Catholic Charities Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voluntary assignment
Career Counselor Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to study the challenges of homeless people and assisting them with it.
Cons: short term
Was able to study challenges of homeless people in getting jobs. Assisted with advising them as to how this can be handled in their unique situation
Very good company
Catholic Social Service - replacement worker (Current Employee), BonnyvilleJune 14, 2013
I am working for a very good company with normal level of salary. As I can work only day time and not weekends I am not load. Sometimes they give me 2 days a month to work.
Productive, fun place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2014
I loved the team I worked on! Going home every day knowing you helping make someones life better was great. We all worked hard but made sure to have fun in-between
Former Employee
Case Manager -Sanctuary Women's Development Center (Former Employee), Oklahoma CitySeptember 15, 2014
Pros: clients were worth going to work
Cons: compensation
I enjoyed working for the company but the compensation for how hard you work was never reflected.
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee), Flint, MISeptember 13, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: short breaks
Answering phone calls, typing, filing, loved the people I worked with at this company, could type 100 words per sec is what company loved about me but could not hire me because I was 16 with no college degree.
tyrone's thoughs
Residential Assistant, Social Services (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
a typical day at work, the clients at the site teaches me about how you can have something good and with the wrong choices life can go bad.
Pretty Basic Position
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
It is an amazing work place. Got to meet tons of wonderful people. Got worked like a dog and management changed hands allot. Other than that it is a pretty cool position
Flexibility
Temporary Program Assistant (Former Employee), Gresham, ORSeptember 4, 2014
Having the satisfaction to help and support people in need.
Customer Service, Productive Work Place
Secretary/ Administrative Assistance (Current Employee), East Orange, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good personel
Filing, phone answering, Client Intake, Customer Service, Data Entry, Word, Excel

I enjoy working with clients, its an everyday learning experience

Work environment is fine, different personality to work with but is best if you make the best out of everything.

there is nothing hard in reality, just challenging and I like the challenge.

I try my – more... best to enjoy everything I do at work, it make my time goes faster. – less
Catholic Charities has an awesome counseling department
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Tulsa, OkSeptember 2, 2014
Catholic Charities has an awesome counseling department. Clients can pay on a sliding scale. No one is ever turned away for not being able to pay
Catholic Charities would have been a very great place to work and advance, but it was also toxic place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2014
Pros: the manager would sometimes buy lunch and invite us to come and eat lunch with her at the new store.
Cons: working aroud negative gossiping people.
A typical day at Catholic Charities WIC FOOD CENTER would be to count all of the inventory, make sure the items are faced, the coolers are stocked, and that the store would be up, running and ready to go when the clients start coming in to shop at 7:00 a.m.

Management...it all depends on who the manager was. Some days the store would go great until – more... one manager would come in smelling like marijuana, acting like she was a gangster, smock dirty, and down right angry because she knew what she was looking like and would get offended and paranoid when she thought others were looking at her and judging her.

I was transferred to another WIC FOOD CENTER where the atmosphere was clear, co-workers acted like people, work was shared and if you saw something that needed to be done you just go and do it. There was no standing around watching and waiting to see who was watching and who would make the first move. The manager would come out on the floor and help also.

The hardest part of the job was going to first store I was at and seeing certain people bunched up in the manager's office with the manager doing absolutely nothing and the manager would say to me "Joann would you please bring the milk out from the back and put it in the coolers"? Remind you now, it is 11:00 a.m. and everyone else has been there since 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.

the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was transferred to another store and I got to work around real people. – less
Career Services
WIA Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2014
I enjoyed providing career service and training youth and technology. The program enhanced students ability to become jobreadiness. The participants learned and progrossed and a fasionable matter.
Enjoyed everyday baking
Foster Parent, Foster Care and Parenting (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, dependable, everthing
Cons: company's doors shut.
I couldn't have anything better to say about Marsh. Everything was just great, other than the company had to close the doors.
Stable job with room for advancement.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Pros: having a job .
Cons: stable job.
Trash removal and cleaning entire building inside and out side. all work orders for 197 apartments.snow removal cleaning restrooms and common areas.
It was like working with Family
Secretary / Receptionist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2014
Cons: that they downside my hole department in 2012.
I had Enjoy my Job, And My Co-Workers
We had worked so well together over the Years.
I have learn a lot about Training certain in different fields
And the Management was Great sometime when I Needed help my Supervisor was right there ready to help me when i needed her.
I was on the 13th floor and she was on the 3rd floor.
Every year we had a Fun raier – more... in May it was Called The Every Face Race we did the 5K Race, That is when all 160 Programs get together with our Family and Friend have our Races that was a lot of Fun. – less
EISS provides crisis counseling to a diverse population
Clinician (Current Employee), Trenton, NJAugust 16, 2014
The program offers crisis counseling and case management services to individuals with mental health and other issues, such as addiction and homelessness.
Job Coach/Supported Employment Counselor (Current Employee), Westampton, NJAugust 12, 2014
Amazing experience., love the boss, clients and co workers.

1 2 3 4 5