Casino Rama Employee Reviews

2017 Outlet Bartender
Outlet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rama, Ontario10 October 2016
No one cares, not even Human Resources. The staff lies and dont tip out and the other bartenders also lie and dont split. Absolutely no breaks. On your feet for more then 7 hours. Have to ask if you can have a lunch and only when its convenient for them. Most of the mangement are hypocrites. I read all the reviews and depending on your job I guess it could work out. They expect so much of you and when you tell them how unfair it is they just say quit or find another position. If you have to travel in bad weather it really isn't worth it. And if your cold because you working close to a outside door that too bad. You cant put on extra cloths but they will get mad when you call in sick and tell other employees your business. They make you part time so they dont have to pay you a decent wage and provide zero benefits. I talked to people who have been there years and I dont think one of them are happy. Very greedy/ money hungry staff. Very bad job culture.
Pros
They provide hot lunches which you have to pay $6.00/meal even if you dont want to eat there
Cons
you cant leave the premises for lunch, Cant eat while working, Cant chew gum. You cant wear big earring, You cant take breaks, They forget to give you a lunch or give it early so you are standing for long periods..
work environment has suffered since the union
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON14 October 2016
I have found that since the Union has come to the Casino, staff moral and working hours have suffered. Hours/ management/ moral/ upward mobility..
Pros
Free lunches, benefits bonuses (turkeys/ hams)
Cons
lost my weekends off, senority NOT first factor anymore
Not a very pleasant place to work
Full Time Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 May 2016
Customers are rude, no raise for the past 7 years, union has not done anything for the employees. Management does not care for their employees. Morality is very low, within the work place.
Pros
Nice co workers is the only pro to working at Casino Rama.
Cons
Not enough money for what we have to put up with.
Enjoyed the startup process of this new facility in Ontario and the opportunity to work in the hospitality industry.
Floor Supervisor Slots Department (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON31 July 2016
As an interviewer it was very rewarding to see that the best individuals were hired for the startup of Casino Rama in 1996 after my retirement from the military in 1995. As a Slots Supervisor I enjoyed helping the Slots Technicians install the slots at the facility prior to opening. I also enjoyed teaching Slot Attendants and Slot Change Attendants their new duties prior to opening and continue to coach and mentor them during the years I supervised them at Casino Rama. I also enjoyed working with the Beverage Servers, Housekeeping staff, Security Officers, Coin Impressment employees, Redemption employees, etc. to ensure that we always had customer satisfaction. This environment required Managers and Supervisors to always be vigilant in monitoring the gaming floor to quickly resolve issues that did arise from malfunctioning slots equipment, to complaints of poor service, patrons accusing others of stealing, etc. I focused on developing employees, recognizing those in each Department on a monthly basis who showed potential and possible future leadership qualities. Bravo Awards were presented to the best employees each month. If not for it being a smoking Casino, and I being an asthmatic, I would have remained in that work environment however I had to quit that career too early for my health.
Pros
Hospitality industry was opposite to my military career, I enjoyed the interaction with the patrons and working with other happy employees
Cons
Smoking, Gambling addictions was very evident
Horrible Experience
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON8 August 2012
Good pay, alright benefits. No support from management. No chance of a promotion unless you are close friends with your manager. Difficult to get time off. Has to be scheduled months in advance and may be granted if business is slow. Scheduled 3 days a week as part time (everyone starts as part time and takes forever to get full time)and sent home early most of the time when business is slow. No time off during major holidays. Management treats you like a number not a person. You do get a turkey or ham given to you on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter but it is not free it is taxed as a taxable benefit. So are your meals in their cafiteria. The patrons are rude and abusive. Management would do nothing about the abuse until the bill on workplace harassment came into affect.
Cons
read the review
Great place
Surveillance Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON3 September 2016
Great place to work if you can handle shift work. Wages are better than most places and a lot of different opportunities. Paid time off program is the best!
Terrible Work Place
players service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rama 7 July 2013
They over hire individuals just to let others go if they are not mutant workers and have an opinion regardless of right or wrong.

The players service/coordinator department is the worse! a couple good supervisors, a terrible manager and even worse executives.

They win you over in training with their wonderful trainer but then as go further the more individuals you meet you'll realize how pleasant but very fake smiles are, and add promises that cant be fulfilled.

Promise benefits and OT but do not allow full time employees anymore to get away from offering such bonuses. You take lunch when it is convenient for them and breaks if you are lucky.

