Celestica Employee Reviews

A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2013
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
Pros
free lunches
good learning about canadian industries culture
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2013
Being my first job in Canada, good experience to learn about Canadian culture, worked hard to prove myseld and got appreciation from higher managemnet, promoted to better position.
Great Company
Global Commodity Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2013
Great company with strong management that allows your to think outside the box.
Pros
A lot of training.
Cons
A little far from where I live but worth the commute.
Fast Paced, Productive team oriented environment
Commodity Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2013
Worked flexible hours coordinating negotiation cycle, working with management, suppliers and customers. Learned a lot about the professional environment and working in a fast paced environment. Managers were very helpful and constructive assisted a lot in my development. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, enjoyed working along side them and working as a team to accomplish goals set out by management.
Pros
Co workers and Management
Cons
Commute
IT Life
Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2013
Daily Team Meeting for current project progress review and perspective jobs to work on. Prepare and plan daily jobs. Communicate with business persons for collecting information and requirements. Design Database structures. Code, Test and on production loading and reporting.
Communicate with Co-workers who work on same project.
Hardest part of job is performance tuning. The explain plan is never the best one even hint added. Communicated with DBAs and changed the some parameters of Database to resolve this issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was projects completed and won the prize with co-workers. I won prize twice. One is for Aggregated Data Mart and one is for Database Migration.
Fear of Layoffs
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  toronto15 August 2013
The period I worked here there was a constant fear of layoffs. The employees were paralyzed with fear, and completely demoralized.

Pay is decent, and match industry standards.
Pros
Not really.
Cons
demoralized collegues
N/A
Customer Focused Team Lead Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON31 July 2013
Working on the line 24/7 shift environment.
Learned how to operate ABB Robots and TT Tabber Stringer equipment.
Coworkers are multicultural tending to majority coming from middle east .
Long hours and noisy environment ~ 80 decibels noise level.
The benefits are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Stressful environment.
Excellent
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2013
Worked as a certified X-Ray and PLR Operator for Juniper
• Inspected the final products using X-Ray, VM, MVP and RTI machines and used computer applications like 5DX-PLR for finding possible defects on the boards
Celestica..Time
MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
Celestica was the first company where I started working after Migrating. Great place to work with. Almost every one who worked there were Qualified People. Most of them were new Immigrants too.
Every one respect each other. very clean environment.
Had opportunity in leaning Canadian system. Handling new culture.
Learn about canadian work enviroment.
Electrical Assembler & Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2013
My first job in canada. I enjoyed very much to work with the different people and different environment.
Operating different kind of machine like Automatic and Semiautomatic.
Nice place to work
Special Repair/Rework Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 May 2013
I enjoyed my time at Celestica. I worked in a small department with just a few people. We got along really well.
quality oriented organization with good employes
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2013
i was working with day shift and i learned about quality control, quality assurance, packing, shipping, testing, soldering and was using some of new electromechanical tools and machinery
My team leader and supervisor are very cooperative and always nice to all employers they instruct well before start any new job
they instruct well that there is no mistake during the production procedure and until shipping
the environment was good specially working with other co workers.
Visual inspection computer mother boards
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On11 April 2013
It was good to work at Celestica Corp. Because I was a temperarily employee. I worked under a contract. When a contract is done, business was slow. It was no new contract to sign.
Pros
technician
Cons
good hour
Productive, easy workplace, great support staff
Board repair/ hotbar, new hire orientation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2013
great place to learn about electronic production, co workers with different ethic backgrounds added to the learning experience. Scheduled breaks and lunches with a diverse menu and access to popular food outlets.It was not a pressured work environment but you needed to be focused on your specialty of work. Great staff to work with all the way up to the Director of that particular division that took interest in your work and your peace of mind. Every one did a proffessional job and had constant group updates. I would work there again
Pros
clean working conditions
Cons
time limited contract work only, average pay, no benefits
good place to learn
Commodity Management (Former Employee) –  toronto27 February 2013
poor management team and negative working environment in some departments. able to develop lots of skills through workshops, training and input from other workers. some corporate bureaucracy
Excellent company to work with. Good management and staffs. Good salary and benefits.
Operations Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2013
Flexible schedules, enjoy working with the technician and management....very understanding and career focus. The job is very challenging but I love it. I worked there for almost five years..I enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
great company.
Cons
nothing
pervide a fun of work
Solar Panel soldering Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2013
co-workers are friendly
summer is hard busy work, winter is not busy
The work place was very clean.
Electronic Assembler / Operator (Former Employee) –  DonMill Toronto18 January 2013
I was a testing and encapsulating cardboard memory. Some soldered under microscope. The co-workers very nice to me and we were getting along well. The job was very easy, nothing was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got 4 days off.
Pros
always has free donut, big lunch room with a chef cooking for us.
Cons
12 hours a day for 3 days only.
Service
Senior Product Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2013
Production repairs and service
Onsite service
Factory production
Celestica
Electronic Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto12 January 2013
Although the pay is not the best, the work environment and core principles of the workplace are truly worth staying for. The managers stress adherence to strict work standards, and ensure that all matters of safety and cleanliness are maintained
Pros
consistent breaks, good work principles, consistent safety and health standards
Cons
low pay