Casino Rama Employee Reviews

Not a great work environment
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 February 2017
I thought management was not the greatest, working nightshift was difficult but overall I grew very much as an employee there and learned alot of lessons within the workplace.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
not the greatest work environment
work environment has suffered since the union
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON14 October 2016
I have found that since the Union has come to the Casino, staff moral and working hours have suffered. Hours/ management/ moral/ upward mobility..
Pros
Free lunches, benefits bonuses (turkeys/ hams)
Cons
lost my weekends off, senority NOT first factor anymore
negative
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON2 February 2017
Never worked in a more negative atmosphere in my entire life. Decent money is the only reason to be there. Lack of trust in people ha created an extremely poor working environment.
Great place
Surveillance Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON3 September 2016
Great place to work if you can handle shift work. Wages are better than most places and a lot of different opportunities. Paid time off program is the best!
Not a very pleasant place to work
Full Time Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 May 2016
Customers are rude, no raise for the past 7 years, union has not done anything for the employees. Management does not care for their employees. Morality is very low, within the work place.
Pros
Nice co workers is the only pro to working at Casino Rama.
Cons
Not enough money for what we have to put up with.
2017 Outlet Bartender
Outlet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rama, Ontario10 October 2016
No one cares, not even Human Resources. The staff lies and dont tip out and the other bartenders also lie and dont split. Absolutely no breaks. On your feet for more then 7 hours. Have to ask if you can have a lunch and only when its convenient for them. Most of the mangement are hypocrites. I read all the reviews and depending on your job I guess it could work out. They expect so much of you and when you tell them how unfair it is they just say quit or find another position. If you have to travel in bad weather it really isn't worth it. And if your cold because you working close to a outside door that too bad. You cant put on extra cloths but they will get mad when you call in sick and tell other employees your business. They make you part time so they dont have to pay you a decent wage and provide zero benefits. I talked to people who have been there years and I dont think one of them are happy. Very greedy/ money hungry staff. Very bad job culture.
Pros
They provide hot lunches which you have to pay $6.00/meal even if you dont want to eat there
Cons
you cant leave the premises for lunch, Cant eat while working, Cant chew gum. You cant wear big earring, You cant take breaks, They forget to give you a lunch or give it early so you are standing for long periods..
productive and interactive
Cashiering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON2 May 2016
Casino Rama is a social interactive place to work.
The staff are friendly and quite helpful, both in solving problems that happen and the interaction with the customers.
Pros
the pay scale is fair
Cons
hours of employment can stretch the family ties
fun workplace
Table Gaming Dealer and Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON11 April 2016
nice place to work at. everyone is friendly. pays great with tips. provides meals to employees daily. management is nice.
Pros
meals
Cons
standing
Job inquiry
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ramara, ON26 October 2015
Atypical day at work for me would be meeting new people and having fun.I have learned in previous work experience that I need to be more reliable at work..It was hard past 5 yrs as I have been sick with medical issue which are presently being fixed The hardest part about the job was trying to understand different nationalities. I loved my job thou and very much like second opportunity to be best employee. I have attached resume at bottom
Great place
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON24 January 2016
The Marketing Department at the Casino was full of energy and was transitioning / rediscovering their brand and striving to make positive changes. The VP was great to work with, still connected with him today and past colleagues.
Fun people and free lunches. Plus monthly prizes that weren't cheap.
night manager of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orillia13 August 2015
I worked in a high stress job but enjoyed the pace and found it a challenge to keep up. My peers were impressed with my professionalism. My manager gave me kudos when it was appropriate. made many friends.The hardest part was in the mornings when all restaurants wanted everything all at once. But I was able to provide upon the more important departments first. Sometimes members from the various restaurants would assist to get the orders done.It seemed like a well oiled machine and was rewarding to finish my shift knowing that everyone was happy to put in a good days(nights).
Pros
free lunches and monthly prizes.
Cons
long hours( 10hr. shifts) hard on the body
Employer not interested in Employee input
Lead Valet/Valet Attendant/Communications (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON17 June 2015
Worked for Casino for 7 years and found that the Casino does not listen or seem to care about employees. They are determined to eliminate full time positions and convert to part time or eliminate entirely. I found it very hard to get ahead and many policies are anti productive and limiting.
Pros
Pretty good hourly rate for position with tips
Cons
Grave shift almost entirely for 7 years- no family life
Very secure environment.
Assistant to the Vice President Resort Operations (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK29 December 2015
Well organized and team spirited environment. This company provides an abundance of skill and courses for personal improvement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Grave shift
great company offering continue education, great benifit
Card dealer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON27 May 2015
Greet new and repeat customers and welcome them to the table
Recognized by guests for providing excellent customers service
Built and maintained a strong clientele
Great personality and positive attitude is the key to service client better Well trained management team, great co-workers, great supervisor, nice to work with them The hardest part job would be need to work at night; and the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with people from different parts of the world, learning, experiencing different cultur
Pros
free lunch, trainnings
Productive/ Opportune Place to work
Assistant Gaming Operations Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2016
I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my work. I have had many opportunities for learning and advancement throughout my career.
easy job and high pay
Card Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON6 September 2015
The hardest part of this job is to bare seeing patrons losing their entire savings in one night.
Every 90 minutes you spend on the table, you will get a 30-minute paid break.
lunch is buffet style.
Pros
easy, buffet, 30 minute break for every 90 minutes you spend working.
Cons
far for city dwellers
great place to work, competitive rates, overall enjoyable
Gaming operations (Current Employee) –  Rama, Ontario5 August 2014
a typical day at work is fun and challenging
I've learned a great deal about time management, customer service, team work.
my co-workers were great
The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours, since it's a company that runs 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, it's to have "normal working hours"
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with customers, and internal staff.
Pros
Free lunches and company incentives
Cons
working hours
Great co-workers
Outlets Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON8 June 2014
my day started about noon and went until 2:30am, usually 5-6 days a week. On the floor it was about providing the utmost customer service exsperience. I loved meeting new people and dealing with different personallities everyday. I was incharge of 4 outlets, VIP lounge and room service. I had to be hands on and quick on my feet as I dealt with all customer complaints, I was responsiable for ensuring all orders were correct and served in good time. My office work consisted of payroll, scheduling, PTO, shift exchanges and staff training and evaluations.
Pros
working with people and providing great customer service
Cons
no compensation for long hours because of being managemnt
An engaging company who values its employees and customers alike
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON27 June 2012
The ability to move around the property in various jobs, and the opportunities for advancement, programs for computer skills, supervisory skills, and customer service skills.

The employee workforce as a whole like a family setting, from contract employees to the CEO.
Pros
employee activities years round, dragon boat, baseball, golf, ball hockey tournaments, yearly anniversary party with concert. staff lunch room.
Really enjoyed working there in F&B
Server (Former Employee) –  restaurants29 August 2012
Busy, but good place to work. Wish we hadn't moved away. They just started to allow more people to do restrict part time, which meant you could work specific shifts, otherwise you had to work as business needed. Which make sense. Also, they have new automated system, just installing as I left, but other departments liked that allowed you to switch or giveaway or pickup other shifts. Very cool.
Pros
free food and other perks, fun staff events
Cons
limited turn-over, but i guess that's also a good thing

90%