Job Description – Public Relations Intern
CauseForce is an events firm with headquarters in Los Angeles and offices across Canada and Australia. The company produces blockbuster cancer fundraising events for its clients; raising over $550 million in the last 10 years. CauseForce continues to experience dramatic growth with its brands - The Ride to Conquer Cancer, the Underwear Affair, The Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women’s Cancers, and The Concrete Hero.
Vancouver based events benefit BC Cancer Foundation.
Communication’s main roles are threefold: 1) drive registrations and fundraising for our events through unpaid media coverage 2) raise awareness about event beneficiaries and their mission through coverage and 3) protect and expand the brand equity of our events via the media.
ROLE OF INTERN:
The role of the intern is to assist the Communications Department with all aspects of media relations and running of the department. The ultimate goal is to get more and better unpaid media coverage for our clients and our event brands.
In this position, the intern will get to perform real tasks- including pitching media, coordinating interviews, helping with conceptual design of PR stunts and events and doing the nitty-gritty in terms of PR work for major events – several of which the we expect our interns to be present at.
The opportunity is great and the potential for learning through real experience is immense. This is not your average photocopy and filing sort of internship.
The intern will report directly to the Communications Manager.
- Pitch stories to media (print, TV, radio and online)
- Assist in conceptual design and media relations of PR stunts and other press events
- Research and present participant stories for media coverage
- Compile and maintain “media intelligence lists”
- Help create wrap reports that summarize media coverage.
- Coordinate interviews and ensure relations with media are smooth
- Help as needed with internal communications
- Daily media monitoring
- Strong writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of digital communications and new communications technologies
A monthly honorarium will be provided.