Celestica Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, easy workplace, great support staff
Board repair/ hotbar, new hire orientation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
great place to learn about electronic production, co workers with different ethic backgrounds added to the learning experience. Scheduled breaks and lunches with a diverse menu and access to popular food outlets.It was not a pressured work environment but you needed to be focused on your specialty of work. Great staff to work with all the way up to the Director of that particular division that took interest in your work and your peace of mind. Every one did a proffessional job and had constant group updates. I would work there again
Pros
clean working conditions
Cons
time limited contract work only, average pay, no benefits
Functional Test Analyst
Functional Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2014
Functional Test Analyst:
• Perform functional test flows of Junipers' routing equipment
• Analyze and debug failure equipment
• Identify and Troubleshoot test flow process
• Use Unix scripts and Open Access environment; use DMM, scopes and other measurement equipment
• Work with groups of Engineer Technicians
• Go-to person for resolving mechanical and electronic issues of Junipers' equipment
• Mechanical assembly of repaired equipment if required
• Ensure customers' products conform to standards and specification
Pros
good for north america experience
Cons
minimum wage - no benefits, temporary position
Its a productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
We each have our own stations on the line. Each shift has a work quota to be met at the end of the shift. Its very challenging at times to hit the quota but the goals are attainable. During my time working there I have learned a lot in regards to machinery and the product we manufacture. Working with a team is best we help each other out and share knowledge how to do things simple and in less time.
Pros
free pizza lunches and overtime
Cons
no benefits and contract.
N/A
Customer Focused Team Lead Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 31, 2013
Working on the line 24/7 shift environment.
Learned how to operate ABB Robots and TT Tabber Stringer equipment.
Coworkers are multicultural tending to majority coming from middle east .
Long hours and noisy environment ~ 80 decibels noise level.
The benefits are the most enjoyable part of the job.
benefits
Cons
long hours, stressful environment.
Challenging business with minimal supervision
Manager, Global Risk and Insurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Implemented a new insurance and claims system. Very new to them.
People were nice but overworked
Pros
salary & benefits
Cons
very long hours
wonderful
Celestica (Former Employee) –  NorthyorkSeptember 9, 2015
Working at this company had rellly help me grow as a person.
They have great people and they treat everyone with the same respect.
Its a very good workplace to work at .
Very safe
Pros
great people
Cons
no cons
Flexible hours in a very lean environment
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Celestica expects a lot out of employee base with respect to time commitment and travel. However, on the flip side, most of the management team offers high degree of work flexibility to help offset the night-work with Asia and constant travel.

This company promotes employee development and if an employee is willing to put in the time and effort, they will see advancement.
Pros
flexbility with work hours
Cons
lots of night calls with asia and travel expectations, average pay rates
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
provide customer service such as giving limited instruction on how data from record and calculate insurance premiums or award code data from records and organize and work with details office or warehouse records , Using computer to enter , access , retrieve data
A Great Place to Learn
Program Coordinator / Producton Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Learned everything from the manufacturing process, information technology, lean, six sigma, warehousing, after-market services, supply chain, leadership, personnel safety and many others.

Management is very fair and by the book sometimes to much which negatively impacts some employees. Sometime being too fair comes at a cost to employees who consistently exceed expectations.

The hardest part of the job is finding new and efficient ways of doing this, but this is a challenge that we are constantly encouraged and motivated to accomplish, which brings many rewards from personal growth and satisfaction to sometimes financial rewards.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to continually grow and learn new things on the job and through furthering education at the company's expense.
Pros
yearly bonus, plenty of vacation time and very flexible
Cons
during slow periods, not much room for promotions
Great people, work 12 hours a day lots of perks 2000 during my time.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Too bad my department was dissolve due to the catastrophic day of September 11.

Other than that I could have stayed longer, great work place environment.
Stressful, noisy and unfriendly Environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2012
A typical day at work was stressful, noisy and the staff was unfriendly.
I have learnt that it was an unhealthy, toxic and stressfull atmosphere, because of the chemical use on the computer boards.
Management did not care about staff,all the care about is making lots of money.
My co-workers was always tired and seemed stressout.
The hardest part of the job was working 12hours a day.
There was no enyoyable part of the job.
Cons
very long hours
Fast-paced and motivational engineering environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Developed and improved programming skills in Labview, C/C#, XML and VBA

Applied skills in hardware electrical engineering including designing wiring tables and schematics, soldering and wiring.

Familiar with engineering system development process.

Successfully taking control a project with budget over $200,000, responsible for end-to-end project development, demonstrated excellent project development skills.

Enjoyed working in a team environment while cooperating with 2 software experts.
Excellent place to work and positive environment
Department Representative for Socio-Tech Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJune 9, 2015
Great place to work where you felt your contribution mattered. Feedback given in constructive and positive matter and assistance always given.
Excellent company to work with. Good management and staffs. Good salary and benefits.
Operations Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Flexible schedules, enjoy working with the technician and management....very understanding and career focus. The job is very challenging but I love it. I worked there for almost five years..I enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
great company.
Cons
nothing
Fast Paced, Productive team oriented environment
Commodity Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2013
Worked flexible hours coordinating negotiation cycle, working with management, suppliers and customers. Learned a lot about the professional environment and working in a fast paced environment. Managers were very helpful and constructive assisted a lot in my development. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, enjoyed working along side them and working as a team to accomplish goals set out by management.
Pros
co workers and management
Cons
commute
Very productive yet fun environment
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at work would include productivity, time management and enjoyment. Management dealings are very good.
Pros
breaks
Cons
fixed timing
Hand Soldering - Surface Mount, Through-Hole, Wires & Terminals
Electro-mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
I really enjoyed this team work. Everyday have to pay attention to focus soldering every points and make sure every points is completely done. I feel I did arts job every day also very comfortable. Through the work i learned one thing that is critical, is the fact that each solder/braze materiel must have the correct flux to work properly. soft solders have at least 3 varietiesof flux :acid gel, acid fluid, and non-corrosive flux which may have rosin as a base.As a rule the gel flux esarefor tougher situations like jewelry and crafts and are easier to work with. A fluid flux is better on level surface, but work no better than gel.... A rosin flux is a poor flux, but is widely seen as the ticket for electronics due to lack of corrosion.... anyway have to keep the iron tip clean. Clean tips transmit heat best and save time and money.
Pros
have medical benefit.....
Cons
always have overtime work. very like it.
Productive and fun work place
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2014
Typical day at work was to perform solar laminator verification and provide gel samples to lab for certification. Learned a lot about time management skills. co- workers were always friendly and ready to assist. Most enjoyable part of the job was product testing for potential new customers
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
interns are not provided with a full-time job after the completion of internship term
Wonderful opportunity
RMA Program Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 29, 2012
I learned so much working at Celestica. I was able to use this education in business, manufacturing and program management in every other position I ever held,
It gave me the confidence to trust my instincts and to not be afraid to think outside of the box.
Hands down the best early working experience I could have ever had.
Pros
a wealth of learning. great team atmosphere.
Cons
tended to use and abuse those at junior levels, but it was a life's lesson if you were smart.
IT Life
Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
Daily Team Meeting for current project progress review and perspective jobs to work on. Prepare and plan daily jobs. Communicate with business persons for collecting information and requirements. Design Database structures. Code, Test and on production loading and reporting.
Communicate with Co-workers who work on same project.
Hardest part of job is performance tuning. The explain plan is never the best one even hint added. Communicated with DBAs and changed the some parameters of Database to resolve this issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was projects completed and won the prize with co-workers. I won prize twice. One is for Aggregated Data Mart and one is for Database Migration.