Cathay Pacific Airways’ vision is to be the world’s best airline. A 4-time winner of the prestigious Skytrax Airline of the Year award, Cathay Pacific operates a fleet of 130 wide-bodied aircraft and serves over 160 destinations in 42 countries and territories. Cathay Pacific employs a team of over 20,000 worldwide dedicated to providing the highest quality service both on the ground and in the air.
Cathay Pacific Airways Canada is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual for our Cargo team in Calgary. Reporting to the Cargo Sales & Service Supervisor, the Cargo Sales & Service Agent will be responsible for the following:
- Assist customers in forwarding for complying with CX TSA/Canadian regulations and safety and security requirements.
- Answer telephone inquiries from customers for cargo shipment track and trace.
- Arrange trucking for cargo shipment connections.
- Answer telex/email enquiries promptly
- Agents to assist cargo supervisor in various station tasks.
- Coordinate the cargo service activities between sales, traffic and ground handling in order to ensure efficient handling of shipments.
- Perform aircraft weight and balance.
- Handle and monitor ramp activities
- Perform ULD logistic control
- Assist GSA to ensure YYC meets the 70% e-AWB acceptance target.
- Manage local E & A activities, as well as keep plan up to date
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience Required:
- Previous customer service experience, preferably with airport and/or cargo involvement.
- Knowledge of air cargo computer/AIRIMP system.
- Knowledge of air cargo build up.
- Knowledge in air cargo warehousing operations
- Knowledge in freighter operations.
- Knowledge of air cargo tariff and TACT Rules
- Knowledge of air cargo Dangerous Goods acceptance procedures
- Familiar with aircraft weight and balance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner
- Superior independent work habits
- Knowledge of MS Word Applications.
- Knowledge of aircraft weight and balance preferred.
- Must have a valid Canadian government issued drivers license with good driving record to operate a company vehicle.
- Willingness and flexibility to work varying shift duties.
- Right to live and work in Canada.
Cathay Pacific offers competitive remuneration and excellent benefits, including discounted travel. Candidates who meet the above criteria and who would like to join a winning team are encouraged to forward a detailed resume, including salary expectations. Please quote job reference YYCAIN07.
Deadline for application is Wednesday, August 6th, 2014. We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Cathay Pacific Airways is an equal opportunity employer.
Cathay Pacific Airways’ vision is to be the world’s best airline. A 3-time winner of the prestigious Skytrax Airline of the Year...