CDW

CDW Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great corporate environment!
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
This is a great Fortune 500 company to launch a sales-driven career!
Great place to learn the ropes in IT sales with room for advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 23, 2015
Great work environment and an excellent place to work for those looking for a career in IT sales.
Fun but no room for growth
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, free lunches from vendors, great location
Cons: low change for promotion, low pay for expected work.
This company has a great culture for 20 somethings. The main issue is with growth, there is no room for it.
Had changed over the years
TSM (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILDecember 30, 2014
CDW was a great place to work for. I started in 2000 it was a wonderful place. But for about the past five years it has changed and they treat the office people awful. There is management in departments that have no background in that area. While I would suggest that they are trying to improve that they would look at management teams and better match them up.
productive work place
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: benefits, micromanaged
Good job, poor benefits, no upward mobility.

A lot of responsibility

Low comission
Great Company
Senior Account Executive / Commercial Reseller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good group of people and products
Cons: big corporate mentality
Very professional corporation with great people to work with. Quota driven with flexible management style. Always working against last years number and pays well with achievement.
Revolving Door
Account Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: vendor events
Cons: compensation structure
Set up to fail. Management has favorites. No option for advancement.
good
Gross Profit Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Mettawa, ILNovember 28, 2014
Great opportunities within the organization. Work environment is pretty fun on both sales and corporate side.
Easy going but uncomfortable
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILNovember 25, 2014
The Upper management (supervisor and above) are very supportive of temps and CDW employees and have a great and mature personality. Easy going and easy to work with, very friendly and are able to meet your needs.I always feel relived when they come and check in. As for the Lower management (Team leads and below) they do not know what they are doing. Its a shame that most of the time you have to report to a set up "leaders" that 1. have no sense on how to do their job right. 2. will blame you for a mistake they have made. 3. giving no regard to respect and will make it publicly known that they are scolding you.
The work i'm doing is the only thing that's encouraging me to stay in such hostile, uncomfortable work environment. I am very tolerable person, I will admit and own up to my mistakes and assure that they won't happen again.
I enjoy my co-workers, though to themselves they will give a hand and reach out if you need help, I enjoy working with them. The only enjoyable time is when i get to talk to a supervisor, when i'm going on lunch break, or when i'm working peacefully with my co-worker.
Good overall
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2014
This is a good company. It's just not a good fit for me. CDW sales forced is basically entirely designed for entry level sales people.
Fun Co-workers, lots of phone calls
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
lots of phone calls, talk time, cold calls, and reviewing these daily with management
Our team has been in limbo
Client Services Technician (Current Employee), Fitchburg, WIOctober 24, 2014
Pros: there is generally very little micro management, lunch meetings happen often, benefits are pretty good, coworkers are great
Cons: corporate homogenization
I love the people I work with, but something is missing. I've been trying to advance within the company for the last two years (and I've been here for 4) but have barely been able to get an interview, even with stellar reviews. The branch of CDW I work for was acquired several years before I came here and changes have been rapid. Many of my coworkers are happy, and many are frustrated. I would recommend this company to high level candidates, but avoid it at entry level.
Fun workplace, good source of teamwork, great staff.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: made wonderful friends, hands on experience with computers, and made my typing skills stronger.
Cons: short staffted
Working a CDW was a excellent work experience. Program computers, and making updates was the best part of my job, just due to the fact I love working around computers basically any type of modern day technology.
Excellent
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mettawa, ILOctober 3, 2014
Terrific place to work. CDW really takes care of their employees and provides a super respectful place to work and come to every day.
Cubicle environment with many meetings/calls and lab work with shadow opps. included.
Desktop Engineer/Network Administrator (Former Employee), Ada, MIOctober 2, 2014
A typical day would allow time for lab work certification prep. work. Also I would be involved with customer facing meetings or conference calls on both the design and implementation sides of projects as well as working side-by-side the a senior engineer on site.
Account Manager (Former Employee), SheltonSeptember 23, 2014
Great place to learn sales. Typical day consists of cold calls and sending quotes to new customers. You must continually grow your book of business or it will be difficult to stay more than one year.
CDW
Marketing Operations Senior Manager (Current Employee), Vernon Hills ILSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: middle management comradery
Cons: no room for senior management growth
CDW is a great place to work, I've grown both personally and professionally during my tenure within CDW. Currently, the challenges reside in senior management and the ability to grow into a more refined senior management role. The hardest part is knowing change can be made however there isn't room to grow additional director and VP level roles.
Good IT experience
Enterprise Account Manager - Financial Services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches and happy hours.
Cons: challenging to move up in the sales part of the organization.
Great place start to get your foot in the door of the IT industry. Exposure to various different technologies and vendors. Great job culture, but compensation is low and it's difficult to advance your career in the sales side of the organization.
great co-workers and managers
Tier 1 Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILAugust 25, 2014
Good company to work for. Lots of programs for CDW employees, not so much for temps who have been there for more than a year.
Good work enviornment
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 25, 2014
typical sales environment, good place to work. Coworkers are good and it is a very nice work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About CDW

CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW – Read more