Casino Rama Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyed the startup process of this new facility in Ontario and the opportunity to work in the hospitality industry.
Floor Supervisor Slots Department (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONJuly 31, 2016
As an interviewer it was very rewarding to see that the best individuals were hired for the startup of Casino Rama in 1996 after my retirement from the military in 1995. As a Slots Supervisor I enjoyed helping the Slots Technicians install the slots at the facility prior to opening. I also enjoyed teaching Slot Attendants and Slot Change Attendants their new duties prior to opening and continue to coach and mentor them during the years I supervised them at Casino Rama. I also enjoyed working with the Beverage Servers, Housekeeping staff, Security Officers, Coin Impressment employees, Redemption employees, etc. to ensure that we always had customer satisfaction. This environment required Managers and Supervisors to always be vigilant in monitoring the gaming floor to quickly resolve issues that did arise from malfunctioning slots equipment, to complaints of poor service, patrons accusing others of stealing, etc. I focused on developing employees, recognizing those in each Department on a monthly basis who showed potential and possible future leadership qualities. Bravo Awards were presented to the best employees each month. If not for it being a smoking Casino, and I being an asthmatic, I would have remained in that work environment however I had to quit that career too early for my health.
Pros
Hospitality industry was opposite to my military career, I enjoyed the interaction with the patrons and working with other happy employees
Cons
Smoking, Gambling addictions was very evident
Not a very pleasant place to work
Full Time Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 15, 2016
Customers are rude, no raise for the past 7 years, union has not done anything for the employees. Management does not care for their employees. Morality is very low, within the work place.
Pros
Nice co workers is the only pro to working at Casino Rama.
Cons
Not enough money for what we have to put up with.
fun workplace
Table Gaming Dealer and Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONApril 11, 2016
nice place to work at. everyone is friendly. pays great with tips. provides meals to employees daily. management is nice.
Pros
meals
Cons
standing
Great place
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONJanuary 24, 2016
The Marketing Department at the Casino was full of energy and was transitioning / rediscovering their brand and striving to make positive changes. The VP was great to work with, still connected with him today and past colleagues.
Productive/ Opportune Place to work
Assistant Gaming Operations Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 10, 2016
I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my work. I have had many opportunities for learning and advancement throughout my career.
Very secure environment.
Assistant to the Vice President Resort Operations (Former Employee) –  Rama, SKDecember 29, 2015
Well organized and team spirited environment. This company provides an abundance of skill and courses for personal improvement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Grave shift
Job inquiry
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ramara, ONOctober 26, 2015
Atypical day at work for me would be meeting new people and having fun.I have learned in previous work experience that I need to be more reliable at work..It was hard past 5 yrs as I have been sick with medical issue which are presently being fixed The hardest part about the job was trying to understand different nationalities. I loved my job thou and very much like second opportunity to be best employee. I have attached resume at bottom
Team oriented, well maintained and employees are well taken care of
Outlet Server (Current Employee) –  Ramara, ONOctober 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work with many opportunities for employees to move linearly as well as up the ladder in the hospitality business.
Fun Place to Work
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONOctober 4, 2015
Everyone on the team had a passion for customer service. We worked well and got the jobs done. The management and structure were great and I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
easy job and high pay
Card Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONSeptember 6, 2015
The hardest part of this job is to bare seeing patrons losing their entire savings in one night.
Every 90 minutes you spend on the table, you will get a 30-minute paid break.
lunch is buffet style.
Pros
easy, buffet, 30 minute break for every 90 minutes you spend working.
Cons
far for city dwellers
Fun people and free lunches. Plus monthly prizes that weren't cheap.
night manager of warehouse (Former Employee) –  OrilliaAugust 13, 2015
I worked in a high stress job but enjoyed the pace and found it a challenge to keep up. My peers were impressed with my professionalism. My manager gave me kudos when it was appropriate. made many friends.The hardest part was in the mornings when all restaurants wanted everything all at once. But I was able to provide upon the more important departments first. Sometimes members from the various restaurants would assist to get the orders done.It seemed like a well oiled machine and was rewarding to finish my shift knowing that everyone was happy to put in a good days(nights).
Pros
free lunches and monthly prizes.
Cons
long hours( 10hr. shifts) hard on the body
Employer not interested in Employee input
Lead Valet/Valet Attendant/Communications (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONJune 17, 2015
Worked for Casino for 7 years and found that the Casino does not listen or seem to care about employees. They are determined to eliminate full time positions and convert to part time or eliminate entirely. I found it very hard to get ahead and many policies are anti productive and limiting.
Pros
Pretty good hourly rate for position with tips
Cons
Grave shift almost entirely for 7 years- no family life
Housekeeping is a great department
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Rama, ONJune 13, 2015
Housekeeping is a great to work for. The managers that run housekeeping are awesome and it is not a difficult job except if you cant stand on your feet for long periods.
Pros
Free food
Cons
great company offering continue education, great benifit
Card dealer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 27, 2015
Greet new and repeat customers and welcome them to the table
Recognized by guests for providing excellent customers service
Built and maintained a strong clientele
Great personality and positive attitude is the key to service client better Well trained management team, great co-workers, great supervisor, nice to work with them The hardest part job would be need to work at night; and the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with people from different parts of the world, learning, experiencing different cultur
Pros
free lunch, trainnings
Better than min.wage but lots of Scare Tactics and Uptight Mgrs/Sups, FT Hrs not guarenteed
Player Service Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONMay 26, 2015
Well I'll get the good out of the way you get a free meal working an 8-hour shift though you'll be lucky if the foods halfway edible on a given day. Also if you don't have a ride/vehicle there's a bus but they wont take that into account if you need a schedule changed or modified the answer they have is "get the early bus"

Hoo...the bad? Well, if your not a Robot they will tear you a new one, and oh if you show personality or friendliness they will be sure to correct that quickly better believe it. For an Industry that is built on repeat business the attitude is more like "well there's more where that came from" unless they are one of the Big Spender-types in which case if you make mistake they will rain fire upon you.

Anyway the best I can conclude is if you need some kind of work until you can get a better job then I guess this is an OK choice as long as you are good at handling stress from both ends---customers & mgmnt/supervisors--oh and one more thing they will most likely start you on contract and if you survive a year it will be part-time so less than 30 hours/wk except maybe during peak summertime. so if you need guaranteed 40+/hrs a week your best looking elsewhere
Pros
free lunch/transport, free drinks
Cons
tedious, repetive, uncreative, negativity
Great co-workers
Security Officer & Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rama, ONMay 3, 2015
I have worked for Casino Rama for 12 years now, It has allowed me many great opportunities inside and out!
The training I have been given as an employee has been very beneficial to my every day life!
Pros
Great Co-Workers and Training!
Cons
Working midnights
Good job for people with no financial obligations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONFebruary 23, 2015
5 to 8 hours a day, unqualified Management , some trustworthy co-workers.hardest part of job are road block's by management . The most enjoyable part is working independently.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
untrustworthy management, working every holiday and inconsistent paycheque
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent working environment. All CREW members make going to work enjoyable. All management is very professional and make your job as easy as possible.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short shifts
Player Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Fair management
Great coworkers
Benefits
A fun job
The hardest part of working at Casino Rama is working holidays but you learn to celebrate these at other times.
Working in a casino kitchen
Kitchen Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONDecember 11, 2014
An enjoyable place to work, lots to do, lots of people, good free food.

Worked there for 4 years, got to know lots of people, and learned a lot about large scale food production.

Enjoyable work environment.
Pros
good free food

Casino Rama Reviews by Location