Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and dynamic company that employs over 1,900 associates in just over 500 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are positioned for success.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Exceptional opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
Our Marketing and Communications department is in need of an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join their team as a Senior Graphic Designer. In this role, you will be executing senior level design, with a focus on point of sale retail, as led by the VP of Marketing and the Marketing Communications Manager. You will be providing concept development, proofing, pre-press and associated functions, performed accurately, within specified time frames and within branding guidelines.
- Assist in development and execution of brand guidelines as laid out
- Development of senior level design work for promotional campaigns
- Complete planning, typesetting and graphic design to specifications and within required time frames
- Liaise with internal clients, as necessary, in respect of artwork and design requirements
- Manage the artwork approval process to ensure all artwork has been approved and signed off by the department head and creative manager prior to production
- Advise and assist in providing electronic files in a suitable format for efficient production
- When required, liaise with desktop publishing agencies and other external suppliers to ensure outsourced work is produced accurately and on time
- If required, complete projects after normal work hours
- Recommend appropriate efficiency and quality improvement measures
For more information on the role and the organization check out: http://ebo.workopolis.com/careers/CASH-STORE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-INC
- Formal recognized education in graphic design
- A minimum of 4 years production experience is required, with preference given to those applicants with experience designing for the financial sector
- Previous practical experience in pre-press and graphic design in an offset printing environment as well as web/digital design standards, specializing in the development of point of sale materials and retail print collateral
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to follow a project from concept to completion
- Ability to illustrate and design editorial, promotional or logo artwork
- Advanced colour theory and typographic knowledge
- Confident knowledge of digital and print best practice standards
- Professional presentation of work, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, with ability to take direction
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to follow defined workflow systems
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information regarding this role, contact Trevor Sieben, Marketing Communications Manager at (780) 408-5110 ext 5932 or if you would like to apply directly to this position, then please click APPLY NOW to forward your resume and cover letter, quoting “Senior Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
*Portfolio review will be part of the interview process. Online portfolio submitted, online or via downloadable PDF with your application is required.*
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes