Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews

Na
Child & Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 April 2017
It is hard job, in an unsupported atmosphere, the clients are great and make the work worthwhile. Management does not care about front line workers and do not support..
Safe and clean
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
Everyday can be different, whether it be working with children, cooking meals for new comers or cleaning and preparing for new families. Everyone is very kind and helpful.
Pros
Meeting new people from all over the globe
Cons
Not enough hours
Pretty Good
Volunteered as a Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2017
They expected you to come up with a new game for every morning you came in to volunteer. You could not repeat the same game either and it had to encourage using language. These requirements made it very had to come up with new games.
Exceptional Community Srervices
Settlement Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta, Canada2 March 2017
Catholic Social Services, Catholic Charities, Sign of Hope - Alberta Canada is a trendsetter at the heart of diverse social services for the province of Alberta. The agency is well managed, efficient, and proud of its employees, empowering them with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
Css
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2017
Excellent non profit organization with strong values and relationships with the community.

Dedicated to their mission statement and show compassion to those most vulnerable and in need of support.
Meet awesome people from different cultures
Rehabilitation Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2017
A great place to work. The only reason I left was I could not advance in position as to do so you had to have more education. The management of this company is awesome. They stand behind their mission statement
Pros
Meet awesome people from all over the world
Cons
Could not advance in position unless had higher education. At least back then, unsure now
great place
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
wonderful work culture by helping people in need. wonderful co-workers and stable work environment . always love the experience working there
Pros
work life balance
Cons
ninw
Hello
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 December 2016
It was a good experience to work for this organization, But the one thing the need to approve is . When there is a job posting the requirement of the job never matches who ever they hire.
People with did different experience and different education or incomplete education can get the positions.
Ok company to work for if you don't like making much money.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
Management is not the best. They don't help with resolving issues as well as show favoritism amongst employees. Pay is terrible with not much if any room to advance within the agency.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
pay, management
Great place to work. Very productive
Community Disability Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2016
I would meet each one of my clients on a weekly basis and discuss what they would need support with. It may be with finding a job to learning something new like cooking.

I did work alone but if I had any need to call a co-worker they would be so amazing and helpful.
Management were very approachable and easy to talk to.

It was very enjoyable to be helping and meeting new people.

The hardest part would be to not get overwhelmed and bring work home. It is doable though.

Learned to be more patient and understanding.
Pros
The hours were great.
Cons
N/A
This job gave me flexibility and taught me new skills
Respite Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2016
Working for Catholic Social Services gave me an insight as to what is available in the community to offer those with disability. Working at this company has provided many opportunities and has given many skills to work in this field. It was a fun, reliable job which gave me the flexibility to continue in my recent job at the time.
Pros
flexibility
Horrible Management
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB20 November 2015
From the top to the bottom this company has poorly trained staff, and a culture of discrimination. Often employees were left to attend to management's job in order to maintain safety for clients. I worry that this situation is dangerous to those clients this company supports.
Pros
wonderful peer co-workers with hearts of gold
Cons
long hours, understaffing, downloading of duties onto subordinates
Amazing company!
Community Disability Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
great company to work with! it is truly amazing what they do in the community. I work in the disability program, typical day could be accompanying them for an outing or cooking there food and giving prescribed meds, or creating crafts and such. it is not very stressful job. Staffs are all great! I am proud to work here!
Good company to work
CDW (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta12 October 2015
They got great staff benefits and good incentives, Easy job and great staff and clients ratio. Lots of hours and flexible hours available.
Pros
Stable job as they don't fire any staff.
Cons
salary is not great, Some Team Leaders have no experience, will not work frontline. Hires worker that can't speak or read english very well, They hire supervisor with no experience and doesn't know how to manage in disability services.
good
Community Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2015
no benefits no leadership no fair treatment lots of room for improvement needs more black people good positions education for clients
Faith-Centered and Nurturing Professional Environment
Community Disability Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta9 July 2015
The work day requires responsibility in ensuring the safety,well-being and the quality of life of the individuals that are being served is strictly being adhered to. Employee support is available, and all employees are held accountable to a high standard of quality care. The work day provides routine, and variety, including home care, and community activities. Professional development is ongoing. It can be challenging when personalities clash, but a professional attitude and placing the care of clients first and foremost overrides personal incompatibilities. Bringing joy to the clients is thoroughly and personally rewarding, and fulfills a need to make the world a better place for a vulnerable population.
Pros
Freedom to apply to available shifts made available online.
Cons
Job can be emotionally and physically demanding.
Great place to work but the duties are very routine
Rehabilitation Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Innisfail, AB5 May 2015
Great place to work.
We have opportunities to receive ongoing training to enable us to expand our skills and offer the best care we can to those we care for.
Supervisors and staff are very supportive.
There is flexibility in our work schedule and our personal needs are taken into account.
I have learned a great deal about the particular challenges for the individuals with developmental delays.
The hardest part of the job is attending to unpredictable behavior in the home and ensuring the safety and quality of life for everyone.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the outings and the joy this brings to the individuals in our care.
Pros
Flexibility, fun and support
Cons
Work duties are very routine.
Productive workplace
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab6 February 2015
A typical day at work was productive and rewarding. CSS consists of over 1800 employees and 1200 volunteers. CSS has many different programs to serve the community of Edmonton Ab.
Css
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin25 January 2015
This was a great agency to work for. I loved working for CSS. I wish they were hiring.
just an amazing place to work
Youth and Childcare Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2014
what can i say about this place they were an amazing place to work and get experience from i never had a problem with the staff it was just some of the women that you would have to work with they would get a little out of hand. I would have to take seminars and programs that would help further my learning. the staff here were amazing to work with always friendly. the bad part of this job was you would have to see how some of the women have been abused and listen to there stories they were hard to listen to some times.
Pros
hours were great
Cons
some of the women were a litlle rough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Social Services Reviews by Location