Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A demanding place to work. Loud,dangerous but good pay with a sence of accomplesment.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Clayton, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: close to home, good benifites and pay with healthcare and 401k
Cons: management was more interested in their bonusses than in good products
Co-workers were the best and we were dependent on them. There was too much management The days were 12 hours long. The goal of the company changed from making the best machines in the world to raising the price of the stock.
great company to wotk
Production Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 21, 2014
Pros: add a lot of knowledge.
Cons: high pace of production
learned a lot of management skills. add skills of controlling production flow and quality of work.
Required overtime and long hours. Not a fun place to work.
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJune 18, 2014
Pros: they will pay for higher education.
Cons: 20 minute lunch, no or little oppertunity for advancement.
Long work days and weeks, most average 50 hour weeks. They have us come in early and stay late. If you need time off, you have to use your vacation time first or they deduct your time off from that. Bonuses are late. There is definately a buddy system here. Rules don't apply to everyone.
PRODUCTIVE AND EVER CHANGING WORK ENVIRONMENT
ASSEMBLY AND TEST SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJune 18, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY CONSIST OF USING BLUE PRINTS TO BUILD COMPONENTS AND TEST THEM TO SPEC. I'VE LEARNED TO BUILD AND TEST A LARGE VARIETY OF COMPONENTS. CO WORKERS ARE HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGABLE. HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS NEW MANAGMENT NOT KNOWING OR TELLING FUTURE GOALS AND FUTURE OF COMPANY
great company to work for in North Carolina
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, NCJune 18, 2014
great place to work and advance. Great benefits as well. However, no union In North Carolina
fun clean workplace
Metallurgy Tech (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 17, 2014
Caterpillar is a great company to work for. they are technologicly advanced in testing procedures, and give great criticism on your work performance.
Balanced work place
Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJune 17, 2014
Embedded software development for Engines/Machines.
Automotive Software development.
Excellent place to work.
Work culture is great.
Work life balance is good.
Your opinions are valued.
A productive place to work
Safety & Hazardous Mat Analyst/Environmental Co (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJune 16, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: resistance to culture change
From the time that I entered into the company to now, the facility has come a long way within the safety culture. We have all learned a great deal and use the lessons learned across the corporation. I have come to care greatly about my co-workers, from the warehouse floor to management and to the corporate offices. I have enjoyed working with everyone – more... from day to day co-workers to the clients and even government officials. The hardest part of the job was getting the culture changed from do what ever it takes to get the quantity of products to make sure we are following safe job procedures and ensure the quality of the product before you send it. The best part of my job has been when someone comes back to me and says things like, that was a great idea you had, since we implemented that, we have not had anymore safety issues, or when an investigation of an issue finds that it was not an employee that caused damage to something. – less
Caterpillar provides opportunity for growth and advancement
Facility Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJune 16, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: a lot of overtime; workload
I enjoyed working for Caterpillar. The various job functions allowed me to grow in experience from a shop floor employee's knowledge to HR administrative knowledge. For the ambitious employee, Caterpillar will allow you diversity in your work experience which will allow opportunities for advancement.
ok place to work
Assembler II (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJune 12, 2014
would go back benefits were good advancement not likely great coworkers
Very Conservative company.
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Mossville, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, work life ballance and interesting projects
Cons: good luck advancing ever
Cat has been good to me but once they have you they will not spend any more on you. It does not matter how much you contribute to the bottom line. If you want to advance be careful. Cat will string you along for years making ambiguous promises that they have no intention of ever keeping. Management is only concerned about protecting their own positions – more... and managing risk. The rating system is there to give you an impression that it is fair. In fact 85% of employees are rated as average and only given a cost of living pay raise. You will rise quickly the first 2 1/2 years then opportunities will dry up. It is designed this way to lure you in. – less
Interesting place to work and fun at times
Operations Support Technician (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJune 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: opportunity to advance
Most of us have worked together for so long that we are like family. People are great.
Workplace and people
Material Availability Analyst (Former Employee), Morton, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: great team, good hours, and learning new aspects about the job
Cons: no opportunities to grow
I would expedite and change schedules that were approved. I learned about expediting and inventory management. Majority of co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was getting answers from other departments to make decisions. I really enjoyed working in supply chain management and my team.
good company
Material Specialist (Current Employee), Morton, ILJune 9, 2014
good company. managers sometimes not trained properly before starting job.
Great company to work for
Large Tractor Assembler (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: 401k savings plan
The work was challenging and complex, on a massive scale. With
teamwork our production line built large earthmoving equipment.
Great Job to come into.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 9, 2014
They taught me to drive a forktruck. Gave me the opportunity to be the best that i could be at that time.
great place to work at
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJune 9, 2014
its a good place to work at
very friendly co-workers
office job
Needs improvement
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJune 9, 2014
Pros: great commrodiry
Cons: heat index
I enjoyed working there. Got a little too hot in the summer months, but they office balanced things out. Felt as if things could have ended better amongst us but i feel as if the lady that was hiring the temps could've used better people skills.
great co workers great managment
Lead Tech / Repair (Former Employee), Fountain Inn S.C.June 4, 2014
Was a great place to work management and co workers are great. the best part of the job was the technicians and learning new areas. The hardest part of the job was the technicians and learning new areas.
Great Experience
Assembly 2 Technician (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJune 3, 2014
Pros: great company, people, management, fun job
Cons: not enough room for upward mobility
There is a great team culture at CAT. Many of the concepts and methodologies I have learned about Throughout my college career, such as Six Sigma and lean production are utilized on a daily basis. Much practical experience using such concepts and business skills has been gained along the way.Management is somewhat of a flat structure, which makes an – more... easy path to the top, who know their people well. It is not uncommon to carry on a casual and comfortable conversation with the plant manager or other upper management. The hardest part of the job is finding manufacturing engineers who have technical knowledge and practical experience, to support their education. The most enjoyable part of the job is being the most major part of continuous improvement and seeing my ideas improve quality and benefit the company. – less

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more