Casino Rama Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
Table Gaming Dealer and Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Rama, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: meals
Cons: standing
nice place to work at. everyone is friendly. pays great with tips. provides meals to employees daily. management is nice.
Great place
Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Rama, ONJanuary 24, 2016
The Marketing Department at the Casino was full of energy and was transitioning / rediscovering their brand and striving to make positive changes. The VP was great to work with, still connected with him today and past colleagues.
Productive/ Opportune Place to work
Assistant Gaming Operations Shift Manager (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 10, 2016
I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my work. I have had many opportunities for learning and advancement throughout my career.
Very secure environment.
Assistant to the Vice President Resort Operations (Former Employee), Rama, SKDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Grave shift
Well organized and team spirited environment. This company provides an abundance of skill and courses for personal improvement.
Job inquiry
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ramara, ONOctober 26, 2015
Atypical day at work for me would be meeting new people and having fun.I have learned in previous work experience that I need to be more reliable at work..It was hard past 5 yrs as I have been sick with medical issue which are presently being fixed The hardest part about the job was trying to understand different nationalities. I loved my job thou and very much like second opportunity to be best employee. I have attached resume at bottom
Team oriented, well maintained and employees are well taken care of
Outlet Server (Current Employee), Ramara, ONOctober 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work with many opportunities for employees to move linearly as well as up the ladder in the hospitality business.
Fun Place to Work
Dealer (Former Employee), Rama, ONOctober 4, 2015
Everyone on the team had a passion for customer service. We worked well and got the jobs done. The management and structure were great and I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
easy job and high pay
Card Dealer (Former Employee), Rama, ONSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: easy, buffet, 30 minute break for every 90 minutes you spend working.
Cons: far for city dwellers
The hardest part of this job is to bare seeing patrons losing their entire savings in one night.
Every 90 minutes you spend on the table, you will get a 30-minute paid break.
lunch is buffet style.
Fun people and free lunches. Plus monthly prizes that weren't cheap.
night manager of warehouse (Former Employee), OrilliaAugust 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches and monthly prizes.
Cons: long hours( 10hr. shifts) hard on the body
I worked in a high stress job but enjoyed the pace and found it a challenge to keep up. My peers were impressed with my professionalism. My manager gave me kudos when it was appropriate. made many friends.The hardest part was in the mornings when all restaurants wanted everything all at once. But I was able to provide upon the more important departments first. Sometimes members from the various restaurants would assist to get the orders done.It seemed like a well oiled machine and was rewarding to finish my shift knowing that everyone was happy to put in a good days(nights).
Employer not interested in Employee input
Lead Valet/Valet Attendant/Communications (Former Employee), Rama, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Pretty good hourly rate for position with tips
Cons: Grave shift almost entirely for 7 years- no family life
Worked for Casino for 7 years and found that the Casino does not listen or seem to care about employees. They are determined to eliminate full time positions and convert to part time or eliminate entirely. I found it very hard to get ahead and many policies are anti productive and limiting.
Housekeeping is a great department
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Rama, ONJune 13, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: .
Housekeeping is a great to work for. The managers that run housekeeping are awesome and it is not a difficult job except if you cant stand on your feet for long periods.
great company offering continue education, great benifit
Card dealer (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, trainnings
Greet new and repeat customers and welcome them to the table
Recognized by guests for providing excellent customers service
Built and maintained a strong clientele
Great personality and positive attitude is the key to service client better Well trained management team, great co-workers, great supervisor, nice to work with them The hardest part job would be need to work at night; and the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with people from different parts of the world, learning, experiencing different cultur
Better than min.wage but lots of Scare Tactics and Uptight Mgrs/Sups, FT Hrs not guarenteed
Player Service Cordinator (Former Employee), Rama, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch/transport, free drinks
Cons: tedious, repetive, uncreative, negativity
Well I'll get the good out of the way you get a free meal working an 8-hour shift though you'll be lucky if the foods halfway edible on a given day. Also if you don't have a ride/vehicle there's a bus but they wont take that into account if you need a schedule changed or modified the answer they have is "get the early bus"

Hoo...the bad? Well, if your not a Robot they will tear you a new one, and oh if you show personality or friendliness they will be sure to correct that quickly better believe it. For an Industry that is built on repeat business the attitude is more like "well there's more where that came from" unless they are one of the Big Spender-types in which case if you make mistake they will rain fire upon you.

Anyway the best I can conclude is if you need some kind of work until you can get a better job then I guess this is an OK choice as long as you are good at handling stress from both ends---customers & mgmnt/supervisors--oh and one more thing they will most likely start you on contract and if you survive a year it will be part-time so less than 30 hours/wk except maybe during peak summertime. so if you need guaranteed 40+/hrs a week your best looking elsewhere
Great co-workers
Security Officer & Office Administrator (Current Employee), Rama, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers and Training!
Cons: Working midnights
I have worked for Casino Rama for 12 years now, It has allowed me many great opportunities inside and out!
The training I have been given as an employee has been very beneficial to my every day life!
Good job for people with no financial obligations
Security Officer (Former Employee), Rama, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: untrustworthy management, working every holiday and inconsistent paycheque
5 to 8 hours a day, unqualified Management , some trustworthy co-workers.hardest part of job are road block's by management . The most enjoyable part is working independently.
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Rama, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short shifts
Excellent working environment. All CREW members make going to work enjoyable. All management is very professional and make your job as easy as possible.
Player Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Fair management
Great coworkers
Benefits
A fun job
The hardest part of working at Casino Rama is working holidays but you learn to celebrate these at other times.
Working in a casino kitchen
Kitchen Service Attendant (Former Employee), Orillia, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good free food
An enjoyable place to work, lots to do, lots of people, good free food.

Worked there for 4 years, got to know lots of people, and learned a lot about large scale food production.

Enjoyable work environment.
casino rama gives back to the community in an unselfish way
CASHIERING/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Rama, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: clean working environment
Cons: overworked for the amount of pay sometimes
the most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with the everyday patron. hardest part of this job was dealing with the cashier's themselves and often times management.
The training sometimes the cashiers receive is very minimal and not everyone is suited to do this job.
fun and flexible
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Rama, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: management
I would deal different games based on levels of people at the casino and the skills I had, I enjoyed working with most of my coworkers, hardest part was watching nice people lose, most enjoyable was meeting new people everyday