufacturing electronic operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 November 2012
Good working environment, learned a lot of skills, teamwork, good management, not stressfull
Pros
break every 2 hours
Cons
n/a
Learned the winning procedures and processes.
INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2012
Good place to work. Friendly and helpful team environment. Many possibilities of learning and enhancing skills.
a perfect balance for work and personal life
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 November 2012
this company gave me the perfect balance with work and family
Pros
3-4 days work week
Cons
long commute to work
Manufacturing
Electronic Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2012
• Programmed and set up electronic placers and testers to build and check electronic boards for IBM, Juniper, Cisco and Nortel
I am in a career transition and am exploring opportunities that will take full advantage of my 3rd Party Supply Chain experience.
Global Director, Managed Services Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2012
Grew forward and reverse after-market services revenue with strategic customers and targeted prospects. Focus on fast growth, leveraging partner’s global network infrastructures.
Working in in a highly organized environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2012
My work in Celestica has included:
• Setting of Solder Paste Screen Printer
• Providing In-Circuit test and functional test during manufacturing operation
• Repairing and Soldering printed Circuit Boards
• Inspecting operations
• Using a computing platform (Data Acquisition Control System) and Manufacturing Process Instructions
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2012
I performed functional tests and PCB repair down to electronic parts. I had nice co-workers. We worked hard to meet customer requirements.
Excellent Company if you are looking for good work/life balance. Flexi work hours. You are master of your area of work
Operations / Quality Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
Excellent organization and great work culture; team oriented work and great collaboration environment
Loved my job here
na
PRODUCTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2012
Celestica – Production Officer – Toronto, Ontario
January 2003 – December 2005
• Team lead responsible for checking the quality control and inspection of electronic products (i.e. Telecommunication assembly products) using computer software as well as staff supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celestica. Our community is ready to answer.