Cavendish Farms

Cavendish Farms Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job
General labourer (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABAugust 19, 2014
My experience at Cavendish farms was great, I worked with a great team, whom constantly worked with me to strive for my own success. I only left this job because I moved back to the east coast
good work schedule
Package Machine Operator (Former Employee), PEJune 24, 2014
work schedule, 4 days on 4 days off, was best part of job, had time to schedule things like doctor, dentist, other appointments around work days and didn't have to miss work.
Revolving door at senior sales management.
Southeast Division Manager, Foodservice (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits. great products.
Cons: no job security. no tools to respond to competitive environment.
When market conditions are in balance with inventory and margins this is a great company. However, company does not respond well to competitive environment when things are not in balance. Usually a losing season in terms of meeting fiscal budget will result in changes in senior management.
Great Staff on all levels, Great incentive programs plus additional discounts and holiday gifts.
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee), New Anna, PEJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches occasionally, large work site, free turkey to all employees for christmas( 700 plus employees)
Cavendish Farm's was a great place to start my career with many opportunities to learn. They are a very large work site with many different aspects to their company.
ok place to work, just not for me anymore
plant services (Former Employee), Summerside, PEJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: only make 15$ a hour
my day of work starts at 6am till 6pm, have daily checks to do on oil tanks an levels,, chemical inventory , get more out if needed, ect mix alcohol to a level allowed in a food plant an also javex. ,, fix all hoses in the 2 food plants, may be adding a few feet, to crimping new fittings on.. could be hanging pictures to plumbing, to snow removel an salting, I work with one other guy an we just take calls togeather all day,, no job to big or small, we do them all,, the hardest part would have to be is keeping up with the irving standard of his plant,, we do are best in everything we do, an it great meting new people an helping with there issues
Great place to work. Awesome Management.
Labourer (Former Employee), Kensington, PEINovember 11, 2013
Pros: free drives to locations. great management.
Cons: long hours.
This was a great company to work for. There was always management working with you and they were never afraid to get their hands dirty. It was a hard job with long hours but the co-workers always seemed to make the time shorter.
Good people to work with.
Field representative for Cavendish Farms (Former Employee), Jamestown, NDJune 13, 2013
Pros: i was on my own as far as time of work and oversee.
Cons: long way from the plant office so sometimes felt out of the loop.
My job was a contract possition, and it was for a finite term, which has ended. Good compamy to work with, and great people.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJune 4, 2013
Typical day at work: Process invoices, responds to email and phone calls from vendors and purchase department, inquire about issues, or request approval on invoices
Skills learned: Data entry, some HST rules, reconciliations
Management: Great
Co-workers: Very friendly good people
Hardest part of job: Workload- always work to do, never able to be truly "caught up"
Most enjoyable part of job: General atmosphere- great co-workers, great company.
Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), New Annan, PEJune 23, 2012
Fast pace, always try to find something to do.
I learned a lot, How to get along well with others, how to comunicate with others, and admit when you are wrong. Management and the floor need to associate more, management seemed to be better then employees. They never seemed to have the time for employees. Getting a job posting was difficult because management didn't want certain people move up the ladder. I loved my job, i enjoyed working with people in general i enjoyed working with Cavendish.