Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and growing company that employs over 2000 associates in over 570 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are poised for growth. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Exceptional opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
Our Training team is looking for an enthusiastic, professional and highly motivated individual, with exceptional writing and presentation capabilities, to join their face paced team as a Script Writer/Editor. As the successful candidate you will maintain and write for Cash Store Financial’s audio/video training, communications and information storage tools, and associate dialogue scripts.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing updates and maintains the scripts and content for associate training videos, communications and commercials.
- Develop associate sales dialogue scripts.
- Collaborate with various departments to obtain, track and convert business requirements into scripts.
- Collaborate with various departments to confirm that business training requirements have been met.
- Responsible to coordinate, track and report on project statuses.
- Assists the Media Production Department in pre-production planning, concept builds, on set assistance where required.
- Review audio/video drafts to ensure requirements were met.
- Deliver training via audio/video/multimedia methods as a trainer or actor.
- Develop training activities and agendas to accompany multimedia training
- Administer communication, reporting and support of the Training Tuesday’s program.
- Deliver training via audio/video methods as a trainer or actor.
- Maintain specific content for the Company intranet (SharePoint
- Edit and review all training documents to ensure that they are grammatically correct, esthetically pleasing, and meet department standards.
- Assist in the writing of Company Policies and Procedures.
As the ideal candidate you are:
o Enrolled in or near completion of a degree/diploma in Adult Education, Media Communications, Communications, Filmic Writing or Professional Writing and/or,
o Experienced in providing superior customer service and possess a minimum of 5 years of training development or communications experience in the corporate office of a retail service provider, alternative financial service provider or banking provider.
o Proficient with Microsoft Applications and knowledgable of Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
o Experienced with project management or coordination, and have strong oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills.
o A self starter with the ablility to self-manage and are diplomatic and professional.
o Able to maintain a tactical knowledge and skill set of all Cash Store Financial products, services, collections practices, systems, operational processes and sales processes.
o An excellent writer with the ability to translate high level business requirements or existing training materials into detailed processes or dialogue, and deliver content that is grammatically correct, logically presented, creative and contains a positive and professional undertone.
If you enjoy working with everyday people and are friendly, mature, approachable and keen to learn and grow with a thriving company we have a career path worth considering. Join us!!
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity, then we want to talk to you! You can contact Tonia Huynh, at 780 408 5110 ext: 5607 or by email quoting “Script Writer” in the subject line.
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.