CBRE Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Loving place
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2015
I like working at CBRE Limited because it is fun workplace and everyone is given a chance to express their views and ideas regarding improvement of the Process to achieve positive results , no matter at what position you are working.

High level management is easily accessible and take out time to listen to their employees.
Good place to work. Dedicated people to work with. Management supported
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2015
Good equipment with a great IT department. Some new project management systems not tested to fullest capacity which made it difficult to work efficiently. Dealt with client and contractors a lot which made it interesting. Enjoyed learning the new systems and interacting with trainers and co-workers.
Pros
Not often free lunches but co-workers tried out new places for lunch, always learning something new.
Cons
Uncertainty with client reaction especially when contract renewal time came up.
Very quick paced, stimulating and fun place to work.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  20 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario20 February 2015
Extensive work with computer systems.
Beta testing new invoicing/project management system.
Creating and analysing reports
Learned new project management system

Management was very supportive and worked on boosting morale.

Co-workers worked as a team, very helpful and encouraging

The new system did not have all the bugs out and was being changed constantly

Creating and analysing reports and dealing with clients and coworkers in other departments.
Pros
Lots of training in computer systems. Impromptu get togethers. Co-workers
Cons
Client contracted for a fixed term. Could cancel services at the end of contract.
Wonderful Management Team
Real Estate Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario5 February 2015
We are a fast paced office environment with 4 office buildings, 2 industrial and over 50 tenants on my portfolio. I work closely with the Property Manager, Canadian Director Asset Services and 3 Building Operators.

I work both in the office and in the field.

May days in the office would consist of both A/P and A/R, tenant / contractor communication, financial statements, leasing correspondence, and service requests.

Weekly site visits are to meet with the Building Operators,coordinate building inspections and meet with the tenants.
Pros
Excellent co-workers and working environment
Cons
Too far of a commute
Large US Based Company
Manager, Information Technology Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ont26 January 2015
Good company, but many functions are now US controlled. The company has essentially 2 division Corporate Brokerage and Facility Services
Good group of Management and staff members and flexible hours
Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 August 2014
Handle the site selections for our client in locating premium locations within the Ontario region.
Worked closely with Landlords in negotiating the offers to lease and the leases and coordinating work required to be completed for the with the project managers.
Complete renewals on behalf of our client and ensure that the deals are within the budgeted perameters.
CBRE cultivates growth
PROJECT MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE ONTARIO (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 August 2014
I have worked at CBRE since I was a co-op student. They have allowed my professional growth through succession planning, which I am forever grateful.
CBRE does a great job of training and promoting their employees.
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2014
I've learned many valuable transferable skills at CBRE and the work environment is fun and friendly.
Flexible Hours
Manager Client Accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2014
The management is very professional and work culture is open.
Pros
Free Lunches
great company
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2014
As a member of a real estate board, you also become a member of the BC Real Estate Association and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Only members of CREA are entitled to call themselves REALTORS®.
Fun workplace, social, interesting and varied work
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2014
I process all commercial real estate sale transactions from start to finish. I respond to a high volume of emails and phone calls and requests. The hardest part of my job is ensuring that all deadlines are met for month end. The most enjoyable part of my job is the social side - we are like a family.
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 May 2014
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone.
Pros
Great Benefits, Paid Vacation, Shift Premiums
Cons
Long Hours, Shift Work, Bad work/life balance
Flexible and professional workplace
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2014
Allowed employees to work from home, highly flexible for permanent employees. Well-mamaged and modern office facilities downtown. Great place to work.
Enjoyed my time there
Facilities Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2014
I had a great time working at CBRE great way to get into the Facilities Service Industry.
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 January 2014
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Pros
Good company to be with.
Cons
unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Process pmts, invoices, chqs etc.
A/P Analist/Clerk (Current Employee) –  toronto on25 December 2013
Productive but not fun workplace, processisng pmts, print chqs, log. Electronic wire transfer, working with different systems
Pros
nothing
Cons
not professional management
Excellent Workplace
East Region Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2013
Working for CBRE Limited taught me an incredible amount of information relating to the project management profession. The knowledge and commitment put forth by management was exceptional and as an employee, it assisted me in gaining the experience needed to move forward with my future endeavors. The most difficult aspect of the position I held was the work/life balance, but over time, I was able to figure out how to go about balancing both efficiently. Unfortunately, the decrease in project load led to cut backs, however, I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
exceptional staff, management, and overall atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, salary
Fun and full-filling place to work
Project Administrator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2013
Typical day at work was never typical. Working with live construction projects every day was different.
I learned how to work hard under strict deadlines and build lasting relationships with my colleagues.
Hard part of the job was the unpredictability of the workload when problems would arise in the projects.
The most enjoyable part was the variety of each day and the job satisfaction in completing tasks on time and on budget.
Decent job
Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Region3 October 2013
Lot's of driving. Way too much time entering work orders and emails and other PC work. Frustrating when I can not actually do Electricians work because power can't be shut off usually because it will disrupt Clients business or no labels on breaker panels. Grateful for work and thankful for support from Manager and Team leader as well as co-workers. Very satisfying when I can complete a Work Order and satisfy the client.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Too much PDA PC work
very low moral not a fun place to work
SERVICE ENGINEER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 October 2013
CBRE are an American Company and it's all about the bottom line.
very top heavy with bad communication from Executive level down
Pros
Cons
very long hours on call 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.