CB&I

CB&I Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was the perfect job experience at this time in my life
LEMs Coordinator (Former Employee), Kearl Lake, AlbertaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: i have now caught up on my retirement funds and am more secure
Cons: living in a camp situation took a lot of determination and patience, in the end it was very enjoyable and i miss it lots
I learned a lot while working at the Kearl Lake Project for CBI. My experience in construction litigation was beneficial as I received hands on experience on the documents created in this area.
Learnt a lot from established working environment
PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER, PLANNING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Fort McMurray Alberta CanadaFebruary 23, 2014
Improved my expertise, excellent working conditions. Professional approach
NA
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee), Alberta, CanadaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
CB&I is a great company work for. Safety is the number one priority always striving to reach 0 incidents. Will train there people to be proficient in there role, and are able to work all over the world.
very productive company
General Foremen (Current Employee), Kearl Oil SandsJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: cover travel expences
Cons: irregular shifts
The management team and co-workers are very supportive and cooperative. The hardest part of the job is the completion of the last 10% of construction. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to think outside the box.
good work place
QA/QC inspector (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZDecember 13, 2014
very good company . good work culture is there .better suport from co wokers
Excellent place to work.
HR Asst. 1 (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GADecember 12, 2014
Wonderful place to work. The company cares about the employee. The people are like a big family. LOVED IT!
excellent salary
Form Carpenter (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 5, 2014
Excellent salary but benefits are expensive. Extremely physical work for form carpentry, harness and cable. Co workers are great and management as well.
Regular
Coordinator (Former Employee), CartagenaDecember 4, 2014
Typical Oil & Gas Company. A bit disorganized and off budget over 100%.
Great atmosphere to be around
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2014
The daily task of the job was to check the products made by other neighboring departments to assure products are in specifications of the company. During my time with the company I learned how to conduct an assortment of test with the mechanical use of Varian, Chromatograph Operation, ICP, and other distinctive instrumentation for sample processing. – more... The management at the company was great at times, but had places where improvement was needed. While working with the company I felt I had a great relationship with them. We worked together well. The hardest part of the job was the demand of the other departments at times. Other than the demand I would say the job was enjoyable to be at. – less
A very productive place to work
Service Order Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: servicing the military soldiers and civilians
Cons: the pay
This job allowed me to provide services for the Military and DOD/NAF/Government Contract employees on a daily basis. I learned to process Work Orders for the various Units once they were approved by the Government.
I learned and became proficient in GFEBS and cPROJECTS, which is the software by which the Government tracks funding for the Military Bases – more... and DOD sites.
Worked in concert with a very efficient team, as we were for the most part prior military, therefore we understood the need for the soldier.
The hardest part of this job was having moments of system malfunctions due to our main servers being in another state, therefore not allowing us to effectively do our jobs and service the customer.
What I enjoyed most about this job was servicing the Customer and ensuring their paperwork was processed properly. – less
Good company-
Senior Piping Superintendent (Current Employee), Cartagena, ColombiaNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good managers, hr, and pay
Cons: it's construction, so the work schedule may vary, and work is unsteady
Good managers, HR dept. is great.
The company genuinely cares about personal safety, their employees and delivering a quality built project to the client.

Like anywhere else, when you do your best to show that you are an asset to the company, the managers of that company will do their best to help you grow with the company.
If you are not committed – more... to doing a great job, safely and up to the client's expectations, don't expect to advance. – less
Great co-workers, management supports employees for project completion.
Contract Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Canton, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: supportive management
Cons: north east weather
Challenging projects and great co-workers. Canton office was 15 minute drive. Vogtle Site was 30 mile drive but took one hour because of traffic.
Overall, a great place to work!
Fitter/Welder (Current Employee), Delcambre, LANovember 22, 2014
CB&I is a great place to work. 95% of the guys are team players. The hardest part of the job is working 18 hours a day for several days in a row! 12 and 14 hour days are relatively easy. The management are good guys to work for, that treat you with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is, after completing a particular project, being able – more... to stand back and be proud of a job well done. A job that I don't mind writing my name on. I care about my reputation as a good fitter and welder. I take pride in my work. Always doing my best, not taking any short-cuts. – less
Not enough work
UXO Technician II / III (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 18, 2014
Met some good people to work with and got a good learning experience with the QC and the Safety on site.
Productive goiod place to work
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Delcambre, LANovember 17, 2014
Pros: learning, training
Cons: not enough long term work
Fast paste work enviorment, good peopleto work round, home every night, good benifits, learned alot from co-workers
CB&I poor ethic, wages, and moral.
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee), Corpus ChristiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: safe
Cons: under paid
Poor work ethic, poor wages, poor management. etc Working with too many under paid men brings poor moral to the bunch.
Metal fabrication and manufactuing
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Laurens, SCNovember 6, 2014
I enjoy this work and job very much.I enjoy the people very much.
Large Company which values employees
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits, multiple work locations, great management team
Cons: typical construction industry workforce fluxuations
The work environment was almost always the peak of professionalism. There is pressure to complete tasks on time & under budget, but micromanagement is very rare. I was provided all manner of training, coaching, and support. My co-workers are great to work with and always willing to lend a hand. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team atmosphere, – more... the travel, and the challenges. The hardest part of the job can be the typical red tape process hindering rapid action common to large company's. – less
Very professional, enjoyed working with my colleagues
QA/QC - Inspector II (Former Employee), Geismar, LAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good working atmosphere, good insurance
Cons: did not keep me working, hourly rate could have been better
I enjoyed learning CB&I's tracking programs, management and co-workers were pleasant. I would say that the hardest part of the project was the frustration dealing with the I&E contractor. The most enjoyable was the completion of my discipline
LAKE CHARLES FACILITY IS HORRIBLE!!!!! DO NOT APPLY!!!!!!
BEWARE OF CBI (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: high salary
Cons: horrible company, management, & culture!!!!!!!!!
Management SUCKS!!!
BACK STABBERS EVERYWHERE!!!!!
ECP has HORRIBLE manager that knows NOTHING!!!!
NCR will close the Lake Charles facility if they keep it up!!!!!
Production personnel are very dishonest!!!!!
Brother-in-law, good ole boy facility!!!!!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT CB&I!!!!!!
HORRIBLE TURNOVER RATE WITH EMPLOYEES

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more