Catholic Social Services

Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good environment and great colleagues
Child and Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great support, schedule, professional
Cons: stressful
A great learning experience and although challenging, very rewarding. I learned a great deal about autism that I would have never learned and love making a difference on a daily basis.
CYW and FASD Transitional Worker
Youth Worker and Child and Youth Assistant (Current Employee), WetaskiwinNovember 28, 2014
I loved my job here and the clients. I found however that staff was underpaid and the government should be funding more dollars for these programs as well.
Good until i had a new boss
Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good benifit packages
Cons: lyers
Old boss left after many years with the company, than I got a new boss who never worked in corrections before. Asked me how to do everything and train her. Than she would tell me I didn't know what I was doing or how to do things.
Great Compnay that offered lots opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives
Child and Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), edmonton, abJuly 10, 2014
Not much room to continuously develop skills or move up with promotions.
Lots of support within the team that you work with but felt management was not interested in supporting front line workers who did not work in the central offices
Job security was not very stable as it al depended on government grants and money raised
Office Politics
Team Leader (Former Employee), Substance abuse and correctionsJune 16, 2014
Pros: i dont work there any more
Cons: beats down self confidence.
Office politics are more important than seasoned long time staff.
New environment with lot of opportunity to learn
Community Disability Support Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ENGMay 22, 2014
Pros: provide transportation and meals while on job
Cons: no negative aspects so far of the job
The management is so good, flexible, better working environment, lot of opportunity to learn. Learned lot to deal with different clients with behavioral issues, development disabilities.
Child and Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaApril 1, 2014
Pros: great team, you have all your meals there, can take holidays when you like.
Cons: 12 hour shifts can be long, can be stressful at times
A typical day would include going in at 7am. Getting the kids breakfast and getting them ready for the school bus. During day shifts is when your paperwork is done. On afternoon/evening shifts, you cook dinner for the kids and do activities or go on outings with them. I work on a great team, and we are all on the same page about what is best for our – more... clients. The hardest part is that it can be sometimes stressful, but when you see the kids happy it outweighs the hard times. – less
Good learning experience
Community Disability Counsellor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2014
A day at work begins by checking the updates and activities of the clients in the Program. Making arrangements/accompanying the clients to the various appointments and activities. Daily report writing and case reviews. A good platform to learn to deal with various behaviors with the help of individual Behavior Support Plan. A professional relationship – more... and good rapport with the co-workers enable to respect their culture and understanding their skills and strengths to work as a team to the benefit of the clients. The hardest part of job is to deal with sudden onset of behavior issues of clients but good communication and teamwork help us to overcome all hardships. The most enjoyable moments are the smiling faces of our clients and co-workers when we accomplish our tasks. – less
Good servise
IHS (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
It is a good experience of learning and gaining the passion of serving others through CSS
Providing Love, Care and Support
Rehabilitation Administrator/Care Aide (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABDecember 3, 2013
I enjoyed making a difference in the clients' lives by providing them with more opportunities to enjoy life. The hardest part about this career was when the clients were physically abusive to themselves, and to myself.
Can be very rewarding at times
Correctons and Substance Abuse (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2013
Pros: learning new things almost everyday
Cons: the pay, working overnites, and having to send some one back to prison!
Lots of paper work, all activities of clients had to be hand written, doing rounds every hour, spent time listening and making

suggestions, answering a lot of calls. I learned a great deal regarding corrections and substance abuse and how it effects so many people. Management was usually supportive on our desions. The hardest part of the job for myself – more... was working overnite shifts. The most enjoyable was when one of the clients were released back into society successfully. – less
Very diverse always challenging never boring job.
Support Worker (Current Employee), edmonton albertaMay 6, 2013
Pros: very personally rewarding job, helping youth is my passion. lots of excersize.
Cons: i find it challenging not to let my emotions get the best of me sometimes.
Day shift
Get children up for school put out healthy options for breakfast, remind about hygiene. While children are at school prep for dinner clean up arrange for evening staff activities.
good people great clients
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABMay 30, 2012
Pros: lots of over time
people were good to work for
inside work
lots of staff could pick your own hours
Excellent learning curve.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2012
I enjoyed my time at CSS so much, it was really a labour of love. I enjoyed working with the staff from all levels of the program, and I learned the ropes from my superiors very quickly due to their ongoing open communication and patience with me. Throughout my work experience at CSS, I firmly established my role as a key player by taking on new tasks – more... that were either initiated by me or given to me. The environment was very welcoming and productive. My time there was definitely worthwhile. – less
Volunteer job, tutorial for children
n/a (Former Employee), Edmonton/AlbertaFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Help children to review their homework's in mathematics for new immigrants
Helping others help themselves
Secretary (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2014
Pros: great healthcare, close to home
My days at Catholic Social Services(CSS) tend are busy. I do intake for an office with 6 staff via telephone or walk-in clients. As a nonprofit, CSS has allowed me to wear many hats. I see clients providing food, rental and utility assistance. I serve as office manager, ordering supplies and light accounting needs. I report directly to our Administrator. – more... The hardest part of my job would be the phone calls from those I am unable to help at the present time due to lack of funding. the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are a place client can come to for assistance. – less
Friendly,fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative, Data Entry (Current Employee), Springfield, OHNovember 12, 2014
Process client information directly, determine income eligibility required to use the pantry services. Assist clients in the selection available from the pantry.
Fulfilling work environment with a lot of demands
Pregnancy & Parenting Social Worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible with employees that have children.
Cons: not enough time to take lunch breaks.
I love the fact that you are constantly interacting with clients. It is never a dull moment. The staff get along great, we work to help each other, and empower each other. The hardest part about the job.
Assisting people with rebuilding.
Case Manager (Temporary) (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 22, 2014
This agency was a great place to work. The people here work well with each other and with the public. They wanted to ensure everyone had proper repairs on their homes after Hurricane Katrina.
Productive and beneficial work envirnment
Caregiver (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: on my own time
So far I love this job! It allows me to have time for a full time day job as well as still have my personal time.

1 2 3