CBRE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company
Data entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
As a member of a real estate board, you also become a member of the BC Real Estate Association and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Only members of CREA are entitled to call themselves REALTORS®.
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, paid vacation, shift premiums
Cons: long hours, shift work, bad work/life balance
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the – more... coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone. – less
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good company to be with.
Cons: unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pay & benefits good. comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons: you're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: (usually) decent hours, competent team
Cons: hostile environment for support staff.
The management of my particular department and my coworkers were great. Having said that, the people we served made working there, on the whole, a complete and utter nightmare. One should not dread having to go to work in a hostile environment and sadly the management of my department did little to stop it. One can call it the pitfalls of working in – more... real estate. – less
great work environment.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee), vancouverOctober 24, 2012
Currently I held the tile of Assistant Facilty Manager and main responsiblities include addressing all the client requests pertaining to faciltiy issues.
Helping customers with their technical issues was always a blessing that added so much to my knowledge and experience.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Georgia and South CarolinaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: all aspects of project management
Cons: project management is not an easy profession, but, truly fulfilling and compelling in concern with helping people overcome their issues.
There was no typical day at work. Phone rings and you're hearing issues at various sites. As Project Manager, I never knew what to expect at any time. I like the continuing technical training programs, kept me active in technologies. I liked the wide range of systems I supervised-fire, security, diesel, pumps, valves, HVAC, electrical power, data center – more... systems, control systems, building control systems, etc. The ability to learn about issues at origination, plan projects overall, and coordinate with executive staff at sites as well as track contractors and vendors is a wonderful learning experience each day that taught me so much and blessed my life with each experience. – less
Great fast-paced environment.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee, hot chocolate, tea; starbucks & keurig
Cons: not many chances for contractors to advance
CBRE was a great place to work. There were many things done to keep employees excited to come to work. this is one of the few jobs I've had where I loved coming to work everyday. My immediate supervisor encouraged me to learn more, when she realized I did.
Excellent learning position
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond VANovember 18, 2014
Processed vendor contracts
Great Team
Management very understanding
Very political and condescending place to work
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Americas (Current Employee), Redmond, WANovember 13, 2014
Pros: conmpensation
Cons: management style and inconsistent application of rise values
Very difficult place to work with "PC" police and biased mindsets towards older people.
very professional real estate company
RealEstate Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: above a certin rate in pay, youget unlimited time off
Cons: pprovals for projects take longer to approve
CBRE is probably the best company that I worked for to date. it is a very professional company with a solid work environment.
CBRE
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco CANovember 7, 2014
CBRE is too middle managment heavy and too worker bee light. My direct manager is great to work for and she provides excellent communication.
this is a good job
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: alot of emails
alot of weekend work and overtime. there are alot of pms per month that have to be completed
Great Company
Corporate HSE - Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: great company
Great company to work for and has a good work life balance. Have a great boss and work with great people within the HSE group.
Busy
Listing Coordinator and Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2014
I have been with CBRE a little over two years, within the two years, it has been busy with constant changes. I review all new listing and review all address match APN, verify the listing agreements and amendments cover Arizona Department Real Estate Law. I then establish a Marketing budget based on the price per square footage, and commission. I have – more... learned to adapt constant new changes, and work very independtly without a direct supervisor for over a year, and review and make desicions based on the property, listing agreement and the current situation, which has also made it the most difficult part of my job, the postive side, it has made me learn and grown in my position. – less
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
Great company. Largest real estate company in the world and a joy to work for.
Dynamic company, knows the industry and best part, always open for promotion.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 28, 2014
As an employee, I feel the support of the management and team members when I needed them.
Great place to use my skills in audio
AV Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2014
Pros: worked with major label artists and producers
Cons: only worked as an intern
Worked with audio engineers to assist with setup and tear downs for major-label clients. Prepared patch bay layouts and personal monitoring devices to clients needs. Helped with other duties including managing events and working private engagements at owners request.
N/A
Lease Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work with great benefits, two weeks vaction and 401K beneftis matched.
RUN! PASS THIS COMPANY BY!
Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2014
Cons: favoritism, micromanagement, bad managers, office politics, bullying, ineffective hr, no good qualities
I could've written the review WARNING!! DO NOT WORK HERE!! because it sounds exactly like my experiences with this company.

I would only add that you will succeed at this company if you're dirty and know how to work kick backs effectively. You wont succeed by doing your job. The favoritism at this company is unbelievable. Every brother-in-law, son, – more... neighbor, church member or nephew does work for them.

The benefits were ok, but theyre whittled down to the point it doesn't matter, and they don't make up for the disrespect, coersion and bullying that goes on.

Middle management is awful and very unknowledgeable. I don't know how they got their jobs or how they keep them. Micromanagement is ridiculous.

To sum it up-if you take a job here, don't stop looking for another because you won't stay long. Almost everyone I was hired with are long gone. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicaci├│n, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more