CBRE Employee Reviews

No opportunities for advancement
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 February 2017
Ok work life balance. Negative work environment. No chance for promotions. no training. poor management. inside the box thinking. little staff appreciation.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
poor management
Good Company to work for - they cared for their employees
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 November 2016
Enjoyed working at CBRE because the work life balance was amazing. Our office had a certain amount of independence because we were so small. We were able to interface with the client daily and in a less formal atmosphere.
Pros
Life work balance
Cons
Sometimes the distance from head office was challenging when new programs were brought out.
Welcoming work environment
Real Estate Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Good work environment and encouraging management. They helped me develop my skills and increase my knowledge in accounting and property management field.
Business driven
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
This company is a top leading commercial real estate companies in the world. This company has high expectations, and ambitious individuals.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Lack of training
High Productivity
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
At CBRE I’d like to say thank you for the memories, friendship and collaboration in building our Accounting Career for 5 years. I’ve met many of different culture in my travels and many more of them virtually and the corporate culture, work ethic and drive to success was amazing and humbling.
Special thanks to my Accounting team for putting up with me and for their dedication in servicing all of them as well all Clients (RBC , IO, CORP,) who had always partnered with us to achieve this hug high productivity an Accounting Department.
Very fun workplace with jokes, parties (celebrating birthdays,holiday's...)
I will miss them all dearly and wish them all great success in the future.

Very cut throat with no clear guidance from management. You have to play a guessing game to see what they want. Very stressful environment with no direction or career advancement
Pros
celebrating birhtdays, holiday's
Cons
good benifits
learning curve
Present, Building Operator Critical Environment (Current Employee) –  here3 March 2017
extremely demanding and good learning curve good team and work environment couple of a*holes pretending that they know how to be managers but it is dissipated as positive thinking and proactive approach from crew.
Pros
free coffee once a year
Cons
no light a the end of tunel
Systems Coordinator
CMM Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 May 2016
Not very experienced management; gender/age preferences; not many opportunities to grow at least on the account I worked at.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
No reward for loyalty or dedication
great company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2017
one of the largest real estate brokers nationwide. a great company to work at, with lots of team events, being recognized for working hard, and a great atmosphere
Excellent Workplace
East Region Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2013
Working for CBRE Limited taught me an incredible amount of information relating to the project management profession. The knowledge and commitment put forth by management was exceptional and as an employee, it assisted me in gaining the experience needed to move forward with my future endeavors. The most difficult aspect of the position I held was the work/life balance, but over time, I was able to figure out how to go about balancing both efficiently. Unfortunately, the decrease in project load led to cut backs, however, I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
exceptional staff, management, and overall atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, salary
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 May 2014
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone.
Pros
Great Benefits, Paid Vacation, Shift Premiums
Cons
Long Hours, Shift Work, Bad work/life balance
Good company to work for
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Busy environment with high demands on reaching the deadlines.
I learned new information on Property Management field and the challenges are coming with.
Hardest part - communication with the client - Ontario Ministries.
Enjoyable part of the job- communication within the Financial Department was good, very efficient and helpfull.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Place where I started to learn everything
Jr. Lease Administrator/Lease Assistant (Former Employee) –  PH17 May 2016
started with a typical very busy day at work.. Learned to deal with different kinds of people.. Learned to handle people, how to treat them..Learned a lot on customer service and how to managed properties..My manager is great.. She provide all the needed help i need.. My co workers are always there to help.. we have teamwor.. the hardest part is to managed properties in the same way its good because Im learning.. the most enjoyable part is with the co-workers..
An enriching experience.
BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Down Town, Toronto30 January 2016
A fast paced work environment that thrived on team building. Accommodating management that provided the liberty of flexible hours, at the same time ensuring that the work progress is not compromised. Co-operative co-workers that made the learning experience enjoyable at every stage including on the hardest days.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours, Great Management
Cons
Travel Time
Fast Paced work environment with great company culture.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day in my position at CBRE which is part of the fun. Priorities change on the fly as clients need various reports/information etc. Very fast paced stimulating environment where my ability to multi-task and problem solve worked to my advantage. I throughly enjoyed all the challenges and the work environment at CBRE, my co-workers and team members are all amazing people and we are a very cohesive unit and family.
Pros
free lunches, dinners, sporting event tickets
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
Great work environment to be in...
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2015
Working with CBRE was a great experience due to the management support and encouragement to see their employees grow.

A typical day at work would consist of utilizing the proper project software tools that CBRE has available to use, they are user friendly and makes the workload for any employee, a lot more productive and easier.

Everyone in the office treat each other with respect and very family oriented.

The most enjoyable part of the job, while I was with CBRE, was to work with a Leader who was clear in her expectations from her team, what the required deliverables were, how she had planned to attain them, and the process to help her team feel achieved.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home when required
Cons
More team building activities
Great work environment meeting many clients,contractors
Senior Facility Manager for CBRE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2016
Each day was welcomed with many changes, from floods to fires to car incidents,robberies for some 100 RBC branches. Each day work orders came to have various work carried out. Supervised two Facility managers for Eastern area of Ontario and 13 mobile techs.
working 24/7 managing sites for the past ten years with CBRE.
Carried out yearly appraisals for job performance of staff, allocate bonus and decide on wage increases.
Very fast pace, enjoyed the job very much, due to retendering of contract, CBRE lost to another Facility provider. Ready to get back into the work place.
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 July 2013
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
Pros
Pay & benefits good. Comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons
You're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
Very quick paced, stimulating and fun place to work.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  20 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario20 February 2015
Extensive work with computer systems.
Beta testing new invoicing/project management system.
Creating and analysing reports
Learned new project management system

Management was very supportive and worked on boosting morale.

Co-workers worked as a team, very helpful and encouraging

The new system did not have all the bugs out and was being changed constantly

Creating and analysing reports and dealing with clients and coworkers in other departments.
Pros
Lots of training in computer systems. Impromptu get togethers. Co-workers
Cons
Client contracted for a fixed term. Could cancel services at the end of contract.
Excellent environment with Team working focus
Director of Operations and Client Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Excellent feel good when starting your day. Environment encourages team approach problem solving. Management works close with staff to encourage power of decision making and taking leadership roles.
Good place to work. Dedicated people to work with. Management supported
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2015
Good equipment with a great IT department. Some new project management systems not tested to fullest capacity which made it difficult to work efficiently. Dealt with client and contractors a lot which made it interesting. Enjoyed learning the new systems and interacting with trainers and co-workers.
Pros
Not often free lunches but co-workers tried out new places for lunch, always learning something new.
Cons
Uncertainty with client reaction especially when contract renewal time came up.