Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good enviroment, satable ,
Senior Product Support Engineer (Former Employee), UAENovember 21, 2014
i love to work with this co.
my daily is active
i learned a lot a bout the heavy equipments, communications, personal skills, management skills.
the work is enjoyable, and stable.
the hardest part of the job is recording system.
and the most enjoyable parts that every thing related to the job or any clarification required, you can get it through cat systems,
great crew
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: wetdays
good environment learn new techniques management was awesome co-workers are great
Very good place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
I work in Canadian CAT business unit. It is a fast pace environment and rewarding work.
Diverse and Inclusive environment, fun place to work at with table tennis at break times
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great incentives
Cons: bad road to drive on
Strong Safety awareness for all employees, team oriented and always trying to keep staff motivated and content to be at work by great incentives, continuous learning for all employees, great benefits and vacation time off. You felt like you were working with your family, everyone was very nice to work with. The hard part of the job is hoping we had a job due to the mining economy in the past years
productive and professional
Intern (Former Employee), LavalJune 26, 2013
everybody is very professional.
i learned a lot during my internship there about
C and C++
Caterpillar is a very profesional company and possibly the best working expierience so far. Skills development programs also outstanding.
Project TM Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Mali, West Africa. Manutention Africaine Mali.February 19, 2013
Pros: cat develop and look after his employees like family.
Cons: language barrier, english to french.
My day started at 05H00 in the morning to catch the previous shift for information to be carried over to the next shifts, I spent 40% of my time between employees. This a very effective way for encouraging performance and best practice. My co-workers attitude towards commitment to succes is the most enjoyable, the hardest part is when people you rely on do not participate in full.
Pros: cat develop and look after his employees like family.
Cons: language barrier, english to french.
every day has a new to learn
Engineering project team leader (Former Employee), Caterpillar R & D center in ChinaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: good culture and value, practical training, team work
Cons: low work efficency, too many meetings
Discussed and reviewed new product performance data with product design team and initiated validation plan (manpower,tool and schedule) to ensure new product development;
I'm a dedicated diesel mechanic
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 24, 2015
• Use hand and power tools and specialized machinery
• Disassemble, repair, and reassemble engines
Program Management & Strategy, Program Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJanuary 24, 2015
Its great to work at Caterpillar but I am looking for opportunities outside the United States of America. I am a management consultant and the good part is my work is hard and fun.
Very good environment
Inbound Logistics Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: relaxing atmosphere
Cons: lay-offs
I truly enjoyed my work. No real complaints. I would still be there if it wasn't for the lay-off coming.
I enjoyed my time at Caterpillar
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 23, 2015
I really enjoyed the job I had and I am really sad to see it go away. Since it was a process I was involved with setting up it was not like a job as much as something I loved doing. Most personnel in charge of supervising us let us try out different ways to improve the dept. The hardest part was working with people that did only what they were asked nothing more even as they had seen other products moved away for more profit. Most co-workers on my team gradually got influenced by me and improved our teams numbers which then made our whole dept. look good. I don't blame the loss of my position on any one factor it is just the sign of the times.
Great work experience
Intern (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: excellent pay for intern
Cons: lack of clear directions
I began working at Caterpillar as an intern in the technical marketing side of the business. I left primarily due to the need to focus more on my school work. The pay was excellent for my status; however, I felt as though I had no real purpose with this company as I was mostly delegated to "gopher" tasks. I understood that expecting more responsibilities as an intern was not realistic, but I felt that I was mismanaged and was sent to work on dead-end projects that were not an effective use of resources.
Fun place to work
Assembler and Materials Handler (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Enjoyed getting up and going into work at Caterpillar. The whole Wheel Tractor Scraper Bowl assembly line was one big family. We could joke around and have our differences but at end of the day the job was done and it was done right.
productive place
Test Analyst / SQA Tester (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 22, 2015
At past company its was a very busy schedule. I have learned a different technology, its all web based application and Java based platform. Managemet and coworkers have good skills. The hardest and challenging part in this company was gathering requirements and it keeps changing while we do testing. when customer change their requirements we keep doing our testing and update our document. And the most enjoyable part was when its golive.
unload the trucks
forklift unloaded (Former Employee), Seguin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
well a typical day would consist is i would unload the trucks with the forklift when the other workers are busy with the other trucks and i also would help out with the ups receviving unload the boxes off the trucks and then i will unload other trucks coming from out of state and the management is really good there. They will help you out when you need help with something and the co-workers are really good people if they had a promble with anything they will help you out with anything you will need help out with. The hardest part was getting the use to the computer when they would put the stuff into it.
Decent salary.
Mazaks Operator (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 8 hour shifts.
Cons: not a stable employer
No room for advancement, constantly talking about more lay-offs for closing the facility. This make for a strained work environment.
May not be your dream job!
Team Lead (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good working environment, high safety standards, quality product
Cons: pay could be better, to many layoffs
I worked in the mining division and job security is a problem considering the ups and downs of the business. Went through numerous layoffs. Pay is not that great either. Wanted a career with Cat but have reconsidered. Management is good and the typical day is usually nice and laid back.
Caterpillar The worst place to work
Line Technician/ Assembler (Former Employee), Griffin, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: cat employees are friendly that you work with
Cons: work in fear, no job security, their so called company policy.
Caterpillar at the Griffin Ga plant is the worst place to work...They lay off way too much,they make employees that were layed off last year come back as temp agents,they make you work in fear every day with their defect or hit system,and I have seen people fired for really no reason and claim they violated company policy its all politcs at the plant its mostly family and friends that get hired.To me Caterpillar is the worst place to work...
Loved my job and job duties.
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee), Wamego, KSJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, and knew how to do my job good.
Cons: management in seeming like i how to many bosses.
I ran the saw department and over saw workers in my area. Did seem like the management had to many leaders. I also was the only one the at the time to know how to run the storage system in safe mode. Received shipments via trucks twice a week. Knew how to run all machines in the work area.

1 2 3 4 5

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more