Casino Rama Employee Reviews

Not a very pleasant place to work
Full Time Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 15, 2016
Customers are rude, no raise for the past 7 years, union has not done anything for the employees. Management does not care for their employees. Morality is very low, within the work place.
Pros
Nice co workers is the only pro to working at Casino Rama.
Cons
Not enough money for what we have to put up with.
Great place
Surveillance Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Rama, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Great place to work if you can handle shift work. Wages are better than most places and a lot of different opportunities. Paid time off program is the best!
Horrible Experience
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONAugust 8, 2012
Good pay, alright benefits. No support from management. No chance of a promotion unless you are close friends with your manager. Difficult to get time off. Has to be scheduled months in advance and may be granted if business is slow. Scheduled 3 days a week as part time (everyone starts as part time and takes forever to get full time)and sent home early most of the time when business is slow. No time off during major holidays. Management treats you like a number not a person. You do get a turkey or ham given to you on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter but it is not free it is taxed as a taxable benefit. So are your meals in their cafiteria. The patrons are rude and abusive. Management would do nothing about the abuse until the bill on workplace harassment came into affect.
Cons
read the review
productive and interactive
Cashiering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONMay 2, 2016
Casino Rama is a social interactive place to work.
The staff are friendly and quite helpful, both in solving problems that happen and the interaction with the customers.
Pros
the pay scale is fair
Cons
hours of employment can stretch the family ties
Great co-workers
Outlets Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONJune 8, 2014
my day started about noon and went until 2:30am, usually 5-6 days a week. On the floor it was about providing the utmost customer service exsperience. I loved meeting new people and dealing with different personallities everyday. I was incharge of 4 outlets, VIP lounge and room service. I had to be hands on and quick on my feet as I dealt with all customer complaints, I was responsiable for ensuring all orders were correct and served in good time. My office work consisted of payroll, scheduling, PTO, shift exchanges and staff training and evaluations.
Pros
working with people and providing great customer service
Cons
no compensation for long hours because of being managemnt
Terrible Work Place
players service coordinator (Former Employee) –  RamaJuly 7, 2013
They over hire individuals just to let others go if they are not mutant workers and have an opinion regardless of right or wrong.

The players service/coordinator department is the worse! a couple good supervisors, a terrible manager and even worse executives.

They win you over in training with their wonderful trainer but then as go further the more individuals you meet you'll realize how pleasant but very fake smiles are, and add promises that cant be fulfilled.

Promise benefits and OT but do not allow full time employees anymore to get away from offering such bonuses. You take lunch when it is convenient for them and breaks if you are lucky.

If I was living on the street I would not re-apply to Casino Rama
Pros
slightly above ave pay but lack of hours-so non
Cons
long list, read review
Enjoyed the startup process of this new facility in Ontario and the opportunity to work in the hospitality industry.
Floor Supervisor Slots Department (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONJuly 31, 2016
As an interviewer it was very rewarding to see that the best individuals were hired for the startup of Casino Rama in 1996 after my retirement from the military in 1995. As a Slots Supervisor I enjoyed helping the Slots Technicians install the slots at the facility prior to opening. I also enjoyed teaching Slot Attendants and Slot Change Attendants their new duties prior to opening and continue to coach and mentor them during the years I supervised them at Casino Rama. I also enjoyed working with the Beverage Servers, Housekeeping staff, Security Officers, Coin Impressment employees, Redemption employees, etc. to ensure that we always had customer satisfaction. This environment required Managers and Supervisors to always be vigilant in monitoring the gaming floor to quickly resolve issues that did arise from malfunctioning slots equipment, to complaints of poor service, patrons accusing others of stealing, etc. I focused on developing employees, recognizing those in each Department on a monthly basis who showed potential and possible future leadership qualities. Bravo Awards were presented to the best employees each month. If not for it being a smoking Casino, and I being an asthmatic, I would have remained in that work environment however I had to quit that career too early for my health.
Pros
Hospitality industry was opposite to my military career, I enjoyed the interaction with the patrons and working with other happy employees
Cons
Smoking, Gambling addictions was very evident
They don't pay or care what you are worth
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Rama, OntarioApril 18, 2013
I was payed a little higher than fair as an entry level position. I was promised 4 days a week about 6 hours per day. Either I was to efficient, or they overestimated how much work they really had, or they weren't delegating enough work to me. When I left I was down to 1 or 2 days a week and about 4-6 hours a day. It wasn't worth getting up at 7am to catch a bus to come all the way out there to then spend another hour catching the bus back home. I have seen some starting wages on indeed for Casino Rama and for a multi-million dollar company, they are absolutely terrible wages!
Pros
medical benefits, pension plan
Cons
terrible food selection for lunch, taxed for your free lunch
fun workplace
Table Gaming Dealer and Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONApril 11, 2016
nice place to work at. everyone is friendly. pays great with tips. provides meals to employees daily. management is nice.
Pros
meals
Cons
standing
Productive/ Opportune Place to work
Assistant Gaming Operations Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 10, 2016
I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my work. I have had many opportunities for learning and advancement throughout my career.
Fun people and free lunches. Plus monthly prizes that weren't cheap.
night manager of warehouse (Former Employee) –  OrilliaAugust 13, 2015
I worked in a high stress job but enjoyed the pace and found it a challenge to keep up. My peers were impressed with my professionalism. My manager gave me kudos when it was appropriate. made many friends.The hardest part was in the mornings when all restaurants wanted everything all at once. But I was able to provide upon the more important departments first. Sometimes members from the various restaurants would assist to get the orders done.It seemed like a well oiled machine and was rewarding to finish my shift knowing that everyone was happy to put in a good days(nights).
Pros
free lunches and monthly prizes.
Cons
long hours( 10hr. shifts) hard on the body
Dont go there!
Outlet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 31, 2014
The best part of Casino Rama was the staff, great group of hard working people.

