CB&I Employee Reviews

productive place
Legal Document Controller, Quality Control audits (Former Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 6, 2015
CBI is the best engineering company, family oriented, productive, good to their employees, the pay is good, company is also flexible with vacation time
Pros
good pay
Going downhill pretty fast
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 21, 2015
Worst place ever. No communication from management. Keeping people in dark. Good old boy club. Its a political mine field. Cbi still stands for cousin brothers and in laws.

Cbi picks naive uni grads from school and make them work like dogs. Once energy is sapped out of them. HR rotates them with new crop of grads.

They sell you dream, tell you that you can be manager. .which is not possible unless you rub right shoulders.

I am PMP and P.eng. worked in multinational companies. Never came across how this Canadian division was run. Might be different in US. But i am not holding my breath.
Worked many hours
Mechanical Completions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Oil Sands, AlbertaMarch 5, 2015
I had a great time at this position, due to the day was in full of duties. I learned alot about engineering and redlines in this position because it was all about the turnover process to the client. My co-workers were all about getting the job done correctly, which made this absolutely great for me.The hardest part to this job was leaving it, I fully enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of this job was the learning curves to submit a timely and correct turnover to the client.
Great employer
Safety Trainer/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl LakeFebruary 24, 2015
it was super ! I enjoyed working with all the different trades, people from all over world. Made new friends was a great experience would gladly return.
Excellent Company , Well Run , Pleasure to work for
Piping Jr. Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake Ft. McMurray ABOctober 19, 2014
Fast paced, well planned , tight timelines keep the job interesting . Overall great company
Pros
great pay scale
Cons
long hours, rotations
It was the perfect job experience at this time in my life
LEMs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2014
I learned a lot while working at the Kearl Lake Project for CBI. My experience in construction litigation was beneficial as I received hands on experience on the documents created in this area.
Pros
i have now caught up on my retirement funds and am more secure
Cons
living in a camp situation took a lot of determination and patience, in the end it was very enjoyable and i miss it lots
Learnt a lot from established working environment
PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER, PLANNING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray Alberta CanadaFebruary 23, 2014
Improved my expertise, excellent working conditions. Professional approach
NA
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta, CanadaFebruary 4, 2014
CB&I is a great company work for. Safety is the number one priority always striving to reach 0 incidents. Will train there people to be proficient in there role, and are able to work all over the world.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Run away dood. Run far Run fast
Former employee (Former Employee) –  CB&IMay 31, 2013
A place with no career development opportunities and no job security

Nothing called work smart has been heard by managers
Worldwide leader in energy development
PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 21, 2013
CB&I is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.

As one of the most complete providers of a wide range of services including design, engineering, construction, fabrication, maintenance and environmental services, no project is too big for CB&I.
very productive company
General Foremen (Current Employee) –  Kearl Oil SandsJanuary 18, 2013
The management team and co-workers are very supportive and cooperative. The hardest part of the job is the completion of the last 10% of construction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to think outside the box.
Pros
cover travel expences
Cons
irregular shifts