Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Place To Work With
MECHANIC/SERVICE SUPERVISOR/SERIVE CO ORDINATOR (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi,UAEJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: long travellings
Excellent And Very Well Organized Company. I Enjoyed Working With Them
Diverse and Inclusive environment, fun place to work at with table tennis at break times
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great incentives
Cons: bad road to drive on
Strong Safety awareness for all employees, team oriented and always trying to keep staff motivated and content to be at work by great incentives, continuous learning for all employees, great benefits and vacation time off. You felt like you were working with your family, everyone was very nice to work with. The hard part of the job is hoping we had – more... a job due to the mining economy in the past years – less
productive and professional
Intern (Former Employee), LavalJune 26, 2013
everybody is very professional.
i learned a lot during my internship there about
C and C++
Caterpillar is a very profesional company and possibly the best working expierience so far. Skills development programs also outstanding.
Project TM Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Mali, West Africa. Manutention Africaine Mali.February 19, 2013
Pros: cat develop and look after his employees like family.
Cons: language barrier, english to french.
My day started at 05H00 in the morning to catch the previous shift for information to be carried over to the next shifts, I spent 40% of my time between employees. This a very effective way for encouraging performance and best practice. My co-workers attitude towards commitment to succes is the most enjoyable, the hardest part is when people you rely – more... on do not participate in full. – less
4 day ten hour week was a great idea
Full Time employee (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers fun and goodworkers
The work force was great, the management, more concerned patting themselves on the back, and back stabbing other management
Engineering staff
Technology Solution representative (Current Employee), MoscowOctober 17, 2012
My main responsibility is to provide the newest technology in order to help our machines work with more capacity and capability. I increase dealer awareness of our systems AccuGrade and Product Link. The first is a special piece of equipment which mounts on machines: it’s a radio in the cab, two GPS/Glonass receivers on the edge of the front blade, – more... a colored monitor in the cab, cables and a remote base station. The AccuGrade system is intended for very precise accuracy when leveling the earth or gravel. The machine and the base station receive the signal from Glonass satellites, calculate the position and send the data via a wireless network to the computer in the cab. The operator can manipulate the blade with millimeters accuracy. The second piece of equipment, Product Link, is a remote control system for monitoring the condition and position of the machines and combine two technology the GPS and the telematics. – less
every day has a new to learn
Engineering project team leader (Former Employee), Caterpillar R & D center in ChinaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: good culture and value, practical training, team work
Cons: low work efficency, too many meetings
Discussed and reviewed new product performance data with product design team and initiated validation plan (manpower,tool and schedule) to ensure new product development;
huge company
Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: no job security
great pay for some jobs but when the mining industry goes down your job is at risk
Very good company to work for. Great co-workers!
Welder/Fabrication, safety trainer (Former Employee), Lagrange, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, work enviroment.
Cons: mandatory overtime 6 to 7 days a week 12 hour shifts, layoffs.
I really liked working for Caterpillar. They really cared for their workers. Good safety program with incentives for meeting safety goals. Profit sharing, 401 company match and other good benefits.
Overall great place to work with great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Arvin, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: snacks on certain days and gatorade during the summer
Cons: does not conduct effective background screening
busy from beginning of shift to end made the days fly by. i gained more variety of forklift experience. My co-workers and the management are very nice and professional. when it came to difficulty, loading the trailers would be would be at the top of the list. But when i finished loading on time it gave me a great sense of satisfaction.
Due to economic decline
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), E.Peoria IL.July 8, 2014
There have been excessive temp layoffs and plant shut downs. So I feel that it is time to relocate to a more positive economy.
productive workplace
Product Assembler (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: same weekly work schedules, weekends and holidays off.
Cons: short breaks, some managers show favoritism
Caterpillar is a very good company to work for if your a full time cat associate. If you work through a temp service at cat the experience is not as pleasant.
Productive workplace with Quality Personnel
Employment History Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Fountain Inn, SCJuly 8, 2014
Safety conscience, with major emphasis on P.V.Q.C(People, Velocity, Quality, Cost) in that order. The people made my time at Caterpillar productive and enjoyable.
Always different
material specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: laid off
Enjoyed work didn't have wanted to get laid off. Clean safe work
Great place to start a career
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Wamego, KSJuly 7, 2014
Pros: competitive salary and benefits
Cons: career speed outside the corporate office
Positive experience, ultimately unhappy with the area and the options for other locations within the company.
Great job security
Group Leader (Current Employee), Franklin, INJuly 6, 2014
Great place to work. Promotions are hard to come by. There is a lot of opportunity. There is just such a long time for promotions.
productive
Administrator (Current Employee), sharjahJuly 5, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours
Have learned supervisory & time management skills to perform the given task.

Have learned to perform jobs independently and also to be active team member.
Great Environment To Work In
Team Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: work schedule
Cons: operating equipment
A lot of success, some co-workers were a true pleasure to work with and the others we were stead fast in the CAT goal and achieved all goals set before us.
Commerical Assistant
Heavy Equipments Commercial Assistant (Former Employee), Santiago, ChileJuly 2, 2014
Pros: bonus, career, trips
Import and Export Reports, sales comissions reports, stock reports, competition manegement, local and foreign customer service, translations, prices, etc.
Company with lasting power and invested in employees.
Accounting Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2014
There was always a lot of flexibility and power given to employees that helped show that they were cared for. The management in some divisions were better equipped to provide feedback and assist on employee projects. Opportunities for advancement would be few and far between during the economic downturn which hurt the way employees felt about the company – more... from a low level prospective. Even though this was happening the work force still came in and did great work and helped to pull out of the harder times.

During my tenure with the company I was able to gather new skills and information from the many team projects and company wide led initiatives. I feel that this is where Caterpillar excels the most and those looking to work in diverse and varied teams should look no further. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more