CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
Training was very good and me feel this was a great place to benefit
Supervisors tend to be on hand when needed. Work Loads have been doubled. Tasks can be over whelming at times.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: working independently. free to accomplish tasks without question.
Cons: heavy work loads, tasks generally not assigned to my classification, completion dates are very short.
Complete assigned tasks and any service requests submitted by the clients. Check and maintain equipment needed for day to day building operations. Check purchase order submissions and sometimes notify Vendors of impending work needing completion. Order supplies and parts as needed to keep inventory stocked. Maintain updates to my Supervisor of any tasks – more... or projects needing to be completed, assigned, arranged and completed. Maintain grounds, supervise landscaping contractors. Keep in constant contact with Building Administrators concerning any issues they may have. Maintain all Life/ Fire safety equipment and requirements.

Learning: Safely use equipment , tools, personal protective equipment. How to manage time efficiently. Improved customer relations. Maintain a monthly budget. Vendor negotiations.
Management basically leaves me on my own, they are there when they are needed.
Co- workers: When help is needed they are there to help.

Hardest Part:Tasks can be very over whelming. Work load has doubled in the past 8 months. There is a lot more time needed for administrative duties than ever before. The work force needs to be increased due to amounts of monthly tasks needed to be completed by the 16th. of each month. Computer work has been added by almost double so that in some cases work needs to be done at home. Completing tasks generally not assigned to my classification.

Enjoyable part of the job:Making the clients happy and completing some work even before they can alert us to it needing being done. ( Find it first) Maintaining a friendly and enjoyable environment. – less
Not a good company to be employed with.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 9, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: management is not trustworthy
Management is poor at support for local employees. Require 27/7 work week, pressure everyday to complete mundane information task. Do not recognize what is important to the management of facilities.
Productive entry level managerial roll with opportunity to grow
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 6, 2014
Pros: strong communication between facilities and employees
Cons: working alone
The roll of store supervisor of Hampshire Self Storage was the perfect entry level position to grow as a potential facility manager.
CBRE has many areas for opportunity growth
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2014
My former company was acquired by CBRE in 2013. The transition has been very smooth so far.
Great working environment, satisfying job role
Direct Marketer (Former Employee), Melbourne, AUSMay 21, 2014
- great team chemistry
- working closely with the sales agents was hugely beneficial
- respect within the hierarchy
- unforgettable experience
Beneficial
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
Ability to learn cutting edge property management tools. Would recommend anyone to work for this company.
boring, low wage, high stress
Services Administrator (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 19, 2014
I come in everyday at 8 and I don't do anything until 12pm. It's unbearably boring. However, work piles up unexpectedly and managers are unreasonable about deadlines. High stress environment. I don't get paid enough for what I do.
fun workplace
Utility Engineer (Current Employee), Cisco San Jose campusMay 8, 2014
Pros: great work schedual, great people.
Cons: none yet.
Throughout my time spent in my current job I have not only had a great time but have grown my mechanical abilities tremendously. This work environment was also very beneficial to my transition from military to civilian life, with the support of my chain of command at work it was an easier transition and for that i am very grateful.
Team members worked well together.
Contract Administrator Procurement Sourcing (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: ability to work remotely
The team I work on was very close and worked well together. Our Manager was hands on which helped us to be very successful.
Fun workplace with plenty of room for growth.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: free bi-weekly breakfast and a relaxation room
Mostly laid back environment with crunch time being at the end of the month. I learned how to operate PeopleSoft by Oracle to complete simple/complex functions. Management was a bit complicated because there was a lot of supervisors, so it was difficult to decipher which one to listen to. My co-workers were very fond of me, and were sad to see me go. – more... The hardest part of the job was the volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the schedule. – less
Great Company overall
Engineering Operations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2014
A typical day begins with a Monday morning conference call followed up with a recap of the weeks deliverables. Tuesday through Thursday is site visits to my region ( All of NC & SC 650 Bank locations)
Friday is one of my office or admin days for approvals,reviews etc.
The hardest part of the job is dividing my time equally to ensure each task has the – more... same amount of attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is preparing an employee for the next level in his or her career and providing the best possible service to our client.I take alot of pride in going above and beyond. – less
Dynamic/demanding job
Director Engineering for large Investment Bank (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2014
CBRE is a good employer however position is an outsourced support person and actually work for client and follow all their rules and regs. Job is very demanding and constantly changing. Days fly by.
Great self-marketing machine
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: smart, hard working people. compensation tops in the market.
Cons: 'ethics' sometimes seemed to be more of a business buzz word. limited training, education and mentoring provided.
A lot of bright and talented people. Enjoyed the people that I worked with. Big company which means people can get lost in the shuffle. Seemed to be high turnover in higher positions. In some instances a lot of 'smoke and mirrors' on service products sold to clients. Ethics were highly touted but sometimes not demonstrated by some of those in upper – more... management postitions. – less
My experience has been great with getting support from management for advancement.
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 25, 2014
I worked on a Global Corporate Service account. The client was great and very welcoming of my services. Going to work was always fun and never boring. I always had something to do which would make the days fly by.
Difficult Work Environment
Tenant Coordinator (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 24, 2014
It all depends on which office you are assigned to. Some are fantastic others... not so much. But there is little to no oversight of management.
FUN
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
MANAGED 60 FACILTY AND RPAIRED REFRIGERATION AC HEATING AC
Awesome
Regional Engineering Director (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: career advancement and opportunities
Cons: hiring department
CBRE has a culture of enabling people to perform their best, recognize accomplishments and reward for performance. I would recommend to all top performers.
Associate, Commercial Real Estate Leasing & Sales (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2014
It was great, would recommend this place highly. Trully a remarkable place
great job
Building Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: to many managers
Great job as far as work goes. Management could use some help. but good for the most part.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicaciĆ³n, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more