CDS

• Salary/Benefits
Fun communicating work place
Sales adviser (Former Employee), Middleton, WIMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management was getting rough on thier employments
A typical day is setting out as much sample and satisfying every customer who walks by. I learned about may product reviews and about the nutrition facts about food to give the customers what they needed. Management was an overall good manager but quite picky for employments. The hardest part of the job is multitasking on a busy weekend. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is meeting new people everyday and getting to know them just by engaging with them. – less
Productive work environment, ability to enhance customer service skills
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), marylandApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work involves preparing food cart for vendor products to be demonstrated

I have learned how to deal with customers and their overwhelming requests for more samples

Management is a major source to our working environment

Co-workers are well rounded team members willing to assist as needed

The hardest part of the job is preparation – more... and breakdown of cooking station

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a diverse population of customers – less
enjoyed working outside
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGApril 28, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: working in bad weather
Working outside, tarmacking, laying roads,Digging footings.
team work and hard work
Working in the freezing weather
The finished product
a challenging atmosphere
Sales ambassador (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTApril 14, 2014
Pros: experience, competitive, get to try new things, first person to know about sales
Cons: short breaks, no advancement, no benefits
I enjoyed my time working for CDS. the most enjoyable part of my job was trying new things and being competitive with sales and sales goals. i enjoyed working with the customers of costco. there is no room for advancement , or any benefits and is only part time but it is the perfect second job.
Great for students
Sales Adviser (Current Employee), Cypress, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: standing on your feet for 6 hours
This job allows for flexible work schedule, which is great for students and those looking for part time employment.
Enjoy working with some foods
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIApril 7, 2014
Pros: consistent shifts
Cons: no health care, part-time employment
During my time at CDS I've learned how to sell the product and talk with members. The manager is easy to talk to. My co-workers are helpful with assisting me to set up my demonstrations. The hardest part of my job is continuing to smile when the members are being rude. The most enjoyable part of my job is answering the members questions about the demonstrations.
Hard worker
Production Worker (Current Employee), Edwardsvillie,Ill.April 2, 2014
Is fast pace everybody works together.Steady work.12 hour shift 5/5
COULD BE BETTER
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 1, 2014
Its hard to work with individuals who don't not respect co-workers. Alot of co-workers believe they're better than the next when were supposed to be a team. Supervisor favoritzes. Hours are less than part time.
sales benefits of leaning
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), greensboro ncMarch 23, 2014
Pros: pay was great
Cons: hours was not
very exciting day ...loved to talk and grasp shoppers attentions and educate and teach and demosate many products that they may not been aware of \
Good pay and easy work
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: many empty hours of standing around
Each day followed essentially the same formula. I would receive information and instructions on how to sample the demo product that given day. (recipe, ingredients, cooking instructions, how to serve, etc.) I would then proceed out to the sales floor, set up my personal demo cart and serve the product to customers.

The most challenging part of the – more... job was persuading customers to purchase the product after sampling. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was working with my co-workers whom were all superbly pleasant and good hearted people who were always willing to help out. – less
Fun dealing with customers
Demonstrator (Current Employee), Wharton, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Very flexible for single parent. Great gang to work with. Management is very easy going.
Fun place, not very structured.
Sales (Former Employee), Grandville, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: not fair, unprofessional
Its a fun place, although hours are fairly distributed and management isn't very professional, they don't do their job, sit in the office and play on the computer and on their phones.
Provider
provider (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: nothing yet
Get along w everyone learned to not pay attention to rumors, management is great, coworkers help one another when in need if there is any one around that is, adjusting to patient is the hardest, and if you are not used to transfers then that would be the hardest. Love my job I Will always stay friend with my surroundings we need more people like this – more... around – less
Home Health Care
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: one of the cons of the job is the hours being cut.
I arrive at patient house, prepare breakfast and lunch for their dayhab. Take her blood pressure and assist with medication. Daily exercising and medical record taking. I have learned more about medical recording and the importance of it. I work alone so it makes the job more challenging because I am dependent on myself. Its all a learning experience. – more... The hardest part of my job is my really nothing. I enjoy everyday of my job. I just would like some new challenges and more experience in the healthcare field. – less
CDS- CONSUMER DIRECTED SERVICES OF TEXAS- Disability Services
care giver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: becomeing an important part of a families life.
•a typical day at work
I was a care giver for a cardiac patient , monitored and helped with daily activities. Transported and assisted mom with taking patient to and from specialist and medical facilities.
•what you learned
every patient and family member is important and fragile , great consideration in delivering your services must be done in a professional – more... and caring way.
•management
scheduled and made sure of patients daily activity was in place.
•your co-workers maintained a professional relationship at all times.
my co workers- friendly and
•the hardest part of the job
when patient was ill , family members get tired and frustrated , my job was to help patient get well and reassure family members, getting them through the toughest moments of their lives.

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Seeing the smile on the patient and family members , see peace in their faces and hearts. – less
ok
food demonstrator (Current Employee), Glen Mills, PANovember 18, 2013
Pros: customers were great
Cons: hours not to be depended on
co-workers friendly and easy to work with most of them.The hardest part of the job was an inconsistent schedule of hours and their dependability. Most enjoyable part was serving customers. and talking with them about different products

April 8, 2014

hours sure cannot be depended on. customers very pleasant. Management show favoritism with hours and alot of partiality. Good Luck!

Nice work place
Sale Advisor (Current Employee), Augusta, GANovember 14, 2013
I enjoy working for CDS but I need something with benefits and to be full-time
Productive work environment, ability to enhance customer service skills
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Beltsville, MSNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: part time
A typical day with Club Demonstration Services begins with preparing of demonstration, executing the required services, interacting with store members while promoting the demo product, having a sales pitch to bring the members to a decision of buying the product.

I have learned to be able to anticipate the needs of members giving 100% of my attention, – more... being a team player with co workers assisting them as needed

the hardest part of the job is preparation of products being demostrated.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the members displaying a repertoire of the position – less
Fun Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2013
Pros: get to sample new products, meet new people
Cons: can't wear jewlery, paint your nails and no theme days like for breast cancer or cardinals
You start off setting up your work station so that Costco customers may sample your demo. This gives the consumer the ability to taste the product before purchasing. It is amazing how many people will buy the product because of this opportunity.
You learn how to approach people and make them comfortable enough to try the products.
Management is always – more... available for questions or concerns.
Co-workers range in age from 19 - 88. There are multiple personalities and everyone gets along.
The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy all of the time.
I most enjoy meeting people, talking and promoting the assigned product. – less
i like it
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Hanover, MDSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: no healthcare
Cons: 11.50 per her
management am not sure,talking to people is fun and hardest is getting people to buy!