CEDA Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 22, 2016
Very laid back pace. Lots of knowledge there taught by great people. I have 30years experience and still learning! The only negative thing was the site/camp rules. They somehow find ways to bring down morale. Its a very safe site.
Great atmosphere
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A succesful and well know company that provided me with a great work enviroment, where i gained experience that i will carry with me for a life time.
Very short staffed
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Very, very busy with cutbacks. I like being busy but, not hectic.
Great people that I work with and deal with both internal and external customers make the job worthwhile.
Pros
Great People
Good place to work.
Labourer / Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 16, 2015
Half Union and Non Union. Some days your busy and others not so busy. Good Safety staff. Any thing Safety you need they try to find it for you.
Productive and fun workplace
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone in the shop and loved getting time to work alone. This job gave me plenty of opportunity for advancement and I gained a lot of knowledge with this company. The higher up were always very understandable and the friendliest people to work with.
Pros
gained knowledge, good hours, amazing staff
Cons
low wage
Coworkers my age and fun environment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2015
I was a peer mentor/tutor and was glad when students improved their grades and athletic abilities when coming to the program.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
N/A
Amazing employees who are support and great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 30, 2015
Excellent company who values their employees. I love my co-workers and the other employees I deal with on a day to day basis.
Pros
Great NLA
Cons
Not as much room for growth at the moment
All camps had gyms, table tennis, etc. for workers to enjoy
chemical cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 10, 2015
Enjoyable work enviorment. I learned cascading, causitc injection, operating a water truck, rigging and unrigging pipes and pumps. Management was good to work with. Co-workers were easy to get along with making the job much more enjoyable. The hardist part of the job was the cold and boring when on watch. I enjoyed living in camps and the comradeship with other workers.
good crew of guys
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Foster CreekApril 8, 2015
good crew of guys
competitive rates and competitive benefits
work is decent
management is decent
new to mechanical work, obviously some growing pains
excellent supervision buy in towards safety
HSE Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 4, 2015
Ceda has a proven track record in safety compliance and its front line supervision is supportive in all HSE activities.They lead by example.
Pros
excellent pay
CEDA is good
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Not a bad place to work, management a little too cloudy in the direction of the company. This creates instability within the workforce.
Been one of the biggest and oldest providers in the oil sands the company is not as mature as it should be.
awesome work place with people that cared about you c
insulater with level 1 rope access (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 29, 2014
ceda is a great company to work for they always have your back and want you to get all the best training you can
Pros
they are there for you
Cons
very big company and sometimes dont see what you go through
They pay for flight and camp
Dredge/Pump Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 21, 2014
Have learned alot about the oil sands industry and how to run a dredge and pumps. Have not been to impressed with the way management handles the employees, and how the information from management is withheld. Such as job security and wage and flight changes. Hardest part of my job is making sure new operators learn equipment properly and that they preform their jobs according to Shell standards. I enjoy meeting new people and learning new things. The only thing is I was hired for my heavy equipment experience and have only run a loader for a few days. I miss it.
Pros
camp and all the amenities are amazing
Cons
low moral among staff due to job insecurity
Enjoyable Crew to work with
Foreman/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurrayJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working with this crew. Hardest part of my job which will happen anywhere is being in leadership so young. Nobody respects you until you earn it. Once it is earned though it is easy going.
Beware
Dredging Operator (Former Employee) –  ft mckayApril 24, 2014
This company is completely different from what you might think. In field, they are incompetent and don't have a clue how to manage. Very unorganized and poor morals and values, they cover up incidents and don't care about safety. If you are from a different place and they don't like you for any reason, you will be terminated. They are racist, especially if you go to Shell Albian site where there are a bunch of newfies who know each other from back home and they hire and promote based on who you know.
I loved working at Ceda Nexen site....
Labour and Non Driving Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Nice people to work for. .Good physical hard work keeps you in shape...It was like working with family I miss them....
Pros
great people good money...
Cons
always working not much of a life except work...