Celestica

Celestica Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good and Safe workplace
Hand/Repair Soldering (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2012
Everyday is an exciting day for me because i really love what i'm doing.The management give us the tools we needed and safe workplace, educate us about safety.Co-workers are all friendly.
Ever want to work
Mechanical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioApril 12, 2012
Pros: professional work
Cons: less pay
Very clean environmental
Fun place to work
Friendly Co workers
Respectful to employees
Good Management
learned new accounting software, friendly environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2012
It was a fun environment but under pressure the same time to work, fast pace environment
Work to survive
SMT Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2012
Not so friendly management staff..ok to survive,but not for long time.
Great experience working with them always learned something new.
Engineer Support(cookbook developer) (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 17, 2014
This company was a very intense job but interesting at the same time. Management there is very inspiring always trying to motivate you to do better and advancing in life. I learned most of the things i know today in the electronic field thanks to the company. The best part about working there was that everyday was different and always ended up learning – more... new things. – less
Good technical training and exposure
TECHNICAL PROJECT LEADER (Current Employee), Laem Chabang, Sriracha, Chonburi, ThailandOctober 29, 2014
Pros: able to have hometrips / vacation for 2 weeks maximum
Cons: 24/7 production support
Company provides an opportunity to learn a lot of technical things. But you need to learn it on your own. And the company provided huge trust in me.
Poor Management, too crowded
Administrator (Former Employee), Fremont, CaliforniaOctober 29, 2014
Cons: way too many, no color printers or copiers management believes staff will over use and will not purchase these.
I worked there for a short period of time. Management at one site did not talk to another site and allowed for a ton of gossip amongst the multiple sites. It was like high school.
One site was so crowded that they had 3 people working per cubicle and having meetings in the cubicles, due to having no meeting rooms available because they being used as – more... offices with multiple people in them.

Overall a horrible, unsafe, company will not spend the money needed for a safe working environment. – less
Good Management, Fun and nice culture working with
Customer Program Management Analyst (Former Employee), Chonburi, ThailandOctober 6, 2014
Good work place environment, good benefit and challenge abilities of working.
Company withdraw from US
Process Technician (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNSeptember 29, 2014
Was a great place to work, but corporate decided to close the majority of US sites.
A contract manufacturing company with an emphasis on semiconductor equipment
Technician / Engineer (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: sometimes flexible work schedule and good meals at holidays
Cons: last minute customer changes with not enough material on-hand to complete the request.
The company (Portland facility) is predominantly a contract manufacturer for the semiconductor industry. The equipment is created by mechanical assembly to create complex, electro-mechanical equipment.

So cables need to be routed through frames and panels installed using machine screws. Then assembled equipment gets functionally tested.

This position – more... and facility have allowed me to further my mechanical assembly skills, knowledge of the functionality of the equipment, troubleshoot electrical panels, troubleshoot the electrical communication of the equipment and work with placement robots.

Some facility perks are they have a pool table and ping pong table in the cafeteria. They provide good food during the fall/winter holidays and have a summer picnic at a nearby park as well. Work-wise they seem to handle the sometimes chaotic semiconductor industry with grace. – less
poorly managed
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Ballybrit, GSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the employees are great people to work with
Cons: lack of motivation
no proper direction.no opportunities for progression, undervalued.co workers great to work with.
Great managers, good work enviroment
Information Technology Technician/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: laidoff
To bad company down sized. I enjoyed learning new things and working close with supervisors and management.
Celestica
Stockroom, Material Handler, Etc (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Celestica is an awesome place to work at. I would refer anyone to Celestica to work at
Basic work testing dtv units
Quality Auditor Assistant/ Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2014
For the young and old, but not if you want a career. You clock in and test units until your break, lunch, and 2nd break. That's pretty much it, you can move to a different department if your numbers are high. But there really isn't much reward for high numbers. The faster you are the more it's expected of you. The managers are nice and the environment – more... can be very fun. Alot of potlucks and occasional employee appreciation. If you need a steady paycheck, doing easy work. It's the perfect job. If your seeking a career, you will be disappointed eventually. – less
Very good place to work
Rework/Repair Operator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2014
Worked on and repaired circuit boards
Learned a lot
Enjoyed the people and the staff
Nice place to be.
Inspector (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Enjoyed the job as inspector. Good management.
One of the best experience
Material Inventory Control Administrator (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJuly 16, 2014
Perform inventory control. I learned how to make improvements in process to get a better result. The management was very smart and nice. My co- workers like a family. The hardest part of my job was the end of the month. Sometime I had to work 19 hours in the same day. What I like most was all the flexibility, enviroment, etc.
team work
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee), san joseJuly 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
the company is small but they are friendly to work all people to work hard and focus on job
great place to work
Quality Administrator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 9, 2014
learned QMX and Document Control
cworkers were great
company was great
hated that company moved to over seas
Enjoyable work place.
Process Coordinator (Former Employee), Galway, GJune 18, 2014
Pros: sunsidised lunches. compressed shift work.
Cons: none.
I enjoyed my time at Celestica. I was happy to travel to both Switzerland and Singapore to train others. I made good friends there and enjoyed the shift work.

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more