Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voluntary assignment
Career Counselor Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to study the challenges of homeless people and assisting them with it.
Cons: short term
Was able to study challenges of homeless people in getting jobs. Assisted with advising them as to how this can be handled in their unique situation
Very good company
Catholic Social Service - replacement worker (Current Employee), BonnyvilleJune 14, 2013
I am working for a very good company with normal level of salary. As I can work only day time and not weekends I am not load. Sometimes they give me 2 days a month to work.
Community involvement
Paid E-filer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2014
Fun and rewarding job that occurs every year during tax season.
an insiring and typical day with tons of rewards to enjoy
Family Support Worker (Former Employee), Show Low, AZJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free luches and dinners when traveling long distances and paid car rentals
Cons: repetative documentation, long hours
Day started with documentation and then travel to clients location to transport, at end of day back to the office to do more documentation, I learned how to schedule my time as to not waste it, became a good manager of my time and office duties as an admin assist. Had an excellent and close relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job – more... was when I had to transport the children back to their Foster Homes and leaving their parents, it was very sad for the children and difficult for the parents to be separated. When the children and parents were reunited and the parents were practicing their good parenting skills that I was able to teach and train them. – less
management
Office Manager (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 15, 2014
Administrative
Difent topic about client
Manage the office
Good relationship with my co-wokers
I'm enjoy my Job
Participated in different situation with the clients.
This is a non profit company and the salary does not match the work that is required.
Housing Assistant (Current Employee), Abingdon, MDJuly 13, 2014
I work within the Housing Division where I assist the Property Manager with the day-to-day operation of the property. We are an independent senior apartment building, housing 76 apartments. My primary responsibilitiy is to complete the initial, interum, and annual certification for the residents. I have completed my certification in occupacy, which – more... the actual title is a Certified Occupany Specialist.

The Property Manager manages another building in which she spends 3 days of the week. The other 2 days are spent at the building to which I am assigned. I like the work I do in assisting the residents, however as I am alone in the office fortwo thirds of the week, I am completing the work of the Property Manager, but have not had an increase, except for the annual, required increase given by HUD. – less
Forced to quit by management
Key holder (Former Employee), Sanford, MaineJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: hours, management, favoritism
I was forced to quit because I have a family and could not work all nights like they wanted me to, as they told me after starting. It was very unorganized with it being a new store.
Great Work Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Owosso, MIJuly 10, 2014
Working at Catholic Charities taught me to never judge an individual buy their circumstance. Working here is what made me decide to go back to school and finish my degree. I enjoy helping others so much. It is so rewarding!
Caring and helpful people looking to make a difference
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 10, 2014
Worked required you to open yourself up while being guarded against any potential incidents. It also entailed signing clients up, doing security checks, keeping general order, and being aware of alarming behaviors.
Good team work
Treatment specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2014
Working with residents and management to ensure constant support .
driver
Meals on Wheels (Former Employee), Freeport, NYJuly 7, 2014
come in say my good morning then go rite to work ill pick up my meals an start delivering food to my clients
enjoyed learning the culture of this postion
Receptionist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 7, 2014
i would help the priest of the diocese of Scranton it was so nice to see and understand the culture of a different religious beliefs
learned new systems
Controller (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: hours
good group of employees
Committed to helping customers.
Involve departments in making decisions
Dedicated staff for helping people
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 28, 2014
I have learned many new skills and am better at navigating various social service agencies in the Rochester area.
Working with vulnerable populations to help them stay in their home.
BSW Intern (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 27, 2014
I loved interning at Catholic Charities because I felt a sense of reward knowing I'm contributing to help vulnerable populations stay in their homes. The staff was also great to work with.
Residential counselor at Group Home in Raritan
Housing Support Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJJune 25, 2014
Direct service to individuals who are mentally challenged. Take care of them and transport them to events and doctor's appointments.
Enjoyed serving customers
Senior Center Manager (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJune 24, 2014
The customers and co-workers were very nice people and I have worked at Veeders for 16 years until the restaurant closed down,
Very supportive services offered to clients
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2014
It was an overall great resource for clients in need of services and they were in the process of expanding to provide even more services.
Resident Attendant
Resident Attendant (Current Employee), Harrisburg PAJune 23, 2014
Supervise displaced pregnant women in a shelter. Its a very rewarding job and I enjoy it very much.
Not as good as it used to be
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Timonium, MDJune 22, 2014
Pros: attendance at events, free meals, good co-workers
Cons: can't teach new skills to clients.
I work as a Residential Counselor/Medication Technician at a home for 8 nonverbal adult males. I help them with the basics of personal care and everyday living. I currently work the evening shift with at least 2 other very capable coworkers. We work very well together. Our days are 8 to 10 hrs long in alternating weeks and 12 hrs on alternate weekends. – more... The hardest part of the job is preparing clothing for the guys. But we are allowed to take them on fun field trips which make up for the rough days. I have learned to understand non-verbal communication and to tolerate unexpected behaviors from others. – less

1 2 3 4 5