Casino Nova Scotia

Casino Nova Scotia Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employees are Expendable
Server & Hostess (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 5, 2014
Not a bad job but a very low morale throughout the entire workplace which management attempts to veil by encouraging a "fun" philosophy.

Employees are expendable - the management may pretend to have your best interest at heart but this is not the case. Not only do they lack an interest in your job security but most of the time they don't have a say – more... in your future with the company as they have a boss who has a boss who has a boss. Such a shame!

Such a negative environment! Felt like I was attending high school. – less
Entertaining workplace
Table games dealer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 7, 2014
Casino employment is a fun, positive job that teaches you how to perfect strength in challenging circumstances that promotes patience.
Kitchen Steward
Slot Attendant / Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
General kitchen work and dishes. Typically long hours and a lot of work. Not only are you responsible for the cleaning of the resturant but the catering service as well as any function the takes place in the casino.
Working for Caesars world was exciting and dynamic!
Casino Food & Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee), Halifax & Cape BretonSeptember 3, 2013
This comnpany encourages the advancement of team members by facilitating cross-disciplinary opportunities within the company.
Not a very nice place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: paid the bills
Cons: shift work hours not family friendly
A lot of favoritism was an issue here. The working hours were very hard with my home life. Did not feel at home living in Nova Scotia and was glad when an opportunity to return to Calgary came up.
Good paying job with benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: shift work
Ensuring the safety of all employees and customers within the workplace.
Providing customer service to the patrons.
This improved my customer service skills.
bad
Line Cook (Current Employee), Sydney, NSSeptember 12, 2012
managment treat you like you expendable at any moment ...which you are ...company is in decline ,,unforseen lay offs every 3 months at random ...
Music, exciting, interesting, fun!
Porter (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches because we had a meal card!
Cons: night shift
I was a cleaner at the casino and the job its self was not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people i got the opportunity to work with, because all my co workers were amazing and I really enjoyed the time I spent with them. We carried on and joked around alot of the time which maybe every shift a joy to go to.
Excellent job to work for. Great staff and great management!
Hostess (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 28, 2012
Pros: excellent coworkers
Cons: not enough hours of work
A typical day would be a 5-8 hour shift. Cleaning tables, setting tables, seating guests, taking reservations etc. Management was excellent. I learned a lot about the restaurant business and about the hustle and bustle. Hardest part of work was the hours on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the guests, and the great staff.