CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2014
CBRE has taught me so much about self management, executive level support and multi-tasking.
Productive workplace
Administive Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Fast pace work environment
Great collegues
Productive workplace
Quality ,caring company to work for
Critical Facility Engineer at One Bryant Park (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: quality health benefits, clean enviroment and good training for all aspects of work
My work day usually starts with a shift hand off meeting with the leaving shift. During which all changes to the Critical Systems being gone over. From there I could be the watch engineer or the building rounds person. Every month I am responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment, which could be pumps,fans,Crac units, cooling towers etc. I – more... have been certified in OSHA 10 hour course, I posses a Universal Refrigerant card from the EPA. The most enjoyable part i find at this position is the fact that the environment is a 24x7x365 no down time facility making it critical to the client. – less
Good company to work for.
BUILDING ENGINEER (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: allowed to work at your own pace within time guidelines.
Cons: i was traveling out of my work area for too long.
This company gives you the ability to work without close supervision; you must be a self starter. All of my co-workers were excellent knowledgeable people who did not hesitate to assist when needed.
Work orders were received electronically via a tablet.
Recently Acquired
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Company is large. Very specialized in many departments.

My day is spend managing broker expectations conducting financial analysis, market research and one-off projects.

Information does not move freely within the organization.

Very horizontal leadership.
CBRE is a great company.
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: i was way from my family.
A typical day at CBRE was going to visit every bank that I was in charged to see if everything was working Properly. I would Perform Preventative maintenance on heating & cooling units.
good work place
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJanuary 20, 2014
managed daily office responsibilities. The office was small and intimate, which made getting work done, fast and efficient.
Very good company
Technical Operations Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 30, 2013
Great employer . CBRE is the leader in the Facilities management industry
Good company to learn and grow
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GADecember 22, 2013
Great company to grow professionally with. The company is willing to invest in your career.
CBRE
Technician (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many layers
I enjoy my job at CBRE since it allows me to do many different things so each day is different. I enjoy the people that I work with and the location of my office. I have learned that management in a large corporation is very different that a smaller company. I always thought that I was a team player but working for CBRE, I have found out that one is – more... a part of multiple small teams which make up a large team and your leaders may change at anytime. – less
Fun enjoyable place to work with a good work life balance
Valuations Surveyor (Former Employee), Dublin, CADecember 13, 2013
Enjoyable place to work with a good atmosphere. People were very friendly and good fun to be around while still being very productive.

Management were also very approachable. Career progression would have been difficult however as the company was only offering rolling contracts at the time when there.
Absolutely no training
Assistant Commercial Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), UnknownDecember 12, 2013
There was 0 training provided and no one likes to answer any questions that you may have pertaining to the job.
Great co-workers, payroll was consistent
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: paid parking
Cons: certain oriented groups given preferred treatment over others
Very busy environment, typically more work to do than days in a week. Challenging assignments.
A day in the life of a Research Analyst at CBRE
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 8, 2013
825 am
-Arrive
-Get a cup of coffee from the breakroom
830 am
835 am
- Enter confidential files into a database
1100 am
-Research properties for sale in ABQ area & enter into a database
-Lunch: 1 Hour
130 pm
- Gather data for a request made by a broker
-research
-gather
-organize and prepare data in Excel
-present to Broker
330 – more... pm
- Work on a large scale computer software project gathering tenant data on all the major buildings in designated areas.
530 pm
- Go home for the night – less
Decent place to work
Engineering Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: manager micromanaged excessively
Manager micromanaged the team excessively The work was easy and A lot of downtime
Very fast paced environment
Global IT Service Desk - SIT Desk - Sr Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: provided tools to complete the job
Cons: had to wait forever to get your credentials. poor management of service desk.
A typical night on the "Global" desk was very fast paced and had a wide variety of issues nightly. Handled all issues from the entire globe for CBRE and built rapport with numerous executives across the world.
Collaboration and Innovation
Operations and Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 22, 2013
Pros: mentorship programs
Cons: benefits
CBRE is very big in continual innovation, which is something I really enjoyed. They provide resources necessary within capacity to keep themselves as leader in their industry.
Excellent Work Environment
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2013
Great place to work if you're a self starter. Great benefits and great company.
New Management is Not Military (National Guard) Friendly
Take over as Lead on shift, then Maintenance Chief (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 19, 2013
Pros: i got recognized on veteran's day
Cons: no make time for military duty if i have less than forty
My old manager was Army Reservists and understood the duty of an active military veteran.
strong organization but client drives decisions
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2013
Cons: salaries mediocre to low
Poor on boarding training. Considerable reporting to document success and value to client. Client scope drives activities which can conflict or miss activities that should be managed. Contract drives focus.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicación, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more