Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive workplace
Product Assembler (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: same weekly work schedules, weekends and holidays off.
Cons: short breaks, some managers show favoritism
Caterpillar is a very good company to work for if your a full time cat associate. If you work through a temp service at cat the experience is not as pleasant.
Productive workplace with Quality Personnel
Employment History Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJuly 8, 2014
Safety conscience, with major emphasis on P.V.Q.C(People, Velocity, Quality, Cost) in that order. The people made my time at Caterpillar productive and enjoyable.
Always different
material specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: laid off
Enjoyed work didn't have wanted to get laid off. Clean safe work
Great place to start a career
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Wamego, KSJuly 7, 2014
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: career speed outside the corporate office
Positive experience, ultimately unhappy with the area and the options for other locations within the company.
Great job security
Group Leader (Current Employee), Franklin, INJuly 6, 2014
Great place to work. Promotions are hard to come by. There is a lot of opportunity. There is just such a long time for promotions.
productive
Administrator (Current Employee), sharjahJuly 5, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours
Have learned supervisory & time management skills to perform the given task.

Have learned to perform jobs independently and also to be active team member.
Great Environment To Work In
Team Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: operating equipment
A lot of success, some co-workers were a true pleasure to work with and the others we were stead fast in the CAT goal and achieved all goals set before us.
Commerical Assistant
Heavy Equipments Commercial Assistant (Former Employee), Santiago, ChileJuly 2, 2014
Pros: bonus, career, trips
Import and Export Reports, sales comissions reports, stock reports, competition manegement, local and foreign customer service, translations, prices, etc.
Company with lasting power and invested in employees.
Accounting Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2014
There was always a lot of flexibility and power given to employees that helped show that they were cared for. The management in some divisions were better equipped to provide feedback and assist on employee projects. Opportunities for advancement would be few and far between during the economic downturn which hurt the way employees felt about the company – more... from a low level prospective. Even though this was happening the work force still came in and did great work and helped to pull out of the harder times.

During my tenure with the company I was able to gather new skills and information from the many team projects and company wide led initiatives. I feel that this is where Caterpillar excels the most and those looking to work in diverse and varied teams should look no further. – less
Great company for global experience
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILJune 30, 2014
Loved being contractor at CAT. Learned a lot about global logistics and contract negotiations as well as managing global resources. Co-workers were excellent. It takes getting used to working in a truly global company due to all the time zones you have to deal with... Best part of the job was the travel to China and learning business in a different – more... culture. – less
Training Ground
Engineer - Earthmoving Division (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJune 30, 2014
at Gmmco Ltd. as Customer Support Engineer – Machines.
Gmmco Ltd. is Birla Group of company with annual turnover of Rs.1000 Crores, Dealer for CATERPILLAR’s Construction, Mining equipments and Gen-Set Engines.
it is all about the brand
training (Former Employee), USAJune 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers, training and development
Cons: management, management and management, average pay
after a certain period of time you become addicted to the brand, that is the magic behind that company that everyone loves the brand and the big boys toys, so HOWEVERE YOU SEE BAD STAUFF AROUND you will have this negative for negatives because your mind is blocked to CAT and loyal to it, I believe that the marketing team among the previous decades had – more... succeed to do an outstanding job.
I had worked for that company for almost 7 years, it was very interesting only because of the brand otherwise the wages were average and the management which I believe they must be kicked out because of favoritism between the reporting employees., if we speak about training and development, this was one of the most places that I had learnt and developed onto and that is a current problem actually because you get a lot of experience which you will find it difficult to be hired later on. My job was including travelling as well and that was an interesting part of it as you can see places those you never plan or expect to visit..if we speak about people around (coworkers), they were truly amazing, was a good experience. – less
Clean and safe.
Machinist on three engine block lines (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJune 28, 2014
Pros: very quality minded
Cons: decent health care
safety is a big concern, Clean healthy work evironment. Supervisors are approachable.
Best remanufacturing position I have had.
Remanufuring (Former Employee), Franklin, INJune 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: i have none.
Typical day at work was assembling in a fast paced environment, I learned to build diesel engines, management was great, my co workers were helpful and worked great together, hardest part of the job was torquing bolts, most enjoyable part was earning a days work.
Great place for those that enjoy work
Operations Staff & Training Analyst (Former Employee), Morton, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: working from home from time to time
Cons: favortisim happens alot
A typical day at Caterpillar is long but rewarding. You most likely will have days where you have long hours but you will also have days were you will leave early and no one will bother for it.
Great company
Print Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJune 26, 2014
Had a good team that understood how to work hard and get the job done.
Productive, Global supplier of commercial back up electrical generators.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), Newberry, SCJune 25, 2014
Pros: great employees, great facility, non-union, take pride in what they do!
Cons: temporary employment, no benefits, temp wages, no ability to excel
Caterpillar, is an awesome place to work, people, structure etc: However, I am in a temporary position in the Global Financial area which offers NO permanent position. I value their business practices as well as the longevity of the company. I also understand today's economic uncertainty's. I would like more than anything like to become a permanent – more... full time employee with CAT and I will keep working for towards that goal. – less
laid back
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJune 25, 2014
Cons: company is closing down
I love working with the people here. Everyone is so nice and the management team is very friendly as well.
Leak Check Technician (Former Employee), Griffin, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: quick raises
Cons: top out pay
Great company to work for. Learned alot about engines. Career placement all over the world.
Caterpillar was enjoyable
Machine Technician (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAJune 23, 2014
When I was working at Caterpillar, it was through a temporary company, VOLT. Being a temporary employee, I did not receive the same benefits as Caterpillar workers. I did enjoy working at Caterpillar and I was able to get along well with my co-workers.

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more