CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very challenging in a new environment.
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: learning everyday.
Cons: being a sub contactor.
We work so hard to keep this 80 year old building running without any down time or adverse effect on the client. Impleneting upgrades and processes is exciting, seeing them in action is satisfying.
Needs fresh blood
Admin (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 7, 2014
Environment was extremely stale. There was no creativity and folks always seemed to be looking over their shoulders. Also, the folks could use a class in diversity.
Profession electrical engineer having 2 year of experience as shift engineer in high rise buildings
Electrical Shift Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJuly 4, 2014
 Troubleshooting in maintenance of electrical systems which include Diesel Generators(2250KVA & 1010KVA), Transformers(2000KVA two nos at 11KV/105A – 433V/2667A), LV & HV switch gears VFD, UPS & lighting control in high rise building
 Duties will be at the Tower handling the day to day problems and looking after the maintenance staff detailed at the – more... tower, i.e. MEP/ Electrical, sewage treatment plant, RO plant..
 Deal with emergency breakdowns as they occur.
 Handling the Electrical maintenance of plant & machinery and electrical installation work.
 Identifying areas of obstruction/breakdowns and taking steps to rectify the equipments.
 Troubleshooting problems related to Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
 Maintain operating efficiency of electrical motors.
 Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Repaired equipment utilizing knowledge of electronics and used standard test instruments.
 Supervise Installation and repairing wiring, fixtures and equipment for all electrical services following blueprints and wiring diagrams. – less
Good Company
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Sandston, VAJuly 1, 2014
Good company with good pay. Benefits are not all that great. Management is supportive of employees.
NOT a good place to work!
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2014
Pros: pay was great.
Cons: poor leadership, unprofessional business practices, unreasonable expectations
New team members are thrown into the workplace with little to no training. Expectations are unreasonably high from day 1. Mundane data gathering tasks are consistently given to team with very short due dates. This makes it almost impossible to complete the required duties of the job. Regional Directors seem to be more interested in protecting their – more... own existence instead of leading and encouraging their team. 24/7 work week required to even come close to meeting the expectation. If you are not meeting the standard there is no help from above...only criticism.
Avoid this company if at all possible! – less
Chief Engineer/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: benefits
Good Property Management Company. Good place to get a start in facilities engineering management. The people who work for CBRE are great.
Very interesting job
Service Engineer (Former Employee), TampaJune 23, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: very stressfull
working there I worked alone with no help when needed but was on the road a lot covered other banks and had to assist my co worker a lot. Management was not very knowledgeable.
This is not a good company to work for
stationary engineer (Current Employee), TulsaJune 19, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management, benefits
They will tell you anything to get you to come to work there but will look you in the eye and lie to you about how they take care of their guy's. That's not true. Also you have very little direct access to human resources for questions or concerns they are even in the same state. The supervisors that I worked with had less experience than I do but you – more... don't know anything your experience is insignificate. Also the supervisors will shake your hand and tell you that they are better than others because? I made the biggest mistake of my career working for CBRE. – less
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
Training was very good and me feel this was a great place to benefit
Supervisors tend to be on hand when needed. Work Loads have been doubled. Tasks can be over whelming at times.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: working independently. free to accomplish tasks without question.
Cons: heavy work loads, tasks generally not assigned to my classification, completion dates are very short.
Complete assigned tasks and any service requests submitted by the clients. Check and maintain equipment needed for day to day building operations. Check purchase order submissions and sometimes notify Vendors of impending work needing completion. Order supplies and parts as needed to keep inventory stocked. Maintain updates to my Supervisor of any tasks – more... or projects needing to be completed, assigned, arranged and completed. Maintain grounds, supervise landscaping contractors. Keep in constant contact with Building Administrators concerning any issues they may have. Maintain all Life/ Fire safety equipment and requirements.

Learning: Safely use equipment , tools, personal protective equipment. How to manage time efficiently. Improved customer relations. Maintain a monthly budget. Vendor negotiations.
Management basically leaves me on my own, they are there when they are needed.
Co- workers: When help is needed they are there to help.

Hardest Part:Tasks can be very over whelming. Work load has doubled in the past 8 months. There is a lot more time needed for administrative duties than ever before. The work force needs to be increased due to amounts of monthly tasks needed to be completed by the 16th. of each month. Computer work has been added by almost double so that in some cases work needs to be done at home. Completing tasks generally not assigned to my classification.

Enjoyable part of the job:Making the clients happy and completing some work even before they can alert us to it needing being done. ( Find it first) Maintaining a friendly and enjoyable environment. – less
Not a good company to be employed with.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 9, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: management is not trustworthy
Management is poor at support for local employees. Require 27/7 work week, pressure everyday to complete mundane information task. Do not recognize what is important to the management of facilities.
Productive entry level managerial roll with opportunity to grow
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 6, 2014
Pros: strong communication between facilities and employees
Cons: working alone
The roll of store supervisor of Hampshire Self Storage was the perfect entry level position to grow as a potential facility manager.
CBRE has many areas for opportunity growth
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2014
My former company was acquired by CBRE in 2013. The transition has been very smooth so far.
Great working environment, satisfying job role
Direct Marketer (Former Employee), Melbourne, AUSMay 21, 2014
- great team chemistry
- working closely with the sales agents was hugely beneficial
- respect within the hierarchy
- unforgettable experience
Beneficial
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
Ability to learn cutting edge property management tools. Would recommend anyone to work for this company.
boring, low wage, high stress
Services Administrator (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 19, 2014
I come in everyday at 8 and I don't do anything until 12pm. It's unbearably boring. However, work piles up unexpectedly and managers are unreasonable about deadlines. High stress environment. I don't get paid enough for what I do.
fun workplace
Utility Engineer (Current Employee), Cisco San Jose campusMay 8, 2014
Pros: great work schedual, great people.
Cons: none yet.
Throughout my time spent in my current job I have not only had a great time but have grown my mechanical abilities tremendously. This work environment was also very beneficial to my transition from military to civilian life, with the support of my chain of command at work it was an easier transition and for that i am very grateful.
Team members worked well together.
Contract Administrator Procurement Sourcing (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: ability to work remotely
The team I work on was very close and worked well together. Our Manager was hands on which helped us to be very successful.
Fun workplace with plenty of room for growth.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: free bi-weekly breakfast and a relaxation room
Mostly laid back environment with crunch time being at the end of the month. I learned how to operate PeopleSoft by Oracle to complete simple/complex functions. Management was a bit complicated because there was a lot of supervisors, so it was difficult to decipher which one to listen to. My co-workers were very fond of me, and were sad to see me go. – more... The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the schedule. – less
Great Company overall
Engineering Operations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2014
A typical day begins with a Monday morning conference call followed up with a recap of the weeks deliverables. Tuesday through Thursday is site visits to my region ( All of NC & SC 650 Bank locations)
Friday is one of my office or admin days for approvals,reviews etc.
The hardest part of the job is dividing my time equally to ensure each task has the – more... same amount of attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is preparing an employee for the next level in his or her career and providing the best possible service to our client.I take alot of pride in going above and beyond. – less

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicación, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more