Celestica

Celestica Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The job was great but i need something where i can progress
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
good job. looking for something that pays more with benefit
Functional Test Analyst
Functional Test Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good for north america experience
Cons: minimum wage - no benefits, temporary position
Functional Test Analyst:
• Perform functional test flows of Junipers' routing equipment
• Analyze and debug failure equipment
• Identify and Troubleshoot test flow process
• Use Unix scripts and Open Access environment; use DMM, scopes and other measurement equipment
• Work with groups of Engineer Technicians
• Go-to person for resolving mechanical – more... and electronic issues of Junipers' equipment
• Mechanical assembly of repaired equipment if required
• Ensure customers' products conform to standards and specification – less
Celestica is a fun and safe place to work, specially for women, but low wages and no permanent job. All contracts thru. Adecco Employment Agency
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Repair TeamMarch 5, 2014
Celestica provided a comfortable place for employees to work in. We had a nice cafeteria and for every 2 hours of work, 15 minutes break that you could have a coffee or snack, etc.
Celestica is a safe place specially for women. It has a very clean and friendly environment. At Celestica, you don't really feel that somebody is on your shoulder. As long – more... as you do your job, nobody would bother you. At Celestica, you could always get help from your team leader in case of any difficulty doing your job. – less
Challenging business with minimal supervision
Manager, Global Risk and Insurance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: salary & benefits
Cons: very long hours
Implemented a new insurance and claims system. Very new to them.
People were nice but overworked
Its a productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free pizza lunches and overtime
Cons: no benefits and contract.
We each have our own stations on the line. Each shift has a work quota to be met at the end of the shift. Its very challenging at times to hit the quota but the goals are attainable. During my time working there I have learned a lot in regards to machinery and the product we manufacture. Working with a team is best we help each other out and share knowledge – more... how to do things simple and in less time. – less
Productive, fast paced, and lots of team work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: team work, time management, weekly awards (lunch discounts)
Cons: fast paced, steep learning curve
The day at celestica will begin with a team meeting, and then each individual will go back to their assigned task (manufacturing line) and continue their unfinished work, or take on a new inverter to assemble the mechanical components.

The work environment and the coworkers are very friendly and helpful, however it is a very fast paced workplace. The – more... workers are required to meet their quota for the assembly and testing.

During my work in Celestica, I have learnt great team management and time management skills. I have to time myself, and decide upon which task can be done in a given period, and also prioritize with respect to the delivery request. This job also requires the worker to be in constant communication with the manufacturing line lead and the supervisor, feeding them with constant progress report regarding the status off the assembly of the inverter.

The hardest part of the job that I encountered is during my training. I had to go through a steep learning curve, and learn about a lot of materials and assembly instructions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work, I enjoyed working with my coworkers they were encouraging and helpful, and I always get the sense of accomplishment upon finishing my task on time, and also the recognition I have got due to my work from my supervisor and my seniors. – less
overall a good place to work
Electronic Printed circuit board Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: nice clean place to work
Cons: very far for me to drive
Good place to see robotics in action. Hands free operation of electrical component assembly lines.
n/a
Junior Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Engineering centric company
Good company
difficult to move up if not an engineer
It was fun working for Celestica, helped me to do my masters and nice working condition.
Production Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2014
One day a process was not followed because someone was over confident and did not read the instruction which delayed the delivery. So I learned that we must read the instruction before starting.
The management and coworkers were all okay.
Very diverse place to work
Customer Liaison/Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto ON.January 28, 2014
Pros: diverse work force
Cons: got laid off
I forged good relationship with a lot of my coworkers. Very Canadian, very professional place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Help desk Cell Leader (Former Employee), Telford, ENGJanuary 12, 2014
A typical work day for me before I was made redundant was assist the customer service representatives, creating reports and monitoring and analyzing call statistics. I was also included in the employment of new call center agents.
I got along very well with all my co-workers and management.
A terrific fast working environment to work in.
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day:
- Glass Panels are checked for defects before loading on to conveyor system
- Appropriate Solar Cells with correct efficiency are loaded into stringer machine
- Flux levels are checked and are refilled when needed
- Stringer Ribbon are replaced when exhausted
- Troubleshoot stringer machine if there is a sudden stoppage in machine
A productive work place with friendly people will give you good results from me as and employee
Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Always very enthusiastic to be at work, and ready for the challenges for the day, my co-workers were great to work with as i get along with everyone, i learn new things as they are presented to me and enjoy, learning new skills, the most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the people or person i have the pleasure of working with.
good learning about canadian industries culture
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2013
Being my first job in Canada, good experience to learn about Canadian culture, worked hard to prove myseld and got appreciation from higher managemnet, promoted to better position.
Great Company
Global Commodity Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2013
Pros: a lot of training.
Cons: a little far from where i live but worth the commute.
Great company with strong management that allows your to think outside the box.
Fear of Layoffs
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), torontoAugust 15, 2013
Pros: not really.
Cons: demoralized collegues
The period I worked here there was a constant fear of layoffs. The employees were paralyzed with fear, and completely demoralized.

Pay is decent, and match industry standards.
N/A
Customer Focused Team Lead Technical Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours, stressful environment.
Working on the line 24/7 shift environment.
Learned how to operate ABB Robots and TT Tabber Stringer equipment.
Coworkers are multicultural tending to majority coming from middle east .
Long hours and noisy environment ~ 80 decibels noise level.
The benefits are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Excellent
Production Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2013
Worked as a certified X-Ray and PLR Operator for Juniper
• Inspected the final products using X-Ray, VM, MVP and RTI machines and used computer applications like 5DX-PLR for finding possible defects on the boards
Celestica..Time
MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Celestica was the first company where I started working after Migrating. Great place to work with. Almost every one who worked there were Qualified People. Most of them were new Immigrants too.
Every one respect each other. very clean environment.
Had opportunity in leaning Canadian system. Handling new culture.
Learn about canadian work enviroment.
Electrical Assembler & Tester (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2013
My first job in canada. I enjoyed very much to work with the different people and different environment.
Operating different kind of machine like Automatic and Semiautomatic.

1 2 3 4 5

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more