CEDA International Employee Reviews

A good place to earn money
Project Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 June 2017
A good company. Good safety record. Not the best work/life balance but very good money. Recently removed NLA but overall it is a good company to be a part of.
Pros
Very good safety records
Cons
Long Hours, sometimes not structured well.
Inclusive workplace.
HSE Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2017
I loved working at CEDA. Management was involved with day to day tasks and went above and beyond to help employees out. I always felt like a part of the team.
Ok place to work for newbies
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Conklin, AB9 June 2017
Ceda had good benefits some guys that know stuff but most of the management well lets just say no clue.
Some people that should be supervisors are operators and people that are supervisors have no back bone and don't stand up to management when things are needed like mecanics, parts, extra staff, and extra equipment because a contract they got awarded obviously they thought was a joke or took very lightly and don't plan or think ahead.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, schedule
Cons
Management, supervisors
Amzing Experience
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2017
Ceda allowed me to see safety from an amazing perspective, the culture was great, and the experience was unforgettable. I learned so much and got to travel not only to different sites around town but also out of town.
It was a good place to work
Labourer class 3 operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2017
I would love a fly in fly out job.I left Ceda because at the time I found shutdowns very exhausting being gone for months at a time. I would love a rotation schedule
Very great place to work.Team Moral
Payroll Time Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
I had a great experience working for CEDA International as they care about safety , number one and their employee's number 2 they had a lot of functions that involved all employees, lunches, awesome safety meetings, and overall great people.
Pros
Great Commute
Cons
Not busy enough.
Committed my life but recieved no appreciation
Vacuum Truck/HPW Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 December 2016
There were no typical days at work unorganized leadership , there was no team pretty much every man for himself ,A few guys could work well together .Higher up President is a class act and is the one bright spot about the Leadership within CEDA.

It was hard manual labor intensive at times on the lance doing High Pressure Water Blasting. Operating different trucks was nice allowed for more opportunities for work. Travel at times was nice but being close to home was better. Working with Chemicals in Chemical plants was the only bad part about it, Corrosives, H2S, Benzene , Caustic,Asbestos in older plants. I personally would rather steer a younger generation from this type of work ,Climbing up and down towers & in and out of tanks cleaning sludges & oils is no fun.
Pros
if lucky enough higher up on call out list, close to home
Cons
Travel, Lack of team work, 24-7 on call most days, slow up during winter months.
still there on lay off
Ceda Envromental (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 December 2016
work on water pumps and dreadges, log in on a daily basis, make sure everything is running .we get layed off in the winter so looking to stay at work year around.
Shutdown work
Safety Officer-CEDA Suncor Turnaround, Plant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 November 2016
Challenging having to deal with union mindsets and personnel.
Great safety principles and environment. Good compensation and benefits
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
short term work
Poor management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 November 2016
Ceda offers decent pay and benefit packages , but they do not make up for the lack of job security, the fact Ceda has no loyalty to its employees( you are just a number) and it's inferior leaders.
Ceda is lead by the most incompetent management team I have ever experienced , there is constant petty bickering between managers at all levels ,they are self serving and one-upping each other seems to take president over running the company.
Ceda had difficulty turning a profit when times were good, now with the economic down turn I feel they are doomed - avoid this company unless you simply need to use it as a stepping stone to a career in a company with a better future .
Pros
Pay, Benefits and work/life balance
Cons
safe place to work but no faith in long term workers
Contract Administrator / Project Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2016
Typical day at work included safety talks, which is a strength of the company.
After moving around within the company at various jobs due to constant changes from management, my position was terminated.
Hardest part of the job was realizing that no matter how loyal you may be you are just a number.
The field experience was the best part of the job.
Pros
Safety program
Cons
Loyalty counts for nothing
Overall , Great place to work !
Vac Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2016
Rigging up hoses to reactors
Cleaning out refractory
Running trucks, wet vac and supersukers
High Pressure water , Ran exchanger high pressure cleaning equipment
Good team work
What I like the best was there attitude to safety ! Very Professional
Pros
Lots of overtime
Equipment Operator
Dredge Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 September 2016
Fuelling equipment, pumps and machinery.
Camp work for the most part.
Working within and outside the plant.
Usually Industrial work with long hours.
Good Company to work for
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB21 September 2016
Working with the RFO group commissioning F phase for start up and operation. Good group of workers to work with and a great camp to stay at and good food.
poor management sarnia
Helper (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 September 2016
it used to be a good place to work since the new manager took over it is going down hill fast i would not recommend anyone to apply to hear.they don't care if you sit at home and starve
Pros
money is good if there is work
Cons
not much work
productive place to work
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  syncrude fort mcmurray30 August 2016
co- workers were a great group to work with, a typical day at work started with meeting with my supervisors then check in on the night shift at shift change the meetings with the client go to each site to check with my employees conference call in the aternoon with my managers meeting with safety completed paper work .
Ok company to work for.
Dry/Wet Vacuum Truck operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
Not a bad company to work for, not a great one either. Training program was excellent and informative. Got several tickets I can take to other jobs. Issues with payroll, didn't get one paycheck that was correct, although they fixed it in the end.
Pros
Great training program
Cons
Lack of communication from leadership, continual issues with payroll.
Great place to work because of the people
Team Lead, IT Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
Worked a CEDA for almost 2 years. I very much enjoyed working for CEDA and really have nothing negative to say. The people I worked with were awesome from reception all the way to VP's. Everyone always had the time to talk and treated everyone with respect. Hardest part was leaving such a great place but in the end the price of oil sealed the fate of many of us. I will always look back at CEDA as one of my highlights of my career.
Pros
The people, the work schedule, the benefits
Cons
The price of oil affects the bottom line
good company to work for
Class 3 Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 May 2016
i have worked with ceda for 4 years and i have to say that the company is good to work for and the crew is great and the supervisors are great to work with i loved worked with the crew and we all was worked together.
Great Company To Work For
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 May 2016
Enjoyed working with the company,always had the tools you needed for a job. Thought about you and your family in time's of need,great work experience.
Pros
Great respect
Cons
None cC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEDA International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9