CEDA

CEDA Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
All camps had gyms, table tennis, etc. for workers to enjoy
chemical cleaner (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 10, 2015
Enjoyable work enviorment. I learned cascading, causitc injection, operating a water truck, rigging and unrigging pipes and pumps. Management was good to work with. Co-workers were easy to get along with making the job much more enjoyable. The hardist part of the job was the cold and boring when on watch. I enjoyed living in camps and the comradeship with other workers.
good crew of guys
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee), Foster CreekApril 8, 2015
good crew of guys
competitive rates and competitive benefits
work is decent
management is decent
new to mechanical work, obviously some growing pains
excellent supervision buy in towards safety
HSE Lead Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: excellent pay
Ceda has a proven track record in safety compliance and its front line supervision is supportive in all HSE activities.They lead by example.
CEDA is good
Division Manager (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Not a bad place to work, management a little too cloudy in the direction of the company. This creates instability within the workforce.
Been one of the biggest and oldest providers in the oil sands the company is not as mature as it should be.
awesome work place with people that cared about you c
insulater with level 1 rope access (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 29, 2014
Pros: they are there for you
Cons: very big company and sometimes dont see what you go through
ceda is a great company to work for they always have your back and want you to get all the best training you can
They pay for flight and camp
Dredge/Pump Operator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 21, 2014
Pros: camp and all the amenities are amazing
Cons: low moral among staff due to job insecurity
Have learned alot about the oil sands industry and how to run a dredge and pumps. Have not been to impressed with the way management handles the employees, and how the information from management is withheld. Such as job security and wage and flight changes. Hardest part of my job is making sure new operators learn equipment properly and that they preform their jobs according to Shell standards. I enjoy meeting new people and learning new things. The only thing is I was hired for my heavy equipment experience and have only run a loader for a few days. I miss it.
Enjoyable Crew to work with
Foreman/Operator (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working with this crew. Hardest part of my job which will happen anywhere is being in leadership so young. Nobody respects you until you earn it. Once it is earned though it is easy going.
Beware
Dredging Operator (Former Employee), ft mckayApril 24, 2014
This company is completely different from what you might think. In field, they are incompetent and don't have a clue how to manage. Very unorganized and poor morals and values, they cover up incidents and don't care about safety. If you are from a different place and they don't like you for any reason, you will be terminated. They are racist, especially if you go to Shell Albian site where there are a bunch of newfies who know each other from back home and they hire and promote based on who you know.

About CEDA

One of the largest private non-profit organizations in the country, CEDA serves 240,000 Cook County residents annually. Over forty – Read more