Celestica Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fast paced, and lots of team work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: team work, time management, weekly awards (lunch discounts)
Cons: fast paced, steep learning curve
The day at celestica will begin with a team meeting, and then each individual will go back to their assigned task (manufacturing line) and continue their unfinished work, or take on a new inverter to assemble the mechanical components.

The work environment and the coworkers are very friendly and helpful, however it is a very fast paced workplace. The workers are required to meet their quota for the assembly and testing.

During my work in Celestica, I have learnt great team management and time management skills. I have to time myself, and decide upon which task can be done in a given period, and also prioritize with respect to the delivery request. This job also requires the worker to be in constant communication with the manufacturing line lead and the supervisor, feeding them with constant progress report regarding the status off the assembly of the inverter.

The hardest part of the job that I encountered is during my training. I had to go through a steep learning curve, and learn about a lot of materials and assembly instructions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work, I enjoyed working with my coworkers they were encouraging and helpful, and I always get the sense of accomplishment upon finishing my task on time, and also the recognition I have got due to my work from my supervisor and my seniors.
Hand Soldering - Surface Mount, Through-Hole, Wires & Terminals
Electro-mechanical assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: have medical benefit.....
Cons: always have overtime work. very like it.
I really enjoyed this team work. Everyday have to pay attention to focus soldering every points and make sure every points is completely done. I feel I did arts job every day also very comfortable. Through the work i learned one thing that is critical, is the fact that each solder/braze materiel must have the correct flux to work properly. soft solders have at least 3 varietiesof flux :acid gel, acid fluid, and non-corrosive flux which may have rosin as a base.As a rule the gel flux esarefor tougher situations like jewelry and crafts and are easier to work with. A fluid flux is better on level surface, but work no better than gel.... A rosin flux is a poor flux, but is widely seen as the ticket for electronics due to lack of corrosion.... anyway have to keep the iron tip clean. Clean tips transmit heat best and save time and money.
A Great Place to Learn
Program Coordinator / Producton Cell Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: yearly bonus, plenty of vacation time and very flexible
Cons: during slow periods, not much room for promotions
Learned everything from the manufacturing process, information technology, lean, six sigma, warehousing, after-market services, supply chain, leadership, personnel safety and many others.

Management is very fair and by the book sometimes to much which negatively impacts some employees. Sometime being too fair comes at a cost to employees who consistently exceed expectations.

The hardest part of the job is finding new and efficient ways of doing this, but this is a challenge that we are constantly encouraged and motivated to accomplish, which brings many rewards from personal growth and satisfaction to sometimes financial rewards.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to continually grow and learn new things on the job and through furthering education at the company's expense.
IT Life
Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
Daily Team Meeting for current project progress review and perspective jobs to work on. Prepare and plan daily jobs. Communicate with business persons for collecting information and requirements. Design Database structures. Code, Test and on production loading and reporting.
Communicate with Co-workers who work on same project.
Hardest part of job is performance tuning. The explain plan is never the best one even hint added. Communicated with DBAs and changed the some parameters of Database to resolve this issue.
The most enjoyable part of job was projects completed and won the prize with co-workers. I won prize twice. One is for Aggregated Data Mart and one is for Database Migration.
Productive, easy workplace, great support staff
Board repair/ hotbar, new hire orientation (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: clean working conditions
Cons: time limited contract work only, average pay, no benefits
great place to learn about electronic production, co workers with different ethic backgrounds added to the learning experience. Scheduled breaks and lunches with a diverse menu and access to popular food outlets.It was not a pressured work environment but you needed to be focused on your specialty of work. Great staff to work with all the way up to the Director of that particular division that took interest in your work and your peace of mind. Every one did a proffessional job and had constant group updates. I would work there again
One of the best companies I ever worked for, enjoyed learning new techniques.
Buyer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: learnt new ideas techniques like setting up and calculating optimised stock for smi, inventory mitigation, flexitime, very accomodative and understanding colleagues; good salary.
Cons: i worked in a contract position.
Very well organized, Celestica ensures that employee is rewarded going that extra mile to implement innvovation like setting up suppliers on SMI (Supplier Managed inventory) , Kanban and optimizing inventory by using SMI to ensure 2 week stock is always available.

