Casino Rama Employee Reviews

Scheduling Clerk
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK28 September 2017
I mostly took care of Schedule changes made by workers, (dealers).
I've learnt a few things on Excel program, which was used . Most enjoyable part of the job was greeting workers and chatting about their needs and joke around.
Worst Job Ever
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON21 August 2017
Absolutely hated working at Casino Rama. Everything from the management to other staff... Worst Job of my life, and when you do everything possible to advance to another location,, you are ignored.
Pros
Turtle Island
Cons
No Advancement
9 September 2017

Thanks for sharing your opinion about our company on Indeed.com, we’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience. If you’d like to share more with one of our HR representatives, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at: HRmedia@casinorama.com.

good pay with benefits
D/R Coin/General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK10 August 2017
dont remember much, but co-workers were great as were managers. upper management had no clue on what us frontline workers did on a daily basis. long days for me as it was an hour drive there and an hour drive back.
Great CoWorkers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON11 July 2017
Shifts continually cancelled. Unable to budget with such unsteady shift assignments.

Great staff, great customers. Meet lots of different types of people and I really enjoy that.
17 July 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear you enjoy interacting with C.R.E.W. and customers, and are sorry to hear about your shift assignments.

If you'd like to discuss your schedule with someone from our HR team, please contact us at hrmedia@casinorama.com.

Good Place to work
WARDROBE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON30 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that the patrons had a good time. I would greet them when they arrived,and again when they were leaving so it was a very good day for me when the patrons were happy.
Pros
Free Lunch, Turkey or ham for christmas & easter
Cons
Part time, no guranteed hours
5 June 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience, we’re glad you enjoyed working as a Wardrobe Attendant!

Its Ok
Outlet CREW Member (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON9 May 2017
Cannot get enough shifts to even bother with the commute. Moved up from the city because apparently I would be getting minimum 30 hours a week, Have been given 8 a week. Talked to sup and maagement cant even apply in another department until 1600 probation period is over.... with 8 hours a week? Wont be staying long!
16 May 2017

We highly value C.R.E.W. feeback and are sorry to hear you are only receiving an eight hour work week. Please contact our HR Business Partner Labour Relations, Ron Hodgson, at hodgsonr@casinorama.com to discuss the details and how we can try to help.

Good job for younger people or stidents
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON4 May 2017
I'm actually really disappointed in casino Rama. I'm also a little irritated that indeed wouldn't let me continue without writing a review for my previous jobs
intresting work inviroment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 April 2017
This was an interesting experience, there was a lot of great people that worked there lots of perks for the employees. Turtle island is what the staff cafeteria and you get all the same food that is offered to the customers in all the restaurants.
Pros
every day is an adventure
Cons
no job security
8 May 2017

We highly value C.R.E.W. feedback, thank you for sharing your experience. We are proud to say that almost 20% of our C.R.E.W. have been with us since Day 1!

good place to work
kitchen services & warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 April 2017
I worked at casino rama for 7 years. I took care of the warehouse on grave shift. it was hard work but the people and the pay made it worth wile. I met some good friens and had a lot of fun.
Pros
good pay and holidays.
Cons
lots of hard work.
8 May 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we're glad you enjoyed your time here.

Hardwork and doesnt pay the greatest
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Casino Rama however as a house keeper. I did not find the wage to be good for the amount of work you do. Very physical job, you will stay in shape that is forsure.
8 May 2017

It's great to hear from former C.R.E.W. and we're happy you enjoyed your time here. We believe we offer a competitive total compensation package that includes not just wages but C.R.E.W. Events, Rewards and Recognition programs and complimentary meals in Turtle Island Cafe.

