Casino Regina Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 September 2017
Co workers are amazing. Money is good. Over all I really enjoyed being there.

Management needs some work, and the hours are hit and miss. It's hard to have a family when working the hours offered there. But it can be done.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Shifts
Great work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 August 2017
The casino is an amazing place to work. Great pay, amazing benefits and good hours. The staff are friendly, easy too intergrate into to create workplace friendships. Management is caring, respectful and helpful. Over all environent is welcoming and professional. Amazing job to gain experience in customer service as most services provided deal with customer satisfaction. Good job experience to have long term or short term.
Pros
Good benefits good pay good work environment great staff
Cons
Shift work
Fun coworkers
Food and beverage server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 August 2017
The experience I've had working there was wonderful ... Great atmosphere and great co workers.. Great entertainment and management is very understanding and works great along side you as an employer.
Pros
Early out
Cons
Night shifts
It is a good place to work with decent benefits
cook (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 June 2017
I have enjoyed working at the Casino however shift work makes it difficult on me when i work till 1:30 in the morning one day and the next at 11:00. I would like to have something more steady.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
shift work
Casino
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK8 May 2017
The Casino is a great place to work. I find everyone very friendly and courteous. I have learnt more skills working at the Casino over my four years there.
Pros
great food
easy work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 May 2017
being a diswasher at the casino is easy. You just have to be able to withstand working in a very warm and wet room while putting up with dirty food and the build up of dishes.
Great place to work to retain great customer service.
Customer Service/ Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2015
Casino Regina is a fun place to work. It would be nicer if management was on the same page. What I mean when I say that is, if you were to ask all the managers one question, they would all give you a different answer. I believe when employees call in and the employees that do come in have to take on extra work or extra tables do not get the chance to give excellent customer service due to short staff, they should show more appreciation to the ones that do always make it in and take on extra work. Employees would be happier. I would say dealing with management was the hardest part of the job. When I first started at the Casino I was a black jack dealer for almost 3 years. Overall the eleven years I worked at the casino, dealing was funniest job I ever had. What I learned from working at the Casino is how to be a great team player.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management not being on the same page and always short staffed.
Fun and enjoyable
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 November 2015
I love my position as an Ambassador at the casino, because i get to interact with so many people in different walks of life.
I wouldn't go back to the Casino
Floor Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 August 2015
A very disturbing place to work due to the amount of intoxicated patrons we are asked to deal with on a daily basis. Management is very reluctant to change policies or duties unless of course it's their idea.
Pros
subsidized lunches
Cons
Way too much standing - not good for the legs and back.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 April 2014
Work was easy enough, but not that much room for advancement. The management was kind of lacking, in a sense that there were too many managers and it seemed like no one knew what was going on. Co-workers were awesome to work along with. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication from management to the workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers.
Pros
wage
Fun
Dealer II (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 March 2014
Fun Fun Fun! great management and great atmosphere. working until 6 am had it setbacks though.
Dealer 1 Training
Dealer 1 (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 February 2014
I liked the training. I learned how to deal blackjack. The hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with others. My back gave out so I had to discontinue, after all our efforts as a team to keep me there,in my opinion it was my health came first.
Pros
discount on food (lunches, supper) tips
Cons
standing for 8 hours
Enjoyable work place
Floor Security (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 November 2013
I learned alot working at the casino. i observed alot of different people. I had really good co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with both guests and staff.
Pros
great work place
Cons
shift work
F & B Supervisor
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 October 2013
Starting the day by reading emails to get caught up on new activites.
Answer the phone messages for call ins for staff
Checking with Managers for new info
Making sure all staff is on site and in sections

The hardest part of my job and the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with employees

I have worked with many great people and worked well with them
great place to work , staff were valued
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 July 2013
overall day to day kitchen operations, staffing-hiring / disciplinary actions, extensive union training, monthly inventory, scheduling, ordering , equipment repairs/ maintenance, food/ menu costing, allowed me to volunteer numerous hours to community
Pros
staff value was high
Cons
working in a professional environment that was exciting
Poker/ Blackjack/ Small Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 November 2012
Typical day of work was dealing cards. I learned all card games and having to deal with unruly customers as well as working shift work. I got along with my superiors and had respect for them. I got along great with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with an unruly customers whom were intoxicated. Most enjoyable was the work environment and meeting all sorts of people, celebrities, and of course the regulars whom were an absolute delight.
Pros
meeting new people especially the celebrities
Cons
working till 4 in the morning
Great benefits and pension plan
Showlounge server, and cocktailer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 June 2012
I work with some really great people at the Casino! My co-workers are fun and make it easy to come to work! The hardest part of my job is being everywhere at once. The most enjoyable art of my job is watching people being entertained, but even more so watching them enjoy there money well spent!
Pros
great benefits