Guests were rude and Management allowed them to treat us with disrespect constantly, because its all about the gaming floor and nothing else.
Promise all these things such as benefits, advancement, full time positions.....it is not EVER going to happen, its a gimmick to get you in the door. Problem is they now have to hire outside the area (Simcoe County) because they have already gone through or fired all the local people.

Disappointing workplace, they truly need a UNION to protect the workers, as they tend to fire staff for ridiculous reasons. They give the servers their lunch breaks when they start their shift, because it is easier than having a break plan, and don't care about any other breaks during your shift. Some bartenders/servers don't even get one break until 7 hours into their shift, because it is not convenient for management

They have a great onboarding session that lasts 2 days, but they fail to follow through on their promises. Disappointing work place.
The grand plan is to get rid of the loyal Full Timers and replace them with Contract workers, so they don't have to pay benefits or paid time off,pension or promise any amount of hours that you signed up for when you got hired.
Pros
turkeys or hams at holidays
Cons
horrible place
Player Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Fair management
Great coworkers
Benefits
A fun job
The hardest part of working at Casino Rama is working holidays but you learn to celebrate these at other times.
Great place
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONJanuary 24, 2016
The Marketing Department at the Casino was full of energy and was transitioning / rediscovering their brand and striving to make positive changes. The VP was great to work with, still connected with him today and past colleagues.
Interesting and never boring position always learning and changing
Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONMay 29, 2014
Fast paced position requiring on the spot decision making. Organizing of staffing needs on an hourly basis. Varying co-workers each day.
Each day brought new challenges with both internal and external customers.
Learning new things and working as a team.
Pros
excellent pay scale and benefits
Cons
demanding hours
Very secure environment.
Assistant to the Vice President Resort Operations (Former Employee) –  Rama, SKDecember 29, 2015
Well organized and team spirited environment. This company provides an abundance of skill and courses for personal improvement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Grave shift
Job inquiry
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ramara, ONOctober 26, 2015
Atypical day at work for me would be meeting new people and having fun.I have learned in previous work experience that I need to be more reliable at work..It was hard past 5 yrs as I have been sick with medical issue which are presently being fixed The hardest part about the job was trying to understand different nationalities. I loved my job thou and very much like second opportunity to be best employee. I have attached resume at bottom
Good pay and benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ONJuly 10, 2012
Good paying job and good hours, just no room for advancement
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no advancement, hard labour
great company offering continue education, great benifit
Card dealer (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 27, 2015
Greet new and repeat customers and welcome them to the table
Recognized by guests for providing excellent customers service
Built and maintained a strong clientele
Great personality and positive attitude is the key to service client better Well trained management team, great co-workers, great supervisor, nice to work with them The hardest part job would be need to work at night; and the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with people from different parts of the world, learning, experiencing different cultur
Pros
free lunch, trainnings
Fun Place to Work
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ONOctober 4, 2015
Everyone on the team had a passion for customer service. We worked well and got the jobs done. The management and structure were great and I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.

Casino Rama Reviews by Location