Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and dynamic company that employs over 1,900 associates in just over 500 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are positioned for success.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Interested in learning more about us? Click here: http://ebo.workopolis.com/careers/CASH-STORE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-INC
Exceptional opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who wants to advance their accounting career. This position reports to the Assistant Controller in our Financial Reporting division. In this dynamic role you will be provided with the opportunity to enhance and develop your accounting skills by providing support to the Financial Reporting team through preparing accurate, timely and reliable financial information. You will be involved in account reconciliations and preparation of monthly binders, as well as special projects on an ad hoc basis. This role provides you with the opportunity to work and be mentored in a strong team with varying levels of education and experience.
More specifically, the month end responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Journal entry preparation and account reconciliations, including preparation of related sections of monthly binders;
- Preparation and analysis of various month end consumer loan reports;
- Liaise and provide support for various operational tasks within the Financial Reporting division;
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of departmental policies and procedures;
- Miscellaneous items and projects as required
As a qualified applicant you will possess:
- 2+ years experience in an accounting role
- Pursuing a CMA, CGA or CPA designation
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and team work skills
- High attention to detail and able to analyze high volumes of data
- Works well under pressure and multiple deadlines
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with account reconciliations and strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential
- ACCPAC experience an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we want to talk to you!
For more information regarding this role, contact Ashley Ozon, Manager, Human Resources at (780) 809-2215 or if you would like to apply directly to this position, then please forward your resume and cover letter quoting “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.