CEDA International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing place to work and I got to travel and go out of my job scope to become more of a valued employee !
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2012
Pros: so many pro's to mention but we did celebrate birthdays every month, weekly team meetings, tim horton's coffee runs, lunch in the office with our boss, monthly potluck days.
This company was amazing to work for. They really cared about the individuals in the company. I learned that my job really impacted others in a positive way and the more functional we were as a team the better we helped support operations. My co-workers were great at always teaching me new things when I started and that made me more effective in helping them be more successful at their job. We faced really hard timelines but my boss had always a Can-Do attitude that as a team we worked the extra time to please the customer and that made us successful. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with my boss. She always made coming to work enjoyable and if I could do anything to make her job easier then I jumped at the opportunity to go outside of my job scope to learn more. Her moto was we succeed together. If I made a mistake she never singled me out she would just say we will get it corrected. Management was great when it came to work life balance and started a program for Earned Day Off so once a month we got an extra day off and they were flexible if people had to work at 7am or 8am or 8:30am as long as they worked their full hours. They set up Team Building exercises that were a lot of fun and we got to work with other people from the company to get to know them better. No one made anyone feel less then because of job titles. Always a smile and a chit chat on how we were doing and how pleased they were of the job we had done or were doing.
Reactionary culture which does not practice company core values
Analyst (Former Employee), CubicleAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Many things
This company has so much potential, but sadly that's all it will ever be. CEDA's core values are displayed throughout, but are practiced by very few employees (corporate at least). Yes, low oil prices have placed a fog over this industry in general, but the cancerous middle management at corporate CEDA (that continues to persevere while the head and toes are chopped off) is the real problem. These people are paid much better than industry average, are content to react to whatever issues arise- and to generalize- do not support their direct reports or the executive group. Speaking of, the current executive group is OK, but the CEO is invisible which is crippling considering the shape of the industry and internal turmoil. CEDA needs a leader that can unite the field and corporate personnel once and for all, while putting a kibosh on all the CYA, finger pointing and excuses that stop this company from being the power house it could be. It's a shame really.
Productive, innovative, & educational
Industrial Services Supervisor/Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Typically work a minimum of 8.5 hours, but can reach up to 14 hours a shift.
Days are spent on chemical plant, gas plant, or oil refinery sites.
The position I have has trained me extensively on how to assist on the operation and maintenance of these sites.
I've been trained on many types industrial equipment.
We operate around the clock.
Travel to out of town jobs is also an option which I've enjoyed experiencing.
I've learned a lot from my more experienced co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with extreme weather conditions during a job that needs to be brought to completion.
The most enjoyable part is the constant exposure to continued learning of the industry...
Please read
Truck Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2013
Pros: overtime, benefits, local work
Cons: management, no life, long hour's
CEDA is a good company to work for, great benefits @ 100%. They do pay less than everyone else in this field but they have created a performance plan that does give you up to a 3% raise every year, but has only just started this. Upper management hasn't a clue what actually is going on in the field and is extremely strict to the rules. If they want you fired, they will undoubtedly find any reason to fire you. They will tell you reporting incidents no matter how big or small wont get you fired, but it will get you fired. Site supervisors and workers in the field are great, they will help you if you need help. Supervisors will ask you to break policies and procedures, DO NOT DO THIS no matter what.
Great people and a fun place to work.
Driver-Operator Vacuum Truck, Wet Vac (Former Employee), Ft McMurray, AlbertaJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Fly in/Fly out, Accommodations and meals, overtime pay
Cons: Sometimes there seems to be a disconnect between foremen and the workers.
Ceda is a good company to work for. It has given me the
chance to meet and work with a lot of great people. I like that
that fact that they are focused on safety and seemingly, they
are getting even better to work for as we move forward.
I like our safety talks first thing before shift starts and their
constant reinforcement regarding safety. I have to admit that
it is sometimes a challenge to keep fellow workers focused on
working safely, but working as a team and watching out for each
other helps make our shifts accident free 99.9% of the time.
love working for ceda
dredge operator (Current Employee), fort mcmurray suncorAugust 30, 2014
Pros: everything better money then haul truck drivers
Cons: nothing people on here dont know what there takking about
Love working here good money supervisiors are amazing mangement ive never had a problem with in fact they helped me when i went to them for winter work everyone is friendly you dont feel out of place these people complaining on here are people that probialy got fired for there own stupidy ive worked for alot worse you want to work for a bad place go work for kmc ceda puts them to shame best job i ever had i work for suncor 6502 dfm at suncor and love it apply it would be well worth it for you cant ask for any better in a company
Great experience working at refineries and power plants across the prairies.
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 24, 2012
Pros: great experience, is the reason why i became interested in power engineering.
Cons: dirty work environment, low paying, can be quite labor intensive.
The thing I enjoyed about working with CEDA was that you never knew what you would be doing from day to day. One day I would be cleaning out a tank and the next day hydro-excavating. It was interesting to see how a refinery operates and was lucky to be in parts of the refinery not many people go. During shutdowns I was responsible for cleaning all four 180' reactors on the day crew because I wasn't afraid of heights and many others were not keen on doing that job.
great place to work with good people.
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Conklin, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: always glad to come to work :)
Cons: can be stressful at times
A normal day start anywhere between 6-7 am till 5 pm. I work with a pressue and vac company. Pricing lems, scanning faxing calling people emailing people, Entering in payrol, ordering PPE or parts for michanics, tracking of trucks, revenue\ introdivision. The hardest part of my job would be having to chance down lems that arnt signed or need PO numbers on them. Most enjoyable part is learning somthing new every day. The people i do work with are good people and love to laugh adn joke around.
Sucks the life from you.
Senior operator (Former Employee), Grande prairie, Calgary, Red deer, Fort Mcmurray.October 10, 2012
Pros: when i quit
Cons: everything.
Just keep your eyes and ears open. You will find out over time.
You will be promised the world and be able to get away with things for a while and even given a few perks to keep you there. Don't trust anyone all backstabbers.
High turnover rate for a reason.
It's an ok place to start if you don't have any skills and still need to make some money, but don't let your guard down - unless your family / close friends in cohoots you will just be a number.

