CAUSEWORX Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Incredible Culture
TELEFUNDRAISER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
This company has a great go-get-em attitude and will do anything they can for you. The work is stressful and high pressure with little down time and every day starts at zero. The management is the perfect balance of hands on, while allowing their team to work without micro-managing. Fantastic all round team that is based in respect, feedback, and cooperation.

The job can get repetitive and wear on your sense of the Wide World of Fundraising, but it is balanced out with the satisfaction of doing a good deed while completing a good days work.

Co-workers are quick to support you and interested in finding resolution to issues that may arise. You must be ready to speak up and have to have a strong self of self motivation to succeed. There is no room for hand holding. Days are long and your passion for the people is what carries you through. If you don't like establishing relationships over long distances, this isn't for you. If you thrive with high expectation, high performance, and multitasking, you will love it here!

It's all about the relationship you can build quickly over the phone, with nothing but the sound of your voice and the tones you communicate with. Pretty cool if you think about it.
Pros
Incredible work relationships
Cons
Long hours, incentive structure
Starts off great, Goes down hill real quick
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada27 July 2016
They make a great first impression and that is where it ends. They talk about transparency when you are hired but its all lies. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Some of the management are really nice and helpful and some I don't know how they still have jobs. People skills for "Coaches or team leaders" should be top priority and there is one particular "coach" who is very hot and cold. One minute she is overly almost sarcastically nice, and the other minute she is talking to you like a child. I have never been talked down to in my life like this woman has done. I have spoken with others and it seems to be a comment across the board. There are also way too many cooks in the kitchen. All of the managers seems to have the same job , title, and position. It is extremely ineffective. Great job for a couple of months and then you will start to see the big cracks in their infrastructure. Poorly Run.
Pros
Money is decent
Cons
unorganized, Poorly Run, Some managerial staff are not cut out for their positions, They are not consistent with their message, They do not produce what they say they are going to. Smoke and Mirrors first impression
horrible experience
Tele-fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2016
Seemed like a good company at first.
During my first shift, I was monitored and 'coached' so much to the point of harassment. It was an awful experience.
In addition, I was calling elder people living in the U.S. who were living on a fixed income and hardly had any money. This job is morally wrong.
So I quit because of the harassment and they did not pay me for the two days I took off my regular full time job for their training. I am currently fighting this through the Ontario ministry of labor, and have also registered this company on BBB.
Pros
it's all for a good cause, at least I think it is.
Cons
way too much pressure and monitoring/coaching/pressure/harassment.
Never again
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Working from home is great, but self employed at this rate of pay per hr does not add up at the end. They say you can choice your hours of work but you are scheduled. They will call you if your numbers drop or just cancel your shift. There is not real training. If your into this type of treatment you'll love this job if not run...run for the hills.
Pros
great charites and causes
Cons
too pushy on sales

Want to know more about CAUSEWORX?

Ask a question