Cato Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place of employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL16 January 2018
I actually loved my position and enjoyed working with the customers, however the store manager is terrible. Lack of communication between management and employee's. She's very UNprofessional. If she was replaced I would definitely consider taking my job back.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack oc communication
A good job for a yound individual or retired individual. The pay was far too low to provide for family
Sales Assistant in a part time capacity (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TN16 January 2018
My overall expeirience with the Company was a good one. I just didnt make enough to support my family. it became more reasonable to be a stay at home mother
Working at Cato
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, AL16 January 2018
I loved working at Cato, but part time workers had to do 10 times as much as full time workers. All the full time workers had to do was count the money and put it the safe. Part time workers had to clean and reorganize the store. They had to dress the mannequins and full time workers just watched which I didn't think was fair at all. I believe that everything should have been 50/50.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Was not fair working environment
Fun workplace, but horrible management
Retail 1st Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AL11 January 2018
I enjoyed my position with Cato. But the animosity, hostility and drama amongst the employees made the job almost unlikeable. The store manager keep this drama going, instead of creating a calm, peaceful environment.
Pros
Interacting with customers and making sure that satisfaction was key.
Cons
Poor management
Not a bad place to work
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX11 January 2018
It wasn’t all that bad when I first started, I moved up fairly quickly in the company. Co workers were easy to get along with and friendly. Customers weren’t all bad either.
A productive and fun job
1st Assistant store manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NM9 January 2018
A typical day at work consist of pushing sales and giving great customer service. It teaches you how to create great relations with customers in an up beat environment. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the ever changing product and changing the displays to feature the new product. With that said the people you work with are always there to help you succeed and make the work place an enjoyable place to be.
productiove work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL8 January 2018
great atmosphere, great people, customers give great reviews, staff gets along. communication is among the ladies is great . district manger answers all questions
Non stop
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI8 January 2018
I did everything. I loved helping my clients. I would over see any changes and give direction. Setting the schedule based on performances and the company's needs. Process and put out freight.
Pros
Making the clients feel beautiful, discounts, new merchandise every week, and paid vacations
Cons
low payroll to achieve major changes in the store
Not a great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 322238 January 2018
Working at Cato was great at first then it slowly got worse, the managers started to get rude and show their true colors, and they only care about themselves.
Pros
Get 20% off all perchases
Great Managers Better Store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TX8 January 2018
The managers at Cato were wonderful! Loved working there! They took great pride in their stores and their staff! Would definitely recommend working here!
Fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 752436 January 2018
Working here was the best. You learn so much as in great fashion taste, customer service skills, cash handling skills. A work day here is kinda like if you were working to me in a fashion place where you will be taking pictures. The management here is very friendly, family oriented. You are able to grow with this company no matter who you know. The pay is the only thing I had an issue with. The most enjoyable part of the job is like you get to place dress up with real people helping them find the right outfits for any occasion.
Pros
Fun, close as family or friends
Cons
Pay
good place to work helping the local community
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend4 January 2018
I enjoyed working here as part of their team helping and supporting others and making sure the day to day operations went smoothly with no problems or issues.
Pros
it was good to help the local community
Cons
Not permanent work
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL2 January 2018
Does not pay enough but is a great job for students in high school or just recently graduated searching for employment. Also a great way to get into retail.
Uma gestão quase completamente horizontal, pessoas agradavéis
Administrativo (Current Employee) –  Sorocaba, SP2 January 2018
Meu trabalho consiste em cobrar relatórios mensais dos desempenhos das diferentes áreas do Centro Acadêmico: financeiro, projetos, comunicação, infraestrutura, etc. Com os relatórios fazer uma análise e prontificar o relatório geral do Centro Acadêmico.

Há um revezamento de 3 horas por semana na venda de produtos do centro acadêmico. Há um sistema de vendas onde ficam cadastrados nosso estoque de produtos e lucros.

As reuniões são administradas e marcadas pelo administrativo, portanto devo realizar atas de reuniões, distribuir pontos para quem não pode comparecer nas reuniões e avaliar se os motivos de não aparecimento são justos.

A parte mais difícil do trabalho é a cobrança de outras áreas.

A parte mais legal do trabalho é poder ter uma visão da evolução da empresa de uma melhor forma.
Its an okay job but they are so strict and on your back at all times.
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GA1 January 2018
Ive been with Cato 7 years and they are probably one of the worst companies ive ever worked for. There are very few raises and when you get one its very small. Only pto is offered and so if you need sick time you get no vacation.
mediocre
Part time employee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO30 December 2017
A typical day at work consisted of standing behind the cash registers and waiting for customers. I helped with fitting rooms and sizes whenever needed. I learned how to handle money better and work with people more. Management could of been better at communicating. I felt as if I had hardly been taught anything, but more like just thrown into the mix. I never knew exactly how much per hour I ever made, or the processes for everything. Even though management took blame for me not knowing the processes, I was just docked points for not being taught. It was very slow and I constantly felt like I was out of place.
fun work place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL29 December 2017
I like working a cato because I love fashion and I had a chance to help other people with their fashion and made them feel good. the job was a relaxed pace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GA 3072127 December 2017
Very Busy
no down time
same routine weekly
Great support from RVP
Great visual impact through the store
one grass-root event per year
No extra driving the business to impact the traffic
Pros
displays & floor moves
Cons
markdowns every sunday
Loved the retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VA27 December 2017
The clothes were affordable. I just didn't get paid a competitive salary for what the managers position demanded. I liked the discount as well. Fun job
A day at Cato Fashions
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisiana27 December 2017
Cato is a fun environment. Sometimes the customers give grief and attitude but the majority if the time the people you work with makeup for the customer. There hours depending on the store can be long and sometimes there are periods of being short staffed and everyone takes a hit. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for so long. the easiest part is the relaxed setting. Management is great sometimes.
Pros
relaxed work enviornment.
Cons
short breaks, low pay.