We are a retained search firm catering to Calgary businesses. Currently we are recruiting the following position for one of our clients:
Production Artist – One (1) Year Term
Reporting to the Communications Manager under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for layout and production of course materials for print and online. The position also provides design and production services to operating departments such as advertisements, brochures, promotional materials and other materials.
Responsibilities may include:
- Page layout and design of technical documentation with varied and sometimes complex page formats. This includes editing, revising text, , generating a table of contents, creating and updating cross-references, creating tables, importing and sizing graphics. It also includes assembling modules into book format, generating print ready and online PDF’s and prepress production
- Develop process to maintain and archive files and assist with management of version control process.
- Proof documents as required
- Attend press checks when required and discuss digital production issues with printers.
- Develop and design promotional materials as required
Required knowledge, skill and abilities:
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite or newer.
- Experience laying out long technical documents with varied and sometimes complex page formats is required.
- Knowledge in file preparation and optimization for printing is required.
- Experience in the development and implementation of printed marketing materials.
- Experience with colour correction and retouching in Photoshop.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint would be considered assets.
- Building web banners and flash experience would also be considered assets.
- Significant attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Education and/or equivalent experience required:
- The successful applicant must possess a diploma in Graphic Design or a related field combined with at least 3-5 years of experience.
- Successes in this position requires a strong understanding of the value of client relationships and the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Professional office setting, professional office attire
- Occasional travel might be required with this position.