Casino Rama

Casino Rama Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employer not interested in Employee input
Lead Valet/Valet Attendant/Communications (Former Employee), Rama, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Pretty good hourly rate for position with tips
Cons: Grave shift almost entirely for 7 years- no family life
Worked for Casino for 7 years and found that the Casino does not listen or seem to care about employees. They are determined to eliminate full time positions and convert to part time or eliminate entirely. I found it very hard to get ahead and many policies are anti productive and limiting.
Housekeeping is a great department
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Rama, ONJune 13, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: .
Housekeeping is a great to work for. The managers that run housekeeping are awesome and it is not a difficult job except if you cant stand on your feet for long periods.
great company offering continue education, great benifit
Card dealer (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, trainnings
Greet new and repeat customers and welcome them to the table
Recognized by guests for providing excellent customers service
Built and maintained a strong clientele
Great personality and positive attitude is the key to service client better Well trained management team, great co-workers, great supervisor, nice to work with them The hardest part job would be need to work at night; and the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with people from different parts of the world, learning, experiencing different cultur
Better than min.wage but lots of Scare Tactics and Uptight Mgrs/Sups, FT Hrs not guarenteed
Player Service Cordinator (Former Employee), Rama, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch/transport, free drinks
Cons: tedious, repetive, uncreative, negativity
Well I'll get the good out of the way you get a free meal working an 8-hour shift though you'll be lucky if the foods halfway edible on a given day. Also if you don't have a ride/vehicle there's a bus but they wont take that into account if you need a schedule changed or modified the answer they have is "get the early bus"

Hoo...the bad? Well, if your not a Robot they will tear you a new one, and – more... oh if you show personality or friendliness they will be sure to correct that quickly better believe it. For an Industry that is built on repeat business the attitude is more like "well there's more where that came from" unless they are one of the Big Spender-types in which case if you make mistake they will rain fire upon you.

Anyway the best I can conclude is if you need some kind of work until you can get a better job then I guess this is an OK choice as long as you are good at handling stress from both ends---customers & mgmnt/supervisors--oh and one more thing they will most likely start you on contract and if you survive a year it will be part-time so less than 30 hours/wk except maybe during peak summertime. so if you need guaranteed 40+/hrs a week your best looking elsewhere – less
Great co-workers
Security Officer & Office Administrator (Current Employee), Rama, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers and Training!
Cons: Working midnights
I have worked for Casino Rama for 12 years now, It has allowed me many great opportunities inside and out!
The training I have been given as an employee has been very beneficial to my every day life!
Good job for people with no financial obligations
Security Officer (Former Employee), Rama, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: untrustworthy management, working every holiday and inconsistent paycheque
5 to 8 hours a day, unqualified Management , some trustworthy co-workers.hardest part of job are road block's by management . The most enjoyable part is working independently.
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Rama, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short shifts
Excellent working environment. All CREW members make going to work enjoyable. All management is very professional and make your job as easy as possible.
Player Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Fair management
Great coworkers
Benefits
A fun job
The hardest part of working at Casino Rama is working holidays but you learn to celebrate these at other times.
Working in a casino kitchen
Kitchen Service Attendant (Former Employee), Orillia, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good free food
An enjoyable place to work, lots to do, lots of people, good free food.

Worked there for 4 years, got to know lots of people, and learned a lot about large scale food production.

Enjoyable work environment.
casino rama gives back to the community in an unselfish way
CASHIERING/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Rama, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: clean working environment
Cons: overworked for the amount of pay sometimes
the most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with the everyday patron. hardest part of this job was dealing with the cashier's themselves and often times management.
The training sometimes the cashiers receive is very minimal and not everyone is suited to do this job.
fun and flexible
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Rama, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: management
I would deal different games based on levels of people at the casino and the skills I had, I enjoyed working with most of my coworkers, hardest part was watching nice people lose, most enjoyable was meeting new people everyday
It was a good job.
Food server (Former Employee), Orillia, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: money
Everything was really great. The money was great and everything was done properly.
great place to work, competitive rates, overall enjoyable
Gaming operations (Current Employee), Rama, OntarioAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches and company incentives
Cons: working hours
a typical day at work is fun and challenging
I've learned a great deal about time management, customer service, team work.
my co-workers were great
The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours, since it's a company that runs 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, it's to have "normal working hours"
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with customers, and internal staff.
Dont go there!
Outlet Supervisor (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJuly 31, 2014
Pros: turkeys or hams at holidays
Cons: horrible place
The best part of Casino Rama was the staff, great group of hard working people.

Guests were rude and Management allowed them to treat us with disrespect constantly, because its all about the gaming floor and nothing else.
Promise all these things such as benefits, advancement, full time positions.....it is not EVER going to happen, its a gimmick to get you in the door. Problem is they now have to – more... hire outside the area (Simcoe County) because they have already gone through or fired all the local people.

Disappointing workplace, they truly need a UNION to protect the workers, as they tend to fire staff for ridiculous reasons. They give the servers their lunch breaks when they start their shift, because it is easier than having a break plan, and don't care about any other breaks during your shift. Some bartenders/servers don't even get one break until 7 hours into their shift, because it is not convenient for management

They have a great onboarding session that lasts 2 days, but they fail to follow through on their promises. Disappointing work place.
The grand plan is to get rid of the loyal Full Timers and replace them with Contract workers, so they don't have to pay benefits or paid time off,pension or promise any amount of hours that you signed up for when you got hired. – less
fun place to work
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee), Orillia, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: some difficult customers
everyday is different and challenging.
great staff
meet all kinds of people
Great co-workers
Outlets Supervisor (Former Employee), Rama, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: working with people and providing great customer service
Cons: no compensation for long hours because of being managemnt
my day started about noon and went until 2:30am, usually 5-6 days a week. On the floor it was about providing the utmost customer service exsperience. I loved meeting new people and dealing with different personallities everyday. I was incharge of 4 outlets, VIP lounge and room service. I had to be hands on and quick on my feet as I dealt with all customer complaints, I was responsiable for ensuring all orders were correct and served in good time. My office work consisted of payroll, scheduling, PTO, shift exchanges and staff training and evaluations.
Interesting and never boring position always learning and changing
Pit Manager (Former Employee), Rama, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: excellent pay scale and benefits
Cons: demanding hours
Fast paced position requiring on the spot decision making. Organizing of staffing needs on an hourly basis. Varying co-workers each day.
Each day brought new challenges with both internal and external customers.
Learning new things and working as a team.
Crew Day: when they had activities, food and a concert for free
Cleaner (Former Employee), Orillia, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: christmas bonus and a ham for easter and a turkey for christmas
Cons: having to deal with abusive customers
I would go to work for 11 pm and I would get my uniform. I would get a piece of paper with what work has to be done that evening. I would then go and get my jobs done. I am a quick learner at whatever needs to be done. I learned how to work with others and with the public. The management were easy to work for. The supervisors were too young and unorganized. I did get along with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was high dusting and having to watch patrons walking by, and when I had to move the machine around. I really enjoyed working at Casino Rama because of my fellow workers and what the job entailed.
Casino
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), RAMAApril 15, 2014
Get up and Go to Work it had excellent transportation for people to get to and from work.
Fast paced environment
BARBACK (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: fast
Cons: random scheduling
As a barback at the casino it was my responsibility to serve customers and maintain a clean and safe workspace at all of the casinos 4 bars.

I worked shift work and was also staffed on the graveyard shift occasionally.

The fast pace of the food and beverage department, while sometimes challenging, was welcomed on night and graveyard shifts.

1 2 3