March 9, 2013

Agreed! I worked there back in 04-05. Bunch of corrupt people running the place. I suffered a slight eye injury on the job and my supervisor reamed me out for more than 4 hours becasue I went to the medical room in the plant we were working at. The following week another guy got caught smoking on the plant site and got a slap on the hand. They pick favourites and if you;re not one of them you'll ge the dirty jobs. Low pay was my experience too. Seems they picked and chose who they wanted to pay well. Young fellow hired a month after me was getting paid better than me and got more jobs. Manager was corrupt and current manager is no better. stay away if you can!!!!!

no clue
operator (Current Employee), edmontonAugust 18, 2013
Pros: one or two good supervisors at efs.
Cons: lip service, nothing more.
management has no clue, especially in the dredging and dewatering division.
Have lost tons of potential work due to ops manager and project manager being clueless. A couple of the EFS supervisors are great, make it enjoyable to work there. Co-workers all get along well.
Operations manager has no back bone, can screw up without retribution. Could be a great place to work if they got rid of the two people who are holding this division back.
Best group of field workers I've ever worked with. But sadly the management sucks
Everyday Worker (Former Employee), Fort McMurraySeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great field employees to work with
Cons: lying managers
The actual workers at Ceda are great guys/gals. Labours and Operators along with the Formens. Unfortunately that's where it stops. The management is horrible, be it at the work place or corp.
They don't listen the the employees. The manage will tell you 1 thing. But do another.
This company could be great to work for. If they cleaned out the upper manage and put the proper people in place.
Overall very challenging and enjoyable work.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayDecember 27, 2014
Very good company to work for. It offers a lot of growth when you demonstrate good work ethic. It is a challenging job. Constantly problem solving and making decisions very fast. You learn how to manage and deal with high stress environments. You learn how to work alone, safely and efficiently. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to help you if you have any questions.
Fast paced
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 7, 2014
Pros: advanced training opportunities
Cons: long days
Ceda provides an excellent growth opportunity within the Oil and Gas sector for anyone wanting to advance their knowledge within a fast paced environment.

The workplace place was safety focussed and family orientated. I enjoyed my experience with this company.
it was a fun work place. Awsome learning enviroment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 4, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: bus rides from camp to job site.
everyone was great to work with, friendly and nothing you ask is a stupid question.
safety was the biggest concern.
camp life was something getting used to.
Clueless
(Human Resources and Recruitment) (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 28, 2014
Pros: mobile workgroup is a great bunch of guys
Cons: recruitment process
This company advertises a set of core values which it copied off a cereal ox or maybe borrowed from Tony the tiger. No respect for diversity. All talk.
Great Team
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Paid lunch
Cons: Constantly changing schedules and management
Liked working with this group of people and would recommend working here to anyone. good salary and you can work with leaders to get time off when you need it.
strangely run company
Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 12, 2015
Process' s and organization is definitely lacking.
Management was unapproachable. It is common place for people to pass the buck. Job security is non existent right now as are most oil companies.
Very good companies
Ceda Pipefitter Lead Cenovus Start-up (Former Employee), Cold Lake CenovusFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good saloary
Cons: 14 hours a day
Lots of stress but a good job very inexperienced company in commissioning the company just changed hands BFL to Ceda they had trouble getting tradesmen
not a condusive to quality of life place to work
Hydrovac/Vacuum truck Operator (Current Employee), Regina, SKNovember 18, 2015
looking for a career with advancement opportunities that are not available here. Management and corporate are on different pages and not likely to change
Training, management and co workers great to work with
Seasonal Labourer (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaMay 12, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: seasonal work
Ceda is a very knowledgeable company and training is done always to protect workers; the company pays well and there are long hours but that's good.
Headquarters