Celestica Employee Reviews

A very high technology Six Sigma EMS organization
Operations Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2014
Excellent learning organization where I learnt root cause analysis using lean six sigma principles.
Pros
Learnt Six Sigma implementation
Productive and Dynamic Work Environment
Mechanical Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2014
Constantly changing environment with lots of different projects that can come across your desk. There are lulls in work at times but you are kept quite busy.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
There have been cut backs recently
The good environment to work
Production assistant (Co-op) (535hrs) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2014
The good environment to work,staffs and senior staffs are friendly.
Very Busy Enviroment
Product Tester/Packager (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, Ont18 August 2014
Great Summer job. Learned a lot about computers and their operating systems.
Productive and fun work place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2014
Typical day at work was to perform solar laminator verification and provide gel samples to lab for certification. Learned a lot about time management skills. co- workers were always friendly and ready to assist. Most enjoyable part of the job was product testing for potential new customers
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Interns are not provided with a full-time job after the completion of internship term
Hand Soldering - Surface Mount, Through-Hole, Wires & Terminals
Electro-mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2014
I really enjoyed this team work. Everyday have to pay attention to focus soldering every points and make sure every points is completely done. I feel I did arts job every day also very comfortable. Through the work i learned one thing that is critical, is the fact that each solder/braze materiel must have the correct flux to work properly. soft solders have at least 3 varietiesof flux :acid gel, acid fluid, and non-corrosive flux which may have rosin as a base.As a rule the gel flux esarefor tougher situations like jewelry and crafts and are easier to work with. A fluid flux is better on level surface, but work no better than gel.... A rosin flux is a poor flux, but is widely seen as the ticket for electronics due to lack of corrosion.... anyway have to keep the iron tip clean. Clean tips transmit heat best and save time and money.
Pros
have medical benefit.....
Cons
always have overtime work. very like it.
Grouth and diversity
BUSINESS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 April 2014
Collaborate with various business groups, negotiate budgets, influence business leaders towards change
Amazing environment to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  north york25 April 2014
Gained so much learning and insight from just working at Celestica, they keep on teaching you through assessments and treated as team. Very good company from top to bottom
Pros
They keep you educated through tests and assessment
Cons
Supervisor push you a lot, but what workplace doesn't.
The job was great but i need something where i can progress
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2014
good job. looking for something that pays more with benefit
Functional Test Analyst
Functional Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2014
Functional Test Analyst:
• Perform functional test flows of Junipers' routing equipment
• Analyze and debug failure equipment
• Identify and Troubleshoot test flow process
• Use Unix scripts and Open Access environment; use DMM, scopes and other measurement equipment
• Work with groups of Engineer Technicians
• Go-to person for resolving mechanical and electronic issues of Junipers' equipment
• Mechanical assembly of repaired equipment if required
• Ensure customers' products conform to standards and specification
Pros
Good for North America experience
Cons
minimum wage - no benefits, temporary position
Celestica is a fun and safe place to work, specially for women, but low wages and no permanent job. All contracts thru. Adecco Employment Agency
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Repair Team5 March 2014
Celestica provided a comfortable place for employees to work in. We had a nice cafeteria and for every 2 hours of work, 15 minutes break that you could have a coffee or snack, etc.
Celestica is a safe place specially for women. It has a very clean and friendly environment. At Celestica, you don't really feel that somebody is on your shoulder. As long as you do your job, nobody would bother you. At Celestica, you could always get help from your team leader in case of any difficulty doing your job.
Challenging business with minimal supervision
Manager, Global Risk and Insurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2014
Implemented a new insurance and claims system. Very new to them.
People were nice but overworked
Pros
salary & benefits
Cons
very long hours
Its a productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2014
We each have our own stations on the line. Each shift has a work quota to be met at the end of the shift. Its very challenging at times to hit the quota but the goals are attainable. During my time working there I have learned a lot in regards to machinery and the product we manufacture. Working with a team is best we help each other out and share knowledge how to do things simple and in less time.
Pros
Free pizza lunches and overtime
Cons
no benefits and contract.
Productive, fast paced, and lots of team work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2014
The day at celestica will begin with a team meeting, and then each individual will go back to their assigned task (manufacturing line) and continue their unfinished work, or take on a new inverter to assemble the mechanical components.

The work environment and the coworkers are very friendly and helpful, however it is a very fast paced workplace. The workers are required to meet their quota for the assembly and testing.

During my work in Celestica, I have learnt great team management and time management skills. I have to time myself, and decide upon which task can be done in a given period, and also prioritize with respect to the delivery request. This job also requires the worker to be in constant communication with the manufacturing line lead and the supervisor, feeding them with constant progress report regarding the status off the assembly of the inverter.

The hardest part of the job that I encountered is during my training. I had to go through a steep learning curve, and learn about a lot of materials and assembly instructions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work, I enjoyed working with my coworkers they were encouraging and helpful, and I always get the sense of accomplishment upon finishing my task on time, and also the recognition I have got due to my work from my supervisor and my seniors.
Pros
Team work, time management, weekly awards (lunch discounts)
Cons
fast paced, steep learning curve
overall a good place to work
Electronic Printed circuit board Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2014
Good place to see robotics in action. Hands free operation of electrical component assembly lines.
Pros
Nice clean place to work
Cons
Very far for me to drive
n/a
Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2014
Engineering centric company
Good company
difficult to move up if not an engineer
It was fun working for Celestica, helped me to do my masters and nice working condition.
Production Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2014
One day a process was not followed because someone was over confident and did not read the instruction which delayed the delivery. So I learned that we must read the instruction before starting.
The management and coworkers were all okay.
Very diverse place to work
Customer Liaison/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON.28 January 2014
I forged good relationship with a lot of my coworkers. Very Canadian, very professional place to work.
Pros
Diverse work force
Cons
Got laid off
A terrific fast working environment to work in.
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2014
A typical day:
- Glass Panels are checked for defects before loading on to conveyor system
- Appropriate Solar Cells with correct efficiency are loaded into stringer machine
- Flux levels are checked and are refilled when needed
- Stringer Ribbon are replaced when exhausted
- Troubleshoot stringer machine if there is a sudden stoppage in machine
A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2013
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
Pros
free lunches