Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace. Fast paced. The hardest part is physical, and using torque tools constantly. Air guns and DC electric
Lead Technician Internal Quality (Current Employee), Fountain Inn S.C. Greenville FacilityJune 2, 2014
Pros: bonus every year, great benifits, good salary and vacation time.
Cons: hard on some physically, diesel fuel and oil. fumes.
I have enjoyed my years at Caterpillar. I was fortunate to have found employment so soon after Kemet Electronics closed in Greenwood, S.C. We have good benefits and a comparable salary to all other businesses. We recieved a bonus every year I have been employed. I hate to see the facility close.
Caterpillar is a good place to work
MCOE Supply Chain / Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee), Fourntain Inn, SCMay 23, 2014
Pros: casual dress
Cons: plant is closing
Enjoy my job at Caterpillar. Co-workers are like family. It's a fast paced environment. Work days go by fast. I have learned a lot at Caterpillar.
Good Company
Product Development Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Mossville, ILMay 23, 2014
Good company to work with and the culture is good. The work-life balance is properly managed. And also, the management style is good.
Productive and fun workplace.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Wamego,KSMay 22, 2014
A typical day at work would start with receiving orders that were due to go into the paint shop to be built and painted in order for the customer to receive them on time. My co-workers were helpful and we always helped each other in getting the jobs completed.
Upstanding Corporation. Unparralled commitment to ethical employment
Grade III Welder, Fabricator, Trainer/Stall Lead (Former Employee), Wamego KansasMay 22, 2014
Pros: four ten hour shifts, competitive pay and benefits package. also, employees are treated like humans, not indentured servants.
Cons: not many, none that i wish to state
Before I worked for Caterpillar Work Tools, I did not believe there was a corporation that thought more of people than a dollar. This corporation actually enforced their own code of conduct. As opposed to the vast majority of companies that I have worked for. Unfortunately I had to relocate, or that would be the career I retired from. Upstanding commitment – more... to clean and safe work environment. Always seeking to be at the very edge of modern industrial manufacturing processes. Saying much more would probably be in violation of the corporate intelligence contract I signed at my departure. However, this only prevents me from publically revealing Caterpillar's specific procedure. This does not include subjects that Caterpillar does not own, such as algebra, or magnetic induction heating. A fine line, that does require a bit of interpretation. However this does not prevent me from say using Caterpillar's first responder training to save a coworker. So feel free to ask, just do not expect a full divulgence of insider information to conduct industrial espionage. These people treated me quite well. I will not reward that with betrayal or breeching my separation contract. For instance, Caterpillar participates with other companies to compare wage and benefits. So if this is the information you are after, you can ask yourselves. Your company just needs to show yours first, for them to show you theirs back. Unlike companies like Landoll's Corporation, who want to see, but not to show. – less
Company with different divisions and positions to grow to
Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMay 21, 2014
As an engineer, you are able to get a wide range of exposure to projects since the company is so global.
Administrator Deputy Team Leader (Current Employee), Belfast, NIRMay 20, 2014
Pros: yearly stip bonus
Cons: long hours
Complete Glide path every morning
Allocate the team there daily target for the day making sure that the oldest dates are being actioned first
Allocate the Rescans

Working on three different accounting systems
Gained extra experience on MicroSoft office package

Enjoyable part of the job is that the team have achieved above there target and are within – more... 2 days of receipt date - Meeting deadlines well within target

The hardest part is making sure that I have prioritised the correct email. – less
Productive and fun working place
Fork lift Operator (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSMay 19, 2014
Picking and packing car tractor parts. Fun people to with with along with supervisor.
Caterpillar is a good company to work for, it's just not for everybody
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Sanford, NCMay 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: manager indifference
The most enjoyable part of the job is the hands on work. I learned how to work and maintain equipment. The hardest part of the job was just the hours
ok employment
1Q25 Material specialist 3 (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILMay 18, 2014
Do your job and try not to advance you wont make a target for yourself. Most supervisors are great but a few that feel threatened if you try and advance to quickly.
not people orinated
Systems operator (Current Employee), East Peoria, IllinoisMay 18, 2014
Pros: ?/?/?/?
Cons: very hot in the summer. 100+degrees inside the facility
not much positive I can relay about my experience at Caterpillar. 2 tier pay scale is a big issue. I am under the old salary of $25.25 an hour. no raises in 14 years. loss of more benefits every year but we hear their profits are 15 to 20 billion dollars each quarter so I would take less money to work for a company that really cares about the employee's!
Free Lunches
Team member (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 17, 2014
Free Lunches and an outing for once in three Months anf free distribution of their products.
Productive fast paced company
Battery operator (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 13, 2014
Caterpillar was a fast paced, very productive it was about numbers. So you really had to be on your A game. I worked in the battery department, So I was in charge of reporting damages, inventory of all machinery.
a productive company with several pros and cons
machine Operator/ (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: getting overtime
Cons: not recognizing employees, short breaks, not communiative with employees
Throughout my time at caterpillar, I learned a lot of production elements. It was sometimes beneficial in recognizing the company but the emplyees always were in the shadows.
Clean place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Clayton, OHMay 13, 2014
If you like to work over 40 hours then this is a place to work. Every couple of months you are on mandatory overtime.
Good Work Environment
Quality Inspector for Incoming Supplier Parts (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCMay 13, 2014
Pros: strong world wide corporation
Caterpillar is a strong corporation to work for. I would still continue working for this company and will not speak badly about it. Sadly due to corporate financial strategies and cost reduction the facility that I work for is being closed down.
I enjoyed working for Caterpillar and would continue my career here if it were possible. I will continue – more... to seek opportunities within the corporation to continue my time with them, but it may not be possible to other cirucumstances such as job location and other things that may not make it possible for me to stay with this excellent company. – less
Great Company
Technician/Floater (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 13, 2014
Pros: great place to be
Cons: closing down
Very productive place to work for learned alot about teamwork takes more that 1 person when doing production.Customer is always right no matter what,all the people i have worked with are great been with them for over 18 plus years
BAD
Assembly and Test Specialist (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 10, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: poor career ethic
Poor work environment. You pester the same people every year in an attempt to sell them a water filtration system. Very annoying as i get the same people at my door.
Milwaukee manufacturing facility is a very stressful work place.
Manufacturing Engineer - 3 (Former Employee), South Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2014
After purchase of Bucyrus International, Milwaukee facility became a very stressful place to work at for all manufacturing areas.
Long working days for salaried people without any additional compensation.
Very poor employee relations.
Productive Fast Paced Environment
Payable Support Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMay 9, 2014
Caterpillar is a very challenging and exciting place to work. I have had the priveledge of working with amazing co-workers who have helped to shape and mold me into the focused and dedicated individual that I am today.

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more