Casino Rama Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Outlet Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 November 2017
I have never loved a job as much as working for Casino Rama! The manager are great, the people you work with are great and it is a really fun atmosphere.Thank you for a great experience!
Pros
Free buffet lunch every shift, paid days off, able to pick up shifts
Cons
There is nothing negative to say about Casino Rama they were a great employer.
Menial line/production work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON3 November 2017
Working on the floor on the tables was entertaining on good nights, menial on others. Table games mimicked working on a production floor in a warehouse setting.
good
Simcoe Yard House Server (Current Employee) –  Rama, SK26 October 2017
I really enjoy working here , staff and customers are great. Its always fun to come into, you're never bored or never not have anything to do. Overall it is a great place to work.
Fun place to work but too far away from home. An hour and half drive one way.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON28 September 2017
It's a fun place to work with steady job. It's just too far from where I live. Free training on all the games. Unfortunately no salary increase for the last six years.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Too far from home
Scheduling Clerk
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK28 September 2017
I mostly took care of Schedule changes made by workers, (dealers).
I've learnt a few things on Excel program, which was used . Most enjoyable part of the job was greeting workers and chatting about their needs and joke around.
Worst Job Ever
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON21 August 2017
Absolutely hated working at Casino Rama. Everything from the management to other staff... Worst Job of my life, and when you do everything possible to advance to another location,, you are ignored.
Pros
Turtle Island
Cons
No Advancement
9 September 2017

Thanks for sharing your opinion about our company on Indeed.com, we’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience. If you’d like to share more with one of our HR representatives, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at: HRmedia@casinorama.com.

good pay with benefits
D/R Coin/General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK10 August 2017
dont remember much, but co-workers were great as were managers. upper management had no clue on what us frontline workers did on a daily basis. long days for me as it was an hour drive there and an hour drive back.
Great CoWorkers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON11 July 2017
Shifts continually cancelled. Unable to budget with such unsteady shift assignments.

Great staff, great customers. Meet lots of different types of people and I really enjoy that.
17 July 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear you enjoy interacting with C.R.E.W. and customers, and are sorry to hear about your shift assignments.

If you'd like to discuss your schedule with someone from our HR team, please contact us at hrmedia@casinorama.com.

Good Place to work
WARDROBE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON30 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that the patrons had a good time. I would greet them when they arrived,and again when they were leaving so it was a very good day for me when the patrons were happy.
Pros
Free Lunch, Turkey or ham for christmas & easter
Cons
Part time, no guranteed hours
5 June 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience, we’re glad you enjoyed working as a Wardrobe Attendant!

Its Ok
Outlet CREW Member (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON9 May 2017
Cannot get enough shifts to even bother with the commute. Moved up from the city because apparently I would be getting minimum 30 hours a week, Have been given 8 a week. Talked to sup and maagement cant even apply in another department until 1600 probation period is over.... with 8 hours a week? Wont be staying long!
16 May 2017

We highly value C.R.E.W. feeback and are sorry to hear you are only receiving an eight hour work week. Please contact our HR Business Partner Labour Relations, Ron Hodgson, at hodgsonr@casinorama.com to discuss the details and how we can try to help.

Good job for younger people or stidents
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON4 May 2017
I'm actually really disappointed in casino Rama. I'm also a little irritated that indeed wouldn't let me continue without writing a review for my previous jobs
intresting work inviroment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 April 2017
This was an interesting experience, there was a lot of great people that worked there lots of perks for the employees. Turtle island is what the staff cafeteria and you get all the same food that is offered to the customers in all the restaurants.
Pros
every day is an adventure
Cons
no job security
8 May 2017

We highly value C.R.E.W. feedback, thank you for sharing your experience. We are proud to say that almost 20% of our C.R.E.W. have been with us since Day 1!

good place to work
kitchen services & warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 April 2017
I worked at casino rama for 7 years. I took care of the warehouse on grave shift. it was hard work but the people and the pay made it worth wile. I met some good friens and had a lot of fun.
Pros
good pay and holidays.
Cons
lots of hard work.
8 May 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we're glad you enjoyed your time here.

Hardwork and doesnt pay the greatest
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Casino Rama however as a house keeper. I did not find the wage to be good for the amount of work you do. Very physical job, you will stay in shape that is forsure.
8 May 2017

It's great to hear from former C.R.E.W. and we're happy you enjoyed your time here. We believe we offer a competitive total compensation package that includes not just wages but C.R.E.W. Events, Rewards and Recognition programs and complimentary meals in Turtle Island Cafe.

Not a great work environment
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 February 2017
I thought management was not the greatest, working nightshift was difficult but overall I grew very much as an employee there and learned alot of lessons within the workplace.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
not the greatest work environment
negative
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON2 February 2017
Never worked in a more negative atmosphere in my entire life. Decent money is the only reason to be there. Lack of trust in people ha created an extremely poor working environment.
work environment has suffered since the union
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON14 October 2016
I have found that since the Union has come to the Casino, staff moral and working hours have suffered. Hours/ management/ moral/ upward mobility..
Pros
Free lunches, benefits bonuses (turkeys/ hams)
Cons
lost my weekends off, senority NOT first factor anymore
2017 Outlet Bartender
Outlet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rama, Ontario10 October 2016
No one cares, not even Human Resources. The staff lies and dont tip out and the other bartenders also lie and dont split. Absolutely no breaks. On your feet for more then 7 hours. Have to ask if you can have a lunch and only when its convenient for them. Most of the mangement are hypocrites. I read all the reviews and depending on your job I guess it could work out. They expect so much of you and when you tell them how unfair it is they just say quit or find another position. If you have to travel in bad weather it really isn't worth it. And if your cold because you working close to a outside door that too bad. You cant put on extra cloths but they will get mad when you call in sick and tell other employees your business. They make you part time so they dont have to pay you a decent wage and provide zero benefits. I talked to people who have been there years and I dont think one of them are happy. Very greedy/ money hungry staff. Very bad job culture.
Pros
They provide hot lunches which you have to pay $6.00/meal even if you dont want to eat there
Cons
you cant leave the premises for lunch, Cant eat while working, Cant chew gum. You cant wear big earring, You cant take breaks, They forget to give you a lunch or give it early so you are standing for long periods..
Casino Rama; decent place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Rama, SK10 September 2016
With the new union there is a bit of a struggle working out what works and what new criteria need to be followed. That being said the Casino has competitive pay, consistent hours, innumerable positions and fantastic perks.
Pros
free lunches
Great place
Surveillance Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON3 September 2016
Great place to work if you can handle shift work. Wages are better than most places and a lot of different opportunities. Paid time off program is the best!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casino Rama. Our community is ready to answer.

Casino Rama Reviews by Location