Harris Computer Systems has been providing complete Customer Information System (CIS) and Financial Management solutions exclusively to public and municipal utilities for over 31 years. Our track record speaks for itself. We are an experienced, solid company with proven solutions that are presently in use by over 3,000 customers across North America. We are the number one provider of powerful Financial and CIS solutions because of our specialized understanding of the electric, water and gas utility industry and our commitment to customer relationships.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
- Participate on a team developing user interfaces for a browser based solution.
- Creation and maintenance of application code that meets design specifications, follows Cayenta standards, and is easy to maintain, including documentation.
- Code review for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the requirements.
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
- Participate in product and technical direction/design discussions.
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
- Ability to estimate work as requested.
- Great communication skills, that includes ability to communicate with internal and external people as changes occur in tasks assigned
- Customer-service oriented
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with User interface design principles including task-centered design, UI patterns, usability heuristics, and information architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in software application development using the following languages:
- Experience using ExtJS is preferred but not necessary
- Mobile Application development experience is desirable
- Scrum and Agile practices experience
- J2EE: JMS, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, Servlet, JSP, JAXP, Struts, Spring, Hibernate
- Networking: TCP/UDP, Multi-threading, Concurrency
- Servers: Apache Tomcat
- Utilities: Jira, Spiratest, Jenkins
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
- Operating systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
- Development tools: IntelliJIDEA, Subversion , Toad
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities.
Indeed - 10 months ago