CBRE Employee Reviews

High Productivity
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
At CBRE I’d like to say thank you for the memories, friendship and collaboration in building our Accounting Career for 5 years. I’ve met many of different culture in my travels and many more of them virtually and the corporate culture, work ethic and drive to success was amazing and humbling.
Special thanks to my Accounting team for putting up with me and for their dedication in servicing all of them as well all Clients (RBC , IO, CORP,) who had always partnered with us to achieve this hug high productivity an Accounting Department.
Very fun workplace with jokes, parties (celebrating birthdays,holiday's...)
I will miss them all dearly and wish them all great success in the future.

Very cut throat with no clear guidance from management. You have to play a guessing game to see what they want. Very stressful environment with no direction or career advancement
Pros
celebrating birhtdays, holiday's
Cons
good benifits
Systems Coordinator
CMM Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 May 2016
Not very experienced management; gender/age preferences; not many opportunities to grow at least on the account I worked at.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
No reward for loyalty or dedication
Good company to work for
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Busy environment with high demands on reaching the deadlines.
I learned new information on Property Management field and the challenges are coming with.
Hardest part - communication with the client - Ontario Ministries.
Enjoyable part of the job- communication within the Financial Department was good, very efficient and helpfull.
Pros
Good team work
Excellent Workplace
East Region Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2013
Working for CBRE Limited taught me an incredible amount of information relating to the project management profession. The knowledge and commitment put forth by management was exceptional and as an employee, it assisted me in gaining the experience needed to move forward with my future endeavors. The most difficult aspect of the position I held was the work/life balance, but over time, I was able to figure out how to go about balancing both efficiently. Unfortunately, the decrease in project load led to cut backs, however, I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
exceptional staff, management, and overall atmosphere
Cons
Long hours, salary
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 May 2014
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone.
Pros
Great Benefits, Paid Vacation, Shift Premiums
Cons
Long Hours, Shift Work, Bad work/life balance
Desktop Support Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2016
A typical work day, resolving tickets over the phone or onsite, reset password, setup new users Blackberry using BES.
OnBoard, Off boarding
Fast Paced work environment with great company culture.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day in my position at CBRE which is part of the fun. Priorities change on the fly as clients need various reports/information etc. Very fast paced stimulating environment where my ability to multi-task and problem solve worked to my advantage. I throughly enjoyed all the challenges and the work environment at CBRE, my co-workers and team members are all amazing people and we are a very cohesive unit and family.
Pros
free lunches, dinners, sporting event tickets
Cons
long hours, poor compensation
Great work environment to be in...
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2015
Working with CBRE was a great experience due to the management support and encouragement to see their employees grow.

A typical day at work would consist of utilizing the proper project software tools that CBRE has available to use, they are user friendly and makes the workload for any employee, a lot more productive and easier.

Everyone in the office treat each other with respect and very family oriented.

The most enjoyable part of the job, while I was with CBRE, was to work with a Leader who was clear in her expectations from her team, what the required deliverables were, how she had planned to attain them, and the process to help her team feel achieved.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home when required
Cons
More team building activities
great place to work
Executive (Former Employee) –  delhi5 March 2016
great place to work, learn new things, good working environment, friendly people,do apply if you want to work in this field
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 July 2013
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
Pros
Pay & benefits good. Comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons
You're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
Good work enviroment
PROJECT COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2015
A nice working environment along with prepared and proactive management make CBRE a great company to develop a career.
to be well organized to finish tasks
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto on4 July 2015
typical day is very busy with task to finish
co workers are approachable.
enjoyable part is learn new tasks.
Management is very organized.
Fast-paced Work Environment
Client Services Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto28 July 2015
Learned about the fast paced Real Estate industry. Worked for the Top Sales Agent in Canada, was a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Pros
Coworkers
Great team in the Montreal Office
MANAGER, REAL ESTATE RBC Account (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2015
The days are very busy and can be stressful at times but overall, good atmosphere, work environment and fun people to be around.
Every day, there was humour at some point to lighten the load.
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 January 2014
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Pros
Good company to be with.
Cons
unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Flexible Hours
Manager Client Accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2014
The management is very professional and work culture is open.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
NONE
Fun and full-filling place to work
Project Administrator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2013
Typical day at work was never typical. Working with live construction projects every day was different.
I learned how to work hard under strict deadlines and build lasting relationships with my colleagues.
Hard part of the job was the unpredictability of the workload when problems would arise in the projects.
The most enjoyable part was the variety of each day and the job satisfaction in completing tasks on time and on budget.
Long hours with not a lot of rewards
Client Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2012
I am currently employed at CBRE Limited Toronto West a commercial real estate brokerage. However, I am interest in exploring other career options. My confidence in my qualification comes from my two years of work experience with one of the top performing industrial teams in Ontario. My daily activities ranged from creating proposals and disposition templates, along with the constant updating of branding changes. I have created and designed several sign requests and signage drafts. Everyday activity mainly focused on the creation of marketing flyers, newspaper ads, reporting letters for client, drafting and coordinating offers. I also have experience with property inspections, scheduling and coordinating property tours. I am highly proficient in Microsoft Office as well as adobe illustrator and reader. I work well independently as well as in a team atmosphere. One of my strongest attributes would be my desire to learn any skill until perfected. I can multi task or delegate well to complete the required project.
Pros
the odd free lunch or left overs from a meeting
Cons
not a good environment to grow as an assistant or in marketing
Productive and Fun Loving place
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2015
I like working at CBRE Limited because it is fun workplace and everyone is given a chance to express their views and ideas regarding improvement of the Process to achieve positive results , no matter at what position you are working.

High level management is easily accessible and take out time to listen to their employees.
a good company to work with
MAC Project Manager (Current Employee) –  18 King E Toronto ON13 October 2015
CBRE is a global company which provides great opportunities to the people

It provides global work opportunity and internal growth