CBI Health Centre Employee Reviews

People that really cared...for their clients and their profession.
Patient (Former Employee) –  Courtney B.C28 July 2017
Iam am very thankful for the help and support I received from my group at the cbi. I felt they cared about me ...getting myself healthy again..physically and mentally. I found it very educational. And I believe they gave me the formula for a happy healthy lifestyle to use on my own from there on for a pain free life. All I can say is Thank You ! And it was a pleasure to meet people who truly did care.
Pros
All pro
Cons
Saying bye
Professional workplace with alot of knowledgable preofessionals.
2 County Court Blvd. - Physio-Assistant (Former Employee) –  2 county court blvd.27 July 2017
It was a great place to learn the basics of how a workplace functions. The workers there were very polite and willing to teach you not only about they're profession, but the ins and outs of how to get the most out of any job you decide to do.
Pros
knowledge building experience, relatively standard hours.
Cons
too much free time (for me).
Not a great place to work...
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 June 2017
Was part-time and was expected to know the job inside and out after 24 combined hours of working there. This included learning WCB billing, medical services billing, ICBC billing, etc... At the same time was booking appointments, greeting clients, filing and answering phones etc... One would have to be wonder woman to learn how to do everything and to do everything well in 24 hours...Expectations unattainable. With proper training and a reasonable amount of time to learn it would have been no problem... And I have over 30 years experience as an Admin Asst...! I can't imagine how someone with no experience would cope... they would probably go home crying every night..
Pros
Cons
Expected to learn job thorougly in 24 work hours...
How is it a Best Managed Company???
Health Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 May 2017
Staff and clients were awesome! Enjoyed every bit of it!
Management on the other hand was terrible from the clinic manager to the regional manager. NO ONE communicates with you. The expect things without communication! Was very frustrating!

Salary - one 3 percent raise in 5 yrs

Can't really advance in job position unless you work at head office.
Pros
Benefits and 3 weeks vacation, great co-workers and clients
Cons
Poor management and no room for advancement
Fantastic
Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS6 May 2017
My time at CBI Health Centre was great. The staff were very helpful with preparing me for my career. The staff and clients were friendly and the staff had no problem helping me with any questions I had..
Pros
Free lunch every week.
Cons
None.
Administrator
Faculty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 March 2017
A typical day at work includes general administrative duties.
This Corporations is very difficult to fit into. If you follow strict ever-changing policy and procedure you will be ok. However the management is made up of overworked underpaid stressed out people. The hardest part of the job is fitting in to a workplace culture that judges and grades you and measures your success by what they see as a policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.
Spineless management
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Ted deer23 February 2017
The office staff snubs the health care aides. Management plays favourites and caters to loudmouth bullies that demand their schedule be made just so. There are health care aides that should be FIRED for unprofessional conduct in people's homes but silly girlie management cannot cough up the testicular matter to do it. So any and all conduct goes. Mambi pambi scheduling.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Everything.
Excellent clinic to get Physiotherapy done!!
Physiotherapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC31 January 2017
Typical day? Depends on the clients and what the therapist needs from me.
What I learned? How to be fast on my feet, going out of my comfort zone..just to name a few :)
Management? Best I've seen so far. On top of everything.
Workplace culture? Home away from home.
Hardest part? Seeing clients in pain when they first come into the clinic.
Most enjoyable? Everything!
Pros
Cons
Actually having to leave for the day.
Great Coworkers, Less Than Great Pay
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
As someone with a University Undergrad Degree, I would have anticipated being paid a career-type salary - meaning, I wouldn't need a second job to make ends meet. I believe that CBI Health means well, but Kinesiologists seem to be treated as replaceable, instead of invested in for the future. It's too bad really - I thoroughly enjoy(ed) my time with CBI Health - my coworkers made the difference. I felt great waking up each morning to spend the day with people who became my closest friends; but alas, the stressors of financial restraint and feeling as though the company really didn't value me or my potential proved too difficult. I'd recommend this company if you want to gain some Kin experience, but expect to need a second job for the first couple years until you do enough for the company that they go to bat for you.
Pros
Great culture, independence
Cons
Pay, Feeling Undervalued
Productive, fun, edcational place to be
Clinic Assistant Support (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2016
The physiotherapist took her time to explain the exercises in detail, that was used on the patient. Both the physiotherapist and the assistant took their time in showing me the routines of the day and preparing me for the physiotherapy world. Very cheerful environment.
Pros
Private Clinic
Cons
No chance of employment at that time
productive workplace
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2016
amazing place to work at and get some experience, nice people to work with and a professional work environment. great place
Great place to work!
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 January 2016
Great place to work! Staff very knowledgeable and caring. Very clean and sanitary. Clinic is operated with the upmost integrity.
Depends on where you are in Canada
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2015
This company, for the most part really strives to welcome you and make sure you settle in in your position. The pay is pretty good depending on what you're doing however the location in which I was working was filled with gossip and cattyness like most office environments. Management changed almost as soon as I started and it went downhill from there as the new boss had some kind of mission to replace everyone that was already working there. I was also expected to do things outside of my job description and things I wasn't qualified to do which made my job harder than it was to begin with. I would highly recommend this company if you happen upon a great location with a great support team, this wasn't the case in my experience and it's unfortunate that it didn't work out.
Cons
Stressful, you bring the work home with you
Fun workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  richmond bc10 February 2015
CBI is a pretty good company in terms of working atmosphere, my coworkers are nice and friendly, I do enjoy working with them, but I feel I am moving too slowly because of the company’s size. So, I want a more challenging job with more responsibility and new experience.
Very active based clinic, for the healing of injuries due to MVA, Workplace, etc.,
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough22 August 2014
Great place to work, very much a home feeling. The people are very friendly, outgoing individuals. The management team are extremely patient, in explaining things in a meaningful way in which helps the learning process run smoothly.

It has been a welcoming learning experience.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8