CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

It's okay
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 February 2018
The clients are amazing and the whole reason why I stayed in this job so long.
The shifts are split up so it takes an entire day to work. Definitly not a 9-5 job. You have to pay for your own gas so it's hard to afford a day off. After hours sucks
Management is working hard to give the best to clients and employees.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is giving care to clients in need. The hardest part for me would be the travelling from one place to the other during this winter season.
Pros
Approachable team
Cons
Less clients
Stay away!!’
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2018
I have never worked for a more disorganized, poorly run company in my life! The great wage does not even close to make up for the poor management or favortism in the office! I have been in the health care field for over 20 years and I was appalled at the things I witnessed during my time there! The field staff were, for the most part, wonderful, although there were many that never should have kept their jobs! When you just begin to feel like part of the team, the rug is pulled out from under you! Again, major favoritism and if you are not an butt kisser, you won’t last here! I was fond of most of my co-workers, but management? Forget it! I have been in a supervisory position before, and I have never witnessed such shoddy management! Run away as fast as you can!!
Pros
Not enough to be worth the problems!
Cons
Too many to list!
fun work place,poor managment
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
i ejoyed working for cbi there is allot of pros and cons .pros being i made allot of hours at first but then they start cutting your hours and when you do home to home they dont pay for you gas. the managment is poor no communication
Pros
safe work place, kind clients
Cons
no communication, last min booking, double booking
Good management, flexible schedules, fun atmosphere
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
Currently working part-time, so I am not sure about benefits. Schedule is flexible, Team leaders do not micromanage, so you are on your own. Good atmosphere when we all meet.

I do know, however, that there is a high turnover for Team leader position (a supervisory role); one must assume something is not great there.

Normally, our schedule is stable, but they accomodate your needs, and always follow what the client wants. As for the client itself, the approach is always do what they wish to do: the point is to give them as much indepence as possible. Few coworkers drive the clients; most of the time you take transit with them (CBI does reimburse you for transit).

If you need training, they provide with it, and it's paid at the same rate as work.
Pros
Flexibility, paid training
Cons
Sometimes short notice about new clients
discrimination all over the place unethical
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2018
Hostile environment especially if you are new They easily discriminate people based on looks. Other race will be easily targeted for being non-Native English speakers and be made fun of. Regional Coordinators especially the old ones are vile and will make every move to get people fired. They don't care.
Pros
Cons
co workers will demean and demoralize you whatever it takes
work place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2017
Job like hour based but different timing
(Example 1 client 9.00 to 10.00, next one 12.00 to 13.00, next one 15.00 to 16.00).
I got good experience
I think management is good
They will burn you out fast
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2017
They do an excellent job of selling themselves to potential employees because they have such a high turnover and need so many people. They are also growing very fast and because they are private company in arena that is usually non-profit you will soon see that to make a profit they need quantity. Quality is not an issue when the customers cannot complain. You start with such high hopes. After a bit you realize all is not as promised or hoped for. Your new full time job is now just a promise of full time hours but you don't have a specific shift or position guarantee of any sort. No sick days. There is a feeling of being highly disposable. If you have a pulse and clear background checks you can have a job. The work is the hardest in the field for the same money everyone else is offering. If you are lucky you may work in a house sometimes with a good team leader who can make work a little more pleasant. They shift blame down on us low wage, untrained and under supervised people when it is their leadership and profit taking that is the problem. Everyone around me looks for other job and so do I.
Pros
health plan if you qualify
Cons
just about everything else
worst employeer
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
They set you up for failure. The wage is pathetic. expected to work in unsafe, unsanitary work environment ex. bed bugs, mice infestations, roaches. Paycheck NEVER adds up.
Negative environment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 November 2017
Poorly Managed/ Staff not appreciated/negative atmosphere/no room to grow even though this was promised in interview/staff undervalued/expectations beyond possible
great
Community Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
great work place, incredible staff memeber and hard workers. management is suportive, benefits are great as well. overall good place to work and gain experience from.
Pros
great work place, people and staff
Cons
long hours at times
Save yourself
Community Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2017
Supervisory role you can never win in. Policies change all the time with no framework for roll out then you take the brunt of all the issues. Constantly struggling to please everyone but never happens. Lots of cattiness in the office with staff in other department. Little if any team work. A constant battle and no support from management. They tell you to do one thing then pull you into the office with contradictory issues. They want you to be in 50 places at once.
None of the staff are treated well including the hcas so makes it really difficult to be their supervisor as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
See above
A very enjoyable experience. I've been part of the team as well as working individually.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 October 2017
Excellent company to work for. Every day is different. I have had the privilege off meeting a diverse clientele over the years. I've been able to put my skills into use and also to learn new ones. CBI management is very supportive and always available to answer any questions I may have
Pros
Support is always avalable.
Cons
I'm not getting sufficient hours.
Bad Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 October 2017
Management tolerates employees that don't do anything. Too much politics. Does not like to pay overtime. Management looks down on frontliners. Managers are young people.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
My experience
HCA (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 October 2017
Working with CBI home health has been wonderful. This is a job you have to love what you are doing to thrive in. If your just in it for the money the clients will know by the way you act. The hours can change on a dime as it is client based. The schedulers work hard to give everyone as many hours as they need or want.
Currently CBI Home health just went through a merger with WE Care and are going through a lot of administrative changes as well changes in the field dealing with paperwork and documentation. If you stay in communication with supervisors and clinical staff this job will be amazing.
Pros
Great benefits, knowledge & open door management, room to grow
Cons
hours can fluctuate due to amount of clients
Pathetic spineless management
Healthcare aide/butt wiper (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 October 2017
Run by an easterner who needs to go home. Place is full of kiddish girlie games and who likes who politics with the so called management at the helm. Psychopaths like trish and cindy kept on board because manager is terrified of them.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Mambi pambi scheduling hippy dippy management
professional and caring work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 September 2017
I previously worked for this company 5 years prior to starting my nursing education. I worked as a PSW then later moved into the office as a scheduling coordinator for 2.5 years. I was very happy when I moved back to Alberta and was offered an RN position with this company. I am familiar with with policies and procedures as well as the office staff. I am also currently under review for a internal promotion.
Stay away from this company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
Horrible company to work for! The pay is less, no enough hours, they want you to sacrifice your life for them. They will change ur schedule without notice. I wouldnt recommend a client to this company. The clients are unhappy like their staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything about this company is horrible.
Love everything about it
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 August 2017
Working here has easily been a great step in my career and I have loved the office culture that was provided through my coworkers. If I could have continued working here I would have no hesitation. This company is wonderful
Pros
Coworkers, management, office setting
Cons
A bit unorganized at times, hard to deal with upper management
Procedures done wrong, hurts staff but they don't carez
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 August 2017
I worked in Red Deer, I have sinced moved on, I had a contagious skin infection and was told by my boss, you go there and don't breath a word about what you have as that is bringing your personal life to work. When I first started I was trained for 1 hour, I have worked with nursing homes & community homes since 2001 and I have never seen such little respect for staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.