Not a great work environment
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 February 2017
I thought management was not the greatest, working nightshift was difficult but overall I grew very much as an employee there and learned alot of lessons within the workplace.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
not the greatest work environment
negative
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON2 February 2017
Never worked in a more negative atmosphere in my entire life. Decent money is the only reason to be there. Lack of trust in people ha created an extremely poor working environment.
work environment has suffered since the union
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON14 October 2016
I have found that since the Union has come to the Casino, staff moral and working hours have suffered. Hours/ management/ moral/ upward mobility..
Pros
Free lunches, benefits bonuses (turkeys/ hams)
Cons
lost my weekends off, senority NOT first factor anymore
2017 Outlet Bartender
Outlet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rama, Ontario10 October 2016
No one cares, not even Human Resources. The staff lies and dont tip out and the other bartenders also lie and dont split. Absolutely no breaks. On your feet for more then 7 hours. Have to ask if you can have a lunch and only when its convenient for them. Most of the mangement are hypocrites. I read all the reviews and depending on your job I guess it could work out. They expect so much of you and when you tell them how unfair it is they just say quit or find another position. If you have to travel in bad weather it really isn't worth it. And if your cold because you working close to a outside door that too bad. You cant put on extra cloths but they will get mad when you call in sick and tell other employees your business. They make you part time so they dont have to pay you a decent wage and provide zero benefits. I talked to people who have been there years and I dont think one of them are happy. Very greedy/ money hungry staff. Very bad job culture.
Pros
They provide hot lunches which you have to pay $6.00/meal even if you dont want to eat there
Cons
you cant leave the premises for lunch, Cant eat while working, Cant chew gum. You cant wear big earring, You cant take breaks, They forget to give you a lunch or give it early so you are standing for long periods..
Casino Rama; decent place to work
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Rama, SK10 September 2016
With the new union there is a bit of a struggle working out what works and what new criteria need to be followed. That being said the Casino has competitive pay, consistent hours, innumerable positions and fantastic perks.
Pros
free lunches
Great place
Surveillance Monitor Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON3 September 2016
Great place to work if you can handle shift work. Wages are better than most places and a lot of different opportunities. Paid time off program is the best!
Enjoyed the startup process of this new facility in Ontario and the opportunity to work in the hospitality industry.
Floor Supervisor Slots Department (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON31 July 2016
As an interviewer it was very rewarding to see that the best individuals were hired for the startup of Casino Rama in 1996 after my retirement from the military in 1995. As a Slots Supervisor I enjoyed helping the Slots Technicians install the slots at the facility prior to opening. I also enjoyed teaching Slot Attendants and Slot Change Attendants their new duties prior to opening and continue to coach and mentor them during the years I supervised them at Casino Rama. I also enjoyed working with the Beverage Servers, Housekeeping staff, Security Officers, Coin Impressment employees, Redemption employees, etc. to ensure that we always had customer satisfaction. This environment required Managers and Supervisors to always be vigilant in monitoring the gaming floor to quickly resolve issues that did arise from malfunctioning slots equipment, to complaints of poor service, patrons accusing others of stealing, etc. I focused on developing employees, recognizing those in each Department on a monthly basis who showed potential and possible future leadership qualities. Bravo Awards were presented to the best employees each month. If not for it being a smoking Casino, and I being an asthmatic, I would have remained in that work environment however I had to quit that career too early for my health.
Pros
Hospitality industry was opposite to my military career, I enjoyed the interaction with the patrons and working with other happy employees
Cons
Smoking, Gambling addictions was very evident
Not a very pleasant place to work
Full Time Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 May 2016
Customers are rude, no raise for the past 7 years, union has not done anything for the employees. Management does not care for their employees. Morality is very low, within the work place.
Pros
Nice co workers is the only pro to working at Casino Rama.
Cons
Not enough money for what we have to put up with.
productive and interactive
Cashiering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON2 May 2016
Casino Rama is a social interactive place to work.
The staff are friendly and quite helpful, both in solving problems that happen and the interaction with the customers.
Pros
the pay scale is fair
Cons
hours of employment can stretch the family ties
fun workplace
Table Gaming Dealer and Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON11 April 2016
nice place to work at. everyone is friendly. pays great with tips. provides meals to employees daily. management is nice.
Pros
meals
Cons
standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casino Rama. Our community is ready to answer.

Casino Rama Reviews by Location