CBRE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company
Data entry (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
As a member of a real estate board, you also become a member of the BC Real Estate Association and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Only members of CREA are entitled to call themselves REALTORS®.
Job Security but bad work/life balance
Electrician / Critical Environment (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, paid vacation, shift premiums
Cons: long hours, shift work, bad work/life balance
I am and Electrician for CBRE and have been for almost 2 years.
The job looks fantastic on paper but it requires many hours of work and a rotating shift schedule.
It creates low moral and depressed workers with no backup for vacation or sick days. This means that if you take a vacation, there is at least 2 other people who are suffering to make up the coverage lost with your absence.

All in all it has good job security but it isn't for everyone.
Company staffing and work enviornment is excellet.
Project Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good company to be with.
Cons: unfortunately due to market needs, no permanent position found for me past contract date.
Self motivated atmosphere with goal achievement results.
Staff work with you and clients to achieve good results.
Time management is on you and brings out the best of you.

Company has many forms to learn, and understand.
Company also has a great list of online management tools and courses to our disposal.
Weak Management, Toxic Workplace
Support Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pay & benefits good. comfortable work atmosphere.
Cons: you're 2nd class if you're not part of sales
Most troubling of all is that regional management there are blind to how some of the people in the office are treated. There is such a cut throat atmosphere to make a sale that if you are not part of sales you are 2nd class.
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: (usually) decent hours, competent team
Cons: hostile environment for support staff.
The management of my particular department and my coworkers were great. Having said that, the people we served made working there, on the whole, a complete and utter nightmare. One should not dread having to go to work in a hostile environment and sadly the management of my department did little to stop it. One can call it the pitfalls of working in real estate.
great work environment.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee), vancouverOctober 24, 2012
Currently I held the tile of Assistant Facilty Manager and main responsiblities include addressing all the client requests pertaining to faciltiy issues.
Productive and competetive place to work
Peoplesoft HCM Functional Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Extremely diverse and wide spread.Hands on experience on almost all core modules of HCM - exposure to global (APAC,EMEA and NA) functionalities and process
Great place to work and learn
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
great co-workers, lots of people to learn from, good work/life balance
Facility and Datacenter Management
Sr. Chief Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Largest Facility and Property Management company in the world. Competitive compensation and lots of opportunities.
Exciting and engaging workplace
Facilities Coordinator - Yammer/Microsoft account (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoy coming to work everyday. Everyday is unique and presents different hurdles to watch out for. I get to work onsite at a client site in a young and dynamic startup environment.
N/A
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Westerville, OHJanuary 17, 2015
Operation of computerized BAS to control: HVAC systems, chillers, boiler plant, pumps, and generators
• Responsible for inspection and adjustment of HVAC components
• Maintain backup power system using uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: temp assignment
Resolving customer issues, and bringing closure to cases in a timely manner
Very encouraging,productive and fun place to work.
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: there is always tranning to help you motivated and lot of opportunity to grow
in the morning i will pull out the banking activity form each bank lockbox and post all the deposits to the respective tenant account.
I receive daily request from the Associate accountant to post Invoices and bill the tenant .
I will enter a new lease when there is a new tenant entering to the building.
if there is any change on the tenant account i will modify based on the clients need.

i am well organized with my work and try to finish all the task on time
i am very friendly with my coworkers. and i also give training to new employees as needed.

i enjoyed my job so much , I have the best team and and well educated managers and supervisors..
Mercenaries wanted
Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: alliance director could be a great team builder, complimentary, and care about long term success
Cons: alliance director could be selfish, abusive, and uncaring
Many CBRE accounts have great Alliance Directors, and many have uncaring single agenda ADs (keeping their own job). I had the chance to be on both. It takes an AD who really values people and wants to do things the right way to make this a great place to work. On my first account, Peter was fantastic and managed the needs of the client with finesse - he had great relationships with the Client because he cared and viewed the relationship as two way. He also worked very hard each day to grow those relationships. He would say no when appropriate. My last AD, Steve, could care less about people (others had formal complaints against him) and was a 'yes' - never really caring about his own people or the client. The relationship was entirely one way, whatever the Client said he agreed with, regardless of the short term or long term implications. It continues to be a disaster. No one cares about each other. Just earning a paycheck, hence the title of this review. I hate mercenary environments. Everyone doing their own thing, just satisfying a checkmark box. A great deal of email managers. If you are considering CBRE, ask a lot of questions about how problems are handled with the Client, ask for examples of CBRE saying no, responses to maintaining and growing relationships, the quality of those relationships, and how often team members meet outside of normal office hours.
Budget control/leasing
Facilities Officer (Former Employee), TaipeiDecember 27, 2014
working with oversea coworkers
project budget control
functional working
Facilities Management
Management style: In, up and out.
Real Estate Services Administrator (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to grow with the company.
CBRE, Inc. likes to promote from within. They give you the tools to use to exceed. Their work standards and procedures are fantastic, one central place to learn it all. Using their online tools through, The Navigator, you can look up every aspect of what is expected from your position, find documentation that accompany your tasks along with written, and often, video instructions. This company is highly organized.
Most enjoyable part of job was co-workers
Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2014
Worked with a dedicated team of recruiters willing to put in tireless hours under very stressful circumstances
CBRE
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco CADecember 4, 2014
CBRE has a great training program for the FM team. The company is committed to train their employees on the latest and greatest software and hardware.
nice place to work
Commercial maintenance mobile tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice uniforms, good benefits and nice van to drive
Cons: about the only thing negative is the account im on
This is my second tour with cbre. I was very happy on the banking account but then got laid off due to fanny may . Now i am back with them, but i dont like this account im on an looking forward to a different account..We are currently going thru trying tasks with quick time limits for this account.
I considered CBRE to be the premiere property management company
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: too many policies
CBRE was excellect in every regard from the management to the training programs.

1 2 3 4 5

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicación, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more