Management is excellent and innovative, conduct regular weekly meetings to discuss issues.
Functional Test Analyst
Functional Test Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good for north america experience
Cons: minimum wage - no benefits, temporary position
Functional Test Analyst:
• Perform functional test flows of Junipers' routing equipment
• Analyze and debug failure equipment
• Identify and Troubleshoot test flow process
• Use Unix scripts and Open Access environment; use DMM, scopes and other measurement equipment
• Work with groups of Engineer Technicians
• Go-to person for resolving mechanical and electronic issues of Junipers' equipment
• Mechanical assembly of repaired equipment if required
• Ensure customers' products conform to standards and specification
Celestica is a fun and safe place to work, specially for women, but low wages and no permanent job. All contracts thru. Adecco Employment Agency
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Repair TeamMarch 5, 2014
Celestica provided a comfortable place for employees to work in. We had a nice cafeteria and for every 2 hours of work, 15 minutes break that you could have a coffee or snack, etc.
Celestica is a safe place specially for women. It has a very clean and friendly environment. At Celestica, you don't really feel that somebody is on your shoulder. As long as you do your job, nobody would bother you. At Celestica, you could always get help from your team leader in case of any difficulty doing your job.
Fast-paced and motivational engineering environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Developed and improved programming skills in Labview, C/C#, XML and VBA

Applied skills in hardware electrical engineering including designing wiring tables and schematics, soldering and wiring.

Familiar with engineering system development process.

Successfully taking control a project with budget over $200,000, responsible for end-to-end project development, demonstrated excellent project development skills.

Enjoyed working in a team environment while cooperating with 2 software experts.
Good work environment with nice people to work with but very poor pay with no scope to advance or becoming full time in the long run.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: friendly people and supers
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Well reputed company with good management but it is a temporary contractual work through an agency with very minimum salary with no chance to advance ever. In the maximum of 23 months contract, there is only one pay increase of $0.25 after six months of employment. No opportunity of growing or even getting hired by the company directly makes the job less appealing.
quality oriented organization with good employes
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
i was working with day shift and i learned about quality control, quality assurance, packing, shipping, testing, soldering and was using some of new electromechanical tools and machinery
My team leader and supervisor are very cooperative and always nice to all employers they instruct well before start any new job
they instruct well that there is no mistake during the production procedure and until shipping
the environment was good specially working with other co workers.
Fast Paced, Productive team oriented environment
Commodity Management Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: co workers and management
Cons: commute
Worked flexible hours coordinating negotiation cycle, working with management, suppliers and customers. Learned a lot about the professional environment and working in a fast paced environment. Managers were very helpful and constructive assisted a lot in my development. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, enjoyed working along side them and working as a team to accomplish goals set out by management.
Flexible hours in a very lean environment
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexbility with work hours
Cons: lots of night calls with asia and travel expectations, average pay rates
Celestica expects a lot out of employee base with respect to time commitment and travel. However, on the flip side, most of the management team offers high degree of work flexibility to help offset the night-work with Asia and constant travel.

This company promotes employee development and if an employee is willing to put in the time and effort, they will see advancement.
Dynamic working all functional disiplines at a global level
Director, Business Development (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Typical day involved working with customers and sales account mgr to identify and win new business. This involved customer presentation and generating proposal documents.
Also work with cross functional teams on existing business to ensure project goals of performance, cost and schedule were being met.
In addition strategically identify new markets and customers to target and formulate a go to market plan and sales strategy
Its a productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free pizza lunches and overtime
Cons: no benefits and contract.
We each have our own stations on the line. Each shift has a work quota to be met at the end of the shift. Its very challenging at times to hit the quota but the goals are attainable. During my time working there I have learned a lot in regards to machinery and the product we manufacture. Working with a team is best we help each other out and share knowledge how to do things simple and in less time.
Stressful, noisy and unfriendly Environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2012
Cons: very long hours
A typical day at work was stressful, noisy and the staff was unfriendly.
I have learnt that it was an unhealthy, toxic and stressfull atmosphere, because of the chemical use on the computer boards.
Management did not care about staff,all the care about is making lots of money.
My co-workers was always tired and seemed stressout.
The hardest part of the job was working 12hours a day.
There was no enyoyable part of the job.
Wonderful opportunity
RMA Program Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: a wealth of learning. great team atmosphere.
Cons: tended to use and abuse those at junior levels, but it was a life's lesson if you were smart.
I learned so much working at Celestica. I was able to use this education in business, manufacturing and program management in every other position I ever held,
It gave me the confidence to trust my instincts and to not be afraid to think outside of the box.
Hands down the best early working experience I could have ever had.
Productive and fun work place
Student Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: interns are not provided with a full-time job after the completion of internship term
Typical day at work was to perform solar laminator verification and provide gel samples to lab for certification. Learned a lot about time management skills. co- workers were always friendly and ready to assist. Most enjoyable part of the job was product testing for potential new customers
A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
Work culture
Hardware Developer- Aerospace & Defence (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Interactive work environment
Cons: Industrial work
Celestica, Mississauga location gives all employees an opportunity to grow their skills and advance their career within the industry. Most employees work in one massive manufacturing room where the employer has an opportunity to interact with all operators, engineers, supervisors, team leaders and the site managers.