Celestica

Celestica Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fear of Layoffs
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), torontoAugust 15, 2013
Pros: not really.
Cons: demoralized collegues
The period I worked here there was a constant fear of layoffs. The employees were paralyzed with fear, and completely demoralized.

Pay is decent, and match industry standards.
N/A
Customer Focused Team Lead Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours, stressful environment.
Working on the line 24/7 shift environment.
Learned how to operate ABB Robots and TT Tabber Stringer equipment.
Coworkers are multicultural tending to majority coming from middle east .
Long hours and noisy environment ~ 80 decibels noise level.
The benefits are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Excellent
Production Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2013
Worked as a certified X-Ray and PLR Operator for Juniper
• Inspected the final products using X-Ray, VM, MVP and RTI machines and used computer applications like 5DX-PLR for finding possible defects on the boards
Celestica..Time
MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Celestica was the first company where I started working after Migrating. Great place to work with. Almost every one who worked there were Qualified People. Most of them were new Immigrants too.
Every one respect each other. very clean environment.
Had opportunity in leaning Canadian system. Handling new culture.
Learn about canadian work enviroment.
Electrical Assembler & Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2013
My first job in canada. I enjoyed very much to work with the different people and different environment.
Operating different kind of machine like Automatic and Semiautomatic.
Nice place to work
Special Repair/Rework Operator (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 27, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Celestica. I worked in a small department with just a few people. We got along really well.
quality oriented organization with good employes
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
i was working with day shift and i learned about quality control, quality assurance, packing, shipping, testing, soldering and was using some of new electromechanical tools and machinery
My team leader and supervisor are very cooperative and always nice to all employers they instruct well before start any new job
they instruct well that there is no – more... mistake during the production procedure and until shipping
the environment was good specially working with other co workers. – less
Visual inspection computer mother boards
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Toronto, OnApril 11, 2013
Pros: technician
Cons: good hour
It was good to work at Celestica Corp. Because I was a temperarily employee. I worked under a contract. When a contract is done, business was slow. It was no new contract to sign.
Productive, easy workplace, great support staff
Board repair/ hotbar, new hire orientation (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: clean working conditions
Cons: time limited contract work only, average pay, no benefits
great place to learn about electronic production, co workers with different ethic backgrounds added to the learning experience. Scheduled breaks and lunches with a diverse menu and access to popular food outlets.It was not a pressured work environment but you needed to be focused on your specialty of work. Great staff to work with all the way up to – more... the Director of that particular division that took interest in your work and your peace of mind. Every one did a proffessional job and had constant group updates. I would work there again – less
good place to learn
Commodity Management (Former Employee), torontoFebruary 27, 2013
poor management team and negative working environment in some departments. able to develop lots of skills through workshops, training and input from other workers. some corporate bureaucracy
Excellent company to work with. Good management and staffs. Good salary and benefits.
Operations Engineering Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great company.
Cons: nothing
Flexible schedules, enjoy working with the technician and management....very understanding and career focus. The job is very challenging but I love it. I worked there for almost five years..I enjoy every minute of it.
pervide a fun of work
Solar Panel soldering Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2013
co-workers are friendly
summer is hard busy work, winter is not busy
The work place was very clean.
Electronic Assembler / Operator (Former Employee), DonMill TorontoJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: always has free donut, big lunch room with a chef cooking for us.
Cons: 12 hours a day for 3 days only.
I was a testing and encapsulating cardboard memory. Some soldered under microscope. The co-workers very nice to me and we were getting along well. The job was very easy, nothing was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was I got 4 days off.
Service
Senior Product Data Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2013
Production repairs and service
Onsite service
Factory production
Celestica
Electronic Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: consistent breaks, good work principles, consistent safety and health standards
Cons: low pay
Although the pay is not the best, the work environment and core principles of the workplace are truly worth staying for. The managers stress adherence to strict work standards, and ensure that all matters of safety and cleanliness are maintained
A Great Place to Learn
Program Coordinator / Producton Cell Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus, plenty of vacation time and very flexible
Cons: during slow periods, not much room for promotions
Learned everything from the manufacturing process, information technology, lean, six sigma, warehousing, after-market services, supply chain, leadership, personnel safety and many others.

Management is very fair and by the book sometimes to much which negatively impacts some employees. Sometime being too fair comes at a cost to employees who consistently – more... exceed expectations.

The hardest part of the job is finding new and efficient ways of doing this, but this is a challenge that we are constantly encouraged and motivated to accomplish, which brings many rewards from personal growth and satisfaction to sometimes financial rewards.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to continually grow and learn new things on the job and through furthering education at the company's expense. – less
Good internship position
Corporate Process and Applications Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2012
Steady work, friendly people. Good support and willingness to help
One of the best companies I ever worked for, enjoyed learning new techniques.
Buyer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: learnt new ideas techniques like setting up and calculating optimised stock for smi, inventory mitigation, flexitime, very accomodative and understanding colleagues; good salary.
Cons: i worked in a contract position.
Very well organized, Celestica ensures that employee is rewarded going that extra mile to implement innvovation like setting up suppliers on SMI (Supplier Managed inventory) , Kanban and optimizing inventory by using SMI to ensure 2 week stock is always available.

Management is excellent and innovative, conduct regular weekly meetings to discuss issues.
Productive, a good employer, teamwork, good environment, etc.
Manufacturing electronic operator (Former Employee), North York, ONNovember 24, 2012
Pros: break every 2 hours
Cons: n/a
Good working environment, learned a lot of skills, teamwork, good management, not stressfull
Learned the winning procedures and processes.
INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2012
Good place to work. Friendly and helpful team environment. Many possibilities of learning and enhancing skills.

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more