About our company:
Aurora Scientific Inc. specializes in the design and manufacture of research instruments and we have a reputation for function, high quality products, and flexibility. We develop customized products to support research in fields including muscle physiology, seismic monitoring, gas dispersion research, etc. Our instruments mainly include various sensors, specific test apparatus and measurement systems.
Why you might enjoy working on our team:
We are passionate about helping researchers improve the quality of peoples’ lives and their environment. We value:
- Working with our growing network of research clients around the world to innovate and
solve new engineering challenges
- Our highly collaborative and supportive approach that provides for continual learning
- Our teamwork and family environment
Reporting to the R&D manager, the electronics designer will work with teammates to help design customized solutions and provide support in the areas of: circuit design, PC board layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying products and solutions. Specifically:
- In collaboration, understand customer needs, research and develop customized solutions
- Assist in preparing electronic designs, drawings and specifications using computerized design tools
- Understand and develop new electrical/electronic solutions for both standard and customized applications
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Assist scientists and engineers in conducting applied research in electronics engineering
- Educate and provide support to customers and technical sales staff
- Provide operating support including: the application of safety and health requirements, developing product assembly and usage documentation, creating engineering change orders and Bill of Materials for circuit boards and solutions, etc.
We are looking for a person who enjoys problem solving and innovation, someone as comfortable applying theory as they are working at the bench.
- Formal education gained through an Electrical Engineering Technologist (EET) diploma, Engineering degree or related discipline such as Physics.
- Although we are looking for up to five years of related experience, new graduates may be considered if they have skills developed through part time work, hobbies and interests.
- Capability in: electronic design/manufacturing, circuit/board design, especially with analog circuitry, sensing and measuring equipment
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, Canadian Electrical Code as well as overseas codes, UL/CSA certification process for products will be considered an asset.
- Experience producing and interpreting electronic designs from specifications and/or computerized tools such as AutoCAD, Altium, etc.
- The ability to understand/create electrical circuits and wiring diagrams
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving, teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to work on multiple projects and shift thinking quickly
- The ability to apply creative thinking
- A good work ethic and reputation for meeting commitments
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to assist customers and provide technical support as well as writing assembly and usage instructions
I would like to thank all interested candidates, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 15 months ago
CATEK is a Canadian company providing essential services to the telecommunications industry. Our highly qualified and experienced teams...