Celestica

Celestica Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The work place was very clean.
Electronic Assembler / Operator (Former Employee), DonMill TorontoJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: always has free donut, big lunch room with a chef cooking for us.
Cons: 12 hours a day for 3 days only.
I was a testing and encapsulating cardboard memory. Some soldered under microscope. The co-workers very nice to me and we were getting along well. The job was very easy, nothing was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got 4 days off.
Service
Senior Product Data Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2013
Production repairs and service
Onsite service
Factory production
Celestica
Electronic Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: consistent breaks, good work principles, consistent safety and health standards
Cons: low pay
Although the pay is not the best, the work environment and core principles of the workplace are truly worth staying for. The managers stress adherence to strict work standards, and ensure that all matters of safety and cleanliness are maintained
A Great Place to Learn
Program Coordinator / Producton Cell Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus, plenty of vacation time and very flexible
Cons: during slow periods, not much room for promotions
Learned everything from the manufacturing process, information technology, lean, six sigma, warehousing, after-market services, supply chain, leadership, personnel safety and many others.

Management is very fair and by the book sometimes to much which negatively impacts some employees. Sometime being too fair comes at a cost to employees who consistently – more... exceed expectations.

The hardest part of the job is finding new and efficient ways of doing this, but this is a challenge that we are constantly encouraged and motivated to accomplish, which brings many rewards from personal growth and satisfaction to sometimes financial rewards.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to continually grow and learn new things on the job and through furthering education at the company's expense. – less
Good internship position
Corporate Process and Applications Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2012
Steady work, friendly people. Good support and willingness to help
One of the best companies I ever worked for, enjoyed learning new techniques.
Buyer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: learnt new ideas techniques like setting up and calculating optimised stock for smi, inventory mitigation, flexitime, very accomodative and understanding colleagues; good salary.
Cons: i worked in a contract position.
Very well organized, Celestica ensures that employee is rewarded going that extra mile to implement innvovation like setting up suppliers on SMI (Supplier Managed inventory) , Kanban and optimizing inventory by using SMI to ensure 2 week stock is always available.

Management is excellent and innovative, conduct regular weekly meetings to discuss issues.
Productive, a good employer, teamwork, good environment, etc.
Manufacturing electronic operator (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 24, 2012
Pros: break every 2 hours
Cons: n/a
Good working environment, learned a lot of skills, teamwork, good management, not stressfull
Learned the winning procedures and processes.
INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2012
Good place to work. Friendly and helpful team environment. Many possibilities of learning and enhancing skills.
a perfect balance for work and personal life
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 15, 2012
Pros: 3-4 days work week
Cons: long commute to work
this company gave me the perfect balance with work and family
Manufacturing
Electronic Test Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2012
• Programmed and set up electronic placers and testers to build and check electronic boards for IBM, Juniper, Cisco and Nortel
I am in a career transition and am exploring opportunities that will take full advantage of my 3rd Party Supply Chain experience.
Global Director, Managed Services Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2012
Grew forward and reverse after-market services revenue with strategic customers and targeted prospects. Focus on fast growth, leveraging partner’s global network infrastructures.
Working in in a highly organized environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2012
My work in Celestica has included:
• Setting of Solder Paste Screen Printer
• Providing In-Circuit test and functional test during manufacturing operation
• Repairing and Soldering printed Circuit Boards
• Inspecting operations
• Using a computing platform (Data Acquisition Control System) and Manufacturing Process Instructions
Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2012
I performed functional tests and PCB repair down to electronic parts. I had nice co-workers. We worked hard to meet customer requirements.
Excellent Company if you are looking for good work/life balance. Flexi work hours. You are master of your area of work
Operations / Quality Engineering Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2012
Excellent organization and great work culture; team oriented work and great collaboration environment
Loved my job here
na
PRODUCTION OFFICER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Celestica – Production Officer – Toronto, Ontario
January 2003 – December 2005
• Team lead responsible for checking the quality control and inspection of electronic products (i.e. Telecommunication assembly products) using computer software as well as staff supervision.
Working in a multicultural environment was always fun.
PRODUCTION TECHNICAL OPERATOR (SMT) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
I enjoyed working in Celestica Inc. It gave me an scope to expose myself to a multicultural environment and improved my interaction and communication skill. I consider myself fortunate to have a very friendly team of workers. We enjoyed problem solving as a team.
No job security
Forklifr Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2012
No job security, as it was through an agency and could of been out of work without any warnings.
Wonderful opportunity
RMA Program Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: a wealth of learning. great team atmosphere.
Cons: tended to use and abuse those at junior levels, but it was a life's lesson if you were smart.
I learned so much working at Celestica. I was able to use this education in business, manufacturing and program management in every other position I ever held,
It gave me the confidence to trust my instincts and to not be afraid to think outside of the box.
Hands down the best early working experience I could have ever had.
Stressful, noisy and unfriendly Environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2012
Cons: very long hours
A typical day at work was stressful, noisy and the staff was unfriendly.
I have learnt that it was an unhealthy, toxic and stressfull atmosphere, because of the chemical use on the computer boards.
Management did not care about staff,all the care about is making lots of money.
My co-workers was always tired and seemed stressout.
The hardest part of – more... the job was working 12hours a day.
There was no enyoyable part of the job. – less

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more