Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great crew
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: wetdays
good environment learn new techniques management was awesome co-workers are great
Very good place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
I work in Canadian CAT business unit. It is a fast pace environment and rewarding work.
productive and professional
Intern (Former Employee), LavalJune 26, 2013
everybody is very professional.
i learned a lot during my internship there about
C and C++
Caterpillar is a very profesional company and possibly the best working expierience so far. Skills development programs also outstanding.
Project TM Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Mali, West Africa. Manutention Africaine Mali.February 19, 2013
Pros: cat develop and look after his employees like family.
Cons: language barrier, english to french.
My day started at 05H00 in the morning to catch the previous shift for information to be carried over to the next shifts, I spent 40% of my time between employees. This a very effective way for encouraging performance and best practice. My co-workers attitude towards commitment to succes is the most enjoyable, the hardest part is when people you rely – more... on do not participate in full. – less
Pros: cat develop and look after his employees like family.
Cons: language barrier, english to french.
Engineering staff
Technology Solution representative (Current Employee), MoscowOctober 17, 2012
My main responsibility is to provide the newest technology in order to help our machines work with more capacity and capability. I increase dealer awareness of our systems AccuGrade and Product Link. The first is a special piece of equipment which mounts on machines: it’s a radio in the cab, two GPS/Glonass receivers on the edge of the front blade, – more... a colored monitor in the cab, cables and a remote base station. The AccuGrade system is intended for very precise accuracy when leveling the earth or gravel. The machine and the base station receive the signal from Glonass satellites, calculate the position and send the data via a wireless network to the computer in the cab. The operator can manipulate the blade with millimeters accuracy. The second piece of equipment, Product Link, is a remote control system for monitoring the condition and position of the machines and combine two technology the GPS and the telematics. – less
every day has a new to learn
Engineering project team leader (Former Employee), Caterpillar R & D center in ChinaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: good culture and value, practical training, team work
Cons: low work efficency, too many meetings
Discussed and reviewed new product performance data with product design team and initiated validation plan (manpower,tool and schedule) to ensure new product development;
The best part of the job is the people I work with, the hardest is the daily commute.
6T84 Machine Repair Mechanic (Current Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: health care
A typical day includes diagnosing and repairing CNC machines.
Fast paced work with a variety of work.
Experimental Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Washington, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: union, pay cap
Maintain a large group of machines. Work on machines that are several model years ahead of what the customer sees.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Lafayette, INOctober 19, 2014
Pros: health benifits
Just love the work environment and the people I work with no one is really strict the managers just want the job done. My co-workers are really down to earth and make the work place enjoyable & safe I've learn that this job keeps the employees involve with earning awards and being more aware of the hard work we are doing for the company.
Caterpillar
Tool Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Joliet, IlOctober 19, 2014
Pros: pay, vacation, hours
Cons: unstable, cat is looking to move out of illinios
I have worked for Cat for 20 years and it has become a unstable work environment. The future of the facility I work at is uncertain and I can tell it is time to move on.
Fast pace
Engine Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Fountain Inn, SCOctober 17, 2014
I had enjoyed working there. I loved being on the assembly line constructing engines and learning more about them. I would work there again if I could.
being a temp may be all you get
EMPIRE OPERATOR SPERION (Former Employee), Toccoa, Ga 30577October 15, 2014
When you go to work at Caterpillar many people came in thinking that within 90 days they would be hired on. Not in this facility. They rarely do any permanent hiring so working thru the temp agency is a normal process with them.
productive place to work, good 401K benefits
production technician (Former Employee), Seguin TexasOctober 14, 2014
fast pace
good people to work with
Hardest Part is getting used to the computer blueprints
and the most enjoyable part is when you finish a complete engine
Great company to work for
System Analyst (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 14, 2014
• Supported Windows Server 2008 R2, work with Active Directory to set user permissions, add/deletes Group Users & Account.
• Supported all VM Wares and Citrix XenServer Virtualized Environments.
• Supported all Cisco IP Telephones 794X, 796X, 797X
• Troubleshoot different types of Applications (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Lotus Notes, IBM, and – more... Citrix, VPN Access)
• Help Desk /average handle over 25 call a day
• Create tickets in Remedy database system.
• Windows System Administrator.
• Cisco Any Connect, Adobe Professional, Standard and Reader
• Lotus Notes Configuration and Troubleshooting Remote Desktop Services, logmein123
• Basic-to-intermediate PC software and/or hardware systems support via telephone or e-mail in accordance with service level requirements.
• Developed Microsoft Access databases for departmental & company wide use to improve customer service, and provide rate team and accounting with quicker access to rate information. – less
Very demanding and result orianted
NPI Lead (Current Employee), Mossville, ILOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great company to work and learn
Cons: as any other large company cat is somtimes too bureaucratic
The company is global enterprise and very well integrated. Over the years the company has changed dramatically by constantly improving the product quality, efficiency, and the profitability bottom line. At the same time it expanded manufacturing and design facilities in India, China, and Brazil.

Currently, the company is a leader in providing mining – more... and heavy construction equipment. – less
Good and bad days
6Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 12, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: career growth, work politics, conservative company
Busy work schedule with challenging projects and deadlines. some of the people are good and fun to work with. Its challenging to be a change agent in the company with a top down work culture. But there is lot to learn.
Over worked and under paid
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Miami Lakes, FLOctober 11, 2014
I work a temp agency inside the ware house and the work was not bad. the micromanagement was annoying to me. what bothered me most they expected the temps to perform at a high level like the full time. with a lot less pay and no benefits or job security.
Contracted Position
ASSOCIATE IT ANALYST-HELPDESK (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 11, 2014
Very Busy Atmosphere, Help Desk duties included but not limited to: Customer Service, Ticket Entry, Troubleshooting, Problem Solving, Software Installation, Remote Assistance. etc.
Loved this job
Team Lead - Material Specialist (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: people, responsibility and the work in general
Cons: no job security, stuck on third.
I loved this job. The people were great, I was given responsibility, I loved the work,

1 2 3 4 5

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more