Cavendish Farms Employee Reviews in Canada

Team Environment
Labour Relations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 28, 2016
Tasks vary everyone helps each other out. Working at Cavendish Farms I learned a lot about the office environment, the way it operates and the environment in general.
cavendish farms
utility position (Former Employee) –  PESeptember 28, 2015
there was a double standard, and certain people were allowed to disregard the rules. was hard to know which set of rules to follow. supervisors were nice for the most part but once again depended on who you were. if they liked you, then you had no worries but if they took a dislike then you had to watch your back cause they would write you up and punish you for minor infractions so as to build a case to have one fired.
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
hard to get time off
shift work job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kensington, PESeptember 7, 2015
It was a shift work job. There were lots of employees, many different personalities. It was a good job for someone who enjoys being inside and on their feet all day.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
shift work
Great pay
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  New Annan, PEJuly 10, 2015
Lots of manual labour but great pay. Co-workers and most supervisors are easy to get along with. Not a fan of management upstairs.
Cons
Long hours, overnights, shift work
Great Company to work for
QCI / General laborer/Line worker (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ONMarch 6, 2015
This company is very great, everyone is always helpful. The hardest part of the job was working in the different temperatures, pack room is really cold and cook room is very hot
Pros
fri, sat, sun off
Cons
12 shifts
Great job
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 19, 2014
My experience at Cavendish farms was great, I worked with a great team, whom constantly worked with me to strive for my own success. I only left this job because I moved back to the east coast
good work schedule
Package Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  PEJune 24, 2014
work schedule, 4 days on 4 days off, was best part of job, had time to schedule things like doctor, dentist, other appointments around work days and didn't have to miss work.
Revolving door at senior sales management.
Southeast Division Manager, Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 7, 2014
When market conditions are in balance with inventory and margins this is a great company. However, company does not respond well to competitive environment when things are not in balance. Usually a losing season in terms of meeting fiscal budget will result in changes in senior management.
Pros
great benefits. great products.
Cons
no job security. no tools to respond to competitive environment.
Great Staff on all levels, Great incentive programs plus additional discounts and holiday gifts.
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Anna, PEJanuary 23, 2014
Cavendish Farm's was a great place to start my career with many opportunities to learn. They are a very large work site with many different aspects to their company.
Pros
free lunches occasionally, large work site, free turkey to all employees for christmas( 700 plus employees)
ok place to work, just not for me anymore
plant services (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PEJanuary 3, 2014
my day of work starts at 6am till 6pm, have daily checks to do on oil tanks an levels,, chemical inventory , get more out if needed, ect mix alcohol to a level allowed in a food plant an also javex. ,, fix all hoses in the 2 food plants, may be adding a few feet, to crimping new fittings on.. could be hanging pictures to plumbing, to snow removel an salting, I work with one other guy an we just take calls togeather all day,, no job to big or small, we do them all,, the hardest part would have to be is keeping up with the irving standard of his plant,, we do are best in everything we do, an it great meting new people an helping with there issues
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
only make 15$ a hour
Great place to work. Awesome Management.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kensington, PEINovember 11, 2013
This was a great company to work for. There was always management working with you and they were never afraid to get their hands dirty. It was a hard job with long hours but the co-workers always seemed to make the time shorter.
Pros
free drives to locations. great management.
Cons
long hours.
Good people to work with.
Field representative for Cavendish Farms (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDJune 13, 2013
My job was a contract possition, and it was for a finite term, which has ended. Good compamy to work with, and great people.
Pros
i was on my own as far as time of work and oversee.
Cons
long way from the plant office so sometimes felt out of the loop.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 4, 2013
Typical day at work: Process invoices, responds to email and phone calls from vendors and purchase department, inquire about issues, or request approval on invoices
Skills learned: Data entry, some HST rules, reconciliations
Management: Great
Co-workers: Very friendly good people
Hardest part of job: Workload- always work to do, never able to be truly "caught up"
Most enjoyable part of job: General atmosphere- great co-workers, great company.
Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  New Annan, PEJune 23, 2012
Fast pace, always try to find something to do.
I learned a lot, How to get along well with others, how to comunicate with others, and admit when you are wrong. Management and the floor need to associate more, management seemed to be better then employees. They never seemed to have the time for employees. Getting a job posting was difficult because management didn't want certain people move up the ladder. I loved my job, i enjoyed working with people in general i enjoyed working with Cavendish.