CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job with lots of potential.
Mobile Service Tech. (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 2, 2014
Traveled 2,000 to 3,000 kilometers per week'Maintaining 28 Royal Bank branches from Calgary to US border.
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good company to be with.
Cons: unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pay & benefits good. comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons: you're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
CBRE
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: (usually) decent hours, competent team
Cons: hostile environment for support staff.
The management of my particular department and my coworkers were great. Having said that, the people we served made working there, on the whole, a complete and utter nightmare. One should not dread having to go to work in a hostile environment and sadly the management of my department did little to stop it. One can call it the pitfalls of working in – more... real estate. – less
great work environment.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee), vancouverOctober 24, 2012
Currently I held the tile of Assistant Facilty Manager and main responsiblities include addressing all the client requests pertaining to faciltiy issues.
FUN
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2014
MANAGED 60 FACILTY AND RPAIRED REFRIGERATION AC HEATING AC
Awesome
Regional Engineering Director (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: career advancement and opportunities
Cons: hiring department
CBRE has a culture of enabling people to perform their best, recognize accomplishments and reward for performance. I would recommend to all top performers.
Associate, Commercial Real Estate Leasing & Sales (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2014
It was great, would recommend this place highly. Trully a remarkable place
great job
Building Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: to many managers
Great job as far as work goes. Management could use some help. but good for the most part.
WARNING!! DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2014
Pros: cigna healthcare and 401k
Cons: micromanagement, favoritism, no training, no advancement, no future
Anyone applying for a Lease Analyst position, beware! The job descriptions are old and misleading - a fact they are aware of but have purposefully not updated them.

You will actually be segregated into 1 of 4 teams:
1) call center where your hands are tied and you can do nothing to solve the client's problems and must make up excuses and lie to the – more... client as to why their information is incorrect;

2) finance where you process invoices and rent;

3) workflow where you push documents through the system and deal with the people in India who are making the client's information incorrect; or

4) reports where you run reports out of the database.

If hell is full of micromanagers, then you have arrived.

If you are looking for a place where you do the same monotonous tasks every day, then look no further. A 40 hour work week is unheard of. Be prepared to work between 50-60+ hours per week.

NO TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED. If you are unable to "figure it out" on your own, you will be treated like trash and placed on a performance plan so they can push you out the door. All the while, you will be blamed for not knowing instinctively what to do.

After work however, you and your family will enjoy weeks of tear-filled evenings while you ask yourself 'Why did I not believe that review I read online?'. I'm making light of it, but it's really no laughing matter.

Turnover is high and it takes months before any action is taken to replace those who have left. Not to mention, even before that person left, the team was already short-handed. Remember those 50-60+ hours/week I warned you of? Well, now make it 70.

There are no HR representatives to monitor behaviours, so managers are allowed to run amuck while the director is either too blind or just doesn't give a darn and lets this fiasco continue.

Since no HR personnel are available to you here - you'll have to call up someone in Minnesota who will then promptly alert the director and management that you have "tattled". Good luck getting on their good side then.

Words and phrases to describe the managers: trashy, insulting, unethical, disrespectful, lacking integrity, hostile, unknowledgeable or flat out stupid in some cases, bullies, slanderous, malicious, deceitful....I'm hoping you get the hint by now.

Promotions are not based on skills, knowledge, or hard work. Favoritism and kissing but are the only ways you will gain advancement. Even if you do accomplish this, the opportunities for advancement are extremely rare.

Pay is minimal. Raises? Bonuses? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....oh, honey, no. Your manager will get a nice hefty bonus based on your hard work. Good luck getting her to split it with you.

I will say that alot of the people I worked with are good people and I made alot of friends. I do feel sorry for some of the managers who are nice, but unfortunately the actions of the bad ones and the inaction of senior management to reprimand and remove those bad ones from the company, overshadows the good of the others.

Good luck on your job search, but please do yourself a favor and pass this one by. – less
USAF
Mobile Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), USAMarch 7, 2014
Able to serve for our country
Great great experience learned a lot about myself and met a bunch of great people
No room for Advancement if your in a call center.
Vendor Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: works around your school schedule
Cons: its hard to advance in this company.
The company in a whole has done very well for themselves. But its the small split off sections like the facilties departments that get left in the wind. Most customer service reps are stuck with that title and cannot get a fair chance to move up. The managment staff doesnt want you excel past where they are. So they continue to stand in your way from – more... moving up. The co-workers are friendly and they band together when faces with challenges. I have learned a great deal from this company some good some bad. A lot of the managment staff has no formal training in there positions. Its not what you know here its who you know that determines if you move up or not. If your looking for a job just to get by while your in school I recommend CBRE but if your looking for a career I would say keep moving. – less
One of the better types of security jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: mostly work indoors, easy
Cons: long shifts.
This is a very nice security position. Pays decent. Good for anyone needing a job and needs a secure job.
provides an environment of good work experiance
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2014
everyday something new is happening. you are always challenged to think quickly and and independently.
Building Engineer (Current Employee), AtlantaFebruary 15, 2014
I great place to work, a little to much micro managing, but a great place to work.
Fast paced and productive job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: short breaks, short lunches
As part of the asset management team, we are responsible for managing high call and email volume simultaneously.

We are responsible for answering calls requesting service, creating work order and dispatching to CBRE approved technicians and vendors throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.

We were also responsible for managing email queues, as – more... well as rerouting service tickets.

The hardest part of the job is having a high paced working environment with little, to no intra-personal rewards. – less
one of the best
Busines Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 11, 2014
Great company, really good benefits, a lot of room for growth within the company
Great Place to Work
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2014
CBRE has taught me so much about self management, executive level support and multi-tasking.
Productive workplace
Administive Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Fast pace work environment
Great collegues
Productive workplace
Quality ,caring company to work for
Critical Facility Engineer at One Bryant Park (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: quality health benefits, clean enviroment and good training for all aspects of work
My work day usually starts with a shift hand off meeting with the leaving shift. During which all changes to the Critical Systems being gone over. From there I could be the watch engineer or the building rounds person. Every month I am responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment, which could be pumps,fans,Crac units, cooling towers etc. I – more... have been certified in OSHA 10 hour course, I posses a Universal Refrigerant card from the EPA. The most enjoyable part i find at this position is the fact that the environment is a 24x7x365 no down time facility making it critical to the client. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicaciĆ³n, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more