Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voluntary assignment
Career Counselor Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to study the challenges of homeless people and assisting them with it.
Cons: short term
Was able to study challenges of homeless people in getting jobs. Assisted with advising them as to how this can be handled in their unique situation
Very good company
Catholic Social Service - replacement worker (Current Employee), BonnyvilleJune 14, 2013
I am working for a very good company with normal level of salary. As I can work only day time and not weekends I am not load. Sometimes they give me 2 days a month to work.
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore MdOctober 21, 2014
visiting properties and reviewing files, walking the property and coaching and training the staff.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2014
A place to start at the bottom and move up to the top.
its just a job, you have to know someone or be liked in order to be given a fair chance to advance within the company
BEAM ADMINISTRATOR/CASE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Harvey officeOctober 21, 2014
Cons: favoritism
Unprofessionalism, favortism, does not follow written policy and or procedures
It was fun to help people
Interpreter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2014
My work as an interpreter for the Refugee Services department of Catholic Charities had helped me appreciate the principle of assisting people in a role that is quite different to what I used to do. It has also heightened my English and communication skills immensely.
Overall wonderful job
DSP (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYOctober 19, 2014
I love my job! Its a great work environment. I adore my coworkers and .the people I help on a day to day basis.
Very good Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Trenton, NJOctober 14, 2014
Nice small place to work. Enjoyed the job and all the clients
It was a good experience
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks
Working with Catholic Charities was a good experience. I got a long with my co-workers. I learned a lot from my supervisor and also my co-workers. My supervisor gave me a lot of lead way as far as clerical work and answering phone calls and making adjustments to the daily schedule.
Very Challenging but fullfilling job
Homeless Outreach Community Case Manager (Former Employee), Bethel, CTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and commuity support
Cons: limited resources for programs necessary to help the homeless population
We were responsible for connecting with the homeless population and guiding them through the system toward independence and ultimately end their homelessness.
We built relationships with individuals suffering from varying degrees of mental, emotional and intellectual challenges as well as people challenged by addictions.
The program offered exceptional – more... training opportunities for employees and provided support groups for the clients.
Management was sufficient and co-workers provided much needed support and encouragement. – less
great
o Senior companion (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NvOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no health benefits
voluntary work, working with senior. I enjoy the part time hours, work along with senior only.
good work environment
Bilingual Clinician (Current Employee), Newark, NJOctober 3, 2014
My work is to help my clients to improve their daily living skills and to be helpful to society.
Current employee unfair to the employees
Information & Referral Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: supervisor, diversity, co workers
Cons: benefits, salary
It's definitely a bureaucracy. They could care less about the employees who sweat and bleed for the cliental. The employees are underpaid a good percentage meeting the poverty level and needing services themselves. Yet, the employees still manage to keep a smile.
rewarding
Registered Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 1, 2014
Loved working with the clients and helping families in need. Income not so good.
Challenging job but extremely rewarding. Co-workers that truly supported one another.
CHI-5 Housing Case Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: extremely rewarding work
Cons: lack of support for certain individuals that need higher support
Being the only Case Manager for this program was a bit challenging but extremely rewarding. As a Housing case manager working with Chronically ex-homeless individuals I was expected to assist clients in their daily activities living and maintaining their apartment. Many of the clientele were diagnosed with Co-occurring Psychiatric and Addictive disorders. – more... As you could imagine this presented diverse challenges for them as we worked on reaching their goals set in their treatment plans. Plans of actions were set every 30 days and re-visited and/or revised frequently or as needed. The case load of 25 clients was intense, however the relationships with partner programs facilitated the daily efforts and offered the client a Team that focused on supporting the client as needed. Many of these clients were Latinos with little to no family support. Limited education and some with no documentation which made it more difficult to find services that they desperately needed.
In the mornings I would visit the clients in their homes at their scattered sites thorough the Washington area. Assisting clients in organizing their week with their doctors appointments, Substance abuse, recovery meetings. Also review their medication compliance, landlord/ tenant relationships, department upkeep and overall quality of life.
In the afternoon documentation on HMIS was necessary and communication with Team and other case managers at partnering programs if necessary. – less
Culturally diversed
Abbott Preschool Program Director (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Great place to work. Staff are extremely nice. fun place to work!
Children are so wonderful
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSITANT (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: being a positive role model for the teen girls.
Cons: knowing their upbringing and history.
Worked in teaching group home for teen girls with emotional and mental health issues. A typical day included picking up the girls from school, helping with homework, breaking up fights between them, transporting them to counseling sessions, being a moral, emotional support, and conducting life skills, etc.
transitional living home
Case Management/ Life Skills Counselor (Current Employee), Trenton, NJSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: helping better the youth
Cons: supervisor
A typical day at work, Im doing 50% Lcase mangerment 50% like skills with young men between the ages of 16-21 years of age.
Starting employment for the company back in july i dont beleive that there is anything that i can say far as experience that i have gained over the past three months.
Managemnt is very unoraganized, i was under the impression that – more... when i started my job that everything would run smooth however that has not been the case since i started. the supervior like to run the entire program by herself she uderminds others.
i beleive that my coworkers are very out going although the job is trade of shift i stay back to engage with some.
hardes part of the job i would say being treated like a child from my supervisor
I enjoy working with the youth although i know where to draw the line i treat them as a sibling – less
Excellent workplace.
Assist lab users (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
A typical work day is stress free. My ability to communication with management and co-workers has grown.
Awesome Place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers, flexible
Cons: salary, benefits
Love working here and the schedule is very flexible. Co-workers very friendly and management will help you.

1 2 3 4 5