CBRE Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Excellent work experiance
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2013
Typical day would start in office and then would involve site visits or customer meetings usually later in the day.
I learned the land requirements for many industries involved in commercial real estate. I enjoyed working with all divisions to help secure the right property for their clients. I found the work very stimulating and exciting.
The hardest part of the job was managing my cash flow. Land sales have a long sales cycle.
The most enjoyable was almost everything else.
Pros
Clients
Cons
long sales cycle
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 July 2013
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
Pros
Pay & benefits good. Comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons
You're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
Cbre
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2013
The management of my particular department and my coworkers were great. Having said that, the people we served made working there, on the whole, a complete and utter nightmare. One should not dread having to go to work in a hostile environment and sadly the management of my department did little to stop it. One can call it the pitfalls of working in real estate.
Pros
(Usually) decent hours, competent team
Cons
Hostile environment for support staff.
Creative environment
Administrative Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 May 2013
Assessed client needs and developed customized solutions to ensure consistent satisfaction
Supported financial operations in accounts payable
Assisted a team of three Senior Designers with a variety of administrative tasks
Commended for exceptional organizational aptitudes, professionalism, and enthusiasm
Pros
Creative Freedom
Cons
Contract with no room for advancement
productive& fun, interest to work
Senior Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  TORRONTO5 April 2013
Good to work with CBRE, there was a lot of support from the management team.
Pros
encouragement
learned experience
Construction and opertions Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec7 February 2013
Private company large building operations, not very good at training new personnel
Pros
salary
Cons
very hard to get team together.and keep team together.
Fast Paced work environment with great company culture.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day in my position at CBRE which is part of the fun. Priorities change on the fly as clients need various reports/information etc. Very fast paced stimulating environment where my ability to multi-task and problem solve worked to my advantage. I throughly enjoyed all the challenges and the work environment at CBRE, my co-workers and team members are all amazing people and we are a very cohesive unit and family.
Pros
free lunches, dinners, sporting event tickets
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
Good relationship with managers and co-workers
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke28 December 2012
I learned how to manage my time in dealing with priority job.
Long hours with not a lot of rewards
Client Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2012
I am currently employed at CBRE Limited Toronto West a commercial real estate brokerage. However, I am interest in exploring other career options. My confidence in my qualification comes from my two years of work experience with one of the top performing industrial teams in Ontario. My daily activities ranged from creating proposals and disposition templates, along with the constant updating of branding changes. I have created and designed several sign requests and signage drafts. Everyday activity mainly focused on the creation of marketing flyers, newspaper ads, reporting letters for client, drafting and coordinating offers. I also have experience with property inspections, scheduling and coordinating property tours. I am highly proficient in Microsoft Office as well as adobe illustrator and reader. I work well independently as well as in a team atmosphere. One of my strongest attributes would be my desire to learn any skill until perfected. I can multi task or delegate well to complete the required project.
Pros
the odd free lunch or left overs from a meeting
Cons
not a good environment to grow as an assistant or in marketing
great work environment.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  vancouver24 October 2012
Currently I held the tile of Assistant Facilty Manager and main responsiblities include addressing all the client requests pertaining to faciltiy issues.