CBRE Employee Reviews in Canada

great company
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
As a member of a real estate board, you also become a member of the BC Real Estate Association and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Only members of CREA are entitled to call themselves REALTORS®.
Fun workplace, social, interesting and varied work
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2014
I process all commercial real estate sale transactions from start to finish. I respond to a high volume of emails and phone calls and requests. The hardest part of my job is ensuring that all deadlines are met for month end. The most enjoyable part of my job is the social side - we are like a family.
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 21, 2014
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone.
Pros
great benefits, paid vacation, shift premiums
Cons
long hours, shift work, bad work/life balance
Enjoyed my time there
Facilities Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2014
I had a great time working at CBRE great way to get into the Facilities Service Industry.
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Pros
good company to be with.
Cons
unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Excellent Workplace
East Region Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 18, 2013
Working for CBRE Limited taught me an incredible amount of information relating to the project management profession. The knowledge and commitment put forth by management was exceptional and as an employee, it assisted me in gaining the experience needed to move forward with my future endeavors. The most difficult aspect of the position I held was the work/life balance, but over time, I was able to figure out how to go about balancing both efficiently. Unfortunately, the decrease in project load led to cut backs, however, I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
exceptional staff, management, and overall atmosphere
Cons
long hours, salary
Fun and full-filling place to work
Project Administrator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 18, 2013
Typical day at work was never typical. Working with live construction projects every day was different.
I learned how to work hard under strict deadlines and build lasting relationships with my colleagues.
Hard part of the job was the unpredictability of the workload when problems would arise in the projects.
The most enjoyable part was the variety of each day and the job satisfaction in completing tasks on time and on budget.
Decent job
Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Niagara RegionOctober 3, 2013
Lot's of driving. Way too much time entering work orders and emails and other PC work. Frustrating when I can not actually do Electricians work because power can't be shut off usually because it will disrupt Clients business or no labels on breaker panels. Grateful for work and thankful for support from Manager and Team leader as well as co-workers. Very satisfying when I can complete a Work Order and satisfy the client.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
too much pda pc work
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 9, 2013
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
Pros
pay & benefits good. comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons
you're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
CBRE
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2013
The management of my particular department and my coworkers were great. Having said that, the people we served made working there, on the whole, a complete and utter nightmare. One should not dread having to go to work in a hostile environment and sadly the management of my department did little to stop it. One can call it the pitfalls of working in real estate.
Pros
(usually) decent hours, competent team
Cons
hostile environment for support staff.
learned experience
Construction and opertions Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecFebruary 7, 2013
Private company large building operations, not very good at training new personnel
Pros
salary
Cons
very hard to get team together.and keep team together.
Fast Paced work environment with great company culture.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day in my position at CBRE which is part of the fun. Priorities change on the fly as clients need various reports/information etc. Very fast paced stimulating environment where my ability to multi-task and problem solve worked to my advantage. I throughly enjoyed all the challenges and the work environment at CBRE, my co-workers and team members are all amazing people and we are a very cohesive unit and family.
Pros
free lunches, dinners, sporting event tickets
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
Long hours with not a lot of rewards
Client Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2012
I am currently employed at CBRE Limited Toronto West a commercial real estate brokerage. However, I am interest in exploring other career options. My confidence in my qualification comes from my two years of work experience with one of the top performing industrial teams in Ontario. My daily activities ranged from creating proposals and disposition templates, along with the constant updating of branding changes. I have created and designed several sign requests and signage drafts. Everyday activity mainly focused on the creation of marketing flyers, newspaper ads, reporting letters for client, drafting and coordinating offers. I also have experience with property inspections, scheduling and coordinating property tours. I am highly proficient in Microsoft Office as well as adobe illustrator and reader. I work well independently as well as in a team atmosphere. One of my strongest attributes would be my desire to learn any skill until perfected. I can multi task or delegate well to complete the required project.
Pros
the odd free lunch or left overs from a meeting
Cons
not a good environment to grow as an assistant or in marketing
great work environment.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  vancouverOctober 24, 2012
Currently I held the tile of Assistant Facilty Manager and main responsiblities include addressing all the client requests pertaining to faciltiy issues.