Celestica Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing environment to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  north yorkApril 25, 2014
Gained so much learning and insight from just working at Celestica, they keep on teaching you through assessments and treated as team. Very good company from top to bottom
Pros
they keep you educated through tests and assessment
Cons
supervisor push you a lot, but what workplace doesn't.
The job was great but i need something where i can progress
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
good job. looking for something that pays more with benefit
Functional Test Analyst
Functional Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2014
Functional Test Analyst:
• Perform functional test flows of Junipers' routing equipment
• Analyze and debug failure equipment
• Identify and Troubleshoot test flow process
• Use Unix scripts and Open Access environment; use DMM, scopes and other measurement equipment
• Work with groups of Engineer Technicians
• Go-to person for resolving mechanical and electronic issues of Junipers' equipment
• Mechanical assembly of repaired equipment if required
• Ensure customers' products conform to standards and specification
Pros
good for north america experience
Cons
minimum wage - no benefits, temporary position
Celestica is a fun and safe place to work, specially for women, but low wages and no permanent job. All contracts thru. Adecco Employment Agency
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Repair TeamMarch 5, 2014
Celestica provided a comfortable place for employees to work in. We had a nice cafeteria and for every 2 hours of work, 15 minutes break that you could have a coffee or snack, etc.
Celestica is a safe place specially for women. It has a very clean and friendly environment. At Celestica, you don't really feel that somebody is on your shoulder. As long as you do your job, nobody would bother you. At Celestica, you could always get help from your team leader in case of any difficulty doing your job.
Challenging business with minimal supervision
Manager, Global Risk and Insurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Implemented a new insurance and claims system. Very new to them.
People were nice but overworked
Pros
salary & benefits
Cons
very long hours
Its a productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
We each have our own stations on the line. Each shift has a work quota to be met at the end of the shift. Its very challenging at times to hit the quota but the goals are attainable. During my time working there I have learned a lot in regards to machinery and the product we manufacture. Working with a team is best we help each other out and share knowledge how to do things simple and in less time.
Pros
free pizza lunches and overtime
Cons
no benefits and contract.
Productive, fast paced, and lots of team work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
The day at celestica will begin with a team meeting, and then each individual will go back to their assigned task (manufacturing line) and continue their unfinished work, or take on a new inverter to assemble the mechanical components.

The work environment and the coworkers are very friendly and helpful, however it is a very fast paced workplace. The workers are required to meet their quota for the assembly and testing.

During my work in Celestica, I have learnt great team management and time management skills. I have to time myself, and decide upon which task can be done in a given period, and also prioritize with respect to the delivery request. This job also requires the worker to be in constant communication with the manufacturing line lead and the supervisor, feeding them with constant progress report regarding the status off the assembly of the inverter.

The hardest part of the job that I encountered is during my training. I had to go through a steep learning curve, and learn about a lot of materials and assembly instructions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work, I enjoyed working with my coworkers they were encouraging and helpful, and I always get the sense of accomplishment upon finishing my task on time, and also the recognition I have got due to my work from my supervisor and my seniors.
Pros
team work, time management, weekly awards (lunch discounts)
Cons
fast paced, steep learning curve
overall a good place to work
Electronic Printed circuit board Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Good place to see robotics in action. Hands free operation of electrical component assembly lines.
Pros
nice clean place to work
Cons
very far for me to drive
n/a
Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Engineering centric company
Good company
difficult to move up if not an engineer
It was fun working for Celestica, helped me to do my masters and nice working condition.
Production Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2014
One day a process was not followed because someone was over confident and did not read the instruction which delayed the delivery. So I learned that we must read the instruction before starting.
The management and coworkers were all okay.
Very diverse place to work
Customer Liaison/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON.January 28, 2014
I forged good relationship with a lot of my coworkers. Very Canadian, very professional place to work.
Pros
diverse work force
Cons
got laid off
A terrific fast working environment to work in.
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day:
- Glass Panels are checked for defects before loading on to conveyor system
- Appropriate Solar Cells with correct efficiency are loaded into stringer machine
- Flux levels are checked and are refilled when needed
- Stringer Ribbon are replaced when exhausted
- Troubleshoot stringer machine if there is a sudden stoppage in machine
A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
Pros
free lunches
good learning about canadian industries culture
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2013
Being my first job in Canada, good experience to learn about Canadian culture, worked hard to prove myseld and got appreciation from higher managemnet, promoted to better position.
Great Company
Global Commodity Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2013
Great company with strong management that allows your to think outside the box.
Pros
a lot of training.
Cons
a little far from where i live but worth the commute.
Fast Paced, Productive team oriented environment
Commodity Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2013
Worked flexible hours coordinating negotiation cycle, working with management, suppliers and customers. Learned a lot about the professional environment and working in a fast paced environment. Managers were very helpful and constructive assisted a lot in my development. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, enjoyed working along side them and working as a team to accomplish goals set out by management.
Pros
co workers and management
Cons
commute
IT Life
Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
Daily Team Meeting for current project progress review and perspective jobs to work on. Prepare and plan daily jobs. Communicate with business persons for collecting information and requirements. Design Database structures. Code, Test and on production loading and reporting.
Communicate with Co-workers who work on same project.
Hardest part of job is performance tuning. The explain plan is never the best one even hint added. Communicated with DBAs and changed the some parameters of Database to resolve this issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was projects completed and won the prize with co-workers. I won prize twice. One is for Aggregated Data Mart and one is for Database Migration.
Fear of Layoffs
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  torontoAugust 15, 2013
The period I worked here there was a constant fear of layoffs. The employees were paralyzed with fear, and completely demoralized.

Pay is decent, and match industry standards.
Pros
not really.
Cons
demoralized collegues
N/A
Customer Focused Team Lead Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 31, 2013
Working on the line 24/7 shift environment.
Learned how to operate ABB Robots and TT Tabber Stringer equipment.
Coworkers are multicultural tending to majority coming from middle east .
Long hours and noisy environment ~ 80 decibels noise level.
The benefits are the most enjoyable part of the job.
benefits
Cons
long hours, stressful environment.
Excellent
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2013
Worked as a certified X-Ray and PLR Operator for Juniper
• Inspected the final products using X-Ray, VM, MVP and RTI machines and used computer applications like 5DX-PLR for finding possible defects on the boards