Cash Store Financial

Cash Store Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Cash Store
FCSR (Current Employee), Edmonton AbJuly 29, 2013
Pros: meeting new and interesting people, building relationships with clients
Cons: open 7 days a week, extra work that my boss collected bonus for, long hours, no overtime pay if asked to do so
The Cash Store was an alright place to work. Other than there low paying wages and not very good management. Other than that I loved working with my co-workers and seeing the different kind of people that came in and out everyday. It was a life experience working at the cash store and also an eye opener to how much better I needed to be appreciated and treated in the work place. I am searching for new work and would like to be brought into a place where I will be treated equally and appreciated for the work that I do.
Interactive and Exciting
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Knowing that we were giving the best possible customer experience
Cons: Having regular customers come in sad or on behalf of someone who has died
As a financial service rep my day consisted of dealing with customers and making delinquent calls. Doing bank deposits and collecting payments.
I learned that the more you did the better chance of moving up in the company
Management was friendly and informative
Co workers were hard working and friendly
The hardest part was the customer unable to pay due to life circumstances
The most enjoyment was the conversations with customers while they were in branch
Started off great but is a very toxic place to be now.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2014
I should have investigated a bit more before taking on a position with Cash Store Financial. I was excited to be with a large supposedly well established company. The people seemed to be nice.

After being promoted to the position of Marketing Assistant, which I might add was nothing as was promised, I quickly learned that things were not as rosy and I had thought.

There were a lot of fantastic people here but now with the credit protection situation and the laying off of hundreds of people, there are very few remaining familiar faces.
Would NEVER recommend this company. Not even to my worst enemy.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Interior, BCFebruary 26, 2014
This is the company of a million lies.

They will tell you they will hire you full-time and then give you 20-30 hours.
They tell you that there is room for advancement and that they LOVE to promote from within and then they will over look you - no matter how hard you work and hire people with no experience to be your boss.
You will never get a raise no matter what you do to prove yourself.
They will hire new people on at the same wage as you and not rectify your pay.
I would honestly NEVER suggest this company to anyone.
The best place i have worked thus far
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches. bonuses
Cons: there is nothing i would change
I enjoyed working for this company very much. I learned so much from the staff i worked with everyday. I enjoyed going into work knowing that at the end of the day...my boss was happy with my work ethics. The girls i worked with made this also a great team.
its a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Prince Rupert, BCApril 8, 2015
Pros: i had Monday to Friday 9-5:30
Cons: company was sold to Easyfinancial
this was an ok job until they sold to Easyfinancial
you would get monthly bonuses is you made so much per month
I worked a good schedule 9-5:30 with most weekends off
customers and co-workers were awesome
just wish the pay was better
awful experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 2, 2013
Pros: office space
Cons: long hour
Iam currently working in their corporate office feel like it was my wrong choice, bad management , long working hour, no appreciation though they have so called bonus system but it's not for all. I won't recommend any body to join here.
Very uncomfortable place to work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
Currently Cash Store Financial is under bankruptcy protection. Their business practices are under investigation and it has now become a moral issue for me. There are a number of wonderful people here but I want to be able to tell people proudly where I work.
low pay / high turnover
Loans Advisor (Former Employee), Edson, ABOctober 7, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: lots of quiet time during the day
In this position you are able to help people in a poor financial situation. The pay is very low and as a result the high turn over rate exists. Very little corporate support and no room for advancement.
comfortable work place setting & continuous learning
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), hamiltonDecember 5, 2012
Pros: bonus structure
Cons: advancement possiblities rare
I found the job was interesting and I liked dealing with the public, however salary and job adbancement potential was not where i wanted it to be. It was a fast paced environment which worked well with me.
From my personal experience this company is
cash store financial/instaloans (Former Employee), kamloops, bcJanuary 27, 2013
Cons: long hours, no breaks, bad communication, under appreciated.
not professional very unstable with employees and if you are seeking a chance of advancement, don't be surprised when your request is denied.
would not do it again
CSR/Branch Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2015
Learn a lot but too fast. Management was extremely poor only really worried about themselves. We were the bees working in the factory. But they are bankrupt now and shut down. The rest is history
I enjoyed my job and loved working for the company
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Rocky Mountain House, ABAugust 8, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Cash Store Financial. The company is restructuring and unfortunately my branch is one of the many being closed. There are no other positions available at this time, otherwise I wouldn't be leaving
Challenging
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 15, 2015
We have just been bought out by Money Mart the hardest part of my job is up-selling, the most enjoyable part is the people that I serve all day and getting to meet new people all the time.
Great Learning experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Good Management
Cons: Bad CEO
Unfortunately at the time I took this position the company was facing turmoil and I did not get a chance to experience the full spectrum of what the company was able to offer me.
meh
Customer service/Loan officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2014
working here was ok, but I would never work here again. Never got days off when I needed and worked almost every weekend and alone which is scary in a cash place at night.
Great Schedule
Financial Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJune 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, hours of opertation
Cons: low starting wage
Sunday/Mondays off, 9:30-5:30, plenty of time to get lunch, good location close to home, great people in the company, great benefits.
Productive and entertaining place to work
Support (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2014
The staff at Cash Store Financial are fun to work with. The management is fairly laid back. The hardest part of the job is a lot of down time often.
Awful place too work. Rules broken daily. Management nonexistent.
cash rep (Former Employee), TorontoMay 28, 2013
Cons: everything
Quick too blame new people for on going security issues.
No advancement no job security
Most management are using other cash stores for loans
co-workers were nice and helpful.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2016
most of time during the work, you will feel stressful. poor management.not much skills you can learn at work, just some repeat jobs.
Headquarters