CBRE Employee Reviews in Canada

Systems Coordinator
CMM Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 19, 2016
Not very experienced management; gender/age preferences; not many opportunities to grow at least on the account I worked at.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
No reward for loyalty or dedication
Good company to work for
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Busy environment with high demands on reaching the deadlines.
I learned new information on Property Management field and the challenges are coming with.
Hardest part - communication with the client - Ontario Ministries.
Enjoyable part of the job- communication within the Financial Department was good, very efficient and helpfull.
Pros
Good team work
High Productivity
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
At CBRE I’d like to say thank you for the memories, friendship and collaboration in building our Accounting Career for 5 years. I’ve met many of different culture in my travels and many more of them virtually and the corporate culture, work ethic and drive to success was amazing and humbling.
Special thanks to my Accounting team for putting up with me and for their dedication in servicing all of them as well all Clients (RBC , IO, CORP,) who had always partnered with us to achieve this hug high productivity an Accounting Department.
Very fun workplace with jokes, parties (celebrating birthdays,holiday's...)
I will miss them all dearly and wish them all great success in the future.

Very cut throat with no clear guidance from management. You have to play a guessing game to see what they want. Very stressful environment with no direction or career advancement
Pros
celebrating birhtdays, holiday's
Cons
good benifits
Desktop Support Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
A typical work day, resolving tickets over the phone or onsite, reset password, setup new users Blackberry using BES.
OnBoard, Off boarding
great place to work
Executive (Former Employee) –  delhiMarch 5, 2016
great place to work, learn new things, good working environment, friendly people,do apply if you want to work in this field
Great team in the Montreal Office
MANAGER, REAL ESTATE RBC Account (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 18, 2015
The days are very busy and can be stressful at times but overall, good atmosphere, work environment and fun people to be around.
Every day, there was humour at some point to lighten the load.
Supportive collegues
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2015
I learned a lot from my co workers. The office personnel were very supportive.But no system in designating personnel in certain area.There's a lot of room to grow but financially constrained when comes to maintenance supplies.
Great Place to work
Senior Regional Managing Director (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 30, 2015
CBRE Limited (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm. The Company has over 40,000 employees, and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Pros
Industry leader
Cons
Somewhat bureaucratic
Great company to work for
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at CBRE, learned an incredible amount of information in commercial real estate and was fortunate enough to work for a great team.
a good company to work with
MAC Project Manager (Current Employee) –  18 King E Toronto ONOctober 13, 2015
CBRE is a global company which provides great opportunities to the people

It provides global work opportunity and internal growth
Great work environment to be in...
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Working with CBRE was a great experience due to the management support and encouragement to see their employees grow.

A typical day at work would consist of utilizing the proper project software tools that CBRE has available to use, they are user friendly and makes the workload for any employee, a lot more productive and easier.

Everyone in the office treat each other with respect and very family oriented.

The most enjoyable part of the job, while I was with CBRE, was to work with a Leader who was clear in her expectations from her team, what the required deliverables were, how she had planned to attain them, and the process to help her team feel achieved.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home when required
Cons
More team building activities
Fast-paced Work Environment
Client Services Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 28, 2015
Learned about the fast paced Real Estate industry. Worked for the Top Sales Agent in Canada, was a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Pros
Coworkers
Wonderful Management Team
Real Estate Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 5, 2015
We are a fast paced office environment with 4 office buildings, 2 industrial and over 50 tenants on my portfolio. I work closely with the Property Manager, Canadian Director Asset Services and 3 Building Operators.

I work both in the office and in the field.

May days in the office would consist of both A/P and A/R, tenant / contractor communication, financial statements, leasing correspondence, and service requests.

Weekly site visits are to meet with the Building Operators,coordinate building inspections and meet with the tenants.
Pros
excellent co-workers and working environment
Cons
too far of a commute
to be well organized to finish tasks
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto onJuly 4, 2015
typical day is very busy with task to finish
co workers are approachable.
enjoyable part is learn new tasks.
Management is very organized.
Productive and Fun Loving place
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
I like working at CBRE Limited because it is fun workplace and everyone is given a chance to express their views and ideas regarding improvement of the Process to achieve positive results , no matter at what position you are working.

High level management is easily accessible and take out time to listen to their employees.
Good group of Management and staff members and flexible hours
Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 29, 2014
Handle the site selections for our client in locating premium locations within the Ontario region.
Worked closely with Landlords in negotiating the offers to lease and the leases and coordinating work required to be completed for the with the project managers.
Complete renewals on behalf of our client and ensure that the deals are within the budgeted perameters.
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 21, 2014
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone.
Pros
great benefits, paid vacation, shift premiums
Cons
long hours, shift work, bad work/life balance
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Pros
good company to be with.
Cons
unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Excellent Workplace
East Region Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 18, 2013
Working for CBRE Limited taught me an incredible amount of information relating to the project management profession. The knowledge and commitment put forth by management was exceptional and as an employee, it assisted me in gaining the experience needed to move forward with my future endeavors. The most difficult aspect of the position I held was the work/life balance, but over time, I was able to figure out how to go about balancing both efficiently. Unfortunately, the decrease in project load led to cut backs, however, I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Pros
exceptional staff, management, and overall atmosphere
Cons
long hours, salary
Fun and full-filling place to work
Project Administrator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 18, 2013
Typical day at work was never typical. Working with live construction projects every day was different.
I learned how to work hard under strict deadlines and build lasting relationships with my colleagues.
Hard part of the job was the unpredictability of the workload when problems would arise in the projects.
The most enjoyable part was the variety of each day and the job satisfaction in completing tasks on time and on budget.