Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voluntary assignment
Career Counselor Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to study the challenges of homeless people and assisting them with it.
Cons: short term
Was able to study challenges of homeless people in getting jobs. Assisted with advising them as to how this can be handled in their unique situation
Very good company
Catholic Social Service - replacement worker (Current Employee), BonnyvilleJune 14, 2013
I am working for a very good company with normal level of salary. As I can work only day time and not weekends I am not load. Sometimes they give me 2 days a month to work.
atompshere
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: servicing those in need
The atmosphere is a close-knit environment. A typical day involves preparing dinner for residents, ensuring the completion of chores and engaging in conversations. Also requires answering the phones and door. In addition to greeting/meeting volunteers, who make donations or serve meals to the residents.
Great
Security Officer- Volunteer (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Diverse! Teaches you to have morals, and ethics. Catholic charities has proven to be a great help. and im sure that it will be for you too.
Productive and Flexible with employees
Head Teacher (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility
As in any preschool the days fly by and are spontaneous! You never have the same day twice!! Administration is flexible and understanding to overall center's needs. Catholic Charities offers services to children and families in need. Great place to work for and people to work with!
Helping the homeless men that need shelter
Case Manager-Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2015
Not knowing what to expect
We are all one pay check from being homeless
My co-workers
Saying No
Giving a chance to any guy that's asking for help
Best Job I ever had
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: healthcare
I would still be working there if I had not moved to South Carolina. I loved everything about this agency. They treated their employees well. The pay was good. The benefits were awesome. My department was like a family.
great experience
Counselor Aide (Former Employee), Asbury Park, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: encouraging to strive for more
Cons: the change in hands
transported clients to and from self help group, facilitated group therapy, including meditation, I learned how to nurture myself so I wont get burned out. It help also so I can be a better person to help client. Management was very helpful and great team players the co workers were also helpful and encouraging. The hardest part was the change in staff the most enjoyable part was that the supervisor encouraged me to go to school to be come a counselor. I am in that process now.
I would have liked to continue to work there, but the allotted hours were not possible for me
Medical receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good leadershio
Cons: only one bathrrom
Catholic Charities was a wonderful learning experience, in both skills and customer service. They are wonderfully staffed with unique individuals, each with a special skill set of their own.

The clients at times were very challenging but also taught me to try to ease and reassure them and once the client learned that I wanted to help them as much as I could, a different attitude was achieved.

I loved working in a much patient care enviroment, to see what good could come from working together and caring for individules eaqually and respectfully.
Good benefits
Family Case Manager/Parent Educator (Former Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 14, 2015
Catholic Charities has good benefits and provide your with support in the position that is held. They do have room for advance. They do lack some management skills.
exciting atmosphere
Desk Crisis Counselor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: interactive with the public
Cons: no breaks
Greet guests upon arrival. Sign in guests, Inform host of their guests. Answer telephones in a professional manner. Sign for packages for guests and staff. Maintain a safe living experience for tenants.
Productive work environment with a friendly staff
Development Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Catholic Charities gave me the chance to hone in on my writing skills for the press and explore new avenues of the communication world. My supervisor was a mentor in every sense of the word and challenged my skills on a daily basis. My co-workers there were friendly, personable and always willing to lend a helping hand.
Program Operation on weekdays
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2015
The staff are very friendly and they work well with the individuals. As a supervisor I get along well the staff and I'm always available if they have any concerns or job related issues to address. Working in Management is a team work to make sure that the program runs smoothly and individuals safety are meet. The hard part of the job when you are multitasking and you are working hard to meet the deadline of an assessment. All I can say to stay focus and your work will beat the deadline. The most part I enjoy when everyone is happy and safe and the work is done.
Senior Center
maint. assistant (Former Employee), 2150 Alum Rock Ave., San Jose CA 95116January 8, 2015
Pros: maintandece assisted
Cons: serving plates
Working with people that I enjoy being there, talking with seniors that come to the center every day makes me very happy!!! Helping out with everything that needs to be done, to end daily job!!!
Rewarding job.
Reading Tutor (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: enjoyable environment, especially working with the volunteers help
Cons: not enough hours, due to school calender.
Very rewarding, the children's success in reading is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Stressful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: mileage checks
Cons: inconsistencies with management
A lot of deadlines to meet. Court responsibilities, home visits, administrative case reviews. Tracking forms to complete. Team meetings. Training when needed. Co workers are relatively decent. No raises in two years. Mileage checks are nice and vacation days are accumulated on a bi- weekly basis.
Productive and fun workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great supervisors and co-workers
Cons: a lot of driving
I had great supervision and and learned a lot from them. Catholic Charities gave me the opportunity for growth and wonderful post-graduate experience. I love working with the diverse group of individuals and families I was able to help every day through counseling and case management.
Laid Back Atmosphere
Disaster Case Manager (Current Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: management, attitude of employees
Cons: lack of training for people new to case management
Everyone I have worked with has been able to juggle their job and personal life easily, partly due to the excellent management. The best part of the job is helping a family in crisis, with the worst part having to tell a family no because of the guidelines we have to follow. However, there are resources that they can be given to supplement.
educational and interesting
❸ Advocate (Former Employee), Amityville, NYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: good residents
Cons: overnight shift is draining
10 hr overnight shifts are difficult to work long term. good coworkers, provided routine inservices to increase awareness for better performance.
Run from this company
Nursing Tech. (Former Employee), Timonium, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: you will meet great people here
Cons: pay rate, benefits, room for growth, and management
Besides not having any new technology like electronic medical records or anything to do with the 21 century I would never want to work here again. Pay is very low, benifits are not that great, you don't get raises, and there is no room for growth. You don't get any breaks away from your job and some managers think you should be available 24/7 without the pay. The only good thing about working here are the children at times and your coworkers. If your looking for a decent to great pay don't search here, looking for professional growth don't search here, and if your looking for a decent benifits package don't search here. If you are looking to work hard with little pay this is the job for you. The name says it all "charities". The child and family division has to close locations and people are losing jobs. So if your looking to not know if your have a job today or tomorrow this is the job for you.

1 2 3 4 5