If I was living on the street I would not re-apply to Casino Rama
Pros
slightly above ave pay but lack of hours-so non
Cons
Long list, read review
Great co-workers
Outlets Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON8 June 2014
my day started about noon and went until 2:30am, usually 5-6 days a week. On the floor it was about providing the utmost customer service exsperience. I loved meeting new people and dealing with different personallities everyday. I was incharge of 4 outlets, VIP lounge and room service. I had to be hands on and quick on my feet as I dealt with all customer complaints, I was responsiable for ensuring all orders were correct and served in good time. My office work consisted of payroll, scheduling, PTO, shift exchanges and staff training and evaluations.
Pros
working with people and providing great customer service
Cons
no compensation for long hours because of being managemnt
fun workplace
Table Gaming Dealer and Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON11 April 2016
nice place to work at. everyone is friendly. pays great with tips. provides meals to employees daily. management is nice.
Pros
meals
Cons
standing
They don't pay or care what you are worth
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Rama, Ontario18 April 2013
I was payed a little higher than fair as an entry level position. I was promised 4 days a week about 6 hours per day. Either I was to efficient, or they overestimated how much work they really had, or they weren't delegating enough work to me. When I left I was down to 1 or 2 days a week and about 4-6 hours a day. It wasn't worth getting up at 7am to catch a bus to come all the way out there to then spend another hour catching the bus back home. I have seen some starting wages on indeed for Casino Rama and for a multi-million dollar company, they are absolutely terrible wages!
Pros
medical benefits, pension plan
Cons
terrible food selection for lunch, taxed for your free lunch
productive and interactive
Cashiering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON2 May 2016
Casino Rama is a social interactive place to work.
The staff are friendly and quite helpful, both in solving problems that happen and the interaction with the customers.
Pros
the pay scale is fair
Cons
hours of employment can stretch the family ties
Dont go there!
Outlet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 July 2014
The best part of Casino Rama was the staff, great group of hard working people.

Guests were rude and Management allowed them to treat us with disrespect constantly, because its all about the gaming floor and nothing else.
Promise all these things such as benefits, advancement, full time positions.....it is not EVER going to happen, its a gimmick to get you in the door. Problem is they now have to hire outside the area (Simcoe County) because they have already gone through or fired all the local people.

Disappointing workplace, they truly need a UNION to protect the workers, as they tend to fire staff for ridiculous reasons. They give the servers their lunch breaks when they start their shift, because it is easier than having a break plan, and don't care about any other breaks during your shift. Some bartenders/servers don't even get one break until 7 hours into their shift, because it is not convenient for management

They have a great onboarding session that lasts 2 days, but they fail to follow through on their promises. Disappointing work place.
The grand plan is to get rid of the loyal Full Timers and replace them with Contract workers, so they don't have to pay benefits or paid time off,pension or promise any amount of hours that you signed up for when you got hired.
Pros
Turkeys or Hams at holidays
Cons
Horrible Place
Player Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 February 2015
Fair management
Great coworkers
Benefits
A fun job
The hardest part of working at Casino Rama is working holidays but you learn to celebrate these at other times.
Interesting and never boring position always learning and changing
Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON29 May 2014
Fast paced position requiring on the spot decision making. Organizing of staffing needs on an hourly basis. Varying co-workers each day.
Each day brought new challenges with both internal and external customers.
Learning new things and working as a team.
Pros
excellent pay scale and benefits
Cons
demanding hours
Fun people and free lunches. Plus monthly prizes that weren't cheap.
night manager of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orillia13 August 2015
I worked in a high stress job but enjoyed the pace and found it a challenge to keep up. My peers were impressed with my professionalism. My manager gave me kudos when it was appropriate. made many friends.The hardest part was in the mornings when all restaurants wanted everything all at once. But I was able to provide upon the more important departments first. Sometimes members from the various restaurants would assist to get the orders done.It seemed like a well oiled machine and was rewarding to finish my shift knowing that everyone was happy to put in a good days(nights).
Pros
free lunches and monthly prizes.
Cons
long hours( 10hr. shifts) hard on the body
Productive/ Opportune Place to work
Assistant Gaming Operations Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2016
I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my work. I have had many opportunities for learning and advancement throughout my career.
Good pay and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON10 July 2012
Good paying job and good hours, just no room for advancement
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no advancement, hard labour
Great place
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON24 January 2016
The Marketing Department at the Casino was full of energy and was transitioning / rediscovering their brand and striving to make positive changes. The VP was great to work with, still connected with him today and past colleagues.
Casino Rama
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK8 June 2012
It was a great place to work gave us great benefits but in some points did not train us efficiently
Exciting new venture for me!!! Loved it!!!
Jackpot Cashier/Coin Cashier/Coin Redemption Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON21 November 2012
Looked forward to going to work each day, it was exciting, fast paced and enjoyed working with the public. I started at Casino Rama when it first opened and also enjoyed the training, the staff were incredible, and came from all different types of careers. The Management were helpful in every way possible and were there when you needed them. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing the public enjoying themselves and meeting their needs as an employee. My co-workers came from all over Ontario, rotated with different employees on each shift, we all worked as a team and got the job done!! Loved it very much!!
Pros
working with the public
Cons
the commute in the winter time

Casino Rama Reviews by Location