CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

They will burn you out fast
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2017
They do an excellent job of selling themselves to potential employees because they have such a high turnover and need so many people. They are also growing very fast and because they are private company in arena that is usually non-profit you will soon see that to make a profit they need quantity. Quality is not an issue when the customers cannot complain. You start with such high hopes. After a bit you realize all is not as promised or hoped for. Your new full time job is now just a promise of full time hours but you don't have a specific shift or position guarantee of any sort. No sick days. There is a feeling of being highly disposable. If you have a pulse and clear background checks you can have a job. The work is the hardest in the field for the same money everyone else is offering. If you are lucky you may work in a house sometimes with a good team leader who can make work a little more pleasant. They shift blame down on us low wage, untrained and under supervised people when it is their leadership and profit taking that is the problem. Everyone around me looks for other job and so do I.
Pros
health plan if you qualify
Cons
just about everything else
worst employeer
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
They set you up for failure. The wage is pathetic. expected to work in unsafe, unsanitary work environment ex. bed bugs, mice infestations, roaches. Paycheck NEVER adds up.
Negative environment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 November 2017
Poorly Managed/ Staff not appreciated/negative atmosphere/no room to grow even though this was promised in interview/staff undervalued/expectations beyond possible
great
Community Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
great work place, incredible staff memeber and hard workers. management is suportive, benefits are great as well. overall good place to work and gain experience from.
Pros
great work place, people and staff
Cons
long hours at times
Save yourself
Community Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2017
Supervisory role you can never win in. Policies change all the time with no framework for roll out then you take the brunt of all the issues. Constantly struggling to please everyone but never happens. Lots of cattiness in the office with staff in other department. Little if any team work. A constant battle and no support from management. They tell you to do one thing then pull you into the office with contradictory issues. They want you to be in 50 places at once.
None of the staff are treated well including the hcas so makes it really difficult to be their supervisor as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
See above
A very enjoyable experience. I've been part of the team as well as working individually.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 October 2017
Excellent company to work for. Every day is different. I have had the privilege off meeting a diverse clientele over the years. I've been able to put my skills into use and also to learn new ones. CBI management is very supportive and always available to answer any questions I may have
Pros
Support is always avalable.
Cons
I'm not getting sufficient hours.
Bad Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 October 2017
Management tolerates employees that don't do anything. Too much politics. Does not like to pay overtime. Management looks down on frontliners. Managers are young people.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
My experience
HCA (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 October 2017
Working with CBI home health has been wonderful. This is a job you have to love what you are doing to thrive in. If your just in it for the money the clients will know by the way you act. The hours can change on a dime as it is client based. The schedulers work hard to give everyone as many hours as they need or want.
Currently CBI Home health just went through a merger with WE Care and are going through a lot of administrative changes as well changes in the field dealing with paperwork and documentation. If you stay in communication with supervisors and clinical staff this job will be amazing.
Pros
Great benefits, knowledge & open door management, room to grow
Cons
hours can fluctuate due to amount of clients
Pathetic spineless management
Healthcare aide/butt wiper (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 October 2017
Run by an easterner who needs to go home. Place is full of kiddish girlie games and who likes who politics with the so called management at the helm. Psychopaths like trish and cindy kept on board because manager is terrified of them.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Mambi pambi scheduling hippy dippy management
Stay away from this company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
Horrible company to work for! The pay is less, no enough hours, they want you to sacrifice your life for them. They will change ur schedule without notice. I wouldnt recommend a client to this company. The clients are unhappy like their staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything about this company is horrible.
Love everything about it
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 August 2017
Working here has easily been a great step in my career and I have loved the office culture that was provided through my coworkers. If I could have continued working here I would have no hesitation. This company is wonderful
Pros
Coworkers, management, office setting
Cons
A bit unorganized at times, hard to deal with upper management
Procedures done wrong, hurts staff but they don't carez
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 August 2017
I worked in Red Deer, I have sinced moved on, I had a contagious skin infection and was told by my boss, you go there and don't breath a word about what you have as that is bringing your personal life to work. When I first started I was trained for 1 hour, I have worked with nursing homes & community homes since 2001 and I have never seen such little respect for staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Staff
good environment
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
great environment to work with lots of experienced staff. Pay is good as well. I love my job because i like helping people with needs, especially older adults
learn more on this job
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
its not hard job. Everyday we learn new things , we meet different people, different style and different kinds of food on the job. we don't know but we learn how to make....we do fun with the people when they talk with us share their felling with us..
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Great workplace
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Great workplace, management is great, very good company culture, job security, great benefits.
Details oriented, equal opportunity, professional staff.
i dont know why they are still open
HCA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 May 2017
I worked with this company before it became CBI, and it was great up until about 5 years ago when everything started changing. in the last 5 years, there has been an amazing turn over in staff, both field and office. This is because management is AWEFUL and the latest management is worse to date. Coordination is terrible, the office vibe itself is horrific. Its like high school full of girls. They talk about field staff behind there back but very nice to your face, they get off the phone with staff or clients and talk about the conversation, rolling their eyes and nothing ever gets done with complaints. You never call in sick, because they will make you feel like you are a horrible person for doing so even though you are working with people that are elderly and prone to bugs, you are also told to phone in sick if you are. So the mind games are unreal. Coordination will change your schedule on you without notice and blame you for not knowing. There is no accountability for the office staff at all. Once you reach 16.85 in pay you will not get a raise. You used to make extra money to go out of town however, they pulled that and replaced it with a 150.00 supplement every 2 weeks. I used to put that in gas in my car every week. You can no longer bank vacation pay in order to have a vacation, it is paid out on every cheque now. They stopped years ago giving staff CPR training, which is pretty vital when your working alone with people that had disabilities.
There is not enough I can say bad about this company and reading the reviews, apparently its a horrible company across Canada.
  more...

The clients are amazing. Working one on one with the clients is amazing.
Pros
the clients and working alone
Cons
everything else sucks
Cbi
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 May 2017
A typical day at work would be going from home yo home mostly working in the senior community. I learned how to fix problems on my own because normally you are on your own during a work shift.
Educational opportunity to be frank
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2017
It is good hands on experience. Management is not the finest. Smoke breaks seem to be where everyone gossips so everything is always going through something. People are spiteful too
Pros
Free food
bad place ever to be
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2017
they do not care about their employees, they make workers fight against each other by telling all the reports from one co-worker to another which it is not a part of the confidentiality . they do not care about if you are sick or not. the management sucks the work is as well as in long-term care but they do not give at least the salary of group home plus they are very disrespectful and do not know about human being they just care about their money not even about their client complain. TOO BAD.
Fantastic opportunities
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON11 April 2017
I can't say enough about this company! While faced with ongoing health issues, CBI went above and beyond to assist me. Fantastic teamwork while allowing you to be independent in delivering in home nursing care! A wonderful opportunity to learn new skills while working for a great organization!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7