CBI Health Group Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Worse Massage job ever
RMT (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 2, 2016
Management was a joke. Not helpful. Ignorant and had a superiority issue. Physiotherapist had the same attitude. Thought they were gods. Company only carers about bottom line $ and revenue.. Patients were cash cows once the insurance was used up they were dismissed. Overcharged insurance companies for paper work.. $50 for a few check boxes filled out. This came off the patients insurance so less money for treatments. Low class attitudes during meetings. If patient wasn't improving in the physio standards they were discharged without question. Sadly I had many many amazing clients who I shared in their treatment plans with the physio.. clients would confide in me saying it was making them worse and massage was the only thing helping however physio has final say.. I lost many patients to being discharged without my consultation. The admin was like being in high school. I commuted between a few clinics and by the time I'd reach the next the admins would've called each other about an incident at their clinic or just to talk behind our backs.... I could on and on about how terrible it was.. I would never ever work for them or advise someone to go for treatment there. They don't have ppls health at priority it's all about the dollar. And since 90% of the claims are work place injuries or MVAs they know they're getting paid..
Pros
salary i guess
Cons
greedy money hungry
This was an internship
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 12, 2016
Internship set up through my college. Great bunch of people I worked with.
Excellent teachers to new students.Opening to teaching you everything you need to know
Loved my clients
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Loved my job and my clients that I got to deal with on a daily basis. and was able to see when out in the community. I was delivering care plans to home care clients and was able to see elderly on a daily basis
Job was pretty good. Disorganized and chaotic work environment
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 18, 2016
The job itself was pretty good. I learned a new computer system and enjoyed the many interactions between behavoural interventionists and the children.

There were some very long hours with few breaks. For example, for a 101/2 hour shift, only one half hour break. Management was invisible. Too many bosses. I liked my co-workers.
Pros
New skills learned
Cons
Long hours, very little training
Very poorly managed company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 22, 2015
Monarch House: very poorly run, chaotic, no orientation, infighting amongst staff, broken equipment, profit driven over all else
complete jerks
healthcare aide (Former Employee) –  Red DeerNovember 29, 2015
Spineless management that allows themselves to be bullied and pushed around by loudmouth staff. One who takes as much time off as she works. Management and office staff manipulated by incompetent suckups. If you are a bulley or a butt kisser, thisjob is for you.
Pros
quitting
Cons
unprofessional and spineless management
Awesome Workplace
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 21, 2015
Workload is just right. There are some instances where we need to work faster or longer but overall it's not that often. If we do work longer it's mostly us who wants to finish the work ahead of schedule to have higher performance.

Majority of the time management listens to technical experts advice. Either if work cannot be done due to work load being too heavy or approach on how to tackle the project, management is reasonable yet stern. We do have to deliver a projects in budget with high quality.
Pros
Culture (no finger pointing), Credit is given, Everyone is willing to help
Cons
Technology used is not the latest hype, but that is to be expected as we are not a Technology company
A very fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2015
CBI was a great place to work with great people. It was an active environment which is very enjoyable. The work load was sufficient per person and I enjoyed the work I did. If the pay was higher, I would never have left.
Pros
Great employees and work
Cons
pay was too low
Worked as a indipendant casual Rehabilitation Assistant
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgan Heights & Broadway Pentecostal LodgeOctober 6, 2015
When working for CBI, I worked alone. A week before my shifts I attended shadows at each facility. A typical day was busy and I was always on the move. I learned how to work alone and be indipendant. Managment was very thoughtful and made sure that all quetions were asked. The hardest part of this job was when residents refused exercise and asking for help from staff to help with a resident. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I somehow helped people during my day and seeing people enjoy recieving this kind of care.
Management has no values
PT (Former Employee) –  B.C.August 27, 2015
Terribly disorganized; management (there were so many, I still dont know who my boss was) could not deal with simple issues, had a very intimidating attitude towards staff and constantly projected their mistakes onto those around them. I cant recommend this place after my experience.
Pros
Location, Hours
Cons
Disorganized, Management needs retraining
Caring and commited to helping clients get better faster
Regional Admistrator (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 17, 2015
I have worked for CBI for a number of years and have really enjoyed all aspects of my job. The clinic environments are full of caring, knowledgeable people who are dedicated to helping people get better. I am very proud to say that I work for CBI.

2.8