Celestica Employee Reviews

IT Life
Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2013
Daily Team Meeting for current project progress review and perspective jobs to work on. Prepare and plan daily jobs. Communicate with business persons for collecting information and requirements. Design Database structures. Code, Test and on production loading and reporting.
Communicate with Co-workers who work on same project.
Hardest part of job is performance tuning. The explain plan is never the best one even hint added. Communicated with DBAs and changed the some parameters of Database to resolve this issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was projects completed and won the prize with co-workers. I won prize twice. One is for Aggregated Data Mart and one is for Database Migration.
Fast-paced and motivational engineering environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2015
Developed and improved programming skills in Labview, C/C#, XML and VBA

Applied skills in hardware electrical engineering including designing wiring tables and schematics, soldering and wiring.

Familiar with engineering system development process.

Successfully taking control a project with budget over $200,000, responsible for end-to-end project development, demonstrated excellent project development skills.

Enjoyed working in a team environment while cooperating with 2 software experts.
Productive and fun work place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2014
Typical day at work was to perform solar laminator verification and provide gel samples to lab for certification. Learned a lot about time management skills. co- workers were always friendly and ready to assist. Most enjoyable part of the job was product testing for potential new customers
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Interns are not provided with a full-time job after the completion of internship term
Celestica is a fun and safe place to work, specially for women, but low wages and no permanent job. All contracts thru. Adecco Employment Agency
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Repair Team5 March 2014
Celestica provided a comfortable place for employees to work in. We had a nice cafeteria and for every 2 hours of work, 15 minutes break that you could have a coffee or snack, etc.
Celestica is a safe place specially for women. It has a very clean and friendly environment. At Celestica, you don't really feel that somebody is on your shoulder. As long as you do your job, nobody would bother you. At Celestica, you could always get help from your team leader in case of any difficulty doing your job.
wonderful
Celestica (Former Employee) –  Northyork9 September 2015
Working at this company had rellly help me grow as a person.
They have great people and they treat everyone with the same respect.
Its a very good workplace to work at .
Very safe
Pros
great people
Cons
no cons
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2015
provide customer service such as giving limited instruction on how data from record and calculate insurance premiums or award code data from records and organize and work with details office or warehouse records , Using computer to enter , access , retrieve data
quality oriented organization with good employes
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2013
i was working with day shift and i learned about quality control, quality assurance, packing, shipping, testing, soldering and was using some of new electromechanical tools and machinery
My team leader and supervisor are very cooperative and always nice to all employers they instruct well before start any new job
they instruct well that there is no mistake during the production procedure and until shipping
the environment was good specially working with other co workers.
It was fun working for Celestica, helped me to do my masters and nice working condition.
Production Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2014
One day a process was not followed because someone was over confident and did not read the instruction which delayed the delivery. So I learned that we must read the instruction before starting.
The management and coworkers were all okay.
A very high technology Six Sigma EMS organization
Operations Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2014
Excellent learning organization where I learnt root cause analysis using lean six sigma principles.
Pros
Learnt Six Sigma implementation
Cons
Very productive yet fun environment
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2014
A typical day at work would include productivity, time management and enjoyment. Management dealings are very good.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Fixed timing
Productive, a good employer, teamwork, good environment, etc.
Manufacturing electronic operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 November 2012
Good working environment, learned a lot of skills, teamwork, good management, not stressfull
Pros
break every 2 hours
Cons
n/a
Celestica..Time
MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2013
Celestica was the first company where I started working after Migrating. Great place to work with. Almost every one who worked there were Qualified People. Most of them were new Immigrants too.
Every one respect each other. very clean environment.
Had opportunity in leaning Canadian system. Handling new culture.
Great people, work 12 hours a day lots of perks 2000 during my time.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2015
Too bad my department was dissolve due to the catastrophic day of September 11.

Other than that I could have stayed longer, great work place environment.
The work place was very clean.
Electronic Assembler / Operator (Former Employee) –  DonMill Toronto18 January 2013
I was a testing and encapsulating cardboard memory. Some soldered under microscope. The co-workers very nice to me and we were getting along well. The job was very easy, nothing was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got 4 days off.
Pros
always has free donut, big lunch room with a chef cooking for us.
Cons
12 hours a day for 3 days only.
A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2013
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
Pros
free lunches
Celestica
Electronic Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto12 January 2013
Although the pay is not the best, the work environment and core principles of the workplace are truly worth staying for. The managers stress adherence to strict work standards, and ensure that all matters of safety and cleanliness are maintained
Pros
consistent breaks, good work principles, consistent safety and health standards
Cons
low pay
Excellent place to work and positive environment
Department Representative for Socio-Tech Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario9 June 2015
Great place to work where you felt your contribution mattered. Feedback given in constructive and positive matter and assistance always given.
Excellent Company if you are looking for good work/life balance. Flexi work hours. You are master of your area of work
Operations / Quality Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2012
Excellent organization and great work culture; team oriented work and great collaboration environment
fun and interesting place to work where multiculturalism is great.
Production Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2012
Assembling electronic circuit boards. I enjoyed being the team lead of multiple assembly lines. I learned so much of other cultures and how they are shaping our world now and it has changed my total out lokk on life.
good learning about canadian industries culture
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2013
Being my first job in Canada, good experience to learn about Canadian culture, worked hard to prove myseld and got appreciation from higher managemnet, promoted to better position.