CCI Thermal Technologies Employee Reviews in Canada

Most;y good environment
MECHANICAL DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONAugust 28, 2015
The best thing about CCI Thermal is the employee base. With the exception of my direct manager they are a great bunch of people, easy to get along with and pleasure to work with.
Working hours are very reasonable
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
Office Politics
good paced work and fun to learn
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONAugust 7, 2014
overall is a good place to work. i really enjoy the people that work there, they are all friendly . i learned alot of stuff about how coils are made and how the heaters work, also what different components do. the hardest part can be getting orders out on time with so many orders coming in, the most enjoyable part is being able to have a good time at work and still stay focused .
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
only 2 breaks, half hour total
Fun, fast paced enviroment with good people
Help Desk/Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2012
I would get into work and change the server tapes and look at the daily emails to see what needed to get done. I would respond to any issues users were having as well as maintain the servers, printer, computers, and other hardware to make sure they were up to date and fully operational. The biggest downfall was that this was the first job in my career field and i didn't have much hands on training and i wasn't really getting shown how to do what needed to be done quick enough in my opinion.
Pros
small company, great people, great hours
Cons
training was not all there, not much to do some days
Loved Working Here!!!
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2013
A typical day at work involved first starting with a brief employee meeting. This is where I learned tons of great, useful facts about the company. Did they mention they were in the top 50 best managed companies in Canada? (I think they're either number 1 or 2. I can't remember.)

After this, I would change the daily backup tapes. This was probably my favorite thing to do, because it gave me pride in knowing that if there ever was a data "disaster/failure", those tapes would definitely have saved the company. All of the servers ran well and were current, and we never experienced any downtime whatsoever.

I spent some of my day reviewing the Exchange Mail Log Files, the Spiceworks inventory database, and EventTracker to ensure the other administrators were honest and doing their job diligently. And in my entire time employed, I did not experience any breaches of ethics or integrity. Even when my fellow employees had the chance to view sensitive data, they didn't. Everyone minds their own business, and only focuses on the jobs they are doing.

My other favorite aspects of the job involved interacting with my managers. They are really nice guys, very well educated and experienced with IT. I always felt welcome discussing new ideas, and their conflict resolution abilities were amazing. They made me feel welcome... like I was a valuable member of the team.

I learned a whole ton of stuff, they taught me how to document work processes, how to analyze network traffic using wireshark, Wifi security/testing, how to make Cat 5/6 cables, and the list goes on and on. What didn't I learn
  more... is a more appropriate question!

I got along with all of the management. They liked me because I was a "yes man", and I told them everything they wanted to hear. No complaints whatsoever. I always received great advice, and life coaching.

My fellow co-workers were all very hard working and dedicated to their positions. The majority were already trained in basic IT support, so I really didn't have a lot to do for most of the day. They tried not to disrupt too much, and always had intelligent questions and comments.

This company really values IT, and realizes its the life blood of any company. No wonder they have some of the best talent around! They also pay above average for their industry, with fantastic wages... they really love to share the wealth.

The hardest part of the job? Being on call 24/7. Having to answer my cell phone at 3AM to reset passwords.

The most enjoyable part of the job? I felt support from my department to always do my best.. they were even willing to pay for schooling and text books. They always left me alone to do my job, and never interfered. If I had an idea, they always improved upon whatever I presented. I learned that my way isn't always the best idea, and they always saved me from failure.

If I ever needed help, they were always there to guide and mentor me. They could do the job without me there, but chose to employ me because they wanted to give a young adult a chance at a long-lasting career. Thanks for the opportunity, god bless!
Pros
salary/wage, bonuses, great fast food near by.
Cons
didn't spend time outside of work with my managers.