CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS

CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good workplace with good work
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesAugust 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low salary
A fun and everyday interaction with passengers, practices my communication skills.

Doing Passenger service agent from check-in counter up to boarding gate.
High-energy , fast-paced work environment
Cargo Sales and Services Agent (Current Employee), TorontoJune 28, 2013
Not your typical 9-5, Monday to Friday office job. At the frontline on airline ground operations; always ever changing that requires high-energy and quick thinking individual to work here. Although the overnight and weekend shifts can be hard, it is a fun place to work with good job security, and most important of all - travel benefits.
I was working in Cathay Pacific Airways Engineering for 31 years.
Senior Planning Engineer (Former Employee), Hong Kong International AirportAugust 27, 2012
Pros: the company that i work for is excellent.
Cons: there is no cons at all for the company.
My main duty in Cathay Pacific was looking after the aircraft maintenance program as well as planning for the Checks and Inspection as well as creating the work package for the Checks.
I have the Technical and some Management Training in the company over the past 20 years.

I can speak good English, Cantonese and Mandarin which is good for any customer – more... service job. I have the computer knowledge such as MS Office, Words, Excel and Powerpoint. Apart from aircraft maintenance, any other house maintenance and machnical job is not an issue for me. – less
One of my best company so far
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), New Delhi & MumbaiJuly 9, 2014
Pros: get- together activites
Cons: i think nothing
I loved working in CX. Good place where you can work whole life.
Supportive management & Co-workers.
Gained a lot of airline and customer service experience
Ground Hostess Supervisor (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 4, 2014
This was a really great airline to work for. I made a lot of friends and met a lot of people. I really enjoyed meeting all different kinds of people at the airport. Also had the opportunity to promote some PR during my employment with Cathay Pacific which was really fun.
Good Experience
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Newark, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: late night hours
Learned Ramp Management and Aircraft Loading Management.
FUN WORK PLACE
cargo supervisor (Current Employee), Chennai, TNMay 11, 2014
DEALING WITH TOUGH CUSTOMERS
PLANNING TO CLEAR THE JOB SOON
GROUP WORK
Productive and always learning something new everyday
Flight Controller & Passenger Service Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 6, 2014
Pros: variety of job role
Cons: management (racism)
Depending on the role for the day, could be sat at check in and accepting passengers onto flights. Otherwise flight controlling which is very exciting and where you learn something new every day
Good managerment
Check-in agent (Former Employee), Ho Chi MInh City, VietnamApril 29, 2014
Passenger service agents work as a team. We check-in for approximately 300 passengers per flight. Average each agent check-in for 30-50 passengers per flight, 2 flight per day. It is a very high pressure job in terms of meeting the time requirement for procedures before the airplane take off. However, with high cooperation in team work, each flight – more... is accomplished by enthusiastic and energetic agents with passengers' highly satisfactions. – less
A great company
Cargo Services Agent (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 12, 2014
This was my stepping stone into the aviation industry.
A fantastic company to work for.
versatile work
senior purser (Former Employee), hong kongMarch 30, 2014
Pros: service oriented, safety conscious, culture awareness
Cons: body clock, time difference
being a cabin crew is probably one of the most interesting job. having to work with different people everytime you go for work.
colleagues from almost 20 different countries. travelled to many parts of the world and being able to experience and see for myself diversity and culture.
Fun Rewarding Busy Environment
Flight Purser (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 17, 2014
Pros: allowance
Cons: really long hours
Fun Rewarding Busy Environment
Work and Life Balance great if Single
Progression within the company is up to how hard and efficient you work.
small office environment, excellent ethics and great people to work for and with
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I love the Cathay work ethic and core values. Advancement is difficult in the same office due to the size. Hard to move in such a small environment. Cathay itself is huge great if you are willing to relocate. I would definitely go back if a higher position opens up.
Cathay
Enterprise Test Analyst (Current Employee), Hong Kong, HKINovember 11, 2013
its good to get the opportunity to work with cathay, Work culture is amazing, Lot of good benifits for permanent employees.
productive workplace but people are not so friendly
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), pasay city PhillipinesAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free airfare
Cons: bad crab mentality on the workers
i love the company, my bosses. its a good productive place to work with, awesome environment and lots to be learned. but i dont like the attitude of my coworkers towards the newly hired personnels.
Enhance my knowledge about Airlines Industry
Temporary Sales Officer (Former Employee), Ho Chi Minh city, VietnamJuly 16, 2013
Living in Cathay Pacific Airlines family is one of my pleasure to learn, to improve myself more professional. We worked as a team, meeting twice a week to clarify our goals for long term and short terms, and try to achieve those goals such as ticket selling, Asia miles and Marco Polo membership recruitment and other internal activities such as YouRace, – more... to motivate employees sell tickets to their family and friends and we feel excited to organize those program.

