CEDA

CEDA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
awesome work place with people that cared about you c
insulater with level 1 rope access (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 29, 2014
Pros: they are there for you
Cons: very big company and sometimes dont see what you go through
ceda is a great company to work for they always have your back and want you to get all the best training you can
They pay for flight and camp
Dredge/Pump Operator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 21, 2014
Pros: camp and all the amenities are amazing
Cons: low moral among staff due to job insecurity
Have learned alot about the oil sands industry and how to run a dredge and pumps. Have not been to impressed with the way management handles the employees, and how the information from management is withheld. Such as job security and wage and flight changes. Hardest part of my job is making sure new operators learn equipment properly and that they preform – more... their jobs according to Shell standards. I enjoy meeting new people and learning new things. The only thing is I was hired for my heavy equipment experience and have only run a loader for a few days. I miss it. – less
Enjoyable Crew to work with
Foreman/Operator (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working with this crew. Hardest part of my job which will happen anywhere is being in leadership so young. Nobody respects you until you earn it. Once it is earned though it is easy going.
Beware
Dredging Operator (Former Employee), ft mckayApril 24, 2014
This company is completely different from what you might think. In field, they are incompetent and don't have a clue how to manage. Very unorganized and poor morals and values, they cover up incidents and don't care about safety. If you are from a different place and they don't like you for any reason, you will be terminated. They are racist, especially – more... if you go to Shell Albian site where there are a bunch of newfies who know each other from back home and they hire and promote based on who you know. – less
I loved working at Ceda Nexen site....
Labour and Non Driving Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great people good money...
Cons: always working not much of a life except work...
Nice people to work for. .Good physical hard work keeps you in shape...It was like working with family I miss them....
Working with women and children
Certified Health Professional (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: days off for major holidays
Cons: not for profit public health= lower salary
A typical day would be counseling mom's and children on concerns about thier diet or growth and what can be done to correct any issues. Depending on the day, we may see 40-70 clients/d. Co-workers keep the day moving by doing what needs to be done while smiling and laughing. Almost like a family. The hardest part of the job would be a very upset client – more... that may have had a rough day and is taking it out on you or a coworker. But, you have to put yourself in thier shoes sometimes and try to work out the problem as calmly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happy children, seeing the beautiful infants and hearing that we are helping another client, or another family with the resources that is available from WIC. – less
Oppurtunity for knowledge
Social Worker/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2014
• Used customer service skills while answering phone
• Learned to multitask and adjust to fast paced situation
• Trained to operate different computer operating systems
• Community outreach of relations at events
• Processed customers government utility grants
My present job I work as a customer services rep in a non-profit organization. It's OK but not my primary job clasification. Presently looking for job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), down-town central Chicago IL.July 18, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the outdoors and the flexibility of creating my own work schedules.
Cons: even though i like construction it does have it's draw-backs and that it is very hard work.
I am a people person, I don't mind working with people and I am very good with quality customer care. But what I really like to do is work with my hands, building or repairing properties, commercial or residencial. So if I were to rate job discriptions it would in construction and/or building maintenance.
nice and culm
customer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: easy work flo
Cons: only worked a few hours a week
listing to peolpe in need of help with there light and gas bill being paid by the government grants. Translate to customers information they may need or have any questions with there application.
Major change needs to happen
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: unprofessional upper management
Many of the people who work here are really great. Unfortunately upper management needs a change.
Not organized and poor management
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
A typical day is not consistent, new unknown projects become urgent at anytime. Management allows personal issues to conflict with work. I did not enjoy working here.
Great Environment
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILMay 19, 2014
Friendly and easy flow place to work in. The Health care providers were very professional in their positions and where very helpful while i was a temp in their office.
Productive and Work fun
Mail Clerk/ Verification (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunch break
Cons: short breaks
I really like that job, and it was productive. I enjoy this work environment and enjoying in taking and helping people change lives.
Ok, place to work
Appeals Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great fulfillment assisting needy families
Cons: low possibility of advancing
I enjoyed the duties of the job, I learned a lot about community engagement and assisting the community.
Non-Profit
Volunteer Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Pros: we do help the client
Cons: we help the client
Helping the client, also not appreciated by some the clients. The last couple of years no raise, bonus, or COLA.
Bad communication throughout company.
Office Assistant (Accounts Payable) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: long breaks, location.
Cons: no benefits, poor communication.
Co-workers were friendly and inviting, learned about accounts payable, management was not very organized, the hardest part of the job was being divided between the accountants, the most enjoyable part was accomplishing the goals we set as a team.
Good place to learn
Verification Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: helping the community and its a 8:30 to 5:00
Cons: short lunches
I have a good time at my job; my most enjoyable part of my job is helping the people of the community. Management is ok but it has changed twice since I have been here. I love working with people so my coworkers are great, I learned that life is about helping people in need and not about a check.
Productive and has it's challenges with clients
Customer Service/Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Will assist clients on our services we have that could help them. If an issue arises, will try to assist them as much as possible.
People Orientent
Intake Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
Assisted low income families by completing a recommended application to receive government assistance with light and gas bills.
Very nice place to work
Assessor / Final Inspector Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, cell phone and laptop
Cons: sometimes very long hours.
I really enjoy working at Ceda, because I meet new people every day and I faced different challenges with a wide variety of housing stock and constuction types. As our motto is "Helping People and Changing Lives."

About CEDA

One of the largest private non-profit organizations in the country, CEDA serves 240,000 Cook County residents annually. Over forty – Read more