Celestica

Celestica Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great for a first job
Testing Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 12, 2014
Relaxed job enviorment, first few days are hard. Once geting use to the work, its all great.
Good place to work,
Quality Tech Support I (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 10, 2014
Great place to work schedule works good if you have kids.
Medical benefits are great
prodctive
Material handler (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJune 9, 2014
Pros: picking, fort lift
Cons: finding parts
picking, data entry, stocking and fort lifting.
I learned how to train with the supervisor, the hardest part about my job was finding parts, and the most enjoyable part about my job was picking.
stressful
Lens demolition (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 6, 2014
I worked temporarily in 2012 for a period of four months. The people there are friendly but I never felt that temporary workers could obtain full time employment. These temporary jobs are at a very low level in terms of skill required
Leaning skill does need a process
Electrical/ Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNApril 27, 2014
Pros: company focus on how to profit than customer satification
Cons: great place for social life
Develops electronic assemble and functional test skills. Leaned how to process production inspection and rework.
Fun Work Environment
Expeditor, Customer Service (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 17, 2014
Good work place with friendly people. People were willing to help you out if you were new at the job. Schedules were flexible and management was willing to work with your schedule.
Good place to work friendly people
On-Site Electronics Technician /Inspector (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: some seasonal outings and lunches
Cons: i was hired as a temp and could only work for 2 yrs.
Everyone is very easy to work with. My manager was very understanding and treated very well if not better than any other company I have worked for. It can be tough working as a temp when you see how well regular employees are taken care of.
Night Shift
Material Handler (Warehouse Operator) (Former Employee), GalwayFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: stress free job
Cons: working nights & weekends
Material Handler (Warehouse Operator)
Cycle Counts
Liaise with the Production Supervisor
Check Lines for stock and then stock
Strap and wrap Shipping Products
Label Product
Ship Product on line via Bann and Sap
Check off received stock and up load computerised stock system
Good company to work with growing opportunities and looking to diversification to be less sucseptible for economic impacts.
Global Business Office Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, overall profesional development
Cons: long working hours available 24hrs, 7 days of the week.
Working with off-shore locations in Europe and Malaysia. Good co-workers that allows sharing of experience and coaching. Company enables to grow on different fields:manufacturing, engineering, business development.
Long hours working with opposite working hours sites at the same time.
Able to work with emerging sites that needs coaching and leadership.
Fast Pace Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: every friday free donuts.
Celestica is a great company if chose to work full-time otherwise it makes it very competitive for the part time employee.
Great local management
Human Resources Business Manager (Former Employee), USDecember 3, 2013
Corporate leadership too involved in day to day operations. Very little autonomy.
One of the best company to work- people are friendly, a relaxing environment to work & they offer good benefits for their employees.
NPI Planner (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 7, 2013
Celestica is one of the best company that ever worked at. Everyone that I know here are so friendly which makes my daily job a lot easier. You are encourage to come to work everyday knowing that the workplace you're going to is like your second home, like your second family. Also, Celestica offers one of the best benefits a company can offer.
Working temperary employees
Digital Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: good co workers
Cons: management
They would take advantage of the temperary employees just to keep the cost of operations down. Your days were numbered because they were always looking to cut costs.
Productive and lot to learn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), FreemontSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: easy time off
Cons: short breaks
We learn every day something new about electronic industry or markets related to this field.
IT Life
Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
Daily Team Meeting for current project progress review and perspective jobs to work on. Prepare and plan daily jobs. Communicate with business persons for collecting information and requirements. Design Database structures. Code, Test and on production loading and reporting.
Communicate with Co-workers who work on same project.
Hardest part of job is – more... performance tuning. The explain plan is never the best one even hint added. Communicated with DBAs and changed the some parameters of Database to resolve this issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was projects completed and won the prize with co-workers. I won prize twice. One is for Aggregated Data Mart and one is for Database Migration. – less
Had a blast
Production Worker (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: hrs
Cons: health care
I worked with all types of people hand made a great name for myself fixing phones and getting them shiped out on time
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 22, 2013
Fast paste work place. learned a lot about technology. also very easy job
Productive and fast work place enviornment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: work is always a learning opportunity for me.
Cons: i am not usually a complainer, but i will always state the facts of the matter.
I always arrive at least 30 minutes before i am to began work, like to relax a few minutes before punching the clock. Once i arrive at my station, I will began work immediately recieving finish products from the assembly, testing them according to the blue print,etc., rejecting only the defective products either repairing them myself or returning them – more... to the assembly line for more extensive repairs. Always check with my supervisor several times during the day especially when I encourter problems or to troubleshoot an issue.

I work well with other as a team member to get the job done well and the products out to shipping on time, the hardest part of the job. When I have finish the work day knowing that the job was done right
and i did all that i could to help the company remain in business,
this is the most enjoyable part of the the work and job.

i work hard, learn well, acquire more skills for the job, this prepares me and makes me good at what i do. – less
A great place with great team efforts
Assembler (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 24, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, managements are professionally helpful, paid is decent, location was good, work was enjoyable and easy to process
Cons: so sad the facility got close otherwise i would had stay there long term
I work at this facility with my brother in the 2nd shift. Co-workers were helpful, jobs were great. I was doing mechanical assembly work and was having a blast with it. Management was good and helpful, everyone were very friendly. Breaks are great and the many hours spent working there all worth it. Paid was decent but we felt its fair. The sad part – more... about working there is when the facility is closing its door, sad indeed. – less
Management has no clue
Slave (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Management has no clue on what is going on. They stay in meetings all day and nothing gets accomplished then they wonder why they are not making money. They talk down to employees and do not provide a fair workplace. IF you get a raise it is not even worth it because insurance cost and cost of living goes up WAY MORE then the little (if any) raise you – more... get. Change the MANAGEMENT there and then MAYBE it would be a ok workplace. They provide promises that they cannot keep and when they change a process people just follow it for about a week and then they just go back to doing it the way they want because they don't care and management doesn't enforce because they loose interest and also don't care. – less

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more