I have learnt how to be patience with customers, how to listen and assist my partners to achieve team goals and be more confident in my critical thinking, ideas and solving problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can take a trip to visit airplanes, cargo, to learn how they works, how they manage people and goods, especially how they treat their customers. I found out the hardest part is dealing with customers when they have problems, they are unhappy and feel angry, and I have to be patience to calm them down, explain for them and use the right attitude to make our customers feel better and comfortable with our services.

Even though I'm only worked there for 6 months, but my manager create a lot of opportunities for me to learn from all departments, I learnt how to book ticket, Amadeus system to choose flight for customers from Reservation department, I learnt how to negotiate with travel agency to book tickets for groups, set price and manage the deposits from different agencies. I also learnt how to use CMA and HTML to arrange and set up different promotions on Cathay Pacific website, as well as set up a marketing plan for many programs from Sales and Marketing Department. For Cathay Pacific Cargo, I know how they package and ship goods, how they charge and regulations about packaging and shipping.

Working in this company has given me a great chance to study a lot of things in airlines industry, how to compete with strong competitors like Emirates, Vietnam Airlines, Eva Air and most important - how to work as a team. – less
excelent co-worker
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), BangkokMarch 5, 2013
more support for working good co-worker , benefit travel , good training.
work only half month, travel regularly
Staff (Current Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 2, 2013
Poor corporate culture, discrimination among non-chinese
HIRING PREFERENCE
n/a (Former Employee), sfoDecember 12, 2012
CATHAY PACIFIC IS KNOWN FOR AGE DISCRIMINATION, AND NOW IT'S CARRYING ITS ADVERSE CULTURE TO SFO.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A FLIGHT ATTEDENT WORKNG FOR CATHAY IS OVER AGE 45?

IT'S AGAINT THE LAW IN THE UNITED STATES TO SCREEN OUT THE CANDIDATES WHO ARE "NOT YOUNG ENOUGH" FOR THE AIRLINE.

ASIAN EMPLOYERS HAS THE TENDENCY TO KEEP OUT THE OLDER WORKING FORCE – more... FOR COMPANY'S BEST INTERESTS. – less

Asian – December 16, 2012

I am a Asian, and I agree, then in Asian country it's really worst. Glad that I live in US.

currentflightattendant – July 12, 2013

That is not true. True that they would be more likely hire younger people due to the intense flying patterns and other reasons, which most asian airlines are likely to do as well. However, you would still get hired no matter how old you are if you have experience (especially if you had been flight attendant before). We have people get hired in their 40s almost every time when they were recruiting people. And I have never heard any older employees expressed the Company trying to kick them out.

ticketing and basic tourguides
Flyt attendant (Former Employee), Iligan, P10October 30, 2012
Pros: free lunc, good quility of services
Cons: proper medications of the customers
the typical study at work well, basic experience in airlines ticketing and basic tour-guiding in our training. Ive learned a lot of couragement of how to be be part of our duty by accompany of different people.handling people n term of their needs

About CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS

Hong Kong's leading airline, Cathay Pacific Airways flies passengers and cargo to about 120 destinations around the globe, including – Read more