CDW Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Right team, Wrong leadership.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2015
PROS: As a seasoned sales representative, i was shocked to find out i would be part of a family of over 100 sales employees. After a few weeks i realized that it made sense. Not everyone can sell and it's more about quality workers who can make them the most money. I was told from current employees that CDI is a commission based company that is in there highest peak.Unfortunately sometimes things do not work out. In my case, a learning experience.

I was organized into a team. Each team had a "Team-Lead". Fortunately my team lead was resourceful and always willing to help secure a my sales. Company seems to be headed in the right direction.

CONS:1. "Process" should be the companies slogan. My daily interactions included waiting on getting pricing and inventory available to sell. What typically takes 4-8 hours took anywhere from days to a few weeks for simple answers.

2. Pointless meetings. Wow, never in my career have i had so many in a week. Last time i checked, meetings are supposed to motivate and/or solve any potential issues. Thank you to my Team Lead for explaining that they force them on us because of the Sales leaders.

3. My third issue is with the Marketing Lead. First thing, she is very arrogant and not how she appears. I had a simple request for material. Somehow it became everything i did not ask for. The style of marketing is significantly outdated, let's stop overloading unnecessary content at everyone faces. On a bright note, the marketing admin's are accommodating. They are young and energetic. My main sales are credited to the the newsletters – more... they create, wonderful work. I've witnessed the Marketing Leads bullying, especially with her own team. Someone should do something about it. Replace the Marketing Lead, simply not fit for the position.

4. The Sales Manager has the right leadership qualities, They need more like him. More focus on reality, not unrealistic goals. – less
Great corporate environment!
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
This is a great Fortune 500 company to launch a sales-driven career!