CDW

CDW Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great corporate environment!
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
This is a great Fortune 500 company to launch a sales-driven career!
Fun workplace, good source of teamwork, great staff.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: made wonderful friends, hands on experience with computers, and made my typing skills stronger.
Cons: short staffted
Working a CDW was a excellent work experience. Program computers, and making updates was the best part of my job, just due to the fact I love working around computers basically any type of modern day technology.
Excellent
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mettawa, ILOctober 3, 2014
Terrific place to work. CDW really takes care of their employees and provides a super respectful place to work and come to every day.
Cubicle environment with many meetings/calls and lab work with shadow opps. included.
Desktop Engineer/Network Administrator (Former Employee), Ada, MIOctober 2, 2014
A typical day would allow time for lab work certification prep. work. Also I would be involved with customer facing meetings or conference calls on both the design and implementation sides of projects as well as working side-by-side the a senior engineer on site.
Account Manager (Former Employee), SheltonSeptember 23, 2014
Great place to learn sales. Typical day consists of cold calls and sending quotes to new customers. You must continually grow your book of business or it will be difficult to stay more than one year.
CDW
Marketing Operations Senior Manager (Current Employee), Vernon Hills ILSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: middle management comradery
Cons: no room for senior management growth
CDW is a great place to work, I've grown both personally and professionally during my tenure within CDW. Currently, the challenges reside in senior management and the ability to grow into a more refined senior management role. The hardest part is knowing change can be made however there isn't room to grow additional director and VP level roles.
Good IT experience
Enterprise Account Manager - Financial Services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches and happy hours.
Cons: challenging to move up in the sales part of the organization.
Great place start to get your foot in the door of the IT industry. Exposure to various different technologies and vendors. Great job culture, but compensation is low and it's difficult to advance your career in the sales side of the organization.
great co-workers and managers
Tier 1 Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILAugust 25, 2014
Good company to work for. Lots of programs for CDW employees, not so much for temps who have been there for more than a year.
Good work enviornment
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 25, 2014
typical sales environment, good place to work. Coworkers are good and it is a very nice work environment.
Enjoyed working there
Pick Packer (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good job and benefts
Cons: managment not always aware of what really was happening on the floor
Good place to work with good benefits. Overall, I enjoyed working and learning in a very pace environment. It was crucial that all overnight orders went out on time and accuracy was paramount for CDW
productive workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2014
Cons: short pay, no raise for a while even pas tprobation period
sort items by location for put away. operated powered pallet jack and forklift (sit-down).i learned how to operate powered pallet jack and was learning how to use scanning system for inventory control
Great job, friendly environment and gaining new skills
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJAugust 12, 2014
Answering incoming calls from customers and performing Level 1 technical support to determine what assistance is needed. I've learned a lot about troubleshooting and different hardware products. Co-workers are awesome and knowledgeable, always willing to answer any questions. Hardest part of the job is being somewhat new to all the procedures. Most – more... enjoyable is the atmosphere and the people I work with. – less
Inside Sales
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 28, 2014
Working on the front line of a Fortune 500 company was an excellent experience for me. I was able to jump to the top of my hiring class and prove myself on my team. I started with a $250,000 book of business and built that up to $950,000 over the course of 6 months. I learned how to provide excellent service in the technology industry.
Productive day at cdw
CONFIGURATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Vernon HillsJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working withthe newest technology, working on various projects
Cons: long hours, management was not to fond of employees taking days off
Print out your order and start working on it. i would work on project based orders as such I had a team that I trained on how to preform the job. I would also send emails and enter data on a daily basis.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
I was not able to stay with the company long enough to advance as I would have liked but the perks of the sales job were great! I thought they did an excellent job preparing us for our involvement with discussing our products with clients.
Great company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJuly 9, 2014
CDW was an amazing company to work for and the management staff as well as the other employees were very knowledgeable in their position.
Very fun and energetic environment
Level 2 Configuration Technician (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJune 28, 2014
A busy and energetic team of co-workers.
I learned that rushing is not always good.
We have constant meetings and free donuts every week.
Excellent Training
Solution Architect - Implementation Services (Former Employee), chandler, AZJune 19, 2014
Excellent Training and learning experience at CDW. Many vendor perks like happy hours, sporting events, contests and ways to make a great living.
Very productive, very high in demand, gaining experiences under the technology field.
Technician Configs (Former Employee), North, Las VegasJune 16, 2014
Pros: experiences, that's quite it.
Cons: long hours, poor management, short breaks.
Forget raising a family in your personal life at home. You'll spend more time at work than with your kids and spouse. Coworkers are friendly, well only those who are temps since you see different faces every 2-3 months. I see a few comments that managements are great people, but through my expectation you're being deceived. They make you feel welcome – more... at first then the true nature exposes when your nothing but a tool working hard for them to reach their quota. Have I forgot to mention "favoritism." If you plan to work here, expect high demand of work. I am talking thousands and thousands of huge orders. Very repetitive, the challenge wares off when you realize déjà vu.

My only pros in this department is certification. Starting pay isn't that great but with every certs you obtained, you get a dollar raise, a maximum of 3 which boosts you just enough to survive this poor economy. Advancements are slim in CDW when it comes to department transfers. Best to take your certifications outside the company and make a lot more. – less
Sales Account Management
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2014
Fun sales environment in downtown Chicago. Provide quoted and orders of all IT product offering

1 2 3 4 5

About CDW

CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW – Read more