Cash Store Financial

Cash Store Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Started off great but is a very toxic place to be now.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2014
I should have investigated a bit more before taking on a position with Cash Store Financial. I was excited to be with a large supposedly well established company. The people seemed to be nice.

After being promoted to the position of Marketing Assistant, which I might add was nothing as was promised, I quickly learned that things were not as rosy and – more... I had thought.

There were a lot of fantastic people here but now with the credit protection situation and the laying off of hundreds of people, there are very few remaining familiar faces. – less
Very uncomfortable place to work
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
Currently Cash Store Financial is under bankruptcy protection. Their business practices are under investigation and it has now become a moral issue for me. There are a number of wonderful people here but I want to be able to tell people proudly where I work.
A work in progress
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
A work in progress. A challenging time in the industry currently translates into job insecurity and the resultant issues.
Productive and entertaining place to work
Support (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 21, 2014
The staff at Cash Store Financial are fun to work with. The management is fairly laid back. The hardest part of the job is a lot of down time often.
Would NEVER recommend this company. Not even to my worst enemy.
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Interior, BCFebruary 26, 2014
This is the company of a million lies.

They will tell you they will hire you full-time and then give you 20-30 hours.
They tell you that there is room for advancement and that they LOVE to promote from within and then they will over look you - no matter how hard you work and hire people with no experience to be your boss.
You will never get a raise – more... no matter what you do to prove yourself.
They will hire new people on at the same wage as you and not rectify your pay.
I would honestly NEVER suggest this company to anyone. – less
productive and
Financial Customer service rep (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 26, 2014
great professional environment, self motivation is key. a lot of attention to detail. customer interaction is the best part.
meh
Customer service/Loan officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 2, 2014
working here was ok, but I would never work here again. Never got days off when I needed and worked almost every weekend and alone which is scary in a cash place at night.
low pay / high turnover
Loans Advisor (Former Employee), Edson, ABOctober 7, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: lots of quiet time during the day
In this position you are able to help people in a poor financial situation. The pay is very low and as a result the high turn over rate exists. Very little corporate support and no room for advancement.
awful experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 2, 2013
Pros: office space
Cons: long hour
Iam currently working in their corporate office feel like it was my wrong choice, bad management , long working hour, no appreciation though they have so called bonus system but it's not for all. I won't recommend any body to join here.
managing daily operation with cash distribution and collections
Branch Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 5, 2013
Pros: bonus incentives, good benefits
Cons: long hours, abusive customers
A typical day includes balancing daily transactions, answering phones, making collection and marketing calls, assisting customers with their financial needs and managing a branch. I have learned to be patient and understanding. I have also learned how to manage my staff and produce a profitable branch. The management is very approachable and easy to – more... talk to while being effective. The branches usually consist of 3-4 people. My branch works well together and while keeping a professional manner. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the finances of other people and trying to be understanding while also keeping the best interest of the company in mind. The best part of my job is meeting people of all different backgrounds and being able to help them in times of need. – less
The Cash Store
FCSR (Current Employee), Edmonton AbJuly 29, 2013
Pros: meeting new and interesting people, building relationships with clients
Cons: open 7 days a week, extra work that my boss collected bonus for, long hours, no overtime pay if asked to do so
The Cash Store was an alright place to work. Other than there low paying wages and not very good management. Other than that I loved working with my co-workers and seeing the different kind of people that came in and out everyday. It was a life experience working at the cash store and also an eye opener to how much better I needed to be appreciated – more... and treated in the work place. I am searching for new work and would like to be brought into a place where I will be treated equally and appreciated for the work that I do. – less
Awful place too work. Rules broken daily. Management nonexistent.
cash rep (Former Employee), TorontoMay 28, 2013
Cons: everything
Quick too blame new people for on going security issues.
No advancement no job security
Most management are using other cash stores for loans
DO NOT WORK HERE
Financial CSR (Former Employee), BramptonApril 26, 2013
Cons: everything....do not work here
DO NOT WORK HERE. No career advancement and compensation is not on par.
Recovery specialist (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 22, 2013
Pros: insentives
Cons: high quota
People and management were very friendly and helpful . They want you to succeed and move up within the company
From my personal experience this company is
cash store financial/instaloans (Former Employee), kamloops, bcJanuary 27, 2013
Cons: long hours, no breaks, bad communication, under appreciated.
not professional very unstable with employees and if you are seeking a chance of advancement, don't be surprised when your request is denied.
comfortable work place setting & continuous learning
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), hamiltonDecember 5, 2012
Pros: bonus structure
Cons: advancement possiblities rare
I found the job was interesting and I liked dealing with the public, however salary and job adbancement potential was not where i wanted it to be. It was a fast paced environment which worked well with me.
Bonus and part time
Part Time Financial CSR (Current Employee), ottawa, ontarioNovember 15, 2012
good company to work for. No few company's offer benefits and bonus opportunities to their part time staff
good work environment
Customer representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2012
good place to work while in school.
management was good co-workers were nice too
fun, productive and fast paced
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), ABMay 2, 2014
Wonderful place to work, excellent people great chance to advance the Canadian side of the business is fabulous

About Cash Store Financial

Cash Store Financial is a well-established and growing company that employs over 2000 associates in over 570 branches in Canada – Read more

Cash Store Financial Photos