Make an Impact for children
Build your Resume
Be part of our Growth
Catarino House is looking for new volunteers to become Members and Directors on their Board of Directors. Each term expires at the Annual General Meeting (up to 18 months) with an option to renew for up to 3 terms. There is no monetary compensation for these roles however, you will gain experience and have a direct impact in helping children in your community by volunteering!
Catarino House is a new registered charity which provides free alternative therapies (alongside medical care) to children ages 4 to 18 years old who have cancer, brain tumor(s), or are receiving palliative care. Initially we will provide Reiki and Mediation Sessions and expand to include Art and Music Therapy.
- Be passionate about helping children and understand and support the benefits of alternative therapies
- Have expertise in their field of study, accompanied with the proper designation, degree, diploma and or association
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work well on a team
- Participate with fundraisers run by Catarino House
- Willing to spread awareness in the community about Catarino House
- Attend cheque presentations and photo opportunities when available
- Able to commit to attending Board Meetings once per month. Currently held in Hamilton every 2nd Wednesday evening of each month for 2 -3 hours. Day is subject to change to accommodate the majority of the members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Knowledge in any of the following areas:
If you are interested in being part of this exciting new charity in Hamilton, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to be a member on our Board of Directors by *November 21, 2013*.
Interviews will be part of the selection process. All Board Members are required to submit a recent and clear vulnerable police check before being accepted onto the Board.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.