Casino Rama

Casino Rama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment
BARBACK (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: fast
Cons: random scheduling
As a barback at the casino it was my responsibility to serve customers and maintain a clean and safe workspace at all of the casinos 4 bars.

I worked shift work and was also staffed on the graveyard shift occasionally.

The fast pace of the food and beverage department, while sometimes challenging, was welcomed on night and graveyard shifts.
Casino Rama is a fun place to work
Entertainment & Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Rama, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay
Casino Rama is a fun place to work. I have an very interesting job where i have to learn and deal; with different things on a daily basis.
Overall
BARTENDER/SERVER (Former Employee), Orillia, ONDecember 11, 2013
Working the busy morning shift with a great team making everyones day run more smoothly. We all were a team as coworkers learning different techniques from each other .
I enjoyed my job
Excellent people to work with.
Bus Driver / Relief Dispatcher (Former Employee), Rama, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours
It's been great. The people are amazing to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was the excellent people that played and worked there.
good place to work
Kitchen Utilities Worker (Former Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch good hours, good shift
Cons: far from home
Working in kitchen loading and unloading dish washers washing by hand when required, emptying deep fryers cleaning/disinfecting cooking and prep areas management was good co-workers were helpful and became to be friends. Hardest part was being away from home.I like the people i was working with
fast paced enviroment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 3, 2013
i made good money and made lots of friends. i was very good at this job. customers would wait in line so i could check them in to the hotel. i even got gifts from my regulars.
Fun job with good staff
Dealer (Former Employee), Rama, ONSeptember 5, 2013
I really enjoyed dealing cards & spinning the roulette balls of Casino Rama
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rama, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: fun place to work, free lunch
I really enjoyed working at casino rama. I was responsible for large amounts of money. The management was great to all the staff. The staff were great and fun to work with. The hardest part was dealing with patrons who had lost all their money and were upset.
the most enjoyable part was meeting many great people.
Productive and had slost machines
D/R Cashier Supervisor/cashier (Former Employee), Orillia, ONAugust 20, 2013
count in my drawer, fill abms and ticket machines, redeem tickets and playing chips, cash advances, balancing night duties

I learned excel, smart serve, counterfeit training, customer service training.

management was confusing.

co-workers was ok

hardest part of the job was the language barrier

the most enjoyable was watching people win money
Terrible Work Place
players service coordinator (Former Employee), RamaJuly 7, 2013
Pros: slightly above ave pay but lack of hours-so non
Cons: long list, read review
They over hire individuals just to let others go if they are not mutant workers and have an opinion regardless of right or wrong.

The players service/coordinator department is the worse! a couple good supervisors, a terrible manager and even worse executives.

They win you over in training with their wonderful trainer but then as go further the more – more... individuals you meet you'll realize how pleasant but very fake smiles are, and add promises that cant be fulfilled.

Promise benefits and OT but do not allow full time employees anymore to get away from offering such bonuses. You take lunch when it is convenient for them and breaks if you are lucky.

If I was living on the street I would not re-apply to Casino Rama – less
Great busy place to work
FT Lead Greeter (Former Employee), Rama, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: higher rate of pay
Cons: you are only known as a number. full time staff lose their jobs easy.s
This is a great place to work, if you are not a parent or if you have great family support.
Overall excellant place to be employed
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Rama, OntarioApril 24, 2013
Pros: exciting, fast pace, never boring, fun
Cons: no cons
Rama was a fun upbeat place to work, the fast pace was exciting and dealing with the public was a joy for me. The co-workers were excellant and I enjoyed going to work everyday
They don't pay or care what you are worth
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Rama, OntarioApril 18, 2013
Pros: medical benefits, pension plan
Cons: terrible food selection for lunch, taxed for your free lunch
I was payed a little higher than fair as an entry level position. I was promised 4 days a week about 6 hours per day. Either I was to efficient, or they overestimated how much work they really had, or they weren't delegating enough work to me. When I left I was down to 1 or 2 days a week and about 4-6 hours a day. It wasn't worth getting up at 7am to – more... catch a bus to come all the way out there to then spend another hour catching the bus back home. I have seen some starting wages on indeed for Casino Rama and for a multi-million dollar company, they are absolutely terrible wages! – less
Fun and open place to work
Player Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Rama OnMarch 19, 2013
Pros: a true team effort here
Cons: scheduling, lack of fill time positions
Providing you follow the strick guidelines, this is a great place to work, supported by postive attiudes of fellow CREW members.
a good place if there is no meo
table game dealer (Current Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: 20mins break time every 1 and a half work
everything in order . you don't need to worry anything , they already settled for you . just work . people there are very nice ,easy to join in . the part I like is you don't need to worry about yesterday's work . every day is fresh .
I learned a lot about cooking while there.
Cook (Former Employee), Rama, ONFebruary 11, 2013
Instead of caring about food and the customers experience. they're more concerned with saving there own reputations.
productive and fun
Casino dealer (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: seeing sore losers
A typical day at work is dealing cards, calculate cash, and provide customer service. I learned to be friendly at work and how to co-operate with others. The hardest part of the job is being criticized by customers. I enjoy every part of my job at Casino Rama.
Fun and full of excitement
Barback (Former Employee), Orillia, ONDecember 23, 2012
Pros: free buffet and excellent lounge rooms
Cons: extremely long hours
Casino Rama was a great place to work there was a lot of good people to work with and tons of excitement. A typical day at work really depends on what shift you were assigned too since the Casino was a 24 hour operation.

During the day it was make sure the bar was fully stocked also making sure that you had enough freshly cut fruit to last for day – more... and to also put in orders or supplies. In the evening which is the most busiest time of the day it was keeping up with demand. Making sure there was enough ice, beer and fruit but also helping out the bartenders and servers with whatever they needed. At night that's when all of the cleaning happened and re-stocking of the bars happened. A main priority was to help the servers of the night shift.

What I learned while working at the Casino was how to managed my time and utilize slow points during my shift. How to keep it cool and collective during some of the busiest and chaotic times and working to a near perfect rhythm with bartenders and servers.

Management at Casino Rama was great, when it got to the point where some barbacks or bartenders could no longer keep up with customer demand they jumped in and helped whether is was serving drinks or lifting kegs it didn't matter. Co-works on the most part were great specially with the barbacks. If a barback was having trouble with anything other barbacks helped right away. Bartenders were patient with the new barbacks since many of them were at one point barbacks also at the Casino.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with customer demand but it was also the most enjoyable because it was a challenge. It was a challenge because you're trying to look after a bar that could be serving a couple hundred people a night on a slow day to a couple thousand on a show night. But at the end knowing you managed to keep the bar running and keep your cool is nice. – less
Exciting new venture for me!!! Loved it!!!
Jackpot Cashier/Coin Cashier/Coin Redemption Clerk (Former Employee), Rama, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: working with the public
Cons: the commute in the winter time
Looked forward to going to work each day, it was exciting, fast paced and enjoyed working with the public. I started at Casino Rama when it first opened and also enjoyed the training, the staff were incredible, and came from all different types of careers. The Management were helpful in every way possible and were there when you needed them. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job for me was seeing the public enjoying themselves and meeting their needs as an employee. My co-workers came from all over Ontario, rotated with different employees on each shift, we all worked as a team and got the job done!! Loved it very much!! – less
employees where great to work with
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Rama, ONOctober 16, 2012
Pros: you did get one meal a day.
Cons: it was a taxable benefit even if you didn't eat in the meal
The management staff where not very educated in management rolls. They promoted upon how you where liked