Celestica Employee Reviews

Wonderful opportunity
RMA Program Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 29, 2012
I learned so much working at Celestica. I was able to use this education in business, manufacturing and program management in every other position I ever held,
It gave me the confidence to trust my instincts and to not be afraid to think outside of the box.
Hands down the best early working experience I could have ever had.
Pros
a wealth of learning. great team atmosphere.
Cons
tended to use and abuse those at junior levels, but it was a life's lesson if you were smart.
Stressful, noisy and unfriendly Environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2012
A typical day at work was stressful, noisy and the staff was unfriendly.
I have learnt that it was an unhealthy, toxic and stressfull atmosphere, because of the chemical use on the computer boards.
Management did not care about staff,all the care about is making lots of money.
My co-workers was always tired and seemed stressout.
The hardest part of the job was working 12hours a day.
There was no enyoyable part of the job.
Cons
very long hours
Productive, easy workplace, great support staff
Board repair/ hotbar, new hire orientation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
great place to learn about electronic production, co workers with different ethic backgrounds added to the learning experience. Scheduled breaks and lunches with a diverse menu and access to popular food outlets.It was not a pressured work environment but you needed to be focused on your specialty of work. Great staff to work with all the way up to the Director of that particular division that took interest in your work and your peace of mind. Every one did a proffessional job and had constant group updates. I would work there again
Pros
clean working conditions
Cons
time limited contract work only, average pay, no benefits
A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
Pros
free lunches
A terrific fast working environment to work in.
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day:
- Glass Panels are checked for defects before loading on to conveyor system
- Appropriate Solar Cells with correct efficiency are loaded into stringer machine
- Flux levels are checked and are refilled when needed
- Stringer Ribbon are replaced when exhausted
- Troubleshoot stringer machine if there is a sudden stoppage in machine
Working in in a highly organized environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2012
My work in Celestica has included:
• Setting of Solder Paste Screen Printer
• Providing In-Circuit test and functional test during manufacturing operation
• Repairing and Soldering printed Circuit Boards
• Inspecting operations
• Using a computing platform (Data Acquisition Control System) and Manufacturing Process Instructions
The work place was very clean.
Electronic Assembler / Operator (Former Employee) –  DonMill TorontoJanuary 18, 2013
I was a testing and encapsulating cardboard memory. Some soldered under microscope. The co-workers very nice to me and we were getting along well. The job was very easy, nothing was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got 4 days off.
Pros
always has free donut, big lunch room with a chef cooking for us.
Cons
12 hours a day for 3 days only.
N/A
Customer Focused Team Lead Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 31, 2013
Working on the line 24/7 shift environment.
Learned how to operate ABB Robots and TT Tabber Stringer equipment.
Coworkers are multicultural tending to majority coming from middle east .
Long hours and noisy environment ~ 80 decibels noise level.
The benefits are the most enjoyable part of the job.
benefits
Cons
long hours, stressful environment.
Celestica
Electronic Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 12, 2013
Although the pay is not the best, the work environment and core principles of the workplace are truly worth staying for. The managers stress adherence to strict work standards, and ensure that all matters of safety and cleanliness are maintained
Pros
consistent breaks, good work principles, consistent safety and health standards
Cons
low pay
It was fun working for Celestica, helped me to do my masters and nice working condition.
Production Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2014
One day a process was not followed because someone was over confident and did not read the instruction which delayed the delivery. So I learned that we must read the instruction before starting.
The management and coworkers were all okay.
Celestica..Time
MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Celestica was the first company where I started working after Migrating. Great place to work with. Almost every one who worked there were Qualified People. Most of them were new Immigrants too.
Every one respect each other. very clean environment.
Had opportunity in leaning Canadian system. Handling new culture.
I am in a career transition and am exploring opportunities that will take full advantage of my 3rd Party Supply Chain experience.
Global Director, Managed Services Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2012
Grew forward and reverse after-market services revenue with strategic customers and targeted prospects. Focus on fast growth, leveraging partner’s global network infrastructures.
Working in a multicultural environment was always fun.
PRODUCTION TECHNICAL OPERATOR (SMT) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2012
I enjoyed working in Celestica Inc. It gave me an scope to expose myself to a multicultural environment and improved my interaction and communication skill. I consider myself fortunate to have a very friendly team of workers. We enjoyed problem solving as a team.
Excellent company to work with. Good management and staffs. Good salary and benefits.
Operations Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Flexible schedules, enjoy working with the technician and management....very understanding and career focus. The job is very challenging but I love it. I worked there for almost five years..I enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
great company.
Cons
nothing
Amazing environment to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  north yorkApril 25, 2014
Gained so much learning and insight from just working at Celestica, they keep on teaching you through assessments and treated as team. Very good company from top to bottom
Pros
they keep you educated through tests and assessment
Cons
supervisor push you a lot, but what workplace doesn't.
Hand Soldering - Surface Mount, Through-Hole, Wires & Terminals
Electro-mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
I really enjoyed this team work. Everyday have to pay attention to focus soldering every points and make sure every points is completely done. I feel I did arts job every day also very comfortable. Through the work i learned one thing that is critical, is the fact that each solder/braze materiel must have the correct flux to work properly. soft solders have at least 3 varietiesof flux :acid gel, acid fluid, and non-corrosive flux which may have rosin as a base.As a rule the gel flux esarefor tougher situations like jewelry and crafts and are easier to work with. A fluid flux is better on level surface, but work no better than gel.... A rosin flux is a poor flux, but is widely seen as the ticket for electronics due to lack of corrosion.... anyway have to keep the iron tip clean. Clean tips transmit heat best and save time and money.
Pros
have medical benefit.....
Cons
always have overtime work. very like it.
Productive and Dynamic Work Environment
Mechanical Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Constantly changing environment with lots of different projects that can come across your desk. There are lulls in work at times but you are kept quite busy.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
there have been cut backs recently
fun and interesting place to work where multiculturalism is great.
Production Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2012
Assembling electronic circuit boards. I enjoyed being the team lead of multiple assembly lines. I learned so much of other cultures and how they are shaping our world now and it has changed my total out lokk on life.
A Great Place to Learn
Program Coordinator / Producton Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Learned everything from the manufacturing process, information technology, lean, six sigma, warehousing, after-market services, supply chain, leadership, personnel safety and many others.

Management is very fair and by the book sometimes to much which negatively impacts some employees. Sometime being too fair comes at a cost to employees who consistently exceed expectations.

The hardest part of the job is finding new and efficient ways of doing this, but this is a challenge that we are constantly encouraged and motivated to accomplish, which brings many rewards from personal growth and satisfaction to sometimes financial rewards.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to continually grow and learn new things on the job and through furthering education at the company's expense.
Pros
yearly bonus, plenty of vacation time and very flexible
Cons
during slow periods, not much room for promotions
na
PRODUCTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Celestica – Production Officer – Toronto, Ontario
January 2003 – December 2005
• Team lead responsible for checking the quality control and inspection of electronic products (i.e. Telecommunication assembly products) using computer software as well as staff supervision.