CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

My experience
HCA (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 October 2017
Working with CBI home health has been wonderful. This is a job you have to love what you are doing to thrive in. If your just in it for the money the clients will know by the way you act. The hours can change on a dime as it is client based. The schedulers work hard to give everyone as many hours as they need or want.
Currently CBI Home health just went through a merger with WE Care and are going through a lot of administrative changes as well changes in the field dealing with paperwork and documentation. If you stay in communication with supervisors and clinical staff this job will be amazing.
Pros
Great benefits, knowledge & open door management, room to grow
Cons
hours can fluctuate due to amount of clients
Pathetic spineless management
Healthcare aide/butt wiper (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 October 2017
Run by an easterner who needs to go home. Place is full of kiddish girlie games and who likes who politics with the so called management at the helm. Psychopaths like trish and cindy kept on board because manager is terrified of them.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Mambi pambi scheduling hippy dippy management
Stay away from this company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
Horrible company to work for! The pay is less, no enough hours, they want you to sacrifice your life for them. They will change ur schedule without notice. I wouldnt recommend a client to this company. The clients are unhappy like their staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything about this company is horrible.
Love everything about it
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 August 2017
Working here has easily been a great step in my career and I have loved the office culture that was provided through my coworkers. If I could have continued working here I would have no hesitation. This company is wonderful
Pros
Coworkers, management, office setting
Cons
A bit unorganized at times, hard to deal with upper management
Procedures done wrong, hurts staff but they don't carez
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 August 2017
I worked in Red Deer, I have sinced moved on, I had a contagious skin infection and was told by my boss, you go there and don't breath a word about what you have as that is bringing your personal life to work. When I first started I was trained for 1 hour, I have worked with nursing homes & community homes since 2001 and I have never seen such little respect for staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Staff
good environment
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
great environment to work with lots of experienced staff. Pay is good as well. I love my job because i like helping people with needs, especially older adults
learn more on this job
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
its not hard job. Everyday we learn new things , we meet different people, different style and different kinds of food on the job. we don't know but we learn how to make....we do fun with the people when they talk with us share their felling with us..
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Great workplace
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Great workplace, management is great, very good company culture, job security, great benefits.
Details oriented, equal opportunity, professional staff.
i dont know why they are still open
HCA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 May 2017
I worked with this company before it became CBI, and it was great up until about 5 years ago when everything started changing. in the last 5 years, there has been an amazing turn over in staff, both field and office. This is because management is AWEFUL and the latest management is worse to date. Coordination is terrible, the office vibe itself is horrific. Its like high school full of girls. They talk about field staff behind there back but very nice to your face, they get off the phone with staff or clients and talk about the conversation, rolling their eyes and nothing ever gets done with complaints. You never call in sick, because they will make you feel like you are a horrible person for doing so even though you are working with people that are elderly and prone to bugs, you are also told to phone in sick if you are. So the mind games are unreal. Coordination will change your schedule on you without notice and blame you for not knowing. There is no accountability for the office staff at all. Once you reach 16.85 in pay you will not get a raise. You used to make extra money to go out of town however, they pulled that and replaced it with a 150.00 supplement every 2 weeks. I used to put that in gas in my car every week. You can no longer bank vacation pay in order to have a vacation, it is paid out on every cheque now. They stopped years ago giving staff CPR training, which is pretty vital when your working alone with people that had disabilities.
There is not enough I can say bad about this company and reading the reviews, apparently its a horrible company across Canada.
  more...

The clients are amazing. Working one on one with the clients is amazing.
Pros
the clients and working alone
Cons
everything else sucks
Cbi
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2017
A typical day at work would be going from home yo home mostly working in the senior community. I learned how to fix problems on my own because normally you are on your own during a work shift.
Educational opportunity to be frank
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2017
It is good hands on experience. Management is not the finest. Smoke breaks seem to be where everyone gossips so everything is always going through something. People are spiteful too
Pros
Free food
bad place ever to be
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2017
they do not care about their employees, they make workers fight against each other by telling all the reports from one co-worker to another which it is not a part of the confidentiality . they do not care about if you are sick or not. the management sucks the work is as well as in long-term care but they do not give at least the salary of group home plus they are very disrespectful and do not know about human being they just care about their money not even about their client complain. TOO BAD.
Fantastic opportunities
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 April 2017
I can't say enough about this company! While faced with ongoing health issues, CBI went above and beyond to assist me. Fantastic teamwork while allowing you to be independent in delivering in home nursing care! A wonderful opportunity to learn new skills while working for a great organization!
Respect for others and flexibility
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 April 2017
This company has a good office team that help to accommodate client/worker schedules in a good manner.
There is respect for one another and good work environment.
Pros
Time self-management.
Cons
Careful with distances because of gas expenses
great workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for this company, it is well balanced and flexible hours. Management is very helpful and allow employees to voice concerns, opinion and ideas. Overall i would recommend CBI as a potential employer.
Productive work place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
CBI is a productive work place. with a very amazing stuff. yes the salarys are very low and would prefer a better pay but i do like working for CBI. i sure am happy to be back.
felt like i was married to the job
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 February 2017
No life work balance, married to the job, didn't matter if you were sick
the support was not there
the pay was pathetic
no mileage paid, housekeeping is higher rate of pay
considering we are caring for human beings I find it very troubling to say the least
Pros
Cons
Married to the job
Productive and enrich company
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2017
This company is great to work with, they have a great management system that supports all employees. There is room for growth with in the company. Also alot of fun and activities through out the year.
Good agency to work
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
A typical day for me to work at the agency is a lot of travelling, waiting for the bus. But I did learned a lot too about community work. It is not hard to work in the community and its enjoyable.
Pros
easy and enjoyable
Cons
not enough hours and long wait for the bus
Look elsewhere. Not worth the headache!
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 January 2017
I've been with this company for 3 years, I use to love the company but am now looking for work elsewhere. They use to pay per km, but now only give a flat rate travel expense of $150 every pay day. That would be great if I weren't driving over 100 kms per day between in town and out of town clients. It does not even come close to covering the fuel I use for work and there is nothing left over for regular maintenance such as oil changes, tires, starter.. etc. A new vehicle goes to complete junk in a couple of years with this company because there isn't enough compensation. When trying to speak with management about this issue, it's just brushed off and you're told if it doesn't work for you then find something else! Scheduling has no sense of travel time between clients and will often overlap client times. No raises. No paid sick days. No thank-you's. Lots of unhappy staff and high turnover! Also forever changing schedules.. if you're not overworked, you're underworked! There use to be alot of praise for this company and now I never hear a good thing about it.. even from clients!
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, high miles without enough compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7