Catholic Charities

Catholic Charities Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voluntary assignment
Career Counselor Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to study the challenges of homeless people and assisting them with it.
Cons: short term
Was able to study challenges of homeless people in getting jobs. Assisted with advising them as to how this can be handled in their unique situation
Very good company
Catholic Social Service - replacement worker (Current Employee), BonnyvilleJune 14, 2013
I am working for a very good company with normal level of salary. As I can work only day time and not weekends I am not load. Sometimes they give me 2 days a month to work.
MFT-Trainee
Marriage and Family Therapist- Trainee (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 18, 2014
• Working with individuals, couples, family, children and adolescents
• Applying various theoretical orientations to better enhance client’s goals
• Participating in school counseling and Set-4-School
• Created a Webinar to prevent bullies in the Catholic School
systems
• Co- facilitating parenting and anger management classes for
individuals with open – more... CPS cases – less
Very helpful with the Call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 17, 2014
I enjoyed working there. Just wished it could have been permanent.
Believed in the mission of the organization
Receptionist/Admin Asst/Support Staff (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: could get hectic at times because of the great needs of the clientele
Was a great place to work, had a family atmosphere where employees cared about each other. Really hated to leave.
Fun place to work
Assist People (Current Employee), Ozone Park, NYApril 15, 2014
Pros: i like the fact we do the same things the individual do. after all we all equal!
Cons: i don't appreciate the fact when sometimes individuals are being mistreated.
As a medical health care professional i consider the job as my home just because i like and enjouy taking care of others that needs it. As for the management no matter what is it i always try to coorporate and do the best for better result and with my personality i get to work with others very quickly and i am always on the side to learn and grow.
There was a lot of work and stress
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAApril 15, 2014
There was a lot of work and stress to produce outcomes. There was very little assistance from upper management.
What I did at this job
Partial Care Program Cook/Food Service Manager (Former Employee), 25 Ikea Drive Weastampton,N.J. 08060April 14, 2014
Pros: love working with clients
Cons: if something goes wrong any where you have no one to help you job doesn't back you up
I was a manager for food service/maintence I had a staff of 25-30 people. I trained clients vocational skills to go back into the work force or just life skills. I'm also and Instructor/Trainer for Serve Safe and a Pre-Vocational Counselor. The clients learned how to cook, cut items for salad bar, serve, cashier, clean up, work together etc.
I did this – more... by myself. I also ordered all food and supplies for dept. and put up items too. The menus I made a month ahead of time and set up vendors for food service dept. – less
Review of Catholic Charities
Facility Manager, Clerk (Former Employee), Dade City, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: i got a paycheck that was so minimal that i barely survived on it.
Cons: see above
A typical day at work: Demanding, verbally abusive clients require constant attention, so data entry work is delayed for hours.
What I learned: You're there to serve the clients. It doesn't matter how bad they behave. Management will not support you.
Coworkers: They hire laterally, so you may get a new supervisor who never worked in a residential program. – more... They don't trust you and don't appreciate that you have six more years experience than them working with the program clients and how to handle them. They will micromanage you all day, every day. – less
Summer Internship
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Good way to build up one's resume. Learned valuable skills that I could apply in later positions
Youth employment opportunities, fun and productive summer experience.
Various (Former Employee), Painesville, OHApril 9, 2014
Pros: the chance to earn ones own income, summer picnics, many different job opportunities
Cons: short job assignments
Catholic Charities is a non-profit orginization that provides summer employment for teens. Within 4 years there I was given the opportunity to work at many different job sites and gained experience in fields such as landscaping, janitorial services, building maintenance, food service. The most valuable lesson learned was the importance of hard work. – more... Our supervisors were also "life coaches". At such an impressionable age having adults who talked and listened assisted in my life and workforce development. Co-workers were teens just as I was which made coming to work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of each summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining all the experience and knowledge bestowed upon us by our supervisors. – less
To obtain a healthcare management position with a dynamic company where I can use my energy and skills to develop, motivate, lead and encourage employ
Heath Care Consultant (Intern) (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 5, 2014
