CEDA

CEDA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I loved working at Ceda Nexen site....
Labour and Non Driving Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great people good money...
Cons: always working not much of a life except work...
Nice people to work for. .Good physical hard work keeps you in shape...It was like working with family I miss them....
Ok, place to work
Appeals Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great fulfillment assisting needy families
Cons: low possibility of advancing
I enjoyed the duties of the job, I learned a lot about community engagement and assisting the community.
It was very productive and fun to work at and the people there were great people to work with.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
Days at work were pretty slow at time but there were other days that were really busy also, I've learned that I can work very hard when i set my mind on things and make things unique.I enjoyed every part of my job because I love working with people and love gaining more skills that can help me later on in life.
Non-Profit
Volunteer Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Pros: we do help the client
Cons: we help the client
Helping the client, also not appreciated by some the clients. The last couple of years no raise, bonus, or COLA.
Bad communication throughout company.
Office Assistant (Accounts Payable) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: long breaks, location.
Cons: no benefits, poor communication.
Co-workers were friendly and inviting, learned about accounts payable, management was not very organized, the hardest part of the job was being divided between the accountants, the most enjoyable part was accomplishing the goals we set as a team.
Good place to learn
Verification Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: helping the community and its a 8:30 to 5:00
Cons: short lunches
I have a good time at my job; my most enjoyable part of my job is helping the people of the community. Management is ok but it has changed twice since I have been here. I love working with people so my coworkers are great, I learned that life is about helping people in need and not about a check.
People Orientent
Intake Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
Assisted low income families by completing a recommended application to receive government assistance with light and gas bills.
Very nice place to work
Assessor / Final Inspector Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, cell phone and laptop
Cons: sometimes very long hours.
I really enjoy working at Ceda, because I meet new people every day and I faced different challenges with a wide variety of housing stock and constuction types. As our motto is "Helping People and Changing Lives."
Nonprofit
Social Worker/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2012
Filled with fantastic busy days.Learned alot about properties.
Fun Workplace...
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: made alot of good freinds, especially one...
Cons: only a temp job! got laid off three weeks before xmas!
Made alot of good freinds that I still facebook today! I loved it! Went downtown everyday. The adventure was GREAT!
Open-minded and diverse workplace
Bilingual WIC Nutritionist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2012
On a daily basis, I counsel clients one-on-one and in class settings about various nutrition topics. I attend monthly staff meetings and finish daily reports to ensure program quality. I have learned various nutrition regulatory issues that I have translated into understandable language for my clientele.
Fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ford Heights, ILJuly 31, 2012
Pros: mentoring the youth
Cons: underdeprived youths
Working with the youth was a bit of a challange, because some had no life skills experience. After working with the student a developed a relationship that was bulit on trust and respect and commitment to strive for goals.
Good work enviorment, day went by quick, this job let me help others.
Senior Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2012
I worked anywhere from 8 to 12 hour days, Monday's through Friday's and if needed Saturday also. I would check my voicemail, call clients & utility companies, verified documents, also helped with intake at front desk when a client wanted to speak to a supervisor, I was one of two team leads who would answer questions, train 50 to 70 employees on the – more... Liheap system, & help with some computer issues. This position was a great learning experience, I have basic training in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint, I had to keep up with the documents because the criteria would or could change each year. My bosses and co-workers were easy and fun to work with.
The hardest part of this job was having to tell someone that I could not help them. The best part of this job was doing intake at events and being able to help families in need. – less
Great organization
Housing Counselor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2012
Decent programs for the community. Needs change in the upper and middle management.
Learning made
Head (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILJuly 9, 2012
Pros: friendships, respect, and the hours.
Cons: not having the proper training
A typical day at CEDA consists of a loving environment where you felt like you belong, happy staff (co-workers and management), you were more of a family that was your home not your work place. You walk into the classroom and greeted by co-workers,children and sometimes the children family(ies).
I learned while working at CEDA is that the myth that – more... all women can't work together because they won't be able to get along is not true, we all got along fine, and respected each other.
Management at CEDA was great, management would walk into the classroom and acknowledge your appearance, not just saying hello, but holding a conversation about the children art on the walls anything that may have happened on her way to work, sometimes she would ask about your family at home, how you are doing?.
The hardest part of this job, I would have to say was not having the training to work with children who was diagnosis with either a learning disability or illness and didn't have the training to work with them.
The most enjoyable part of this job is making friends, being appraised for your work, the trainings that enhanced my knowledge of how to be a better teacher and knowing that I had a part in teaching children social and academic skills that would help them in our world. – less
first job 16 years old
administrative assistant (Former Employee), chicago heights, ILJune 27, 2012
Pros: seasonal
Cons: no benefits
Receptionist
Typing
Filing
Coordinating events
Answering telephones
Friendly staff
Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILJune 15, 2012
This job position benefits my college career, I helped planned community forums and interacted daily with helping people
productive
Sr. Verification Clerk/ Denial Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 4, 2012
I enjoyed working for this organization because it gave me a chance to help people who were in need of assistance. Every day I left work feeling like I had an postitive impact on someones life.
Productive Workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Evanston, ILMay 30, 2012
Pros: convienant lunch location
Cons: little to no pay
I loved working with my supervisor she wasn't bossy at all
I improved my multitasking skills
Slow Pace work enviroment
Customer Service Volunteer (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMay 15, 2012
A typical day at work could most time feel longer than a much busier work place, however I have been Volunteering now for almost three years and i hope to do so again this year if i have not found a place of empolyment.

About CEDA

One of the largest private non-profit organizations in the country, CEDA serves 240,000 Cook County residents annually. Over forty – Read more