To Whom It May Concern, As you are reading this letter I am sure we can agree that the healthcare industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled growth and change. I am sure as you placed your ad for this open position, the outlook is optimum for a knowledgeable professional interested in supervising healthcare facilities, planning and directing – more... healthcare operations and managing teams of healthcare staff members within a facility. I would love to reach out to you in hopes that I can take that opportunity with you. There is a great increase in the numbers of medical professionals and medical facilities which also means that there is a demand for good business managers as myself to operate them. It is not important just for me to carry a professional image for your business, but to do just as much work, if not more behind the scenes making your healthcare facility work as efficiently as possible. Throughout the many years of schooling at Harvard and WGU, I feel exceptionally well prepared to play leading roles in the diverse organizations and specialties that make up this vitally important industry — one that is constantly changing due to innovations in science and technology, economic forces, human demand, governmental and social policy. I am a people’s person, the kind of guy that people would tell to be a diplomat or a politician because of how likeable I am. I am humbled to be able to apply for this position and will do whatever is asked of me and more whether it be recruiting and hiring physicians, developing budgets, creating policies for quality assurance and patient services, promote and implement new types of medical treatments and equipment assure compliance with government regulations, I love working under pressure. I like being the "go to kind of guy" when certain situations are difficult or when those are left without an answer. I feel confident in my ability to perform the tasks described in your job ad and would love the opportunity to prove that ability to you. Aside from the skills and qualifications I described above, there are many others listed on my resume that I think would make me a great fit for this position. I would greatly appreciate the privilege of talking them over with you in more detail. I am willing to relocate and in the meantime, thank you for any time and effort you take in reviewing my application.
Best, David E. Kassiane, MBA – less
Not really using any of my skills an ability.
Custodial Engineer (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: walking distance from home
Cons: not really doing anything
I feel as if i'm just wasting my days doing nothing productive.
Energetic fun loving person
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2014
Pros: they work around my school schedule
Cons: the pay dose not seem compatible
I'm the morning teacher assistant I start at 7am I usually get to work by 6:30am set up and prepare the classroom so that the day run smoothly.
It was a said place to work
Services Youth Adolescent Case Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 1, 2014
Working here was sad you have to really have the passion to work for them because people was always passing away the over all place to work was good just did not like the fact clients was always dying.
Great work done to improve the lives of families
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 29, 2014
I was responsible for managing the certification process of Licensed Social Workers and Licensed Counselors
The management there i felt wasn,t right
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed working there, it was great experience for me i enjoyed the time iwas working there. It was just some of the staff members was difficult to get along with.
interactive with sense of hospitality and excellent service
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free breaks
Cons: n/a
a normal day at work. through preparing all food items and entrees to be ready to serve to hospital patients and their parents.
intermediate pace of enviornment while working with Ronald Mcdonald staff and volunteers.
the things that I've learned is that I learned to manage time and work consistantly with other, practice social skills and tending to – more... a costumers needs and wants, to provide proficient customer service.
This job in personal experience has given a heart felt side of giving back to others and the community, which improved my requirement of adapting to a enviornment involving anything in the Culinary Arts field, my enjoyable part is what I enjoy is to see costumers satisfied of what they are recieving and giving them the benefits they need and be supportive to staff, patients and parents. – less
Diocese looks the other way
Mental Health Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: sick time, vacation, 401k, insurance benefits
Cons: lack of leadership and direction.
I have never worked for an organization that blatantly ignores red flags and pleas from employees about management. Several of us have reported the unethical, illegal, and downright immoral behavior of our director to the diocese-they DON'T want to hear it. It's ALL about money. We were put in positions to be injured by clients-no plan to prevent it – more... day after day. Coworkers, for the most part are great. The only problem with some were that ANYTHING was allowed, which is terrible for morale. The only training received was first aid/CPR and restraint training. It was all about outward appearances, not the clients. The coworkers were the most enjoyable part of the job, and the clients. The hardest part was the way the program was run-no leadership. I learned a lot about behavior. – less
Always interesting and changing
Parent Aide (Former Employee), AZMarch 22, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule, helping families who need it, working with some great kids, being apart of a often heartfelt company
Cons: could be out late, expensive maintenance for personal vehicle, can be violent or dangerous clients/families
It used to be a fantastic place to work.. Co workers asked you how you're day was and really wanted to know how you were feeling. Then it seems everything became more about money. They kept changing their operations all the time only to change them back to the original over and over again.

Got to work with some fantastic families, children, coworkers – more... and used to be some good Case Managers to work with from CPS.

Unsteady job security, some months it's steady and strong then others they're talking about laying people off.

Made your own schedule which was always great for personal planning.

Could be out late hours on a regular basis.

Have to use personal vehicle for work so car could be stained, destroyed and have 150k miles on it before you even realize it. Car also needs oil change monthly because of the high use, so a lot of extra expenses for your own vehicle maintenance.

Working with CPS Case Managers, they never want to listen to you about any input you may have. – less

1 2 3 4 5